/* */

PDA

View Full Version : brothers in the way!!

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
sallam

hey I know this is really random, but anyways I went to the Friday prayer yesterday since I have not been for a while(and just felt i needed to go) but there was like men standing outside the exit (which all the women have to walk past:muddlehea ) I feel so awkward!!! :grumbling, and then they don’t even lower their gaze, I can almost feel their eyes burning me. And it makes me feel like complete fitnah:hiding:.....u know its bad enough that the women's prayer area is smaller than my bathroom, but do they have to 'chill' right out side the exit :confused: I want to make a request to all the brothers 'please go else where after prayer, DONT CHILL AT THE EXIT and I know this don’t apply to every brother out there, and I’m sure the ones that do that don’t have bad intentions, they probably don’t even realise their doing it (I hope:rolleyes: ) istakhfurallah it kind of made me just wanna pray at home from now on.....as it is wajib for the brothers to go every friday.

oh n by the way do think that's one of the reasons why Muhammed (saw)said that its best for women to pray at home....hmmm
jazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

Sister, if the presence of the brothers makes you uneasy, pray at home Insha'Allah. You will always come across males, no matter how hard you try to avoid them, afterall...it's a masjid.

siFilam
09-08-2007, 02:07 PM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

format_quote Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
u know its bad enough that the women's prayer area is smaller than my bathroom, but do they have to 'chill' right out side the exit :confused: I want to make a request to all the brothers 'please go else where after prayer, DONT CHILL AT THE EXIT
I understand your frustration sister. Wow, I can’t believe the sister’s prayer side is smaller than your bathroom. I would say something to the Imam or get a male member from my family to say something to him. If they still don’t listen, maybe you can post a notice near the exit saying “GO HOME AND GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE SISTERS.” Something like that.

oh n by the way do think that's one of the reasons why Muhammed (saw)said that its best for women to pray at home....hmmm
jazakAllah khair
lol. I feel grateful to Allah that He didn’t make it Fard for women to pray in the Masjid 5x a day. The sisters with little children would have to drag their kids along, I don’t think I can put up with the annoying kids 5x every day.
Wasalam
-SI-

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
09-08-2007, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

I understand your frustration sister. Wow, I can’t believe the sister’s prayer side is smaller than your bathroom. I would say something to the Imam or get a male member from my family to say something to him. If they still don’t listen, maybe you can post a notice near the exit saying “GO HOME AND GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE SISTERS.” Something like that.

lol. I feel grateful to Allah that He didn’t make it Fard for women to pray in the Masjid 5x a day. The sisters with little children would have to drag their kids along, I don’t think I can put up with the annoying kids 5x every day.
Wasalam
-SI-
yeah inshallah i'll do that sis, jazacallah khair:thankyou: sallam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ourra-Tul-'Ain
09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BanGuLLy
No ones looking at you... you just think every1s lookin at u :S
Cover ur whole face if u dont wanna be seen..and dont wear tight clothes..
lol, and how would you know that brother....was you there^o)

and I am at the masjid...........why on earth would i be wearing tight cloths...oh and I don’t need to cover my whole face....how bout you lower your gaze:p

But your points are much appreciated:D :peace:

youngsister
09-08-2007, 09:28 PM
lol, and how would you know that brother....was you there^o)

and I am at the masjid...........why on earth would i be wearing tight cloths...oh and I don’t need to cover my whole face....how bout you lower your gaze:p

But your points are much appreciated:D :peace:
^^^I'm sure it was ;D^^^

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Omg

Sis... take it easy...

Just pray at home. If not wear veil and Juba

Anywho if there standing there then you look down, how would you know there looking at you when you look down??

don't look at them, look down

anywho do dua'ah for me plz :(

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:35 PM
^ true i agree with ya

If the sis looks down and walks her way in masjid with right intention and happily then no need to get angry with them dudes.

Look down sis and you won't know if there looking at u or not

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Btw in a masjid don't they have like one enterance and one exit??

if yes use other door.

OR poliety tell the brothers to shuffle alog from here as it's a masjid but say it polielty

siFilam
09-08-2007, 09:39 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
^ true i agree with ya

If the sis looks down and walks her way in masjid with right intention and happily then no need to get angry with them dudes.

Look down sis and you won't know if there looking at u or not
I agree that the sister should look down and lower her gaze. but the brothers standing near the sister's exit defeats the purpose of having the separate entrance/exit. the sisters should be given their space.

wasalam
-SI-

Pk_#2
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
As a sister i defo wouldnt enter a masjid on a friday, you defo be stared at, so many people go on a friday to the masjid, i duno if i shud sy Alahmdhulillah here...erm yeah alhamdhulillah, theres not much places to look at you know sumtyms you accidently look at a sister, it's not their fault am sure if they are going masjid, they most probably know about lowering their gaze!

