/* */

PDA

View Full Version : im facing problems...

AnonymousPoster
09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi and asalaamalakum my bro's and sisters...

Im facing a really difficult problem in my life. Well i've just start college and i thought to myself that i should start reading namaaz and become a better muslim, so i decided that i should start by lowering my gaze so that i can gain self control over my body and mind. But this is really hard for me because the college that i go to i mean the environment of the college is just so difficult the girls are basically walking around half undressed with their bf's, all my friends are chatting up girls even some of my muslim friends, i seriously get really depressed. I try my best to lower my gaze i seriously do but its just its eating at me in my mind i feel like killing myself sometimes, i cant explain what im feeling!! Everyones talking about doin this and that with girls in like casual normal conversations and when they turn to me and ask me something i just have to lie so that i can fitt in... and if i dont i probably wont have any friends in college at all because people would just think im weird as hell and like everyone in college is occupied with only that 1 thing.

im realling breaking down mentally.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Ahh man bro! imsad

You are accountable for what you do, forget them:

Allah Most High says in Surah al-Nur:

“Say to the believing men to lower their gaze and guard their modesty. That is purer for them, and Allah is aware of what they do. And say to the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their modesty.” (Qur’an, 24:30-31)

Imam Muslim narrates from Jarir ibn Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) who says: “I asked Allah’s Messenger about the sudden glance on a Non Mahram. He commanded me that I should turn away my eyes.

This is proberly hard to do in college, but remember:

Buraida reported that the Messenger of Allah said to Ali (Allah be pleased with him): “O Ali! Don’t allow your glance to follow a glance, because the first (glance) is forgiven and not the second.” (Narrated by Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud and Imam Ahmad)

Both men and women should dress properly and modestly, such that their nakedness (awra) is covered with loose clothing that does not define the shape of the limbs below. This, of course, includes women being in proper hijab, both avoiding tight-fitting clothing;

I wish people would start covering up, so that it is easier on the brothers !

Protected_Diamond
09-12-2007, 10:45 PM
:sl:

First of all bro/sis i seriously think you should change who you hang around with.

Alhamdulilah i go to college and it's EXACTLY how you describe it but i don't interact with the 'bad' people if you know what i mean. If you can't find no good or decent people in your college then enjoy your own company. Seriously most of the time i spend in college is by myself. Im not a loner or anything, i've got plenty of people i can hang aroud with but i personally prefer my own company than hanging around with the wrong kind of people. If your college has a prayer room vist the prayer room often and insha' Allah the good people will come to you. I've come accross loads of sisters this way so insha Allah don't get upset. Trust Allah s.w.a and don't let your mates put pressure on you. Be who you want to be and not who your mates want you to be.

It's a great time to change your personality and character coz it's ramazan Alhamdulilah and maybe you could give indirect/direct dawah to your mates as well.

Stay safe - make dua!

Md Mashud
09-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Make yourself less ashamed of being muslim - that will make you a stronger respectable person. Be outright in your deeds and say it out loud if they ask - don't lie or style it out - You should feel that they should be ashamed of their ways to you, not the other way around. When you pluck up the courage to realise that being open about your Islamic way is the correct way to operate - you will see that life flows much smoother, easier and without all those hurdles.

Keep it real, real Islam :skeleton:, Trying to blend in - is lying to yourself, deceiving others and just looking plain weird >D!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.