/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Omar_Farouk
01-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Assalaamualaykum,

I hope your all well, here is a bit of advice I have learnt over the years. Hope it helps inshAllah:

The reason why where in this world is to serve Allah and do everything we can to obey him. This is why we should be like travelers in this world. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) said to the closest effect that the time between his lifetime and the Aakhirat (hereafter) is the space between his thumb and shahaadah (pointing) finger. This was at the time of the prophet, so how long do we have left?

This world is known to be a prison for the believers and paradise for the disbelievers, meaning we cant go out and party like they do, we cant eat or drink some of the stuff they eat or drink etc. By not being able to do this Muslims feel they are being tied up and are not allowed to do anything in Islam. If you look at it this way that if we control our desires just for a short time we will have eternal bliss in the hereafter.

When we commit a sin we should think to ourselves would we do this in front of our friends or family or even in front of our enemies. Those same sins are being seen by our creator Allah SubhanahuWataAla, who has given us so much that we will never be able to repay him. He has given us eyes to see with, ears to hear with, a roof over our head amongst countless other things. So why can’t we be grateful for all that he has given us and try our utmost best to obey him. The same goes for parents who looked after us since we were born and stayed awake at night to look after us. There is a Hadith, which states that Jannat lies under the feet of your mother, this is how much importance is given to the parents.

As soon as a sin is committed we should ask for forgiveness and do sincere repentance, no matter how many times we sin Allah will forgive us (as long as we are sincere and have the intention to stop doing that sin). People who say I will stop doing this sin from tomorrow or that sin from a particular day are destroying their Imaan as that day will never come.

Another important point is looking down on people and thinking you are a better person or Muslim then he/she is. We don’t know that this same person could have such a close relation with Allah that all there duas get accepted, only Allah knows this and we should look at ourselves before looking at others.

When we do a good deed we should always do it solely for the love and pleasure of Allah no one else, (Innamal A'malu binniyaat - Actions are according to intentions) If we do it to show others then we will not get rewarded by Allah but have a few minutes of fame amongst the people you did it for. Wouldn’t we rather get rewarded by our creator then a person who was created by Allah.

In Islam there’s no such thing as major sins and minor sins, all sins are major, this is because anything that causes the displeasure of Allah is a major sin as we are going against our Creator. Every time we do a sin a black dot appears on our heart, in the same way that pebbles make mountains these small sins will add up and will eventually blacken our hearts completely, and will outweigh major sins.

This is when we will be hard hearted and not even regret doing any sin. Some people will want to leave their sins but will find it so hard to leave them. They will not have the ability to turn to Allah and will not be able to repent or even shed a tear. This is why every sin should be seen as a major sin, with everything we do we should look at ourselves and think, will this make our rabb Allah happy or displease him. This way we will be able to control our desires.

Sheikh Saleem Dhorat gave a good example of two neighbours who suffer from eczema, one neighbour scratches so he gets relief from the pain, and the other uses an ointment to relieve his pain. The neighbour who scratches will find enjoyment for a short time but this scratching will lead to cutting his body and causing blood and puss to flow out of his wounds leading his body to rot, the other neighbor will feel a lot of pain as the ointment will burn for a while but in the long run he will be cured.

In the same way if we sin and find enjoyment from sin, we will enjoy it for a short while, but will face the consequences. But if we control ourselves and try to pray five times salaah, lower our gazes and refrain from all types of sin, we will find it hard for a while but will be rewarded immensely in this world and the hereafter. And we will always have peace of mind. We are in this dunya for a short time, so lets try to perform those deeds that will attain closeness to Allah.

I hope this helps inshAllah, May Allah forgive me if I have said anything wrong. And make it easy for all of us (including me) to practice on this.

I am not trying to preach to anyone, as I am sinful myself but thought I could advise people to the best of my ability. Lets make a firm intention to change our lives and have the constant remembrance of Allah and always remember that he is watching us.

May Allah grant us all the ability to constantly do good, refrain from bad and control our desires, obey all the commandments of Allah, and follow the way of our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw).

Your brother in Islam, Omar Farouk. (Please make Dua for me, I really need it).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
:sl:

JazzakAllah brother Umar for the reminder, wise words from a wise brother :)

aamirsaab
01-06-2005, 03:48 PM
v nice. good to see muslims awakening now and being observent

nice article liked it lots

kadafi
01-06-2005, 06:48 PM

A provokin' post! :thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sunni
04-15-2005, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omar_Farouk
May Allah grant us all the ability to constantly do good, refrain from bad and control our desires, obey all the commandments of Allah, and follow the way of our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw).

Ameen.

WomanOfJihad
04-15-2005, 11:41 PM

Indeed a Great reminder for all the muslims .. and MashAllah that was a brilliant Naseeha ,..

Thumma Ameen

:w:

~fUrRrI~
04-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Ameen!

Uthman
04-16-2005, 11:39 AM

Ameen. :) Jazakallah khairan brother for the advice. :) May Allah guide us all. :)

:w:

Far7an
04-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Old thread, but like others I just noticed it now..Barakallah feek

Khayal
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM

InshaAllaah & Aameen!

Jazaak ALLAH khayr.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.