/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blood test+fast?? Quick answer

AnonymousPoster
09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
:sl:

I need an answer as soon as possible...
May sound a bit of a stupid question, but just for peace of mind, i'll ask.
By having a blood test will it nullify my fast? Please let me know if u can very very soon, please thaanks, good bye
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2007, 11:17 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

Deleted quote from a censored site.

anonymous
09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
^:sl:

JazakaAllah for that
Peace

Ummu Sufyaan
09-14-2007, 11:36 AM
The fast is invalidated when anything enters the body cavity, which is why injections and drips (even those that have nutritive value) do not invalidate the fast. [Bada'i` and Masa'il al-Siyam]

brother, I think this should interest you.
2- Receiving via a needle (as in the case of a drip) nourishing substances which take the place of food and drink, because this is the same as food and drink. Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Majaalis Shahr Ramadaan, p/ 70.
With regard to injections which do not replace food and drink, rather they are administered for the purpose of medical treatment – such as penicillin or insulin – or are given to energize the body, or for the purpose of vaccinations, these do not affect the fast, whether they are intravenous or intramuscular (injected into a vein or a muscle). Fataawa Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem, 4/189. But to be on the safe side, these injections may be given at night.
Kidney dialysis, in which blood is extracted, cleaned and then returned to the body with the additional of chemical substances such as sugars and salts etc. is regarded as invalidating the fast. Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 10/19 [3d]
source
walahu a3lam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-14-2007, 11:49 AM
If the amount of blood they take is minute, then it is not obligatory upon you to make up for that day. However, if they take a lot, then you are to make up for that day without doubt and also by way of precaution just in case one may not understand how much is little amount or a lot.

in any case what have you got to loose by doing it again another day? :w:

Pk_#2
09-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, exactly,

if you have doubt just do it again :D :statisfie

AnonymousPoster
09-14-2007, 01:44 PM

i cant leave it to another date, because i feel it's urgent, leaving it for anohter month just cannot be done. And i doubt they'll be taking ot loads of blood anyway. Just quick suck up

Abu Ibraheem
09-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Salams

Somebody asked me the same question yestaday,
I couldnt answer, didnt know... but i do hope however, you keep knocking at as many doors as possible with this one.

NoName55
09-14-2007, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

i cant leave it to another date, because i feel it's urgent, leaving it for anohter month just cannot be done. And i doubt they'll be taking ot loads of blood anyway. Just quick suck up
alaikum salam
your akhira, your choice, all I can do is point to >> http://www.islamicboard.com/828972-post5.html

:w:

NoName55
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
alaikum assalamwa rahmatullah

If I were to say anything about Faraz Rabbani would I get 45% infraction for being "anti-scholar"?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

If I were to say anything about Faraz Rabbani would I get 45% infraction for being "anti-scholar"?
meh, pm me

Woodrow
09-14-2007, 02:52 PM

I have gotten a PM from a member who doubts the validity of Faraz Rabbani. I am unable to verify his qualifications. I urge all members to read his advice with caution, until it is shown he is correct or proven he is in error.

NoName55
09-14-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have gotten a PM from a member who doubts the validity of Faraz Rabbani. I am unable to verify his qualifications. I urge all members to read his advice with caution, until it is shown he is correct or proven he is in error.

easiest test is to use the site link sensor

here goes link to his site which will be rightly zapped to nothingness http://www.**************/

to quote Brother Dr. Philips "Suffice it to say that this is a site which teaches the Nu Ha Mim Keller and Faraz Rabbani brand of Sufism"

Pk_#2
09-14-2007, 03:38 PM
What's wrong with Faraz Rabbani?

is he a sufi? :muddlehea

soz you don't have to answer the second question. :D

Woodrow
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM

easiest test is to use the site link sensor

here goes link to his site which will be rightly zapped to nothingness http://www.**************/

to quote Brother Dr. Philips "Suffice it to say that this is a site which teaches the Nu Ha Mim Keller and Faraz Rabbani brand of Sufism"
Quite true. I finaly remebered how the site sensor works. I was expecting it to catch the name Faraz Rabbani if he was censored and I did not think to simply check site link itself.

Umm Yoosuf
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Question:
Does taking blood from a person’s body using a needle invalidate the fast or not?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

If the blood that is taken from him is regarded as being a small amount, then he does not have to make up that day. But if it is considered to be a large amount, then he should make up that day so as to avoid an area of scholarly dispute and so as to be on the safe side and be sure that he has fulfilled his duty.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 10/263

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about taking blood in Ramadaan for the purpose of testing. He replied:

Such tests do not invalidate the fast, rather they are forgiven because they are something that is necessary and they are not like the things that are known in sharee’ah to invalidate the fast.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 2/133

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen said:

If a person donates blood and a large amount is taken, that invalidates his fast, by analogy with cupping, which refers to the act of letting blood flow from the veins in order to relieve sickness or so that this blood may be stored for emergencies. But if it is a small amount then that does not invalidate the fast, such as taking a small amount with a needle for the purpose of testing.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 2/133.

Islam Q&A

Umm Yoosuf
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Also

Question:
Does having a blood sample of 5 cc taken have any effect on the fast?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

That does not affect the fast because it is a little and does not make the fasting person weak.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz was asked about the ruling on a person who has blood taken when he is fasting in Ramadaan for the purpose of testing.

He replied:

A test of this nature does not affect the fast, rather it is excused, because it is something needed, and it is not like the things that are known to break the fast according to sharee’ah.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 15/274.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen was asked in Fataawa Arkaan al-Islam, p. 478, about the ruling on a fasting person having a blood test, and whether that breaks the fast.

He replied:

The fasting person does not break the fast by having blood taken for a test. If the doctor needs to take blood from the patient to test it, this does not break the fast, because it is a small amount of blood and it does not affect the body in the way that cupping does. The basic principle is that the fast remains valid and cannot be spoiled except by things for which there is shar’i evidence that they affect the fast. In this case there is no evidence that the fasting person breaks his fast because of this small amount of blood. With regard to taking a large amount of blood from a fasting person in order to donate it to a person who needs it, for example, then if a large amount of blood is taken which has the same effect on the body as cupping, this does break the fast. Based on this, if the fast is obligatory then it is not permissible for anyone to donate a large amount of blood to anyone, unless the person who is to receive that blood is in dire need and cannot wait until after the sun sets, and the doctors have decided that the blood of this fasting person will benefit him and will meet his immediate need for it. In this case there is nothing wrong with donating blood, and he may break his fast and eat and drink in order to regain his strength, and he should make up this day when he broke his fast.
Islam Q&A

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.