/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you hate someone?!

------
09-12-2007, 09:19 AM
:salamext:

Do you hate someone? Do you really hate someone? You haven't spoken to him for a while? You've been blaming him?

You're not the only one; the Muslim Ummah today is diseased with this to the extent that almost every Muslim knows another Muslim who he hates.

The Ummah is like a building with the Muslims as it's bricks, brotherhood is the cement. Without forgiveness you cannot have brotherhood.

OK then, he wronged you. He deceived you. He backbited you. He lied to you. But even in these extreme situations the Qur'an and the Hadith teach us that we have to forgive others (especially those who hurt us the most) if we wish to earn the forgiveness of Allah on the day of judgement. We have all committed many sins, made many mistakes and no doubt we have wronged others, we have deceived others, we have backbited others and no doubt we have lied to others.
So what makes us focus onto brothers' and sisters' errors while we remain unconscious of our own. Not to forgive is like to live in arrogance, and ignorance of our own shortcomings.

Forgiveness is linked with piety and God-consciousness, is there anybody who is not without sin? Is there anybody who can be arrogant enough to say that he does not need to forgive? Do we not know that Allah forgives those who forgive others? Therefore, we should realise the difficulties of others and forgive them. Allah says in the Qur'an:

"Be quick in the forgiveness from your Lord, and pardon (all) men - for Allah loves those who do good." [Surah ali Imran; 3:133-134]

And we know that Allah Himself is Ar-Rahmaan (the Most Compassionate) and Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful) and that His Mercy is infinite, and that no matter the sin (except shirk) Allah is always willing to answer the person's call for forgiveness. In fact Allah loves the tear drop that falls from the eye of one who sincerely seeks the forgiveness of his Lord.

And Allah loves us to have hearts that are ready to forgive.

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) once asked his companions;
"Do you know what will cause you to have high walled palaces in Paradise (as a symbol of great reward) and will cause you to be raised by God?" When they replied in the negative, he said,
"To be forgiving and to control yourself in the face of provocation, to give justice to the person who was unfair and unjust to you, to give to someone even though he did not give to you when you were in need and to keep connection with someone who may not have reciprocated your concern."

Similarly the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that the best of people are those who are slow to get angry and quick to forgive. On the other hand the worst of people are those, he said who get angry quickly but are slow to forgive.

The characteristic that makes a person most likely to forgive is the purity of his or her heart. Apologies must be accepted, the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that:

"Whoever apologises to his brother and that apology is not accepted, then the person who refuses to accept the apology bears the sin of one who takes the property of another unjustly.

And the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) also said that:

"The doors of the Garden are open on Monday and Thursday. Every Muslim slave who does not associate anything with Allah is forgiven except for the man who has enmity between him and his brother. It is said, 'Leave those two until they have made a reconciliation. Leave those two until they have made a reconciliation.'"

If we look at the example and the character of the Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) we can see that he was always forgiving and never showed enmity to anyone except those who waged war against him. There was an old lady who used to throw rubbish in his way every day, on one occasion she did not throw rubbish in the street, so he decided to go and see what was the matter. She was ill in bed, to her amazement, the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) came to see her and find out about her.

She accepted Islam.

This is the example of the man whom we claim to follow. Thumamah, as the chief of his tribe had killed many Muslims. On his travels, he was caught by the Muslim soldiers and was taken to the Prophet's masjid and tied to one of the pillars. The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) commanded his companions to untie him and give him the best food. The Messenger of God (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) was indeed a mercy for the worlds.

We should similarly be merciful with each other. First of all, we ourselves should not do anything to upset our brothers and sisters (because this is in itself a part of mercy) and then we should forgive those who have upset us or made us angry. We will never be a strong ummah if we are not able to forgive.

Some might say that to forgive is a sign of weakness and humiliation, and for them it is better to be strong and preserve their honor. But honor in the eyes of Allah lies in forgiveness.

"But indeed if any shows patience and forgives that would truly be an exercise of courageous will and resolution in the conduct of affairs."
[surah 42:43]

If we are to be really strong then we have to be strong against Shaytaan and forgive our brothers and sisters, and in this way maybe Allah will decide insha-Allah to forgive ourselves for our many mistakes.

" ...honour in the eyes of Allah lies in forgiveness....."

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Blessings and peace be with you Muj4h1d4;

The ability to forgive, is a power beyond our understanding in the way it brings peace in our hearts.