If they dnt...Hmm..i duno..time to learn :p

Yeah it's annoying when men wait at the entrance but am sure men and women should have different entrance n exits,

most of the time one at the back and one at the front, where the back end is used by women, oops that sounded dodgy...nvm.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I dont understand how that embarrases u... if they wanna look.. let them... ur not comittin a sin.. they are... so............?
no matta wat, wen someone does a sin your watching you would feel partly responsible, this could be due to the slightest reason even if its "becoz i didnt forbid evil ie tell em to not do it", also if there is chance of fitnah all four madhabs unanimously agree that its best for the face to be covered.

Allahu a'lam, hayaa' all the way inshaAllah

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:42 PM

I agree that the sister should look down and lower her gaze. but the brothers standing near the sister's exit defeats the purpose of having the separate entrance/exit. the sisters should be given their space.

wasalam
-SI-
:sl:

What if the brothers waiting for the Moms/aunts/sisters etc etc ??

What if the bro's are young or something and look abit big??

They might have a reaon for parking there self there. :uhwhat

Well next time the woman who is main of the mosque can polietly explain to the bro's not to stand there, cuz if they don't the bro's might not know and carry on standing there. A warning is always good.

siFilam
09-08-2007, 09:47 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
As a sister i defo wouldnt enter a masjid on a friday, you defo be stared at, so many people go on a friday to the masjid, i duno if i shud sy Alahmdhulillah here...erm yeah alhamdhulillah, theres not much places to look at you know sumtyms you accidently look at a sister, it's not their fault am sure if they are going masjid, they most probably know about lowering their gaze!
this is problem that can be fixed by the imam. it shouldn't stop the sisters from going to the Masjid of fridays.

wasalam
-SI-

siFilam
09-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Well next time the woman who is main of the mosque can polietly explain to the bro's not to stand there, cuz if they don't the bro's might not know and carry on standing there. A warning is always good.
again, i think this is a simple problem that the imam can solve. the imam can tell the brothers not to block the sisters exit even if they are waiting for someone. they can always stand far so that the sisters are given their space.
wasalam
-SI-

youngsister
09-08-2007, 09:52 PM
post on my cus

Md Mashud
09-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Muhammed (saw)said that its best for women to pray at home
You may aswell pray at home :)... You avoid the problems and its also advised by our prophet :saw:, win win situation.

youngsister
09-08-2007, 09:53 PM

No sister, i dont think thats the case

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM

again, i think this is a simple problem that the imam can solve. the imam can tell the brothers not to block the sisters exit even if they are waiting for someone. they can always stand far so that the sisters are given their space.
wasalam
-SI-

Erm i did say the main person of mosque can tell the bro's polietly.

Pk_#2
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
You may aswell pray at home :)... You avoid the problems and its also advised by our prophet :saw:, win win situation.
Inay mate, :shade:

:muddlehea sorry sis, i hope my post didn't offend you! or sis Si, i was just saying inay..

siFilam
09-08-2007, 10:00 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
do you know what i mean:-[

Alhamdullilah I do lower my gaze.........but the point is about the brothers chilling at the exit, I know am not the one committing the sin but Wallahi lets just say some brothers make me feel awkward....Y SHOULD THAT BE! anyways please don’t twist my point. Like I said I’ll take the sisters advice, and just write a notice for the brothers not to hang around the exit after prayer. We as women have rights too ya know.
sallam:peace:

i think you addressed the wrong person. everybody else were asking how did the sister know the brothers were looking at her and that she should lower her gaze.
i just agreed lowering the gaze is important in every circumstances. my point is that the brothers should be told to move from that area since it is designated for the sisters. if a sister was to go to the brothers' exit to wait for her dad, this is would cause huge uproar from the brothers. the brothers should be more considered.
btw, i was the one who recommended the sisters to hang a notice for the brothers. I understand how you feel about the awkwardness. even in my Niqab i would feel the same as well.

wasalam
-SI-

S_87
09-08-2007, 10:13 PM

you should have given them a piece of your mind and told them to have some shame and lower their gazes.

Intisar
09-09-2007, 03:01 AM
:w: Since it's better for us sisters to pray at home, I'd suggest you do so yaa ukhtee so that you won't have to run into such an uncomfortable situation. Or if you're brave tell 'em..! :D :okay:

Science101
09-09-2007, 03:20 AM
I found this interesting:

http://www.islamfortoday.com/womeninmosques2.htm

siFilam
09-09-2007, 04:33 AM

I'm not really clear on this thing.. but I never knew we cant see a girls face... looking at body parts is a different thing... but the quran or hadith actually says we cant look at a girl's face? People look at each other all the time and just cuz someone looks at you for a second doesnt mean he likes u or hes attracted to you.. its natural.. you always look at everyone around you..
Our face is the center of our beauty. The face is what catches the attention first. If the face is attractive, then we are tempted to look twice.
Check these sites our about Niqab.

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...c2467d3ef35484
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng&QR=12525

Wasalam
-SI-

Re.TiReD
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
then they don’t even lower their gaze, I can almost feel their eyes burning me
:salamext: sometimes it may seem as though you are the focus of everybodies attention when the fact of the matter is that you are NOT, I know that through experience. If you keep your gaze down Insha'Allah you'll be fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.