/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Two Russian Journalists Cooked an Egg with their Mobile Phones

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
How Two Russian Journalists Cooked an Egg with their Mobile Phones

Vladimir Lagovski and Andrei Moiseynko from Komsomolskaya Pravda Newspaper in Moscow decided to learn first-hand how harmful cell phones are. There is no magic in cooking with your cell phone. The secret is in the radio waves that the cell phone radiates.

The journalists created a simple microwave structure as shown in the picture. They called from one cell phone to the other and left both phones on talking mode. They placed a tape recorder next to phones to imitate sounds of speaking so the phones would stay on.

[IMG]

[/IMG]

After, 15 minutes: The egg became slightly warm.

25 minutes: The egg became very warm.

40 minutes: The egg became very hot.

65 minutes: The egg was cooked. (As you can see.)

Conclusion ..1: Cooking eggs with mobile phones is possible but very expensive ($4.55 or 123 Rubles)

Conclusion ..2: All this talk of danger is exaggerated; even if your brain gets cooked, it would take a couple hours of talking on a cell phone.

I might add, it takes approximately 2 minutes of speaking on a cellular phone for the radiation to cross the protective Blood Brain Barrier. So whenever there is a land line available use it in preference to your cell. If possible use the ear phones.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sevgi
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
How Two Russian Journalists Cooked an Egg with their Mobile Phones

Vladimir Lagovski and Andrei Moiseynko from Komsomolskaya Pravda Newspaper in Moscow decided to learn first-hand how harmful cell phones are. There is no magic in cooking with your cell phone. The secret is in the radio waves that the cell phone radiates.

The journalists created a simple microwave structure as shown in the picture. They called from one cell phone to the other and left both phones on talking mode. They placed a tape recorder next to phones to imitate sounds of speaking so the phones would stay on.

[/URL][/IMG]

After, 15 minutes: The egg became slightly warm.

25 minutes: The egg became very warm.

40 minutes: The egg became very hot.

65 minutes: The egg was cooked. (As you can see.)

Conclusion ..1: Cooking eggs with mobile phones is possible but very expensive ($4.55 or 123 Rubles)

Conclusion ..2: All this talk of danger is exaggerated; even if your brain gets cooked, it would take a couple hours of talking on a cell phone.

I might add, it takes approximately 2 minutes of speaking on a cellular phone for the radiation to cross the protective Blood Brain Barrier. So whenever there is a land line available use it in preference to your cell. If possible use the ear phones.

lol...did they eat it...

bt on a more serious note...i think that mobile phones are a wonderful peice of technology and shud be left alone...everything is a health hazard these days...even eatn fruit for gods sake...look at the increase in miscarriages due to all the hormones in our vegies...

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 03:00 PM
lool realy^^

sevgi
09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
lool realy^^
if this is directed to me...yes...i have no facts to source it tho...u can by all means reaserch...

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 03:17 PM
yeh jus dune research ur ryt! :| they put hormones inside the pesticides used 4 the vegies dat affect it!

http://www.lyghtforce.com/Homeopathy...e4/assilem.htm

sevgi
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
yeh jus dune research ur ryt! :| they put hormones inside the pesticides used 4 the vegies dat affect it!

http://www.lyghtforce.com/Homeopathy...e4/assilem.htm
loooolll,,,

i thought i was just throwing a hunch...cool...

i feel so smart rite now...

peace sis...thanks for ur efforts...

lol...im still laughing.:D

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
loooolll,,,

i thought i was just throwing a hunch...cool...

i feel so smart rite now...

peace sis...thanks for ur efforts...

lol...im still laughing.:D
lol no effort needed yahoo done d work lool

mz cleva clogz! tc xx

Md Mashud
09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Do you have source of this? AFAIK this wasn't possible, infact saw a similar test done with an egg surrounded by like 20-30 mobile phones - which just didn't seem to work.

H4RUN
09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Do you have source of this? AFAIK this wasn't possible, infact saw a similar test done with an egg surrounded by like 20-30 mobile phones - which just didn't seem to work.
Maybe d batteries were dead...

Aah wicked, just what the world needed, a mobile egg thingy:p

Ah if only the scientists stop playing around with dum things and look for proper cures:D The world, wil be...