In the spirit of praying for peace

Eric

InToTheRain
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Jazak Allah Khair for the Reminder

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-12-2007, 10:16 AM
mashaAllah very good post :ooh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I hate everyone equally.

ahsan28
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I hate everyone equally.

:cry: I expected about zionists :cry:

Sarada
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
This is beautiful thread. Forgiveness is indeed on of the most important keys to developing a relationship with God. How can anyone reach God if s/he has hatred and anger in her/his heart?

Pk_#2
09-12-2007, 12:01 PM
Aww wow mashaAllah nice post sister, excellent actually heh,

jazakillahu khair for sharing,

May Allah forgive us and make us amongst those who are quick to forgive. Ameen (say Ameen)

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Al-Zaara
09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum.

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

MashaAllah, very very good thread, sister. JazakAllah khair!

09-12-2007, 12:42 PM
When u forgive someone its like you have just let go of a great burden and can relax
Excellent post mashaAllah!

al Amaanah
09-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Baarakallahu feeki, great post masha Allah!

------
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr for your comments :)

How us humans keep the hatred in our heart....when we could easily replace it with love and forgiveness....Subhaan Allaah.

Ummah
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
i dont hate any muslims... hates a strong word....

Intisar
09-13-2007, 10:12 PM
:sl: Baraka'allahu feek yaa ukhtee, this was truly needed..! Jazakallah khair. :)

NoName55
09-15-2007, 08:17 PM
edit

edit 2

original text by me Re: Post #9
I am neither a follower of Cicero nor do I crave divinity

Kittygyal
09-15-2007, 08:51 PM
salam.
Shukran sis :(

meriam
09-15-2007, 09:12 PM
jazzak Allah khayr mashallah very good article ...

Woodrow
09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
edit

edit 2

original text by me
At first I did not understand what you meant here. Then I remebered that the quote:

was originally by the Pagan Roman Philosopher Cicero.

As such, I can see how it would be offensive to some people, especially those who are familiar with history.

However, in spite of the origin of the words, the meaning is what is important. Looking at the meaning and the context in which it is written we should look at it as a reminder that "We humans commit errors, only Allah(swt) can truly forgive"

We must always remember, each of us will hurt and offend our Brothers and Sisters, and that they in turn will hurt us. All of us will err. The beauty is the understanding that Allah(swt) can forgive us. Inshallah

All of us need forgiveness, when others hurt us, instead of returning the hurt with hate, perhaps it would be best to make Du'a for Allah(swt) to grant them forgiveness and let us not become overtaken with hate.

Another thing I became aware of is how easy it is for any of us to say something with the best of intents and for others to see the same things from a different view. Let us all learn to understand the views of others.

SirZubair
09-15-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
:cry: I expected about zionists :cry:
As i said, i hate everyone equally.. Zionists dont get a special treatment.

Cheb
09-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Great post.

Hate is one of the main problems in Islam right now and it is sad to see that things are getting worse. We need to forgive but not to forget.

Inshallah things will change soon.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-16-2007, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
Great post.

Hate is one of the main problems in Islam right now and it is sad to see that things are getting worse. We need to forgive but not to forget.

Inshallah things will change soon.
assalaamu alaikum..masha'Allah very interesting. we need to forgive & forget Insha'Allah, then the hatred would really be wiped out from our heart.lets allow the wind of forgiveness to blow it away, Insha'Allah. “And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives, that would truly be from the things recommended by Allaah” wasalaamu alaikum

sevgi
09-16-2007, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
I hate everyone equally.
thats an idea...lol...

^..sTr!vEr..^
09-16-2007, 06:24 AM
that was an excellent article..jazakAllah!!

------
12-17-2007, 05:27 PM

*BUMP!!

mutlib
01-16-2008, 11:42 AM
subanAllah gr8 post

i hate them who hate Islam and i love them who love Islam
Allah Give And For Gives.........Man Gets And Forgets

ikaj
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
does this apply to forgiveness towards non-believers to? the post seemed to talk about forgiveness towards other muslims only

------
01-16-2008, 12:00 PM

I think its for everyone.

itsme
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
masha allah. very beautiful. touches the depth of the heart. may Allah reward you for sharing this with us sis.

