/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Work Buddy

OnlyOne
09-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Assalamualaykum,

Alhumdulillah, at work I'm mostly known for having a "Muslim identity" having to pray, fast etc... So, a new guy got hired at my work and he's never heard of the beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that he's heard the name Muhammad before, but not a prophet figure with that name. How do I go about giving da'wah? It's easy to just sit there and say, "Since you don't know anything about him, let me tell you about him" but I don't want to make it look like it's something i'm trying to plug in. Are there any ideas on how I can smoothly bring up the conversation so I can explain this beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) to this work buddy of mine? He knows I have to pray, but doesn't ask me much about it. Usually that's how da'wah comes about at work, when I tell them I have to pray, and then they'll ask some questions. But, how do I bring up this conversation without making it look like i'm trying to plug my religion in or something.

JazakAllah for all of your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslim1
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Dear brother,
Be patient with him. It is more important to give a good example of yourself than talking to him.

Be fair with him and nice and be very good and ur behavior will attract him, and then he will be the one who starts talking. :happy:

Remember that Islam spread by treating with peoples through trade in different countries. :okay:

crayon
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Just like muslim1 said, the most important thing is to project a good self image and show him the manners that were taught to us by the prophet, peace be upon him.

I guess just try to bring islam and religion in general up in normal conversation, without, like you said, making it seem like you're forcing islam on him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.