/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Diary

Woodrow
09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Sept. 13,2007 Austin Texas

we should be able to view the first crescent this evening and Ramadan will begin for us here in Austin. My grandchildren are looking forward with much anticipation. My grandson intends to fast partially during the School days and full fast on weekends. He is 8 years old. My grand daughter age 7 will fast on the weekends. The rest of us will do a full fast, health permitting.

Let us try to post a little something about what we each are doing as words of encouragement for each other and for us to share the Blessings of this Holy Month.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-13-2007, 07:33 PM
13 Sept 2007 - Birmingham

Just read Maghrib and had some food after openeing the fast. The month of ramadhan has begun and everybody seems really pleased, shops around my area are all really busy. Everybody except my youngest sister was fasting today. Going Tarawih in a bit.

Kittygyal
09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Sept - 13th, 2007 UK

Didn't keep a fast because of medical needs and conditon. That doesn't mean i stop praying and worshipping i still carry on doing my act of worship. It's all about intention and in my heart. In bed - using lap top just to come on here for abit then going to bounce back off for medication time.
Peeps nearby are rushing by and local area is very busy, Rushing to mosque,home,supermarkets.. Masha'Allaah

My Aalimah gone to Umrah at 10 'O clock (morning time in UK). She's stopping in three different places but currently in Libya.
No-one fast in me family as there Christains but insha'Allaah Allaah knows about me.

End off...

zaria
09-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Ramadan Mubarak!

Philadelphia--May Allah Ta'ala accept our fast and may we recieve our rewards from it. ameen. We are very excited that Ramadan is here. My daughter is 7 and I have her doing partial fast school days from Sahoor until Lunch time. They rest of the family are full fast. Alhamduillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
yigiter187
09-13-2007, 08:10 PM
sept 13, sivas-turkey

this ramadan is so meaningful for me because im with my family this ramadan after three years..it is so grateful to be in my hometown and with my familiy in a ramadan month after three yeras..thanks allah

Intisar
09-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Sept 13,

First day of Ramadan subhanallah it was a good day. It was my first time wearing an abaya, and I felt really good about myself. Also, I prayed Dhur at school instead of going home to do it as I always did usually and there are only a couple of minutes left until I break my fast. I just have to remember to say the Du'as on the sheet. Insha'allah my sister and I are going to pray Tarawiix this coming Friday and every weekend. :happy: I don't feel in the least bit hungry, in actuality I feel very high in imaan.

Shukri
09-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Well I have 4 hours tell I break my fast. My best friend Sami and I have been doing a a count down so now according to him it 4 hours 30 minutes and 126 seconds Til we break are fast. I love when its Ramadan the whole environment feels different, like in good kind of different.

Abdul-Raouf
09-14-2007, 06:12 AM
14th September , Friday

First day of Ramadhan

..here in Chennai city, Tamil Nadu state (Loc in Southern tip of India- above Sri Lanka).....

finished sahur 7hrs ago at 4.16am.... now its 11.40am....

Jumma Adhan Is at 12.30pm....and Bayan at 1.15pm...Kuthba at 1.40pm...

:)

Iftar at 6.19pm..

Woodrow
09-14-2007, 06:12 AM
September 14, 2007 Austin TX,

The only real concern I will have about fasting today will be water. May Allah(swt) give me the strength to last the day. Fortunately, I will be in a cozy Air conditioned Apartment and not out in the hot sun.

syilla
09-14-2007, 06:30 AM
14th September 2007 (Friday)

Heard they can still felt the earthquake. So sorry for the losts in Indonesia :(.

My mom came back from Kelantan and had variety of Kelantan dishes for sahr...Alhamdullillah. Last night we break up our fast only with kuih and plain water.

Sahr at 4.00am and finished clean up at 5.15am. Prepare for fajr prayer and read the quran abit. Then prepare my son before he goes to school and finish the work at 7.00am. Told my hubby i'm going to take a nap for a while and wake me up at 7.30 cause i want to do dhuha.

But i woke up at 7.45am and rushing to work...

Reached my office at 8.30am and continued with the HSE manual. As usual...sit all day infront of the laptop. Alhamdulillah there is LI to accompany me.

Alhamdulillah my boss let us off at 4.30pm. Looking forward to cook for today iftaar. And remind me to take some pics.

Wassallam

zarhad
09-14-2007, 06:58 AM
Friday Sept 14, 2007 (2:50am Toronto, Canada)

Yesterday was the first day of fast, it went well and i feel great, although i had strange dreams about axidently breaking my fast. I work afternoons and nights as does my husband due to or intense jobs which means we sleep a few hours in the day (10am-4:30pm) it shortens the fast, but its not intentional and allah knows best...

throught out the night trying to drink alot of tea (when im not too busy at work) and eat a bit so that the day and evenings are easier.

i was very ill the day before fast, mashallah i was well enough to fast the first day of ramadan.

Im wearing a scarf for first time in my life (except for when i prayed i wore it) Im thinking about making it permadent...I know that should be a given but I have to get use to it...im sorry to say that i enjoy wearing my hair out...but in the last 2 or 3 days im wearing im slowly changing my mind and feeli have a stronger imam, inshallah my prayers, fasts and good deeds will be counted by allah.

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone and there families may allah except their fast, prayers and good deeds as well as keep them happy

aslaam alaikum

Abdul-Raouf
09-14-2007, 07:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
Friday Sept 14, 2007 (2:50am Toronto, Canada)

throught out the night trying to drink alot of tea (when im not too busy at work) and eat a bit so that the day and evenings are easier.
Sister Do not drink tea/coffee at night... instead drink limejuices..or some other light juices... and dont eat at night... whether its night shift or day shift.. do not change the eating- cycle.... its not good for health...

north_malaysian
09-14-2007, 07:24 AM
14.09.2007, 3:23 PM

The first day I work in Ramadhan, as yesterday was a public holiday here. The office hour is changed from 9.00am to 5.00pm into 8.30am to 4.30pm.

My younger sister who is currently living on the island (Penang) will return home for Iftaar today.... She felt the tremors of the 12th Sept. earthquake in Sumatra and despite of tsunami alert she and other Muslims still attend the first Tarawih prayer ... I'm proud of her.:thumbs_up

Woodrow
09-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Sept 15, 2007 Austin, Texas

The Grand kids did quite well today. Umar the 8 year old is holding up. Sumayyah the 7 year old gave out and got into a bag of Potato chips.

My son-in-law will bring something home when he comes home from work in a few hours. we do have plenty of dates so the kids and I will break our fast with 3 dates each and then actually eat together when my Son-in-law gets home. My Daughter is still in Dallas.

جوري
09-15-2007, 10:46 PM
saturday sept 15 --6:40PM eastern standard time

My first two days of Ramadan have been uneventful except in my trying to sort out my own personal affairs.. which I can't seem to get a handle on -- will spare any details of those..
now, on the home front..
I have been trying to spend them in complete isolation.. as I feel I might lose my fast with any remote human interaction.. constantly things come up that rouse everyone.. for instance my dad inviting my bros. in law for iftar on Saturday(today) instead of Sunday(actual intended) when my brother and his wife are supposed to come for the complete family gathering.. so that my mom ends up cooking twice.. frankly.. I can't see why such honest mistakes should bring the down the house?
since neither of them wanted to do anything about it.. and my mother went on angrily cooking... I decided to call my sister privately to correct the invitation error before my mother got up to her elbows in chicken...
My dad later came in to ask me to apologize to my brother because they had to sort of put him off to coming tomorrow for the obvious reason that my mother would have cooked everything today.. Anyhow such little absurdities happen all the time and I get caught in the middle tempers flare and I am very igneous on my own accord..
part of the reason I made the request for world's affairs and comparative to be closed really is to spare any Muslim of like temperament to mine from being caught in vain discourse during the holy month, while still frequenting the forum and enjoying the LI family .. so I rather keep in my room trying to handle my own affairs... which I can't because they are too numerous to count and I end up doing something else all together instead of focusing on taking it one step at a time.
Seems like every time I open my room some Armageddon is breaking loose.. my mom asked me a while ago, to make omelettes ( which I don't know how to do) and she got upset... frankly I'd rather feast on cup o noodles than eat my own cooking... If I can call an omelette 'cooking' :lol: nevertheless .. I am not sure if it is hunger or lack of sleep that is making everyone so grouchy.. but I rather think the day turned out alright? ..
she didn't have to cook for any army least of which (twice).. I rather think everyone should be sporting a smile that things worked out?
I had lamb first day or Ramadan and the 2nd was left over.. from what I gather her requesting that I make omelettes today is that we are probably having left overs yet again?
under any circumstance I am not bothered... will probably be annoyed by the herds of kids tomorrow as I tend to like my quiet time... probably be something to test my resolve?.. the secret is to take it one minute at a time--so I am told...
:w:

siFilam
09-15-2007, 11:13 PM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

the days are longer in our area. we break our fast around 7:50pm and the Esha and Taraweeh starts around 9:15pm. we live thirty minutes away from the Masjid. its crazy after iftar because as soon as we finish eating and praying Maghrib, we have to get ready for Esha and Taraweeh. Every one in the family goes to the Masjid to pray Taraweeh. we do have another Masjid which is 5 minutes away from our house. But we like going to the other masjid (30 min from our house) because the Imam is really great, he tries to keep people in the Masjid. after Taraweeh he briefly gives us Tafseer lecture on the surah we read in Taraweeh that night. then we read Qiyamul Liyal (voluntary night prayers) after midnight. last ramadan we read 3 to 5 Juz a night in 4 Rakat. it was so hard but Alhamdullilah many people showed up to pray, little kids (age 8-10) as well. Make Du'a for us.

wasalam
-SI-

Shukri
09-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Day three for us in Utah and i feel great. Well I'm president of the Muslim Student Association at my school and next week for us what we call "Islamic awarness week at school" its quit fun atcually for next week of school well be giving out heenah tatoos and samboosa for lunch its fun we do this every year on the second week of Ramadan.

devout_muslimah
09-16-2007, 02:37 AM
September 15 - New York

Just broke fast a couple of hours ago and been doing homework since then. Not looking forward to going back to school on Monday. That place is evil and full of sins. And it makes me miss Zuhr and sometimes Asr prayers and I just hate that. The people there are just so anti-Islam, I swear. Even the so called Muslims. Makes me want to cry :cry:. I'd rather just stay at home, spend time with the family, reading the Quran and worshipping. I wish I was in a more Muslim place.