Amat Allah
01-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Masha Allah

beautiful

amazing post my dear sister masha Allah

Jazak Allah The paradise

Ameeeeeeeeeeen

------
01-16-2008, 02:34 PM

Jazaak Allaah Khayr everyone, in need of ur duas :)

Ameen to all the duas.

format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Jazak Allah The paradise
I was confused about what this meant lol, then I figured it out that it meant 'May Allaah reward you with the Paradise'. Jazaak Allaah Khayr, Ameen, and same to you :D

------
02-28-2008, 01:56 PM

* B U M P *

muslima1
02-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Jazakillah for sharing! Allah Almighty forgive the heaps of sins we do everyday so we should try to forgive others aswell.

Al-Zaara
03-29-2008, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
edit

edit 2

original text by me Re: Post #9
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
At first I did not understand what you meant here. Then I remebered that the quote:

As such, I can see how it would be offensive to some people, especially those who are familiar with history.

However, in spite of the origin of the words, the meaning is what is important. Looking at the meaning and the context in which it is written we should look at it as a reminder that
Oh, I never saw this. Hopefully I didn't offend brother NoName55, 'cause as brother Woodrow explained here "We humans commit errors, only Allah can truly forgive", that was what I meant with the quote!

I'm bumping this thread now, BUMP! :D

al Amaanah
03-29-2008, 04:10 PM
i do, geert wilders and hirsi ali.

------
03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
edit

Sarada
03-29-2008, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

However, in spite of the origin of the words, the meaning is what is important. Looking at the meaning and the context in which it is written we should look at it as a reminder that "We humans commit errors, only Allah(swt) can truly forgive".............

I hate no one. Those who have hurt me in the past, I have forgiven.

Having said that, and having been on this forum for so long, I am still surprised when I see posts that say they don't hate any Muslim.

Did God not create us all? Does God condone the hatred of non-Muslims?

I would really like on honest answer to my question.

Woodrow
03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarada

Having said that, and having been on this forum for so long, I am still surprised when I see posts that say they don't hate any Muslim.

Just on a personal note and my own searching. I can not find any thing in the Qur'an that says we are to hate any non-Muslim, simply because they are non-Muslim. On the contrary I find ayyats requiring us to live in peace with our non-Muslim neighbors and for us not to be the aggressors and to honor all treaties and contracts.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 10:43 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah! Excellent article Sister Ahlaam! I do hate people who hate Allah Ta'ala and I will love people who love Allah Ta'ala!

Amat Allah
03-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Asalamo Alikom

yes my dear sister God did create us all ...and Noooo God doesn`t condone the hatered of Non_Muslims

I am with my brother woodrow in every single word he has wrote..

Allah ordered us to respect the others and to deal with them justly and kindly with wisdom and moralism whether they were Muslims or not .....

Narrated Anas:

our prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his brother what he likes for himself."

and we are brothers and sistes in humanity...you did not do any wrong to me why would I hate you my dear? ...

and if you hurt me I will forgive you, cause Allah raised us with mercy and forgiveness my dear sister..Alhamdo lellah

but alot of Muslims forgot how to be muslims.....alas!

peace

Sarada
04-02-2008, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah! Excellent article Sister Ahlaam! I do hate people who hate Allah Ta'ala and I will love people who love Allah Ta'ala!
Salaam Righteous Lady,

Do you think that non-Muslims hate Allah? Hate is a very strong word. I would venture to say that most people, especially those who are educated in the Abrahamic religions, realize that there is only one God. He is the same God of the Christians, Jews, Muslims, and all other religions worshipped with different names.

Further, I don't believe that agnostics or atheists hate Allah. They just don't believe in Him.

So, who can you really hate? The answer is NO ONE!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
:sl:
realize that there is only one God. He is the same God of the Christians, Jews, Muslims, and all other religions worshipped with different names.
actually, thats not the case. :sunny: as far as islam and christianity go (Dont know much about the jewish beliefs, hence no comment) we both call god, 'allah.'(atleast the arab christians do). However the Chritsians say that He has a son, and that He is 3 in 1 /1 in 3, etc...hence it cannot be said that we worship the same god with a different name, otherwise we would be called the same thing, which were not, due to our differeing beleifs :sunny:

Eric H
04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Ramlah; the meaning of one God seems to create huge problems for all of us, me included.

Regardless as to what any of us might believe, the God who created you and gave you a faith through Islam, also created me and gave me a faith through Christianity. I have family and friends who are not of my faith; I pray and hope that they can all achieve salvation; even if they never embrace my faith.

