/* */

PDA

View Full Version : jesus 25 times , Mary 34 times , Muhamed 4 times ....peace be upon them all

Makky
09-08-2007, 06:12 AM
:sl:
ONE of the facts of the Qur'an that leads some non-muslims to islam...that the name of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mentioned 4 times only which is the least number of times among the greatest 5 prophets Noah,Ibrahim,Moses,Jesus and muhammad
even the name mary is mentioned in the Qur'an 34 times
they say: if Muhammed is the Author of the Quran , then why didn't he mention his name more than the names of other prophets.

Muhammed:محمد 4times
Noah:نوح43times
Ibrahim:إبراهيم69times
Mosses:موسى136times
jesus:عيسى25times
the christ:المسيح11times
Mary:مريم 34times

peace be upon them All

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Cool, i didn't know that! :)

JazakAllah for sharing.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky

they say: if Muhammed is the Author of the Quran , then why didn't he mention his name more than the names of other prophets.
quite so !

jazakAllah for sharing

fromgenesis
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Makky
ONE of the facts of the Qur'an that leads some non-muslims to islam...that the name of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mentioned 4 times only which is the least number of times among the greatest 5 prophets Noah,Ibrahim,Moses,Jesus and muhammad
even the name mary is mentioned in the Qur'an 34 times

Muhammed:محمد 4times
Noah:نوح43times
Ibrahim:إبراهيم69times
Mosses:موسى136times
jesus:عيسى25times
the christ:المسيح11times
Mary:مريم 34times

peace be upon them All
I do suppose the fact that he wrote it should make a difference. One would normally not refer to yourself by name.

What leads people to Christ (whether Muslim or not) is an honest appreciation of their sinfulness before a pure and holy God, and the need for forgiveness.1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Some people do argue that there is no need for forgiveness other than asking for it. That woud explain the sacrifices of Abraham /Moses ?
Lev 4:26 And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him. ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fromgenesis
I do suppose the fact that he wrote it should make a difference. . ?
how did you arrive at this conclusion?

fromgenesis
09-10-2007, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
how did you arrive at this conclusion?
One normally finds it in documents that the author does not refer to himself too often unless it is an autobiography

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
One normally finds it in documents that the author does not refer to himself too often unless it is an autobiography
i mean why do you say Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam wrote the Quran and not Allah?

fromgenesis
09-10-2007, 02:51 PM
i mean why do you say Muhammad sallallahi alaihi wasallaam wrote the Quran and not Allah?
Did I? I know that Muhammad dictated to the "scribes" and claimed to be under the inspiration of God. No problem with that.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Did I? I know that Muhammad dictated to the "scribes" and claimed to be under the inspiration of God. No problem with that.
for a blind man you sure claim a lot. And where do you get this from?

fromgenesis
09-11-2007, 04:06 AM
for a blind man you sure claim a lot. And where do you get this from?
Blind, not dead:) Over time, here and there, but have not made a study.

Md Mashud
09-11-2007, 04:13 AM
ONE of the facts of the Qur'an that leads some non-muslims to islam...that the name of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is mentioned 4 times only
Do you have proof of this? It is somewhat unbelievable :O.

If someone saw the Quran as the work of Prophet :saw:, I don't see why they should think his name will be mentioned most - theres no ration to it? I would think if anything, only a Muslim would be shocked by this number :S?

However, the facts do say alot about the religious historical content in the Quran, being vast.

zarhad
09-11-2007, 04:16 AM
ibnabdulhakim brother even though this mans information is incorrect you should never refer to ones disability and asume it effects their intelligence. I dont know if your refuring to his actually physical blindness of not..either way.

and as for Fromgenesis your right most authors dont refure to themselves in the first person but in this case he was neither refured to in the 2nd or 3rd person. other then the times his names were actually mentioned.

zarhad
09-11-2007, 04:17 AM
yah mashud i thought the the prophet (pbuh) his name would be mentioned more, wow learned something new :)

north_malaysian
09-11-2007, 08:31 AM
I've read in jews for Allah website, stating the there are lots of time where the name Moses mentioned in the Koran because God want the Jews to realise that it's the final call for them to be guided to the true path.

:w:

ahsan28
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Lol, if someone is trying to establish some sort of superiority over the mentioning of prophets names in the quran, he should contact some Muslim to know the word " Kul" its meaning and for whom it has been used in the holy book :D

ahsan28
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I've read in jews for Allah website, stating the there are lots of time where the name Moses mentioned in the Koran because God want the Jews to realise that it's the final call for them to be guided to the true path.

:w:

Thats why scholars advise not to indulge in the discussions, which lead to establishing superiority even over the miracles. The Moses and Jesus (peace on them) might have been given more miracles, but those were in line with the intellectual level of the people of those times. You can't teach a six years old about wisdom. The miracles given to other prophets (peace on them) were specific to that community and specific to that era. The biggest miracle however remains the Holy Quran, which has come to stay till the end of times and its for the entire mankind.

Camomilla
09-11-2007, 09:52 AM
=)
good post

IbnAbdulHakim
09-11-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
ibnabdulhakim brother even though this mans information is incorrect you should never refer to ones disability and asume it effects their intelligence. I dont know if your refuring to his actually physical blindness of not..either way.
LOL ! No no u misunderstood me sister ;D

you see in another thread the user "fromgenesis" said he couldnt understand my post and used the metaphorical symbol of being a "blind man" who needs light.

lol get it? :D

sry again lol, this was funny ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.