I love Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak to everyone. Hope everyone's is going well.

sevgi
09-16-2007, 03:07 AM
sunday sept 16th 12.54pm--Sydney:

salams...

Iftar is in a good six hours or so...

My younger brother, age eight, just forced me to make him a toast...he couldnt stand the wait.

the rest of us are all fasting, my father, who lives in brisbane, is working hard while fasting, he is also very sick...lets pray for him inshallah.

my older brother doesnt fast...let us pray for the strengthening of his Iman inshallah...

the rest of my family goes out for dinner every night, i am obliged to stay home and try and finish off essays...i simply chomp on watever i can find in the fridge..im not a lover of food.

it is hard at uni...especially mine..it is huge (staging over six suburbs) and i need to scoot from one side of the campus to the other sometimes...it is really hard..approaching summer--no water..long sleeves, hijab..not a friendly combination...but inshallah i am one of the luckier ones who can see the wisdom behind it all.

My interfaith club on campus is working franctically to try and finish organisations for this years 'Fast-a-thon'...inshallah we expect to attract a lot more non-muslims this year...pray for us.

may the peace of ramadan be upon all of u...

might i add that it would be gud to hear some non-muslim accounts of ramadan...have they experienced anything, seen anything?

w/s...

Intisar
09-16-2007, 04:28 AM
:sl: Saturday Sept 15,

Today was the hardest so far of fasting mostly because I was home all day and not really doing anything. It was so boring at home and it felt like time was going too slowly. I felt extremely exhausted and tired today because of school -- it was a crazy week subhanallah. But, I just have to get used to it. On the plus side, I managed to get some of my homework done..! May the rest of Ramadhan go on with ease insha'allah. Ameen. :)

Woodrow
09-16-2007, 05:54 PM
September 16, 2007 Austin, TX

Today is a busy day. My son-in-law is bringing some of his co-workers home with him to break fast with us this evening. My daughter is busy in the kitchen cooking up all kinds of good stuff. The kids are busy cleaning house. I'm here posting.

MHASALEK
09-16-2007, 07:07 PM
16th Sept 2007

Had Iftar with other muslim brothers in a jamaat mashallah. Prayed nearly all my prayers in Jamat too, & inshallah will pray Isha & Tarawih in Jamat too.

May Allah give us all the ability to make the most of this blessed month.

Jazakallah Khairun, Assalamu'alaykum.

kwolney01
09-16-2007, 08:15 PM
This is my second Ramadan and it feels so good to fast again. I have been reading a part of the Qu'ran each day and trying to keep myself busy throughout the day. I wish all of you the best. Ramadan Mubarak!!!

bewildred
09-16-2007, 08:58 PM
September 16th (4th day of Ramadhan):

This Ramadhan is definitely different from all others I had. My husband is doing his Omra and for the first time in ten years of marriage, we're apart. He's a very righteous and soft-hearted man. When others would react violently or excessively, he chose to be very patient with me. That was the right strategy indeed. I can be such a hard-headed woman. I'm rooting to his come back so that he sees the different woman I have become.

Bewildred

Medina83
09-16-2007, 08:59 PM
16th September - Dublin, Ireland

This is my first Ramadan and I am so happy fasting is a lot easier than i expected , elhamdulillah. Because i work full time its the tiredness that gets me more than anything since Tarawih prayers finish in the mesjid at around 11pm and it takes me an hour to get to and from the mesjid so home at midnight , then up at 4.15 for suhoor back to bed at 6 after fajr and reading Quran and up again at 8. My epilepsy which is triggered by tiredness has not made an appearance at all Elhamdulillah! I slept through suhoor and fajr last night:-[ i was just so tired and when i woke up this morning considered not fasting the day. Then i remembered all the poor starving children in this world who dont eat for days on end and I decided to stop babying myself . Sometimes i disgust myself :cry: . Well SubhanAllah i have had iftar (approx 7.45pm) today and yesterday at two other people's houses since I am a revert living with Christian friends its great to be around muslims in this month especially at Iftar. And although i can't understand arabic and Quranic passages the imam recites in Tarawih unless i know the surah, i am still feeling very peaceful and happy to be there and just to be standing in rows of people praying reminds me of the surah Saffat (Those ranged in Ranks)

"Was saffati saffan, Faz zajirati zajran, Fat tali yati dhikran, Inna ilahakum la Wahid, Rabbus samawati wal ardi wa ma baynahuma wa Rabbul mashariq"

" By those who range themselves in ranks, And so are strong in repelling evil, And thus proclaim the Message of Allah!, Verily verily your God is One!, Lord of the heavens and of the earth and all between them and Lord of every point at the rising of the sun!"

It brings a tear to my eye to see the rows of people like an army for Allah swt MashaAllah, may Allah swt forgive us all.

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
sunday 16th

Just spoke to some weird people who getting me angry - going to go sleep because ma head is spining round and round!!

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
16th Sep. 4th day in the blessed month of Ramadan.

was reciting Qur'an & completed few juz Alhamdulillah. taking time off & spending it here & just completed preparing dinner for ma fam.

Na7lah
09-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Sunday Sept. 16, 4rth of Ramadhan

I still have about 5 to 6 hours left
and i have a pile of homework i have been laying off
i'm takin a break from all my work

Ma'salamah

sevgi
09-17-2007, 02:02 AM
monday 17th sept...11.55, sydney:

well..i woke up a few hours ago...i dnt feel anything at the moment...i must sincerely say that the hardest part of fasting for me is the inability to use toothpaste while brushing teeth...argggg...i hate it..im one of those, brush ur teeth after eevery meal sor of person...anyways...

there are quite a few hours left for iftar...my mother is giving a large dinner at this place for like 100ppl tonite...i need to help out...its not gna be fun watching all that food get ready...

oh..and lets hope my lil bro hangs in today...

peace.

جوري
09-17-2007, 02:45 AM
sunday Sept. 16th 10:44PM

A crazy hectic day this was.. today we had guests (my extended family) and their children.. my niece and nephew were both fasting.. for a 7 and a 10 year old I commend them..though, they have driven me around the bend and there was positively no room to escape ..I thought about the plant pot to hide but I knew I couldn't fit in there.. Anyhow to give them some direction, I decided we should play clue.. in hopes it would get them to sit down and stop making noise.. but then my sis dropped off my two year old niece, so she could do some last minute shopping... so no board game, instead a zoo...

I got out my binoculars so we could take turns looking at boats... and that didn't go well either as each of them wanted to hog it...
The hours seemed to go rather slow and long today.. The weather was changing and I felt a little chill while reclining on the couch.. it was great.. knowing autumn is approaching ( I love cashmere wraps and could see myself sandwiched in one for a brief moment ) but I digress... eventually my sis and hubby showed up 4 minutes before break fast..I knew I was going to sit at the kiddie table.. I didn't mind.. we had salad and soup for starters which the kids loved and wanted seconds, but there were no seconds to be had.. I couldn't concentrate on food since the littlest niece was completely neglected in the process and I wanted her to have something in her tummy, All she had all day was a sippy cup of milk...we also had grape leaves... some squash in Béchamel sauce , green bean casserole.. chicken, steak and lamb... .. the soup and salad were really my favorite... my mom also made tart and this middle eastern desert called 'ata'yef' I have never been fond of it.. it is filled with nuts and fried.. I don't like fried anything, but it was a big hit with everyone else... my mom packed everything in zip lock bags to give our guests... my sister brought dates and cakes.. which is what I really wanted to have with my coffee but ended up having the home made tart instead... eventually the men left to make tarawee7 at the mosque... and I was just so glad this day came to an end.. we'll be having left overs for a week.. but I look forward to that along with some peace and quiet ...

