/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can women wear make up during fasting

rozeena
09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
salaam evri1 ramadhan mubarak. i just have a quick question. a freind of mine asked me why we cannot wea make up during ramadhan? and where is it stated? id be glad if you could help me out, as i havent gtany sources where this is stated.

thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

I found this Q&A which can hopefully answer your question Insha'Allaah:

Question:

What is the ruling on women using kohl and some cosmetics during the day in Ramadaan? Do these things break the fast or not?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Kohl does not break the fast of either women or men, according to the more correct opinion of the scholars, but using it at night is preferable for one who is fasting. The same applies to other things that are used to beautify the face such as soap, creams and so on, which has to do with the outer layer of the skin. That also includes henna, make-up and the like, but make-up should not be used if it will harm the face.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islamqa.com/ramadan/?q=eng/ref/22922

Ummah
09-13-2007, 12:53 PM
jazakhallah :)

Soulja Girl
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
:sl:

Can we use Vaseline for dry lips while fasting? :confused:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.