/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reiki Symbols in Islam

zarga123
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Assalam o alaikum dear forum members

I have question about Reiki , its healing method in which one has to visualise symbols and mantras for healings and help... i wanna know that in Islam Muslims are not allowed to ask for help other than Allah and not to call on sth. else other than Allah Himself... i wanna know that calling on symbols and chanting and visualising mantras in Reiki wud be allowed in Islam or not...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

why would you want to?

we have rukiyyah to heal or going to a doctor, why use a kaffir method when as such it could be dodgy as using something other than the prescribed methods of healing?

using such supposed forces to heal sounds very shirky and i would run a mile from it if i was you.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

snakelegs
09-13-2007, 12:55 AM
couldn't you do the same thing using islamic mantras - like zikr?

zarhad
09-13-2007, 12:58 AM
even if a diffrent religion had special ways to cure cancer, i wouldnt take it...doctor or islam is my option

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
09-13-2007, 01:02 AM
alaikum salaam
Reiki would be allowed in Islam or not...
no to magic,woodoo or gufism of any sort.

I simply go to or call a medic when I am under the weather.

prayer + a doctor combined have kept me going for a long time now. I do not recommend prayer alone as we are told to "tie our camel" first and then ask Allah ta'ala to keep it safe from harm.

Abdul Fattah
09-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Unless this theory is actually proven (like medecine is scientificly proven) I would think that it is shirk to believe that we have the power to heal other people simply by placing our hands on them! La huwla wala quwata illah billah. I have read some articles on it before. And it struck me as typical new age, borowing terms from science without actually understanding teh meaning of those words and then mixing that with ancient eastern philosophy.
Brother don't sell your religion for such low price

snakelegs
09-13-2007, 01:51 AM
you're probably right. there is no shortage of charlatans and the new age market is very gullible.

alcurad
09-13-2007, 03:48 AM
so true

NoName55
09-15-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...tml#post455671
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...rs-fakirs.html

Kitaab at-Tawheed Explained
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...tml#post187331
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...tml#post187336

MustafaMc
09-15-2007, 01:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarga123

I have question about Reiki , its healing method in which one has to visualise symbols and mantras for healings and help... i wanna know that in Islam Muslims are not allowed to ask for help other than Allah and not to call on sth. else other than Allah Himself... i wanna know that calling on symbols and chanting and visualising mantras in Reiki wud be allowed in Islam or not...
This reeks of shirk. Remember Surah Al-Fatiha - "iyaka na'abudu wa iyaka nasta'eem" - "You alone do we worship and You alone do ask for help".

Muezzin
09-16-2007, 04:47 PM
The alternative to alternative medicine is going to the doctor.

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
you're probably right. there is no shortage of charlatans and the new age market is very gullible.
But the nice man at the stall said these pretty crystals cure all ailments! :p

Rafeeq
09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
i would like to agree with the replies. Islam is complete and has got every thing for your concern.
Dont sall ur emaan for such a low price.

zarga
09-18-2007, 08:45 AM
what abt Sufi Reiki , it is said to be a sufistic healing energy...

poga
09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarga123

:sl: if youn need to visualize then visualize cubical Kaaba if you need to recite then recite name of ALLAH :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.