The same God hears all our prayers, there is only one God. The same God created each and everyone of us, we are all related to each other as a part of God’s wonderful creation.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith friendship

Eric

Nájlá
04-02-2008, 06:25 PM
mashallah nice thread
and tnx sister ahlam for this thread

FatimaAsSideqah
04-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Salaam Righteous Lady,

Do you think that non-Muslims hate Allah? Hate is a very strong word. I would venture to say that most people, especially those who are educated in the Abrahamic religions, realize that there is only one God. He is the same God of the Christians, Jews, Muslims, and all other religions worshipped with different names.

Further, I don't believe that agnostics or atheists hate Allah. They just don't believe in Him.

So, who can you really hate? The answer is NO ONE!
I didn't say all of non-Muslims who do hate Allah and I mean some of them.

Muslims hate Kufr, or disbelief in Allah, the Almighty. Since we love all people, we hate their disobedience of Allah, the Most High. So, even when people deny the existence of Allah we do not hate them personally; however, we hate their disbelief and disobedience of Allah, Exalted be He. This case is very similar to that of a doctor and a patient. The doctor does not hate the patient or the sick person himself or herself, rather he or she hates the disease and tries every possible means to cure the disease and help the patient to recover. We Muslims hate disbelief and disobedience of Allah and we are striving and sparing no effort to do away with this disease and cure people’s sickness and help them become obedient servants of Allah (God).

Hopefully, you do understand what I meant.

Danah
04-02-2008, 07:09 PM
jazaki allah khair sis,
Subhan allah it is really difficult to forgive someone who did manythings wrong to you, but in the same time, and becuase its difficult you will get too much reward from Allah
if you forgive the others
Subhan allah

barney
04-02-2008, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
i dont hate any muslims... hates a strong word....
Sorry to be nitpicky. You dont hate any muslim you say?

If a Kaffir was to slaughter your family, burn your house and kidnap and torture your freinds, You would hate them. Fair nuff i say. I would too.

If a muslim was to slaughter your family, burn your house and kidnap and torture your freinds, you'd skip the hate bit because they beleived in allah?

:skeleton:

Snowflake
04-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Hate can be good. It's a form of self-defence. Depending on the extremity of being wronged, it helps to stay on guard. If you forgive and forget every person who wrongs you, you're putting yourself in the position to be wronged again. If you keep hating them then you stay away and thus protect yourself.

Don't get me wrong though. What I said is in extreme cases. Like when someone plots to destroy/use you, or the Ummah. Otherwise for smaller things (human weaknesses) forgiveness is recommended.

------
04-03-2008, 08:29 AM

. If you forgive and forget every person who wrongs you, you're putting yourself in the position to be wronged again. If you keep hating them then you stay away and thus protect yourself.
Thats my view as well.

Sarada
04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Hate can be good. It's a form of self-defence. Depending on the extremity of being wronged, it helps to stay on guard. If you forgive and forget every person who wrongs you, you're putting yourself in the position to be wronged again. If you keep hating them then you stay away and thus protect yourself.

Don't get me wrong though. What I said is in extreme cases. Like when someone plots to destroy/use you, or the Ummah. Otherwise for smaller things (human weaknesses) forgiveness is recommended.
Hate is NEVER good. It blinds people to reality. If someone has wronged you, and you can forgive them. That is much better. Forgiveness does not mean that you welcome that person into your home as you would a beloved family member. It just means that you let go of your own pain and let God deal with the person in His justice and mercy.

I was recently very badly betrayed be someone extremely close to me. The hurt last for months. But I forgave him. I also told him, however, that our relationship will never be as close as it was, because I could no longer trust him to protect my well being.

I don' t hate him. But I don't go to the same temple that he goes to any longer. If we were to meet in public, I would say hello.

I used to think that forgiveness means that your relationship must return to the way it was. But no, forgiveness m

glo
04-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Hate is NEVER good. It blinds people to reality. If someone has wronged you, and you can forgive them. That is much better. Forgiveness does not mean that you welcome that person into your home as you would a beloved family member. It just means that you let go of your own pain and let God deal with the person in His justice and mercy.
I agree.

When I was a child, my widowed mother remarried.
I didn't like my stepfather and grew to hate him. I spend years as a teenager hating him. That hate gave me a real energy and a real sense of purpose - a reason to get up in the morning and (try to) make his life hell!