Intisar
09-17-2007, 02:56 AM
:sl: Sunday September 16,

Today was a tiring and good fast, but it was very hard to get through. I woke up at around 11 am and then I went back to sleep unintentionally missing Dhur. :cry: I woke up and then immediately prayed and then I passed time on the internet. At around 5 o'clock my grandmother came over and we had iftaar with her -- but I had it in my father's room, there wasn't enough space for all of us. :okay: Anyway, as I was trying to pass time for iftaar I read Surat Yunus, Yusuf, and Had. Masha'allah they were eye-openers. A little afterwards I studied for a test I have the next day and now I'm still kind of hungry. My grandmother is leaving back for London. :cry: Insha'allah I will get to see her again.

devout_muslimah
09-17-2007, 03:59 AM
September 16, 2007

Just finished praying Esha and about to go to bed. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow - going back to school and wasting my time staring at the teachers surrounded by those people when I could be home reading the Quran and praying. School gets in the way. Heading to bed now - gonna wake up in like 4 hours for seheri. After that, gonna get ready for school. I can't wait till this week is over so that I can relax at home again. :hmm:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-17-2007, 04:07 AM
:sl:
17sept
fasting has been good, alhamdulilah. the only thing iam craving is a glass of water.:sl:

siFilam
09-17-2007, 06:36 AM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
:salamext:

Fasting is going great Alhamdulilah. The only problem is juggling my school work, Taraweeh and my sister’s home school courses. I’m struggling to keep up with my university classes at this moment. I have exams coming up. Seems like the day goes by so fast. I can’t finish my work.
I have problems with women who come to the masjid during Taraweeh with their little children. These sisters do not pray, they just sit the in the back and chit chat while their kids make so much noise inside and outside the Masjid. It’s so frustrating to pray and concentrate with these commotions. If someone says anything to them they say we are being racist. They have no respect for the Masjid and for the people praying. May Allah forgive all of us. We can’t complain to the imam because he already warned us that if he hears any problem from the sister’s side this year he is going to take drastic actions. Every year we have the same problem. Last year a woman decided to bring her cat in the Masjid. Please makje Du’a for us.

Wasalam
-SI-

Al-Zaara
09-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Selam aleykum,

17. September 2007, 9:48 a.m. Finland.

Been fasting the last couple of days, it went OK elhamdulillah. But school! I feel I can manage at school when I'm there, but when I return home I ain't able to do anything, no homework or projects nad I've got masses of them, which is bad.

I feel during Ramazan I'm nevr able to manage my time well... I have to time do do things, but can't for whatever reason I don't know. Ya Allah help me. :X

I'm preparing to go to school now inshaAllah.

Have lots of other trouble going on too... Is it all my fault? Maybe. Everyone else says it is. :skeleton: All I know is fasting makes me forget everything else... I only think about if I'm hungry and when's iftaar. :skeleton:

InshaAllah I'll soon get back on track.

Selam aleykum.

jannat
09-17-2007, 07:17 AM

Sept 17 08:18 UK
ramadan has been good so far.. at times very challenging. i hope inshallah our duas come true inshallah. today i m going to uni inshallah , hopefully it will be a productive day.. i understand about not studying / finding it difficult to study and manage time in ramadan.. last year i remember not reali focussing in lectures.. likely to fall asleep in them :laugh: .. hey am not recommending it!
i hope inshallah allah makes us all strong throughout this blessed month inshallah

north_malaysian
09-17-2007, 07:34 AM
17.09.2007 3:35 PM - Kulim, Malaysia

Just came back from Alor Star, nearly 100 km away to the north from Kulim. So tired, Alhamdulillah it's cloudy and not so hot.

It's was raining with scattered thunderstorms from Friday till Sunday all over the region, some areas were flooded.

Thanks to God that it's not raining today. If not, I might be stranded somewhere as the paddyfields along the highway are getting flooded sooner.

MaiCarInMtl
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Someone asked about non-muslim accounts of Ramadan. Well, here I am !

This year, I decided to observe the fasting done in Ramadan. I got to see what someone fasting does (last year) and so this year, I thought I would give it a try myself. I have many reasons for my decision (religious, spiritual, self-bettering, personal tests, etc etc etc).

This is day #5 and so far, so good! I generally don't feel hungry, maybe just a bit thirsty and I am beyond paranoid about my breath!

I'm actually fighting off a bit of a cold in the meantime (I've been feeling a bit sick since day one: sneezing, scratchy throat, but it never materialises into a full-blown cold).

My only complaints:
1- I usually eat alone. I don't like eating alone - food tastes better when you share it with someone.
2- As a non-muslim, I don't get to celebrate Eid at the end of this month. :-(

But so far, it's a great experience and it makes me more thankful for what I have and I talk to God more often than before.

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl

This year, I decided to observe the fasting done in Ramadan. I got to see what someone fasting does (last year) and so this year, I thought I would give it a try myself. I have many reasons for my decision (religious, spiritual, self-bettering, personal tests, etc etc etc).

This is day #5 and so far, so good! I generally don't feel hungry, maybe just a bit thirsty and I am beyond paranoid about my breath!

I'm actually fighting off a bit of a cold in the meantime (I've been feeling a bit sick since day one: sneezing, scratchy throat, but it never materialises into a full-blown cold).

My only complaints:
1- I usually eat alone. I don't like eating alone - food tastes better when you share it with someone.

But so far, it's a great experience and it makes me more thankful for what I have and I talk to God more often than before.
2- As a non-muslim, I don't get to celebrate Eid at the end of this month.
No my friend. You will be celebrating Eid with much more sincerity than some of us who call ourselves Muslim. Celebration of acknowledging the mercy and justice of Allah(swt) is not an act. It is an intent to recognize love of Allah(swt) and to be thankful for what He(swt) has given. You may not see yourself as partaking in the physical aspects of the Celebration, but your heart and intent will celebrate.

With that said, if you know any Muslim families, perhaps you can express your desire to share the joy of Eid-ul-Fit'r.

Another option, check with the Imam at any nearby Masjid. I am certain you will find yourself very welcome to come, observe and enjoy. No obligation and no strings attached.

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Sept. 17, 2007 Austin, TX

I do not know why. But this morning I woke up with an overwhelming feel of joy and awareness of the beauty of creation. I watched the Sunrise, and saw the beauty of the planet Venus lighting the sky long before sunrise. Venus was shining so bright and so much like a guiding light as to what the day will bring. Venus was visible for long after daylight. I could not resist taking a picture.

Tomorrow morning I will try to take a picture before daylight while it is at it's brightest just before the break of dawn.

bewildred
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Monday, September 17th

My day at school was quite pleasant. The older students were very nice and willing not to miss any word I say. The younger ones were pretty excited. I'm ready to keep my cool this year. I realised that nothing really deserves that I get stressed up. So I adopted the ZEN attitude.

I walk a lot to get to my job. I lost a lot of weight in the very first days of Ramadhan. I don't know if it's healthy. Getting back to my work-out routine sounds very utopical. All these long walks made me very thirsty. I still have four hours to go......

Bewildred

جوري
09-18-2007, 01:37 AM
sept. 17th

I woke up late for sihoor today had exactly 15 minutes.. like yesterday a couple of kitchen appliances mal-functioned ( thankfully this time nothing blew)... you can't apparently use a toaster and a coffee maker w/out having a power outtage... drank, ate and took two sets of pills all in one shot.. brushed my teeth, made fajr prayer than slept for sometime.. woke up wanting to make some serious phone calls.. none of the people I called fulfilled their civic duties, I am always left wondering.. if people hate their job so much, why did they apply for it (but I digress).. I was starting to get frustrated.. and was succumbing to this state of general lassitude ... just wanted to lay there and do absolutely nothing..

but my sister called... my two year old niece starts 'school' tomorrow... she wanted to get her new shoes and clothes.. we took the car as neither of us was up for walking or grabbing a cab.. although in hind sight we would have saved a fortune on a cab than that midtown parking garage.. was chilly today.. and I am feeling really under the weather...I don't know if I am mal adjusted to change in temp or I am coming down with something but was feeling not myself.. we went from store to store... something about clothes on racks gives me a feeling of claustrophobia.. there were so many people out like bees swarming... my mind always wonders of their purpose and where they are headed or coming from, but I didn't feel like allowing myself the opportunity to reflect or get too philosophical...

it was getting late, almost time for maghrib, so sis decided to get pizza, while I went to drug store for some sundries... she dropped me off and headed home.. saw my good friend Ann in the elevator.. it is always so nice to see her.. she is a professional cook and does some home catering.. I have known her since I was a little girl.. she always has something wonderful to say...

Anyhow, broke my fast on two slices of sis's pizza, some soda and prayed Maghrib.. watched the LBC.. the lebanese version of the BBC... which sucked (I hate all news) but the lebanese one is exceptionally pretentious.. they tune it down a bit for Ramadan thankfully.. no weather babes to lay it on thick.. I guess they finally figured ppl in NY don't care what the weather is like in ba3labak and don't need to see a mahdome in a micro mini to evoke the sensation of just how hot it is.. Again I digress so forgive me.. now I got for tarawi7 insha'Allah and with any luck call it a night... if you have read this so far I commend you and ask you keep me in your prayers especially these up coming three weeks pls..

zarhad
09-18-2007, 03:28 AM
Monday Sept 17, 2007 23:22hrs

the last few days of ramandan went very well, starting to get use to wearing hijab, only me and my mother in law wear it out of whole family but its been ok...my husband whos more westernized then me is starting to follow my footsteps a bit, hes starting to pray and have better habbits and ive never been more proud...i guess trying to pushing someone to do something is never good rather setting a good example.

