/* */

PDA

View Full Version : finding it hard to stop music in ramadan

AnonymousPoster
09-12-2007, 05:56 PM
salam i cant stop listening to music for ramadan any help please. it is mainly music i am listening because i am heartbroken. i listen to sad romantic bollywood songs. please help mee

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Protected_Diamond
09-12-2007, 10:48 PM
:sl:

Don't let the shataayn tempt you sis. The best thing to do is listen to a couple of recitations by various people and choose which voice you like and listen to that instead. If that's asking too much start off with nasheeds then move your way up. Place your radio or mp3 player in a place where you can't see it and that way insha Allah, with Allah s.w.a help you'll forget about it.

Occupy yourself with other things insha Allah.

AnonymousPoster
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
but i have to listen to it. it has become a habit :cry:

MTAFFI
09-13-2007, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
but i have to listen to it. it has become a habit :cry:
if you like exercise, I found it to be an excellent way to remove music from my daily routine. It is kind of strange because I used to have to have it to run in the evening. The thing is I think that when you are outdoors doing some physical activity, if you focus on that activity and everything around you, you will find much more comfort in that than music, at least I did. Try focusing on the things that make you happy or how wonderful and amazing even the smallest things are like the sound of the wind or birds or crickets. It is all amazing when you really think about it and to me it kind of takes away the need or desire to hear anything else. Good luck :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Listen to the quran instead inshaAllah :) try to find a reciter that you really like and every time u feel like lisening to music, listen to the quran..

also if you looked at the translation whilst listening it would really help.. especially if it's an emotional recitation... :)

Soulja Girl
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
:sl:

Yeh, I found it hard to stop aswell...But, just think, what if I was to die whilst listening to Music? Inshallah, with this thought in mind, you'll stop...Ameen! :) Also, listen to Anasheed & Quran recitations, it'll take your mind off Music...

:w:

islamirama
09-13-2007, 04:47 PM
This is a true story from Middle East.

There was a car accident with some youths in them. Two officers were around who saw it and ran to help them out. One youth was dieing and one of the Police officer kept telling the youth to say "la illaha illalah" but the youth was only repeating the song he was listening to over and over again till death took him.

What you desire the most in this duniya, that will be on your tongue/mind at time of your death. Prophet (saws) said one who says the sahahda (before death) will go straight to paradise. But here the officer was telling him and reminding him to say the sahhada but couldn't.

Think about this, how do you want to go from this duniya. Praising Allah or singing the latest tune you heard?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.