/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tarawehs today in U.K!

aadil77
09-12-2007, 06:34 PM
:sl:
Ramadan mubarak everyone! Taraweh prayers are starting today for me (depending on which mosque you follow) Inshallah we'll all make the most of this blessed month:smile: and roza tommorow!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NobleMuslimUK
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Ramadan Mubarak to all. My local mosque is doing taraveh tonight also and first roza tomorrow Inshallah.
May Allah give us the strength to make the most of this blessed month.

H4RUN
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
:sl:!

I am very surprised! From what i hear most of Luton is doing it together! SubhanaAllah! About time! Traweeh today inshaAllah, and the first fast tomorrow inshaAllah, technicaly tomorrow has already started:D

Ramadhan mubarak 2 all! Make the most of this month!:D

Aisha20
09-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Ramadhan Mubarak to u all :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
09-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Ramadan Kareem!

unknown_JJ
09-12-2007, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:sl:!

I am very surprised! From what i hear most of Luton is doing it together! SubhanaAllah! About time! Traweeh today inshaAllah, and the first fast tomorrow inshaAllah, technicaly tomorrow has already started:D

Ramadhan mubarak 2 all! Make the most of this month!:D

innit! im so happy 4 d 1st tym in a long time! all my m8z r doin it 2geva n hopfully wel celebrate eid 2geva lol inshallah

aadil77
09-13-2007, 07:52 PM
me too! inshallah lets wish that all of us in the U.k will celebrate Eid on the same day:thumbs_up

Kittygyal
09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
^ Insha'Allaah.

Hold on... people explain - why others do it different day??

Me never knew that :S

zaria
09-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Ramadan Kareem!

Taraweeh started Thursday night (lunar) first Fast day Thursday. Ahamduillah.

Yes may we all have Eid on the same day. Insha'allah

unknown_JJ
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
^ Insha'Allaah.

erm.. coz not every1 lukz at d moon ..n ppl hav problemz decidin on wot day 2 do it, diff mosques end up doin it on diff dayz.. and ppl follow der mosques...n since ppl go 2 diff mosque.,..u no :S

Kittygyal
09-13-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown_JJ
erm.. coz not every1 lukz at d moon ..n ppl hav problemz decidin on wot day 2 do it, diff mosques end up doin it on diff dayz.. and ppl follow der mosques...n since ppl go 2 diff mosque.,..u no :S
Salam.
Okay...Im going to read that again and try to understand it insha'Allaah.
Btw, i thought people follow Saud-Arabia
Ma'assalama

unknown_JJ
09-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Salam.
Okay...Im going to read that again and try to understand it insha'Allaah.
Btw, i thought people follow Saud-Arabia
Ma'assalama
not every1 followz saudi...last year saudi woz rong! wich made us rong 2 :(

Kittygyal
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
not every1 followz saudi...last year saudi woz rong! wich made us rong 2 :(
Salamualikum.
Can't comment on that - Allaah Hu Alim.

Anywho, make dua'ah everyone and make most of this blessed month insha'Allaah
Ma'assalama

islamirama
09-13-2007, 08:24 PM
^ Insha'Allaah.

basically you can follow two paths in this. you can go either by local sighting or by global. If you go by local sighting then you are looking of the moon in your own city. If you go by global then you go by anyone who first sees the moon.

Going by local sightings doesn't make sense these days. For example, ISNA and other US Islamic organizations are considered "local" and they decide for North america. Now you tell me how all of canada, US and down to mexico is considered local? how california to NY is considered local? Some people just want to feel in power and thats all.

We all should follow global sighting as its easy to communicate across the world. And the prophet (saws) said when you see the moon, then fast. It's the same moon, so why is everyone hunting for their own moon?