Im really enjoying ramadan it reminds me of how good i have things in life compared to alot of people.

can't wait for eid :)

devout_muslimah
09-18-2007, 03:35 AM
September 17

My day was okay. Hated getting up for school but what can you do? Missed Zuhr because of it, and I didn't feel right after that...sort of guilty. It was the first prayer I missed since Ramadan started. It kind of depressed me. I was having pains in my leg after school, I don't know why. Iftar came along, and clumsy me drops a whole glass of water right into my lap, as soon as I start eating! Not one drop hit the floor, all into my lap. And I was sitting next to an open window and was cold enough as it is. I kept my cool, though. Didn't say a word, just squeezed it and kept eating, and changed before I prayed. Ehh, Inshallah tomorrow will be a better day. I sincerely hope everyone is having a wonderful Ramadan =].

north_malaysian
09-18-2007, 05:27 AM

My only complaints:
Find a group of Muslims and ask them to join your iftaar...

Lots of Non Muslims (Who dont fast) celebrate Eid by visiting Muslim homes on Eid.... FREE FOOD!!!

syilla
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Alhamdulillah.....i've finished preparing the iftaar early today. at 5.30pm. i suppose to read the quran now while waiting for iftaar :hiding:

Can't wait to go to masjid for taraweekh tonight.

Medina83
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
18 th September in Dublin

Sitting at my desk in work right now, I'm in an all-day meeting and this is the lunch break. My entire team is gone to eat lunch and I'm severly trying to keep my will to not eat. After getting home from tarawih last night it was after midnight, and i set my alarm for suhoor at 4.20 am but somehow slept through it I think. Anyway no suhoor again and late fajr also. Estaghfirullah. And now I am starvvving. Plus I have to go to hospital this evening over the time of Maghrib so I wont be at home for Iftar, I dont know when I am going to eat next it will be almost Isha time by the time I get home. And where will I pray Maghrib ?:exhausted I am totally exhausted now from getting 5 hours sleep only every night.

Tomorrow I have another all day meeting in a hotel with an Israeli company and i suppose they will want to buy the team lunch but it'll be 'no thanks' inshaAllah.

Elhamdulillah I am alive, have food waiting, have water on tap, all my senses working and only hunger and tiredness to complain of, so many in this world have worse than this as their LIFE. Scary thought indeed. Elhamdulillah. SubhanAllah.

Please say dua i stay strong, I just want to eaaattttt

Woodrow
09-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Sept. 18, 2007 Austin, TX

I just woke up a short while ago. It looks like it is going to be a bright Beautiful day. It is still about 45 minutes to sunrise. I had to go out on the Patio. Venus is still beautiful and looking like a guide for sunrise. I can find reminders of Allah(swt) in all things. this reminds me that while Venus can serve as a guide to morning, how many things in life serve us as guides if we follow them.

I jiggled the camera a little while I was taking the picture. But you can still see how bright and beautiful the morning will be.

ADDENDUM: I was asked how I knew that is Venus. I keep track of the monthly Sky Maps. This is an old habit related to my hobby of Amateur Astronomy. Venus is an amazing planet. At -4.3 magnitude the only night object every brighter than it is the Full Moon. it is even visible in daylight, if you know where to look as it tends to blend into the daylight background light. Here is a location for some excellent easy to follow sky maps. http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/m...ingnotes.shtml

sevgi
09-18-2007, 02:05 PM

My only complaints:

heyya,,,

i was the one who asked for non muslim opinions...

good to hear one...

lol...ur doing it full on..even the brushing of teeth.lol.
we try every year to a fastathon at uni and get nonmuslims to fast or at least abstain from one thing for just one day in ramadan...

we dnt get much luck...

abt eating alone...dnt u have any muslim friends? or nonmuslim friends who mite want to have dinner at the same time as u? if no, set out a spare plate and fork for any spiritual visitor...sounds sad, but when i was living in the city, i used to bring one out, just incase prophet muhammed wanted to visit...dnt know why he wud...but,...anyways...i dnt think ur alone...lots of people are eatn at the same time...just under differnt rooves.

about eid...who says u cant? grab on to a muslim friend and see how its done....! have fun...its a holliday for mankind!

peace.

jannat
09-18-2007, 05:15 PM
18 sept 6:14pm
today, alhamdulilah its goin okay.. i am abit hungry and thirsty.. i went to uni and was registering new people to the islamic society, inshallah we will have a lot of members and will be able to achieve what we set out to do ..i have been tired. i pray to allah to give me and us all good health and strength inshallah throughout the month.Ameen

okay. not long to go now .. :D

bewildred
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
September 18th, 18:32

Today, I had a toughie day. My sinus infection gave me some hard time. Headaches made me feel so miserable. At times, I was pretty irritable. Fortunately, istighfar and a few adya helped me.

Man, I'm thirsty. The computer screen looks like a huge glass of water,lol.

Saha f'tourkoum

Bewildred S.

zaria
09-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Sept 18 15:46

Alhamduillah, May Allah continue to keep up steadfast in our Fast and may he give us Strength to not break our fast before sunset. We are believers, and we know Allah does not make anything hard for us so when you feel like you are thirsty, open the Quran and read his beautiful words or just listen to some one recitation of the Quran. Or read something on the history of the Prophet(the Sealed Nectar) is a wondeful book of history.

May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you and me ameen.

Medina83
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
I thought this might serve as a good reminder to us all, whenever those hunger pangs kick in, that indeed Allah swt has blessed us as we know that once the time of Iftar is here, our hunger and thirst will be satisfied.

For huge amounts of the worlds population, there is no end time in sight

May Allah swt forgive us all

جوري
09-19-2007, 01:52 AM
La 7wla wla qiwta ila billah.. I can't believe injustice in this world.. thanks for posting this picture sis.. do we know anything about this child?

north_malaysian
09-19-2007, 02:22 AM
19.09.2007 - 10:24 AM - Kulim, Malaysia

It's the seventh day of Ramadhan...... Ramadhan does go so fast.

My mum prepared pita breads with beef patties inside for suhoor.... Alhamdulillah.

I've checked my weight and lost 5 kg.:giggling:

Nawal89
09-19-2007, 02:29 AM
Bahamas, Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Had a bad day at work today, got blamed for all sorts of mistakes I didnt do. :( . But alhamdulillah tht is over. My sis were trying to fry fritteres for iftar but the gas ran out lol..so each of us ate a little. It was a good thing my mom got the cooking done earlier alhamdulillah. But no one ate dinner :p

MaiCarInMtl
09-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Well, this is day 7 of my fasting. I'm still doing ok, but yesterday, and the day before, my cold decided to move on in! Gah! But I took meds after I broke my fast and tried to get a lot of sleep and I'm not doing too badly today.

Thank you to everyone for being encouraging and making some suggestions for eating alone. I have one muslim person (whoi is very close to me) who will try to come and eat with me once or twice a week (otherwise, he eats at home with his family). I have weekly dinners with my mother, but she doesn't know I am fasting (I will be telling her tomorrow when I see her), and I am getting together with one of my good friends on Friday, she knows I am fasting, and we'll have supper after we go shopping.

As for Eid, I received an invitation from the woman I buy henna from (but the invitation is for the next Eid). I will be getting some henna done for this Eid though (I usually do my own, but for once, I want to have some henna on my right hand! LOL). If worse comes to worse, I will try and organize something social with someone I know (or perhaps some MSA group at school is holding something).

MHASALEK
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
It's hard to believe how the days are passing. Today's the 6th Roza here in London... Alhamdulillah so far it has been ok, but I am looking forward to increase on the Ibadah... In this case, more indeed is better. May Allah give us all the ability and strength to make the most of this blessed month, and keep us all in good health to avoid any interruptions...
Jazakallah Khairun, Assalamu'alaykum.

Medina83
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM

well yesterday worked out fine elhamdulillah, i brought some dates with me and ate them on the bus on the way to the hospital, and when i left the hospital it was 9pm and Isha starts at around 9.30 so I prayed on the side of the road...well there was nothing else i could do :-[ I was a bit creeped out standing in pitch blackness trying to pray and it was dark and windy and lonely....

today had my all day meeting in work, it was fine at lunch time I sat with my team and the group of israelis we were meeting while they ate. There was one jewish girl she asked me if they should have ordered special food for me when i didnt take a sandwich,,I said 'no i'm not eating' and then she was like 'OOOhhh yes its Ramadan I'm sorry', she was really nice and telling me how the jews will fast 25 hours straight this saturday, its a big day for them.

I went to bed just for half hour before maghrib today but ended up oversleeping and now its too late to go to mesjid for Isha&tarawih, and also I hav eaten but i feel sick , i've got the shakes like the onset of a flu but i think its just tiredness.

Is it ok to not do Tarawih some nights in Ramadan? I dont want to miss it but I feel almost faint from tiredness...

p.s. about the pic of the child i posted, i don't know anything about the child, but it killed me when i saw it. imsad

I'm missing some muslim company, its times like this i wish i had a family to share the experience with, but Allahu ahlam, inshaAllah one day.

Woodrow
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Sept 19, 2007 Austin, Texas

Today was another Beautiful day. To me it is so beautiful to see Venus rise about an hour before the first light of dawn. It is like a guiding light to remind me that another day is starting and to prepare for Fajr. This is actually a rare event for Venus to be the Morning star for the Month of Ramadan. I don't know the exact frequency that can occur but a rough guess would be it can only happen about once every 12 years.

syilla
09-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Today i spoilt everything...

i woke up at 3.30am but i continue my sleeps....argghh...i should have just take my wudhu' or something. Then i woke up late for sahr at 5am, Alhamdulillah my aunt is here so she helps my mother and everything has been prepared and i just wake up and eat...lol. But i felt guilty even to eat.

