/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help.. ive commited a sin

sw042089
09-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Salaams to you all, Ive come here in need of help and would greatly appreciate any advice

I grew up in a very bad neighborhood and made friends with the wrong people, this was a few years ago and i have now learnt much from my past.

Mashallah i now pray 5 times a day, i fast, i observe respectable clothing and do not speak to many people. I met my significant other and we have approached our relationship in a halal way.

He has a trust problem with me however, ive told him everything about my past people ive spoken to and so on... recently hes been questioning me like crazy and asked to confirm one of my past relationships.. i do like speaking about my past because its my past and ive overcome it and moved on.. i feel like ive changed so much that whatever happened in my past never even happened

Now my problem is we were speaking and i was asked about an old friend.. i denied having any relationship with this person when in truth there was something there

I did not say no wtih intention to lie...sometimes i overlook the importance of things .. what i need help is with this.. I feel very heavy and i have a ton of anxiety from many sources.. ive been seeking forgiveness from allah day and night to forgive me for this sin, i read a few posts on here saying that if you lie youve commited sin and you will forever be ****ed.. and it scared me... and then i reada nother and it said if u sin keep it to youself for allah has kept it to himself, if u ask for forgiveness its between you and allah and no one else...

truthfully i did not want to mention my history with hti sperson because its a sin that i know i commited and that i wanted to be shunned from my life..

what do i do? should i feel horrible and unforgiveable? its hard to go on wtih my day knowing this.. am i wrong for keeping this between me and allah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sw042089
and then i reada nother and it said if u sin keep it to youself for allah has kept it to himself, if u ask for forgiveness its between you and allah and no one else...
:sl:

That is correct bro/sis... you don't need to tell others about your sins.

but I will advice you to think about whether your significant other is very likely to find out about this relationship from another source? If so, then perhaps it is better to tell him yourself so he doesn't here the wrong version of events?

Dawud_uk
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

that is right, your past sins are between you and Allah and this brother should not ask you regarding them or indeed should you two be chatting so much if you have decided to marry already until then nikkah is completed.

assalaamu alaykum,
abu Abdullah

InToTheRain
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
:sl:

If you are going o talk about your past sin is a sin itself unless there is a Shariah-countenanced reason to mention it, such as seeking advice or guidance on how to get out of a problem one is in. Otherwise it would be wrong to talk (and sinful) about it.

Read this also as someone else asked a similiar question:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ve-i-lied.html

What is important is who you are now, Mash'Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Farhan1
09-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Dear Sister,
Aslamu Alaikum,
There is no need to say about your past sins to your (what ever you call him) other. Its between you and ALLAH. ALLAH is the one who covers you sin so you no need to tell it to others ask forgiveness from ALLAH (who is most merciful) and he will forgive you definitly there is a hadith even you make sin equal to mountains ALLAH will forgive you so ask with sincereity.
I want to tell you once more no need to tell your sins and moreover its happened before when you are in ignorance so dont worry about it and make your self pave way to anxiety disorders ask forgiveness to ALLAH carry on with your work be happy. ALLAH will bless you with all happiness in here and hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.