So how is it that everyone is fasting the same day this year? There was no sighting of the moon anywhere in the world, no one was able to see it. When you don't see the moon then you complete the month, thus sha'ban had 30days and next day (thursday) would be 1st of Ramadan.

anyways, people can go local or global for ramadan but they have to global (with saudi) for Eid Al-Adha. Even then many in the west try to look for their "own" moon. Adha is convected to the hajj. And hajj is in saudi. So everyone has to go with the hajjis and can't go having their own eids.

jannat
09-13-2007, 08:28 PM

Ramadan mubarak to all inshallah. our tarweeh prayers started yesterday.. today was our first fast :Alhumdill ... iam reali happy that our mosque did ramadhan at the same time as the other mosque(s) in manchester.

best wishes through out the month..

Kittygyal
09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
basically you can follow two paths in this. you can go either by local sighting or by global. If you go by local sighting then you are looking of the moon in your own city. If you go by global then you go by anyone who first sees the moon.

Going by local sightings doesn't make sense these days. For example, ISNA and other US Islamic organizations are considered "local" and they decide for North america. Now you tell me how all of canada, US and down to mexico is considered local? how california to NY is considered local? Some people just want to feel in power and thats all.

We all should follow global sighting as its easy to communicate across the world. And the prophet (saws) said when you see the moon, then fast. It's the same moon, so why is everyone hunting for their own moon?

So how is it that everyone is fasting the same day this year? There was no sighting of the moon anywhere in the world, no one was able to see it. When you don't see the moon then you complete the month, thus sha'ban had 30days and next day (thursday) would be 1st of Ramadan.

anyways, people can go local or global for ramadan but they have to global (with saudi) for Eid Al-Adha. Even then many in the west try to look for their "own" moon. Adha is convected to the hajj. And hajj is in saudi. So everyone has to go with the hajjis and can't go having their own eids.
Salamualikum
Okay = Shukran

Maarya
09-13-2007, 09:05 PM

wow! for once everyone in my town did taraweeh on the same day and it seems as if most of UK did it on the same day aswell...can't remember the last time this happened!

Ramadan Mubarak everyone :)

SirZubair
09-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Just a reminder to all :

Taraweeh salaat consists of 20 rakkats, not 8.

Abdul-Raouf
09-14-2007, 07:19 AM

Last night(Thursday night - islamically Friday night) we prayed our first

taraweeh...

syilla
09-14-2007, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Just a reminder to all :

any daleel akhee...

rozeena
09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
yeh most ppl in birmingham carried out der 1st fast on thursday too. inshallah eid probli be on the same day.hopefully. that would be great! and ramadhan mubarak to evri1 please do dua 4 all your muslim sistas and brothers to be saved from the punishment in the grave.:)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2007, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Just a reminder to all :

i rememba three years ago in my good ol masjid everyone use to stay for all 20, now half the masjid is emptied after 8 rakaat :(

its sad bro, very sad :(

rozeena
09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i rememba three years ago in my good ol masjid everyone use to stay for all 20, now half the masjid is emptied after 8 rakaat :(

its sad bro, very sad :(

u can read 8 rakats 2 tho, cnt u? instead of 20?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
u can read 8 rakats 2 tho, cnt u? instead of 20?
yeah you can :)

but you see it saddens me that not many years ago all my brothers would fill the masjid till the end, and now they leave after less then half is done, whilst its their right to do so, i miss the way we would stick together till the end before :)

rozeena
09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
yeah you can :)

but you see it saddens me that not many years ago all my brothers would fill the masjid till the end, and now they leave after less then half is done, whilst its their right to do so, i miss the way we would stick together till the end before :)
i knw what u mean. it must feel sooo much nicer wen evri1 cums in 2geva n leaves togeda.

Helena
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
subanAllah the atmosphere during taraweeh in my local mosque...absolutely amazing...as one ummah we unite..beautiful....

I agree with br ibnabdulhakim...its saddening when people leave after 8 or 12 rakat...:( ....

Pk_#2
09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
innit! im so happy 4 d 1st tym in a long time! all my m8z r doin it 2geva n hopfully wel celebrate eid 2geva lol inshallah
yay LOL ;D :D

:hmm:

Muhammad
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM

This thread is not about the issue of reading 8 or 20. There is flexibility in this matter, so it should not be a cause of argument between the Muslims.

For more information about Taraweeh, see: http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...-taraweeh.html

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.