After that, i was waiting for my turn to use the bathroom, next i realise i was sleeping.......arrrgghhhh woke up at 6.45am. i even missed my solat duha...totally a misreable morning.

Hopefully i can make up for this morning by reading quran every free minute i have....inshaAllah

جوري
09-20-2007, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
I thought this might serve as a good reminder to us all, whenever those hunger pangs kick in, that indeed Allah swt has blessed us as we know that once the time of Iftar is here, our hunger and thirst will be satisfied.

For huge amounts of the worlds population, there is no end time in sight

May Allah swt forgive us all

sister I tried to look for the article to do with this toddler on this site http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/te.../assets/hunger

but can't find him.. can you please link me to the article about him, or what has became of him?-- I can't stop thinking about him since last night-- imsad
thank you
Jazaki Allah khyran

north_malaysian
09-20-2007, 05:04 AM
20th September 2007, 1:03 PM - Kulim, Malaysia

I just finished my drafting works (which I started doing it at 8:30 AM), one of those drafting works, I drafted a Notice of Demand to a tour company for cheating 35 people on their Umra.

The company advertised that their Umra package includes Mecca, Medina and Jordan. But when these 35 people were there, the company refused to bring them to Medina with no reasonable excuses... Imagine going to the holy lands but being denied going to Medina (even you have paid for it).... and most of those tourists are 70 year old plus.... they might lost their only chance of visiting Medina.:offended:

It's cloudy here and the weather is not so hot... Alhamdulillah.

جوري
09-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Sept 20th

Still on left overs from the sunday break fast.. I had a miserable day today and just wasn't hungry when maghrib came but had to pretend hunger so my mom wouldn't ask me of my day.. was looking forward to the salat from Makka to console me since I find the sheikh's voice soothing and I needed it... but alas seems like I jinxed the poor fellow? he hasn't been on today or yesterday.. some novice sheikh was reciting in his stead and it just didn't have an impact on me... my parents hate it when I say that for some reason? like I am supposed to love every reciter..I thought just as well.. I'd hate to waste a Ramadan day.. maybe things will look better in the morning? insha'Allah

MaiCarInMtl
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Day 8 is going well for me. I slept in this morning though, but I still got up at 4:30 to have breakfast. I did not get up for breakfast yesterday, and I didn't notice much of a difference (but then again, I didn't do much travelling, just went to work, came home and later went back out to get my supper: a turkey sandwich - yummy!).

I made my henna appointment for the 11th (just before Eid), and the lady who does it invited me to join her family (her, her husband, and their 5 kids) for Iftar. I was very (pleasantly) surprised! I'll bring some lebanese baklawa as a hostess gift. :-) Can't show up empty handed!

Kittygyal
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Salamualikum

What date is it aday :?

Anywho.. haven't fast not even one fast but not my fault thoe :(.. Allaah knows my intensions

Hope everyone don't eat FATTY food *Sick*

Ma'assalama

jannat
09-20-2007, 08:41 PM

sept 20th 9:40pm

today , the fast was slightly difficult. i was helping register students on the islamic society.. alhamdullilah it went well.. but at times difficult.. esp when ur fasting .. the lack food and water affects energy levels and therefore to ask/talk to people to join can become a challenge. i reali hope ramadhan becomes easier inshallah.. its been a week, let me say its been challenging but in the end inshallah it will be worth it. hope ur all finding it easy inshallah:D

Yanal
09-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Sept13
Sorry posting late my dad DOES not allow me to fast even on the weekends and my mom doesn't etheir and i am 12! i told them everything i could by learing from br woodrow and even yassir( a ummah forum brother) but they still coudln't understand but i did fast on sept 13 but i broke it becuz i was hungry and my mom knew and she forced me to break it

sevgi
09-22-2007, 05:11 AM
peace to all...

september 22...14.57...

i want water....i want water...i want water...i want water...i want water...i want water....

anyone get the picture???:D

Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2007, 06:04 AM
loq...me tooo. i feel like a galss of water with icecubes, and a slice of lemon on the rim. if you get what i mean. dont know why. i dont even drink it like that usually. im also cravy a lemon flavoured icypole.

sevgi
09-22-2007, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
loq...me tooo. i feel like a galss of water with icecubes, and a slice of lemon on the rim. if you get what i mean. dont know why. i dont even drink it like that usually. im also cravy a lemon flavoured icypole.
lol....

do they even call em iycpoles anywhere else? i think only i know what ur talking abt...lol.

Medina83
09-24-2007, 12:12 AM
:w: :thankyou:

This thread is gone a bit quiet ..everyone still fasting i hope?!?!

well my days have been great elhamdulillah , all the worries and nervousness i had about Ramadan have dissolved into a peaceful tranquility elhamdulillah..the mesjid is packed everynight and the spirit of unity and prayer is amazing subhanAllah. Prayer is a gift i often take for granted estaghfirullah.

I wish tarawih was all year round i love being there for it. The only thing makes me sad is because i cant understand arabic, i wish i understood what the sheikh is reciting it would make it even better. Sometimes my mind wanders cos i cant understand and focus. hmmm the only thing to do is learn Quran more and more inshaAllah so inshaAllah i get reward for learning and reward for praying :statisfie elhamdulillah Allah subhana wa tala is Al Karim subhanAllah.

My fasting going very well elhamdulillah , no problems with hunger or thirst just the odd longing for something. Reading Quran in english mostly (i know is not the same) but when you want to read more and more then reading in arabic is quite slow progress and you have to read in both languages anyway.

Problems: my tongue...getting into conversations i shouldnt from time to time and there's a few others, but I hope for forgiveness inshaAllah theres no better time to ask than in Ramadan and i have lot of hope in the Rahma of Allah swt.

I hope all you guys' Ramadan is going as happily as mine :)

love you all fisabilillah
:D :D :D

Woodrow
09-24-2007, 01:18 AM
September 23, 2007 Austin Texas

I just noticed I did not post here yesterday. Yesterday was quite busy for me and I got a bit side tracked and forgot I had not posted.

Today was also quite busy. I got to Fix the meal to Break Fast. I'll post pitures of it on the food thread. Actually it was not all my cooking. The neighbors sent over some of it.

جوري
09-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Sept 23rd... 10:28PM

had an upper respiratory tract infection of unknown origin X three days, and last night was very difficult to get through, one nostril breathing and I was annoying myself with the noise I was making all night.. I took several Ricola Honey Berry throat drops to get through (highly recommended) although they do ware off the minute they are completely dissolved-- I wonder if they are made so intentionally so you are to be addicted? but anyhow ... I have not been waking up for sihoor.. and have not been very excited about break fast either...past few days felt like canicular days.. sheikh Mecca is still out which is truly a disappointment, I almost want to go ask his where abouts just to make sure he is alive and well insha'Allah...
I had such ambitions for this Ramadan... Alas like my dreams of world domination before the age of 25 they too were ceased before I could realize them...=(

devout_muslimah
09-24-2007, 03:19 AM
September 23

Well I just prayed Esha and am about to head to bed, as unfortuntely school is tomorrow. There are so many thoughts in my head, I can't concentrate on anything I'm doing. I have loads of work from school, plus I have to finish all my college stuff, and I didn't even begin my college essay, and I'm trying to read the Quran everyday. I missed one day because I was so tired after finishing my homework. I feel terrible. :cry: Inshallah Allah will help me.

I can't believe it's been a little more than a week of Ramadan already. It's going by too fast, and who knows if we'll be here for the next one. During iftar today, I felt especially grateful for all the food on the table. I felt truly blessed to be a Muslim and am happy that I was born into this beautiful religion. I am so grateful, it just fills my heart. I can't even put it into words. :)

Off to bed now.:peace:

believer
09-24-2007, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by devout_muslimah
September 15 - New York

Just broke fast a couple of hours ago and been doing homework since then. Not looking forward to going back to school on Monday. That place is evil and full of sins. And it makes me miss Zuhr and sometimes Asr prayers and I just hate that. The people there are just so anti-Islam, I swear. Even the so called Muslims. Makes me want to cry :cry:. I'd rather just stay at home, spend time with the family, reading the Quran and worshipping. I wish I was in a more Muslim place.

I love Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak to everyone. Hope everyone's is going well.
Salaamualaikum...

don't worry about that... part of being a Muslim is to be able to live harmoniously with society... we still have to be a part of the society but not be like the society. If you miss Dzhur and Asr against your will, Allah understands... and Allah knows best... you may do your Asr and Dzhur later on after Isha at home...NO problem!... If it is too dangerous for you to practice Islam outside your home... then it is only but wise to be not too obvious about it. It is permissible... you can also find it in the Qur'an.

Be steadfast with your faith and keep reading the Qur'an... and don't worry about missing prayer time if it's too dangerous. Allah has his reasons for you.

Ramadan Mubaraq!

Allah Hafiz!

devout_muslimah
09-24-2007, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by believer
Salaamualaikum...

don't worry about that... part of being a Muslim is to be able to live harmoniously with society... we still have to be a part of the society but not be like the society. If you miss Dzhur and Asr against your will, Allah understands... and Allah knows best... you may do your Asr and Dzhur later on after Isha at home...NO problem!... If it is too dangerous for you to practice Islam outside your home... then it is only but wise to be not too obvious about it. It is permissible... you can also find it in the Qur'an.

Be steadfast with your faith and keep reading the Qur'an... and don't worry about missing prayer time if it's too dangerous. Allah has his reasons for you.

