/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Celebrating Eid?

paradise88
09-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Im not sure if im the only one that thinks this but does anyone find it weird that non religious people celebrate Eid and make a big deal? Some people dont fast or pray but when it comes to Eid they do so much like getting dressed up, going out and celebrating. I keep thinking to myself, what and why are they celebrating? It's similar to them people who dont normally pray but make a big deal out of Shab-e-Barat..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by paradise786
Im not sure if im the only one that thinks this but does anyone find it weird that non religious people celebrate Eid and make a big deal? Some people dont fast or pray but when it comes to Eid they do so much like getting dressed up, going out and celebrating. I keep thinking to myself, what and why are they celebrating? It's similar to them people who dont normally pray but make a big deal out of Shab-e-Barat..
What do you mean by "non religious people" sis? People who are not muslims? Or Muslims who lack faith? (May Allah SWT Guide Them)

paradise88
09-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah sorry meant people who lack faith or dont practice properly..

Kittygyal
09-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Right. Waste of time this threas co'z Allaah is the one who can judge them.

Lets not interfer and leave it to Allaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
deen_2007
09-07-2007, 09:50 PM
^ huh.....but sis she has a point....yes her phrasing was bad...but i think i get her point...

but then yes i get ur point too....we shouldnt judge people true...but creating this thread isnt such a bad idea!

we all can come up with ideas in ways we can help our brothers & sisters in understanding what is right and what is not...

Easy-tALK.....tries to tackle these kinds of problems.....we shouldnt burden ourselves on people who lack in faith.....but we shouldnt forget our duty either...

muslims should help one another....because that little push may make one understan properly...

paradise88
09-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks sis for understanding me, true i may not be good at explaining something so in a way im being judged on what i say.. anyway im not judging anyone just saying what ive seen and how it's like to see it all the time. Im not saying i hate someone for being like that, im just saying if anyone has seen this kind of attitude towards islam. I believe we should help and guide people as much as we can without being judgemental

deen_2007
09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks sis for understanding me, true i may not be good at explaining something so in a way im being judged on what i say.. anyway im not judging anyone just saying what ive seen and how it's like to see it all the time. Im not saying i hate someone for being like that, im just saying if anyone has seen this kind of attitude towards islam. I believe we should help and guide people as much as we can without being judgemental
its ok...
:sunny:

....this is what we should do....

if we give dawa the right way it may change ppls attitude...

i must say here in east london......a lot of young asians used to celebrate eid very unislamically......

four five yrs has gone by....and i must say last eid i saw a major improvement....

one thing i must admit....islam is growing very strong and braod amongst the young youth here in the UK....to be specific London (thats wer ive seen it)....inshallah it will be strong as ever everywhere else ...

but yes we all need to support each other....i'll wait for others to suggest ways

Pk_#2
09-08-2007, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Right. Waste of time this threas co'z Allaah is the one who can judge them.

Lets not interfer and leave it to Allaah
Agree, :hmm: :mmokay:

S_87
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
:sl:

Eid is a day for celebration so although one is sad ramadhan has gone there is nothing wrong with being happy about eid?
yes people take eid day as the day to get back to the things they were doing before ramadhan but in principle theres nothing wrong with being 'dressed up' and 'celebrating' so long as it is in a lawful manner
may Allah guide us all

Ummu Sufyaan
09-08-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah, i agree with the above. however, i think what the sister is saying is that she gets annoyed how people who arent very practising just turn up for eid. we have a simialr problem. some people (brothers) they don't turn up for jumuah, but they turn up for eid. the reason i know this, is becasue our imam even made a khutbah about it on eid.

Re.TiReD
09-08-2007, 02:34 PM
:salamext:

I know exactly what the sister is talking about, it is like the brother from Ummah Films calls them...'seasonal Muslims', he also says that you will never see more people at any salah then Eid salah. Its a sad fact of life, people are too intent on 'Livin' it up' than to take their religion seriously. But as one sister said...we should leave it to Allah as guidance is from him alone.

paradise88
09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

Eid is a day for celebration so although one is sad ramadhan has gone there is nothing wrong with being happy about eid?
yes people take eid day as the day to get back to the things they were doing before ramadhan but in principle theres nothing wrong with being 'dressed up' and 'celebrating' so long as it is in a lawful manner
may Allah guide us all

huh?.. i dress up and celebrate but thats not what im saying, im saying they do not fullfill their religion e.g. pray or fast but on eid they go and celebrate by drinking and getting 'high'. I know some of you that wrote comments know what im talking about..

paradise88
09-08-2007, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
yeah, i agree with the above. however, i think what the sister is saying is that she gets annoyed how people who arent very practising just turn up for eid. we have a simialr problem. some people (brothers) they turn up for jumuah, but they turn up for eid. the reason i know this, is becasue our imam even made a khutbah about it on eid.
Thanks sis you know what i mean. If i was to be judging i would not be on this forum..

paradise88
09-08-2007, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext:

I know exactly what the sister is talking about, it is like the brother from Ummah Films calls them...'seasonal Muslims', he also says that you will never see more people at any salah then Eid salah. Its a sad fact of life, people are too intent on 'Livin' it up' than to take their religion seriously. But as one sister said...we should leave it to Allah as guidance is from him alone.
Many thanks again for understanding me.. I apologise if i sound wrong but were not talking face to face are we guys? So we have to try our best to explain through these messages (posts) :D

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Im not having a go at the sis or anything so relax people.