It wasn't a good energy! It ate me up inside.
It took me years to get over this.
It has only really been in the last five years, since becoming a Christian, that I have finally come to accept my stepfather as he is, and to acknowledge that - though not being perfect by any means - he has good qualities, and he did his very best to raise me as his own daughter.
I had to forgive him for some things, but I have had to ask for his forgiveness for many more things!
It has lifted a great burden for me.

Peace

barney
04-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Bump for ummah

Hate leads to fear, fear to anger , anger to the dark side of the force , and that probably leads to galactic domination.

Regardless, Here's my take on hate.

I hate the Israeli soldier who with a smirk and a callous shrug throws a grenade into a house he knows has civilians in it.
I hate the British Soldier who clubs an iraqi teenage man around the head with his rifle butt for throwing a bottle of blazing petrol at his mates face.

I hate the planner of madrid, who set out to kill as many spanish as he could in the knowlage that , by killing spanish, they would surrender to his demands.
I hate the Screwed up, elderly, demented, drug addled insane fanatic that thinks smashing a plane full of innocents into a tower full of innocents is going to acheive some wild imbecillic medevial fantasy based on his delusions becoming loved by everyone.

And there ends my hate.

And i only hate when im fairly stoved up on cider. as i am at present.

glo
04-03-2008, 11:56 PM
What do you do with your hate, barney?

barney
04-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I put a big pressure sealed cap on it and try to understand it.
I use the web for that and spam endless forums in search of answers.

Given a different personality, i would wade through a high school with a minimi on fully auto.

Thankfully, a bit of rock music and and some trolling of forums, and im safe to society for another day.

By the way. All the above is tongue in cheek. :D

glo
04-04-2008, 12:13 AM
You make me laugh, barney! :D

It's time for me to go to bed, I'm afraid ...

Snowflake
04-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Sarada: Hate is NEVER good. It blinds people to reality. If someone has wronged you, and you can forgive them.
it's easy for others to tell someone that they should forgive someone.. but do they really know to what extent someone was wronged to make that suggestion? Personally, I would only tell someone to forgive someone depending on the wrong that has been done to them. Would I ever tell a rape victim to forgive her rapist? I'd tell her to blow his brains out instead. How many people would forgive a pedo for raping/abusing their child?
Does forgiveness suddenly seem far off?

I dont live my life wallowing in hate. I don't hate people for betraying me, talking behind my back or stuff like that in general. But it's true, I hate the man who killed my sister, I won't forgive him - what for? For putting a bullet into my sister's head? Nah, I have just put the hate aside, until I make him pay for it inshaAllah.

Sarada
04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
[/B]
it's easy for others to tell someone that they should forgive someone.. but do they really know to what extent someone was wronged to make that suggestion? Personally, I would only tell someone to forgive someone depending on the wrong that has been done to them. Would I ever tell a rape victim to forgive her rapist? I'd tell her to blow his brains out instead. How many people would forgive a pedo for raping/abusing their child?
Does forgiveness suddenly seem far off?

I dont live my life wallowing in hate. I don't hate people for betraying me, talking behind my back or stuff like that in general. But it's true, I hate the man who killed my sister, I won't forgive him - what for? For putting a bullet into my sister's head? Nah, I have just put the hate aside, until I make him pay for it inshaAllah.
Salaam Muslimah Sis,

I am truly sorry that this horrible man killed your sister. And, of course, it is natural to hate and be angry at this man who did this unthinkable brutal act. But will revenge bring your poor sister back to life?

However, should you not leave the punishment in God's hands? Surely God sees everything and meets out His rewards and punishments on th day of judgement.

Jesus(PBUH) said in the Sermon on the Mount:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

—Matthew 5:38-48

Snowflake
04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Salaam Muslimah Sis,

I am truly sorry that this horrible man killed your sister. And, of course, it is natural to hate and be angry at this man who did this unthinkable brutal act.

However, should you not leave the punishment in God's hands? Surely God sees everything and meets out His rewards and punishments on th day of judgement.
Salam Sarada,
What happens to that man on Judgment Day is Allah's will. Yet God has given me the right to avenge my sister's murder in this world. I probably could've overcome my need for revenge if the murder had been unintentional. But it was plotted and worse was done in front of her two young children. One of them who still remembers it - because he was in the back seat of the car and he remembers her blood spraying on his shoes. My father was in hospital dying with cancer and that man had no mercy? Forgivable? Never.