Ramadan Mubaraq!

Allah Hafiz!
Thank you for informing me. I still feel a bit guilty, but I guess it can't be helped. Sometimes I just can't help but want to live in a more Muslim place, I don't know if anyone knows what I mean. Like last summer, I went to visit my parents home country in Bangladesh, and I just felt so right there. My cousins and aunts and I prayed together when we heard the call for prayer. Sometimes we'd would be sitting outside and when the call was heard, we just sit and silence and listen to it. It was so beautiful. Nothing like here in New York. Here, everyone does all they can to avoid prayer, well my friends at least. Everything goes so fast, and it's so stressful. Everyone is worried about the little things that don't really matter when we die. Allah is not going to ask us if we finished out homework on time or why didn't we get into the best college.

But you're right, I have to keep my faith and be strong. Allah knows whats best for me and Inshallah he will keep me on the straight path.

جوري
09-25-2007, 04:33 AM
sept 25th 12:20 Am

I suppose it is already tomorrow my time? but I am still full from iftar al7mdlilah..
I was awake all last night (wish it were for qyaam el-layel) but it wasn't for that--anyhow, I am convalescing wal7mdlilah... the upside of this flu is I really like my hoarse voice.. I usually sound like an 8 year old munchkin so this is adding a needed depth ;D
the hours rolled into each other today..breaking fast was nice, we had a nice meal al7mdlilah I posted it, under the food thread.. salmon, two sides of veggies, salad and baked potato.. the prayer was the same video as yesterday, but they really had a nice aerial and pedal view of mecca and I really felt like I was there.. there were people praying on the stairs and even the hand rails.. it looked really peaceful and serene.. my mom was feeling bad for the guards who weren't joining in prayer and I thought better than having snipers come in and kill people like the massacre in Hebron or even Mecca itself a few yrs ago.. anyhow the talk got political so I'll spare you all..
Hope you all are enjoying your Ramadan insha'Allah, and that it is filled with warmth, spiritual and religious fulfillment, and hope, May Allah guide you all and answer your prayers.. pls do keep me in yours

jannah1
09-25-2007, 04:50 AM

InshaAllah we're going to have iftar at the mosque tonite, Im making 5kgs of carrot dip and my daughter making 2 trays of orange poppy seeds cake:D After that taraweeh with khatm alquran at the mosque:D

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Sept 24, 2007 Austin Texas

I almost missed today it is going to be the 25th in a matter of minutes. Tonight was an all fruit night, I did not take any pictures but we filled up on Mangos, Papayas, Kiwi, Nectarines, Bananas, and of course Medjool Dates.

This was my son-in-laws idea. He fixed the meal. He stopped off at a fruit stand on his way home from work. tomorrow my daughter should do the fixing. She has been having a very hectic schedule.

north_malaysian
09-27-2007, 05:24 AM
27th September 2007, 1:23 PM, Kulim - Malaysia

I'm so happy that the office's admin decided to give Eid holidays from 12.10.2007 (Fri.) - 16.10.2007 (Tue.), if we would like to take extra further days for holiday, we can take our annual leave. And I have like 8 annual leave days left.... hmmm... maybe I should take anor 3 days off.... :D:D:D:D:D

And my boss said, all annual leave applications must be handed in before next week..... so... quick! quick! quick! (where did I put my annual leave application forms? :hiding::hiding::hiding:)

Woodrow
09-27-2007, 11:52 AM
September 27, 2007 Austin, TX

Last night at about midnight I went out on the patio. The sky was crystal clear and the biggest brightest full moon was shining like the noor seen in the face of a pious Muslim. Then a thought hit me. Ramadan is half over. Each night I had watched the waxing moon grow, corresponding to the first half of Ramadan, now it has reached it's peak, and for the next 14 days the moon will be reminding me that like the moon Ramadan is getting shorter.

Now is the time to reflect on my intentions I have/had.

Am I getting all I can from this time of Peace and thought and change?

Am I putting my full effort into Ramadan?

There is not much time left for me to reflect on Ramadan and what it truly means to me.

Muhammad
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
September 27 2007, 13:04

On the other side of the world, I, too, like Woodrow, have been watching the bright morning star shining wonderfully as I step out of the Masjid before dawn. At the beginning of Ramadhan, it was quite a new experience to have the warm summer sunlight keeping each day bright and bustling till its end, as the month has been coming in winter in earlier years. But now the autumn leaves are falling and a gripping cold has overtaken, reminding us of how it used to be.

Yesterday, I too noticed after Taraweeh prayers how the full moon shone magnificently, casting its curious light on the clouds around it. And the 15th chapter of the Qur'an was read. So half the month has passed us by and very quickly too, and now we must remind ourselves of the need to act before it's Eid, when we'll be remembering all those delightful Iftaars and Suhoors, and missing the recitation of Qur'an in Taraweeh.

MaiCarInMtl
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I am still fasting! Yes, day #15! I am quite proud of myself!

My mother now knows I am fasting and I had supper with her yesterday and again tonight. Thankfully supper time isn't too late (otherwise she would complain).

Some days are easier than others and if I miss breakfast at 4:30 in the monring, then I can get through the day, but it's that much harder.

My throat is feeling funny again (there's this cold I somewhat developed last week that is trying to make a 2nd appearance now). I wish I could just flush it out of my system but it doesn't seem to be happening. Grrr! I can't wait to be done with university because then I won't have to touch as many filthy surfaces all the time (I rather not try and guess what's touched the desks).

On the menu tonight: Trout and rice. I have no clue what else mom will be cooking. I made cabbage rolls for yesterday's dinner and desert was apple, strawberry-rhubarb and apricot turnovers from a nearby bakery - Sooo yummy!

Happy fasting!

Sheba
09-27-2007, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sept. 13,2007 Austin Texas

we should be able to view the first crescent this evening and Ramadan will begin for us here in Austin. My grandchildren are looking forward with much anticipation. My grandson intends to fast partially during the School days and full fast on weekends. He is 8 years old. My grand daughter age 7 will fast on the weekends. The rest of us will do a full fast, health permitting.

Let us try to post a little something about what we each are doing as words of encouragement for each other and for us to share the Blessings of this Holy Month.

That's wonderful, so young and so dedicated. God willing their fast will go well.

My husband has completed reading the Quran from cover to cover in 12 days and he's started again. I am reading a book on prophet Moses currently.

snakelegs
09-28-2007, 12:31 AM
September 27, 2007 Austin, TX

Last night at about midnight I went out on the patio. The sky was crystal clear and the biggest brightest full moon was shining like the noor seen in the face of a pious Muslim. Then a thought hit me. Ramadan is half over. Each night I had watched the waxing moon grow, corresponding to the first half of Ramadan, now it has reached it's peak, and for the next 14 days the moon will be reminding me that like the moon Ramadan is getting shorter.

Now is the time to reflect on my intentions I have/had.

Am I getting all I can from this time of Peace and thought and change?

Am I putting my full effort into Ramadan?

There is not much time left for me to reflect on Ramadan and what it truly means to me.
it seems that ramadan brings a heightened awareness - this is cool.
what isn't so cool is that you made me realize that it is half over. i decided to re-read the qur'an during ramadan and i am only 1/4 of the way!

Khayal
09-28-2007, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what isn't so cool is that you made me realize that it is half over. i decided to re-read the qur'an during ramadan and i am only 1/4 of the way!
WoW!! brother, Its seems you are going to be a muslim pretty soon, InshaAlah.. :P

Right...:?

Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2007, 03:58 AM
like brothers woodow and muhmmad, i too noticed the moon. except i was thinking, omg! its going to shrink again. and then in another part of my day i was thinking. wow!! two weeks have gone, and two weeks left. what have i done?? practically nothing. but them again, i was feeling a little under the weather for the past week or so, so maybe i have an excuse. so basically i have had hardly any energy to do anything, but alhamduliah, its just been in the last 24 hours where i feel alot more better and back to normal. so inshallah, i can make the use of my remaining days.

F.Y.
09-28-2007, 04:58 AM
28th September
Like bro's Woodrow and Muhammad, I watched the moon on the 15th night of Ramadhan too. I was actually outside, bringing in the clothes that had dried on the line. Seeing the moon full and round, made me realise there is not much time left till the end. The warm wind rustling, I trudged inside with the full basket...to find I still had to clean the kitchen and that horrible mountain of dishes. And on we go...

zarhad
09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Bismillah Rahman Raheem
Sept 28, 2007 01:15am Toronto canada

At work, my shifts have been changing from night to afternoon to day which has been making it really difficult to ajust. Im finding this ramadan a little more difficult then last espically with these digestion issues i have ( I blame all the chemicals in the food of the western world) at about 10 in the afternoon i already start to feel sick to my stomach, some days are better then others
otherwise all is well alhumdullah
this month always passes so quickly anyways it wouldnt feel right to complain..
this is the first year i ever realised but during this month the moon looks so much bigger and brighter much closer then normal...