Why not do dua'ah then? coz were not going to get far with online talks...

Best thing is dua'ah and then leave it b/w Allaah and the person. Remember everyone will be questioned upon there actions they won't get away with it.
Okay im saying this because im not the ebst person on earth and do and done alot of sins in past and now. I wana leave that b/w me and my creator. So ma point is asking dua'ah from others to do for you and Ummah is a good idea than rather say 'weird'

BTW. Non-Muslims suppose to be practising?? Erm when i wasn't a muslim i wasn't pracsting AND i had muslims bluds then who use to call me on there celebration..

Anywho. Allaah hu alim

May Allaah forgive us for our stupidility. Amin :cry:

paradise88
09-08-2007, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Im not having a go at the sis or anything so relax people.

Why not do dua'ah then? coz were not going to get far with online talks...

Best thing is dua'ah and then leave it b/w Allaah and the person. Remember everyone will be questioned upon there actions they won't get away with it.
Okay im saying this because im not the ebst person on earth and do and done alot of sins in past and now. I wana leave that b/w me and my creator. So ma point is asking dua'ah from others to do for you and Ummah is a good idea than rather say 'weird'

BTW. Non-Muslims suppose to be practising?? Erm when i wasn't a muslim i wasn't pracsting AND i had muslims bluds then who use to call me on there celebration..

Anywho. Allaah hu alim

May Allaah forgive us for our stupidility. Amin :cry:
I do agree.. but im talking about muslims who dont practice.. think your misunderstanding cos of my choice of vocabulary. Im not really good at writing things.. I know that Allah swt will question them, I know Allah swt is the only one to judge and yes i do make du'ah. Im saying its not nice seeing it infront of your eyes. All i can do is explain and pray for them. I have made many mistakes and probably still am and im praying that i am forgiven, Im not judging anyone and hope it dont sound that way. P.S i know your not having a go sis :)

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I do agree.. but im talking about muslims who dont practice.. think your misunderstanding cos of my choice of vocabulary. Im not really good at writing things.. I know that Allah swt will question them, I know Allah swt is the only one to judge and yes i do make du'ah. Im saying its not nice seeing it infront of your eyes. All i can do is explain and pray for them. I have made many mistakes and probably still am and im praying that i am forgiven, Im not judging anyone and hope it dont sound that way. P.S i know your not having a go sis :)

I don't get it, Im not being rude or anything about your vocab im not all perfect im actually worse.

Well, ya i understand sis where ya coming from but as im a revert to Islam i don't hardly see people who just have fun on Eid and take the 30days for nothing. Maybe we may both see it wrong in our eyes. They might wana celebrate Eid as good as they want and stuff there self as during the 30days they maybe struggling. Allaah hu alim.

^ Im make sense :-[

Oh this might make sense, They fast for fun of it but there not religious *Erm some maybe religious but keep that b/w there lord and them self :-\ *
Or maybe this might make sense, When Eid comes they hire out cars and take eid too too far just say they step out of the red line and not think about the poor how they suffer from there eid. CORRECT?? :-[

Sis, some people take Eid too far because there either in there teens, or even younger, some maybe are just new beginers and first eid for eg: they may have reverted to Islam and first eid. I can remember my eid when i reverted to Islam woow it was hectic.

Btw praying and being non practising, lets not go on that road sis lets leave that out. Insha'Allaah.

Lets just erm keep this thread of why they do soo much on Eid. Okay??

B/c people are going to get muggled duggled :-[

Forgive me man im stressed :cry:

SirDemonic
09-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Eid for them is like a Friday and saturday night in clubs trust me,
Amount i seen drink and smoke away like crazy on eid, muslim girls love the attention on eid, guys look for girls on eid it's a vicious circle but we gotta show them that eid is not for chilling or drinking, it's about celebrating end of ramazan and chill out with fam and mates :D

Intisar
09-15-2007, 04:03 PM
:sl: Yeah wallahi I noticed that too, 2 days before Ramadan even ends they get ready and excited for all the new clothes they bought, what they're gonna do with their hair, and where they're gonna go and ''party'' with their friends (subhanallah). This Eid (insha'allah We'll all be alive to make it to it :D ) I'm not gonna waste it. Sister you also have to remember to give Dawah as well. :) :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.