It's been 10 years since and forgiveness hasn't come to me. It never will and I don't want it to. I've forgiven enough people and let Allah deal with them. But this one, I will avenge inshaAllah. People need to be taught a lesson, so that others can learn from it.

Z-Blade
04-09-2008, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

And we know that Allah Himself is Ar-Rahmaan (the Most Compassionate) and Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful) and that His Mercy is infinite, and that no matter the sin (except shirk) Allah is always willing to answer the person's call for forgiveness. In fact Allah loves the tear drop that falls from the eye of one who sincerely seeks the forgiveness of his Lord.
:wasalamex:,

Good post - jazakallahu khayran ukhti, except that part isn't entirely correct. Allah is even Willing to Forgive shirk in this world as long as someone sincerely repents from it. But the only time Allah will never forgive it is in the Akhirah when the time is up and one hasn't repented from this most severe of sins. But Allah can forgive any other sin any time.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Z-Blade
04-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Salam Sarada,
What happens to that man on Judgment Day is Allah's will. Yet God has given me the right to avenge my sister's murder in this world. I probably could've overcome my need for revenge if the murder had been unintentional. But it was plotted and worse was done in front of her two young children. One of them who still remembers it - because he was in the back seat of the car and he remembers her blood spraying on his shoes. My father was in hospital dying with cancer and that man had no mercy? Forgivable? Never.

It's been 10 years since and forgiveness hasn't come to me. It never will and I don't want it to. I've forgiven enough people and let Allah deal with them. But this one, I will avenge inshaAllah. People need to be taught a lesson, so that others can learn from it.
:salamext:,

Yep definitely, in the Islamic Shariah a murderer would be put to death (and rightly so). But if he was to have feelings of remorse and repent, then Allah knows if He would have Mercy on him in the next life.

It's been 10 years and he still hasn't been put to justice?! Maybe Allah is saving it for the hereafter... which is far worse for him... Allahu A'lam.

Wassalam.

Snowflake
04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade
:salamext:,

Yep definitely, in the Islamic Shariah a murderer would be put to death (and rightly so). But if he was to have feelings of remorse and repent, then Allah knows if He would have Mercy on him in the next life. Wassalam.
yeh you're right.. & I swear by Allah that if this man showed any remorse, repented and begged our forgiveness, even I would find it in my heart to forgive him for the sake of Allah. But he is so arrogant, he even made a pass at me after the funeral sickooo!!!

Ummu Sufyaan
04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
:sl:
couldnt agree with you more...^i dount i could either

------
04-24-2008, 12:35 PM

I forgot all about this thread, I think I need to read the first post again. :mmokay:

------
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM

:bump:

:X

roohani.doctor
10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
aww at scents of jannah's story...i thought that stuff only happened in movies... *sad* its crazy wut people can do in this world and not FEEL anything....

Hate is a strong emotion and its the foundation for all wrong-doing..

Muslima Islam
10-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Yes I use to hate someone. My life was very hard for me at a certain point, everyone around me was lying to me and leading me into a never ending circle of lies. I hated two people in my life a lot because they betrayed me. I was hurt and confused, I couldn't believe that two Muslim people can do such wrong to another within the same Ummah. So I hated all of them and anyone who associated with them. But one day I had an epiphany and from that moment I realized that it is wrong for me to continue to hate someone or to have a grudge. So from that day on I decided to forgive them both and love them for the sake of Allah, its not easy but I take it one day at a time. They both apologized to me but it means nothing but I appreciate them having the guts to do so. I moved on with my life and hopefully one day they will realize the pain they inflicted on me.

suffiyan007
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
i hate someone...but is SecreT...:D:raging:

Musaafirah
10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

See, hates such a strong word. I remember in primary school someone said they hated another person and the teacher suddenly got really furious!
It was scary as we didn't know what caused her anger.
She sat us all down and then explained never to use the word again.
The reasoning she gave was that Hate was what Hitler felt towards the Jews, and look at what he did. So, since then I've tried not to use the word..
But still I partially agree with ya sis..If everyone forgave everyone then the world would be a good place..But the world isn't a good place and that scenario would never happen..
However, instead of hating people, wouldn't it be best that if you're wronged once, you just remain wary afterwards..not be too hasty in your friendliness, but not to be too suspicious either?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.