جوري
09-28-2007, 05:43 AM
sept 28th 2007

I can't believe it is the 15th day of Ramadan-- sob7an Allah... today I watched a marvelous episode by a sheikh I don't know his name but it is entitled a path to paradise.. did anyone else watch it?-- he spoke of the three suras about judgement day.. suret al ghashya, and al inshiqaq especially (84).. he covered it up to verse 10.. and it was so remarkable, he will pick up where he left off tomorrow insha'Allah--

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
إِذَا السَّمَاء انشَقَّتْ {1}
وَأَذِنَتْ لِرَبِّهَا وَحُقَّتْ {2}
وَإِذَا الْأَرْضُ مُدَّتْ {3}
وَأَلْقَتْ مَا فِيهَا وَتَخَلَّتْ {4}
وَأَذِنَتْ لِرَبِّهَا وَحُقَّتْ {5}
يَا أَيُّهَا الْإِنسَانُ إِنَّكَ كَادِحٌ إِلَى رَبِّكَ كَدْحًا فَمُلَاقِيهِ {6}
فَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ {7}
فَسَوْفَ يُحَاسَبُ حِسَابًا يَسِيرًا {8}
وَيَنقَلِبُ إِلَى أَهْلِهِ مَسْرُورًا {9}
وَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ وَرَاء ظَهْرِهِ {10}
فَسَوْفَ يَدْعُو ثُبُورًا {11}

he spoke of how the sky (heaven) will be split asunder on that great day, he spoke of it as a creature a being created, and asked by Allah if it will be compliant with its lord's commands, and reponded that it will.. hence 'azhenat le rabiha wa7oqt'... not even pickthal translates that line well and I consider him to be one of the best.. but you don't really get the full impact until you understand it in Arabic.. likewise the earth will cast out all that is in her, from fear of her creator... this is the day of resurrection, when all will stand before their lord.. he spoke that the day of judgement will come on people who don't even utter the name Allah.. but that since the birth of prophet Mohammed P, the angel Israfael took a breath to blow in the trumpet on command.. that the day of judgement is so very close even though we take for granted the major signs that are yet to happen ( when they do, will be like a bead of pearls one after the next)... He spoke of the throne, the tiny lower heaven the one that houses us, which is nothing compared to the 2nd heaven, compared to the third etc all the way to the 7th... which is tiny at the foot of the throne

What a picture of grandeur and what a great lecture.. I used to have a recitation of this very sura by sheikh no3yna3, it used to make me cry.. it was the most beautiful recitation I'd ever heard.. I am so tired of looking for it and asking people about it, because they never bring me the right one.. I used to have it on small tape and I have no idea its whereabouts..

usually each reciter is famous for one impeccable recitation, at least in my book.. I only listen to suret Yusuf by sheikh sali7 ar'rashid, or suret al qyama by khanderi.. the short suras however, were recited best by sheikh no3yna3 and I feel such a longing to hear it...

I suppose one can't explain what it means to long for Quran to another person... there was a time in my life when I'd escape a room by mention of Quran... now I am entranced.. I always always learn something new.. speaking Arabic doesn't necessarily deepen the understanding on its own accord.. there is a gradation of understanding.. there is a change from the concrete to the abstract.. and I think listening to lectures and scholars helps..

Maghrib came rather fast today.. we had spinach and cheese pies...
unfortunately, they no longer forecast the prayer from Mecca like they used to.. I used to complain that they did away with the sheikh with the melodious voice and now there is no prayer all together... :-[

lol they give so little time for prayer or lectures.. but there is at least 6 soap operas back to back.. anything to keep people away from worship I suppose? There is one that comes while you break fast now instead of prayers.. really awful episodes where everyone is so angry and mean to their women.. it is rather upsetting to watch especially in Ramadan.. what can one do? :-\

I must say the saddest thing about the day is I yelled at my niece for trying to put her fingers in the fan, and her lips were quivering as she was holding back her tears.. but they eventually fell on her cheeks-- she is only two.. I write this here because I can't take her cute sad face out of my head--imsad.. I don't think she expected that from me.. but I love her so.. don't want to see her little fingers chopped off .. what is an aunt to do? ^o)

north_malaysian
09-28-2007, 06:17 AM
28th September 2007 - Kulim, Malaysia.

Hey.... I've seen the full moon too...

Last night, after Taraweeh prayers (around 10.30 PM), I walked home with my mum from Musolla. My mum said "Look at the sky, the full moon is so bright!! We're in the middle of Ramadan already?".

I looked up and both of us gazed at the sky.... the full moon was so bright ... and the sky is so clear (usually it's cloudy!)

It's been 15 days.....

Sheba
09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
That's a wonderful statement. God's wonders can surely be seen in the heavens.

InToTheRain
09-29-2007, 12:38 AM
On the way to Terawi I caught a glimpse of the full Moon and it was amazing...almost lost focus of what was ahead of me as I drove. My little bro couldn't get enough of it and started cursing the urban enviroment in which we live that blocks it's view. I didn't really gaze at it or want to after that for even if I were to climb the tallest building to watch it I feel its granduer can only be fully appreciated in some rural area away from this artificial sarrounding.

Went straight to sleep after Terawi resisting the urge to listen Mufti Ismail Menks "Reasons of Revelation of Verses of The Noble Quran" (I would recommend it to everyone, his oratory style is similiar to Sheikh Suliman Mula...Just brilliant!) as he says some deep stuff and really gets emotional at times which means my sleep before sehri goes out the window. I needed the sleep anyways as I felt I was burning the precious few braincells I have left Got up a bit later then usual for sehri but had enough time for Tahajud. After Tahajud thought I would spare my Mother from trying to wake my little bro who sleeps on the floor yet is unable to wake up in time for anything . Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to establish that part of the sunnah :/ Poor fish he is. As I called him he just mumbled, so I tried a couple more times in order to verify whether he was fully awake or just making natural fishy noises he usually makes at sleep...looking up at the time I realised I only haave 10 MINS TILL SEHFRI IS OVA!
I rushed to prepare my sehri meal which consisted of tortilla wrap with Spinach and honey in hot water (whilst at some points I heard the "ready steady cook" shows time up music theme in the back of my head :muddlehea (Astaghfirullah).

Recited the Qur'an after the fajr Adhan before making the prayer...didn't feel like I can sleep after the prayer so I stayed up reciting some more till I yawned (Astaghfirullah). For some reason I took a long hard look at the Mirror to see if there was any Noor on my face LOL...hmmm...all I saw was some big eye bags.....

My older Sister came by before Jum'aa the next day. We were discussing our Mothers GP and at some point she burst out laughing. Seeing the expression on my face she explained how the other day she somehow phoned up their usual fastfood takeaway instead of their GP and said , whilst still occasionally bursting with laughter about what she was Reminiscing, "Can I book an appointment with Doctor Badreha for me and my husband please?"

Iftar time and as usual someones a critic. We had Pizza on the menu which didn't please my little sister who had no choice in the matter due to being at work ;D nonetheless she helped prepare it and set the table. As usual she had her tortilla wrap with Tuna and kept expressing her strong deslike for the Chicken nuggets on the table saying for the time how its made out of the worst contents of the chicken. As I reached for the Nugget she asked me If I have lost any weight this Ramadan, before I could even finish saying "yes" she shot me down saying "No you haven't!"... LIES I SAY! LIES...though I appreciate her concern.

:X

InToTheRain
09-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Isn't it amazing how we can do so much more during Ramadan...What was seemingly odious before such as reciting the Qur'an, praying Sunnat, Nafl prayers and other forms of Ibadat are know activities one looks forward. Alhamdulillah, this month is truly for our benefit and out benefit alone...Fabi Ayi Allah Irabikuma Tukazziban...
How before this month started I dreaded the changes I would have to make in my daily routine but now that more then half of it is over (I thought we still had a good 16 days to go for some reason...) I am depressed at how fast it's has passed...

Woke up for Tahajud and had ample time to prepare prepare sehri and get it down. Only my Mother's up and one of my bros whos been up all night posting on another Forum ^o) else Im sure he'd be sleeping like the rest. We discussed Athiesm but I will spare you from the details :D
Sat down watching "Dawn pearls", show which comes on just before Fajr Adhan. After the Adhan I recited some Qur'an because for some reason I don't trust the timing on some of these calenders as all of them are diffrent :-\ . Prayed fajr after 1/2 hour I then started reciting the Qur'an again...I felt especially inspired to read on today...Is this Qur'an going to defend me or be against me on the day of judgement? Am I going to of those that the Qur'an bears witness against because I have read it and not implemented the guidance from that particular verse or chapter into my life?...
I went on reciting till dawn.

My Sister came around with my niece and nephews as expected. Poor bro in law sis uffering from shoulder aches, it's been happening for the last 3 years and only happens during winter he says ^o)
Was invited for Iftar at my oldest Brothers place today, so my sisters wanted to go "Dhaka Biraney" to get some somosas and sundries. At some point we had to take some cash out but what was supposed to take 5 mins took 30 due to them stalls with Burqas and Jilbabs :uhwhat it didn't end there as the "just 5 minutes (15-30mins)" chorus started to occur and we hit Arabian nights,East and West and Tescos :uhwhat

Woodrow
09-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Sept. 29, 2007 Austin, TX

Spent much of the day just reflecting over the past two weeks. Each day has been such a miracle. There is such a high awareness of the small daily events that occur unnoticed in other months. Small things that would normally go unnoticed and without thought suddenly become bright and miraculous. The small pleasures of life are truly great when we reflect on the source.