..a better place:D
Cheerio
:w:

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
woh blud :D

erm wot else will the mobile doo now

calls, txts, photos, videos, internet and now food :D :p

H4RUN
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
woh blud :D

erm wot else will the mobile doo now

calls, txts, photos, videos, internet and now food :D :p
in the case of your phone, u can use it to knock people sensless, ur very own mobile brick

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
in the case of your phone, u can use it to knock people sensless, ur very own mobile brick
yesh my fone can b a weapon 2 HEHE :D

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
oh 4got 2 put d source ere goes..

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...ell_phones.htm

http://neverknwo.gnn.tv/blogs/16314/..._Mobile_Phones

http://www.googirama.com/mobile/news...-eggs-153.html

Md Mashud
09-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Those sources well.. Can't give credibility to them imo. They are somewhat joke/humour sites.. 65 minutes just doesn't seem long enough :S

I wouldn't believe this if I was you.

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2007, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
there alwys has to be one who goes off topic:p

harun, does your glow in the dark mobile, cook eggs:D

H4RUN
09-10-2007, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
there alwys has to be one who goes off topic:p

harun, does your glow in the dark mobile, cook eggs:D
You should know, i gave it to u when u were crying after it..

ps. 2 wrongs dont make a right:p

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Those sources well.. Can't give credibility to them imo. They are somewhat joke/humour sites.. 65 minutes just doesn't seem long enough :S

I wouldn't believe this if I was you.
hmm oh wel..

im sure every1 bez on d fone 4 long den 65minz n e way..i no i do makes my cheek n earz all red lool

Md Mashud
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Well if you held your hands against your ears for 65 minutes - Im sure your ears will be red :)

unknown_JJ
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Well if you held your hands against your ears for 65 minutes - Im sure your ears will be red :)
lol realy ..u tried dat ? aye

Abdul Fattah
09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Is there any source for this? Somehow I doubt this, I think it's an urban legend. I did my endwork in highschool on microwaves and how they cook food. I think waves from cellular phones simply have to large of an amplitude to cause thermal effects. Picture of EM spectrum. Microwaves heat food because the waves cause polar molecules to spin around. Several molecules packed together will cause friction and spinning in friction will cause heat. As for cell-phone waves, although there might be harmfull effects, I do doubt that the waves are short enough to cause molecules to spin.

Strzelecki
09-11-2007, 02:30 AM
That's pretty isnae if it's true.
But as said earlier; I think when weighing up the pros and the cons of having a mobile, the pros definitely win!

unknown_JJ
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Is there any source for this? Somehow I doubt this, I think it's an urban legend. I did my endwork in highschool on microwaves and how they cook food. I think waves from cellular phones simply have to large of an amplitude to cause thermal effects. Picture of EM spectrum. Microwaves heat food because the waves cause polar molecules to spin around. Several molecules packed together will cause friction and spinning in friction will cause heat. As for cell-phone waves, although there might be harmfull effects, I do doubt that the waves are short enough to cause molecules to spin.
cleva ppl!! :D yesh u guyz r ryt lool

it aint true :giggling: :giggling:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33000

Md Mashud
09-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I had my suspicions! :P

unknown_JJ
09-11-2007, 10:19 PM
lol ^ gdgd

Al_Imaan
09-11-2007, 10:39 PM
edit....

lol...i had no idea it were all a fake..:p...

Abdul Fattah
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Did you know it was a hoax when you posted it, and was trying to see how we'd react?
Anyway another problem with the story was that placing it inbetween is stupid. Cellphones don't have direct contact with each other (unless trough bleutooth or similar features) when they call one another even if they are next to one another the conversation goes back and forth over the mast and sattelites.

unknown_JJ
09-13-2007, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Fattah
Did you know it was a hoax when you posted it, and was trying to see how we'd react?
Anyway another problem with the story was that placing it inbetween is stupid. Cellphones don't have direct contact with each other (unless trough bleutooth or similar features) when they call one another even if they are next to one another the conversation goes back and forth over the mast and sattelites.
LOOL nah 2 b honest i didnt realy read d post properly lol or think..when i posted.. n den wen ppl start commentin, i read it properly n it clokd 2 me dat dis cant b tru lool so did research again lool

sowwi bout that pplz lool

tc
asalamu alaykum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.