/* */

PDA

View Full Version : America

tendera
09-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't know how many of you are Americans and furthermore, I don't really know what my fellow Americans opinions are because out of fear, I don't discuss this much with my friends or family. I don't want to be judged because I love country but I have some doubts about my government and frankly, I'm afraid of where my government is taking me, or collectively, us.

I have a hard time believing that Bin Laden lead the attacks of 9/11 without there being some sort of US Govt. knowledge. It would not ever surprise me to find that George Bush knew of the imminent attacks and perhaps even choregraphed them. Although, I do not believe him to be smart enough to do it by himself. But it would make better sense to me, then to think that a group of people could pull something like that off and therefore showing that our security here is not what we thought or think it to be.

There are a lot of things that bother me. How George Bush stayed in office the first term without impeachment is beyond me...and certainly, his regaining a second term boggles my mind. I can not understand how other Americans, specifically Republicans, can support all these wrongs. I feel so sorry for our troops and I support them fully, but I don't agree with this war. Or should I say, more specifically, I don't agree with the reasons behind this particular war. I'm not against war, when there is suitable reason.

Our government lied to us about WMD's being in Iraq. Saddam Hussein can not be connected to the events of 9/11, not even on a small scale, yet we hunted him like a dog, found him in a hole...tried him and executed him. Bin Laden, IF he was solely responsible for 9/11, has been allowed to escape us, time and time again. AND maybe "escape" isn't the right word because I don't believe that we are even looking for him. He could be living in the US for all I know and again, I wouldn't be surprised.

Our economy is suffering, despite Bush's continued spew about our economy being strong. Sure, it's always strong for the rich and for the poor, for that matter...but not us middle class citizens. Hurricane Katrina devastated Lousiana and other gulf states and Bush has nerve to say, on national television, that "Brighter days are ahead".....WHAT??? When exactly are these brighter days going to come for people who still don't have homes...can't afford too build new homes and the FEMA trailers are going to be repossessed in the very near future.

I'm sorry, I got sidetracked, it happens...especially when I find myself extremely anger and afraid and not sure what to do in this America that I live in.

Peace to you all.
Tendera

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.