Intisar
09-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Sept 29,

This was by far one of the easiest days of Ramadan for me, almost as easy as the first day of Ramadan. Time went by so fast, one minute it was noon, the next it was 2pm, then 4:30, then it was afuur. :ooh: Went it came to 6pm I decided to listen to some Quraan recitation tapes my Dad bought me a couple of days ago so that I can re-memorize the Quraan. I've forgotten so much subhanallah. :cry: I followed the Sheikh with my copy of the Quraan and it started reciting some of the ayaahs I remembered. I'm planning to attend Taraweeh during Leyal-tul Qadr and I can't wait. :statisfie :)

snakelegs
09-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Sept. 29, 2007 Austin, TX

Spent much of the day just reflecting over the past two weeks. Each day has been such a miracle. There is such a high awareness of the small daily events that occur unnoticed in other months. Small things that would normally go unnoticed and without thought suddenly become bright and miraculous. The small pleasures of life are truly great when we reflect on the source.
beautiful.

sevgi
09-30-2007, 06:01 AM
sunday 30th september 2007

last night i realised that i had wasted much of the last two weeks.i have been so cooped up with worldly things, that i have forgotten to sit back and remember who I really am.my uni work has taken over my 'me' time.

all humans needs 'me time'.what is me time?

we need to sit down and just think...what the hell are we doing? what the hell is this world we live in?why are we here? for Gods sake, why am i so important that i needed to be created. why was i made? why am i in sydney? why arent i in some other land? why is everything constructed around me the way it is...?

everything seems to be handcrafted for me, my personal needs and wants.even the problems i encounter seem to be perfectly crafted for me to retrieve the greatest message and meaning out of them.why? really...i ask why? why have i been given the capacity to ask why?

so do i just live? then die?
do i, a being above all beings, higher than animals, rocks, flowers, birds, bees, just live...then die?

if so, why dont i just live as tho im going to just die? why study? why make money? why family? why friends? why anything?

it seems to me that every situation we are put in, every moments means something,,,and there is more to living and dying.my study? it must mean more than books and classes...

if i dnt have me time...i cant remember these things. if i cant remember these things, i forget who and what i am. i become a robot. a slave to life as we see it. if this happens, i forget God.if i forget God, i forget Islam, if i forget islam...the cycle becomes inescapable....they lead eachother on....

differnet ppl are stuck on different steps of this cycle...some believe in God, bt dnt see islam as the valid way of life. some see islam, bt become slaves for live...

its amazing.its coz we are human.and crap ones at that...we use all our power, to self consume.even in ramadan...it is rather upsetting.

peace and blessings in this gracious month...may it bring serenity and 'me time' for all.

^..sTr!vEr..^
09-30-2007, 10:50 AM
wooww u people are doing so much to avail this month!! ..mashAllah

north_malaysian
10-01-2007, 05:02 AM
1st October 2007, 12:58 PM - Kulim, Malaysia.

It's raining heavily here... I hope it's not raining tonight! After fajr prayer, the temprature is soooooo cold and windy .. I just wish that I could just sleep more... but hey, I have to drive 50 km north to a town call Sungai Petani...:'(

Just came back to the office...

Ten days before Eid, is the busiest time ever all over Malaysia..

All malls, shops and stalls are crowded with people shopping for Eid. Eid songs are everywhere... the roads are jammed with shoppers.

Tonight, it would be the 20th night of Ramadan right? So the houses and streets would be decorated with lights welcoming the angels to the earth as Lailatul Qadr (Night of Power) might be in any night of the final 10 days of Ramadan.

The kids (and some adults) would play the sparklers and firecrackers all night long - yeah... it sounds like a warzone, the only difference is that you could hear kids laughing with joy.

I pray to God, may all of us be blessed with Lailatul Qadr. Amin Ya Rabb!:peace:

Medina83
10-01-2007, 11:30 AM
:w: 01/10/07

How are you all doing? Very well elhamdulillah by the looks of things!!

Well yesterday I had a great day, cooked iftar for some friends there were six of us. I was cooking for 5 hours but it was worth every second they cleared all the food!!!

Here's what I cooked:
-Beef & vegetable casserole on couscous
-Fish pie with broccoli and cashew nuts
-Roast lamb cutlets in marinade
-Potato gratin (with garlic and cheese)
-Spinach, feta amd mozzarella cheese briouates
-Banoffi pie

Also had melon and dates and some lemon slices i bought etc.
Well it was lovely.....there was actually very little waste elhamdulillah i hate wasted food.

mmm what to have today ? I have no food left !!!

MaiCarInMtl
10-02-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
Here's what I cooked:
-Beef & vegetable casserole on couscous
-Fish pie with broccoli and cashew nuts
-Roast lamb cutlets in marinade
-Potato gratin (with garlic and cheese)
-Spinach, feta amd mozzarella cheese briouates
-Banoffi pie
Oh wow... Can I come over next time? :okay:

I spent about 2 hours cooking yesterday afternoon. This store nearby had a special on ground veal so I made meatballs. Basically, one dish was meatballs with tomatoes and zucchini (like a stew) and the other dish was Swedish meatballs. Lets just say that there is so much food that I had to freeze more than half of it! Not to mention that I still have some cabbage rolls left over from last week.

Either way, I have noticed that I am much more thankful for what I have and the opportunities I have (school, a job, I can provide for myself, family and friends in good health, food and drink, etc).

I've been reading the Qur'an, but not very quickly, I am just taking my time. But I did go to my first Halaqa on the weekend and would really like to return again. I had fun and the people there were really nice.

Ok, well I must get ready to go out for desert - I left a bit of space for it and am really looking forward to it.

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Ommuslim
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Jazkom allahu khairan
very interesting :)

Woodrow
10-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Oct. 4, 2007 Austin, TX,

Where has the month gone. I saw the moon last night and it is in it's last Quarter. Ramadan is no longer, a fast in front of me, it is now a time to look back over the past 21 or so days and reflect on if I havedone all I intended to do? was my fasting for the right intents? What should I have done that I have failed to do? Is there time to undo any errors or shortcomings that hindered my intents.

ummAbdillah
10-04-2007, 09:00 PM
:salamext: Alhamdulilah, today was one of the best days of Ramadhan for me. Me
and a couple of sisters came together to talk about Allah SWT and what inspired us to start practicing. It was amazing because everyone had something different and special to say. This one sister who is normally 'the quiet one' gave a beautiful talk about the reality of the Dunya and why our main focus should be on the Akhirah... May Allah SWT reward her with Jannah Firdaows ameen. I had Iftaar with my family when i got home it was a bit quiet with out dad (he's gone todo umrah - may Allah accept it from him)

Ibn Umar (Radhiallahu 'Anhum) said: Allâh's Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) took me by my shoulder and said:

"Be in this life as if you were a stranger or a traveller on a path."

Jâmi' al-U'lûm wal-Hikam Hadîth #40:

jannat
10-12-2007, 05:37 PM

Oct 12 2007
Today was the last fast.. i have just opened MY fast.. i hope inshallah Allah will bless us all and make all our wishes come true. May allah forgive us all for our mistakes and guide us inshallah.Ramadhan went quickly, i hope i prayed enough for allah to help me inshallah. Today i went to uni, attended a lecture, prayed, went shoppin and came home to watch Geo TV which had Ramadan program on. it was nice.. Junaid Jamshaid was on it..

May Allah accept all our duas and may we be stronger and well prepared for the next Ramadan inshallah.
Eid mubarak to everyone..Remember me in your duas..:D

Woodrow
10-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Oct. 12, 2007 Austin Texas

I can not believe today is the last day of Ramadan. Where did it go?

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Ramdan gone and now it's boring!

Samkurd
10-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Im diabetic so i didnt fast. I tried for the first two days but it messed my sugar level so i stopped. I wanted to try to do it because no one else in my family is. i hate it, my mum made iftar and played the quran for like 3 days and then stopped.. no one around me is religious anymore i feel like everyone is abandoning it so they can suit their lives more towards modern living. Now that its eid i havent even had one family gathering its just all the same. My older brother and sisters cant even restrain from drinking in ramadan. Anyway i still prayed and im still trying to keep up with the schedule of praying and reading the qur'an, sorry for bringing down the mood i feel i need to let it out..

جوري
10-15-2007, 04:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samkurd
Im diabetic so i didnt fast. I tried for the first two days but it messed my sugar level so i stopped. I wanted to try to do it because no one else in my family is. i hate it, my mum made iftar and played the quran for like 3 days and then stopped.. no one around me is religious anymore i feel like everyone is abandoning it so they can suit their lives more towards modern living. Now that its eid i havent even had one family gathering its just all the same. My older brother and sisters cant even restrain from drinking in ramadan. Anyway i still prayed and im still trying to keep up with the schedule of praying and reading the qur'an, sorry for bringing down the mood i feel i need to let it out..
:sl: akhi..
you need to work with your endocrinologist and a dietician when attempting to fast.... there are many complications in diabetes and your doctor will be informed if you keep a log of such things as dawn phenomenon and the Somogyi effect, a dietician will focus on foods that are best for you in terms of sustaining your blood sugar and appropriate energy time release... and remember above all that Allah is watching and knows when someone is sick and someone just simply forgot about him...

I am sorry for the situation at home.. what can I say... houda is from Allah, else Abarahaem P would have been able to save his father, or Noah P his son or even prophet Mohammed P his uncle... it isn't up to us whom to guide.. we should only advise and make our intentions pure....

we are also your family here so don't be sad and don't feel alone and on top of everything don't feel down.. I love the Islam that is inside it is amazing that it leaves you wanting everyone around you to have the same sort of awakening...

May Allah yataqabal that good that is in your heart and guide your family and loved ones to the path of the righteous..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.