/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here

tendera
09-08-2007, 04:49 PM
and to be honest, I'm not sure why I am here. I was doing a search on Google for something and this forum came up in the search results and so I decided to check it out. I'm interested in the thoughts and the beliefs of the Islamic community. How they vary and their similarities to my own thoughts and beliefs. I hope that I'll have something to offer here just as my hope is to learn something new.

Thank you and I look forward to this experience.

Tendera

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Md Mashud
09-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi, welcome :).

I'm interested in the thoughts and the beliefs of the Islamic community. How they vary and their similarities to my own thoughts and beliefs
This is quite a broad topic, theres so much to say. Maybe you can try give certain issues or topics which you want to know the Islamic teachings upon, this would help us address questions better.

Enjoy your stay.

tendera
09-08-2007, 05:24 PM
See, that's just it, I'm not sure yet. I know that I have had some issues throughout my life (being raised Catholic but no longer practicing) about certain religions hiding information from the rest of the world, pertaining to the Bible. I don't even know if this is true. Not sure if information I've read and learned through the years is from true sources. But today I was reading the transcript of Bin Laden's video and it piqued my interest. His mention of Quran holding the true workings of God and that the Quran has not been altered.

I'm also an American who has issues with our government and I'm sick and tired of our government and media telling untruths. Not that I don't love my country, I do. I love being an American, I don't necessarily like America's behavior and certainly am disappointed with our government. I'm tired of my intelligence being insulted by the lies told by our leaders and our media sources.

I have my own beliefs about things that occurred on 9/11, even if just speculation, they differ from the opinions shared by many people I know.

I guess I just want to see what others think about the world and it's state or lack thereof. I don't want to just see it from the American Christian standpoint, does that make sense? I hope so. I don't know how else to explain it.

Thanks,
Tendera

tendera
09-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Just a note. I also have differing opinions and feelings about other things in the world, not just 9/11. That was just the beginning for me and why I mentioned only that. Before 9/11, I was ignorant to everything. I didn't much pay attention to politics or current events and surely I wasn't aware of all the controversy in the world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Hi!

Welcome to the forums :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay!

Any questions please just ask! :thumbs_up

:peace:

Kittygyal
09-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Welcome

Pk_#2
09-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Hiya sis,

welcome to the forum! :D

Neelam92
09-08-2007, 09:27 PM
hiya sis :)
welcome to this good forum
ask any questions u like
take care
neelam
:peace:

Allah is my Lord,
Islam is my Life,
Al-Quran is my Guide,
The Sunnah is my Practice,
Jihad is my Spirit,
Righteousness is my Character,
Paradise is my Goal!

Al_Imaan
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Aisha20
09-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Abdul-Raouf
09-09-2007, 01:36 AM

kwolney01
09-10-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm gald you found this wonderful site there is a lot of great information here. I hope you learn a lot. I wish you the best

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!