/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This is new to me..Ramadhan Mubarak??

Ghira
09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
:sl:
Saying Ramadhan Mubarak during Ramdhan is new to me. I only heard it being said from a couple of people in previous years, now everyone is saying it and expect something in return. Like it is some kind of festival like Eid Mubarak. My question is in other countries such as Malaysia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia do they say Ramadhan Mubarak. I know in Afghanistan they don't say it. This is weird to me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*~Sofia~*
09-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Salam brother,

I have always said 'Ramadhan Mubarak' at the start of the month. I guess it's just a way of celebrating the coming of ramdhan as it's such a blessed and important month for us muslims..and such a beautiful month as well, and everyone is so happy that it's here... There's nothing wierd about it...

saying it and expect something in return
^ i've never heard of this tho, i never expect anything in return lol, just another 'Ramadhan Mubarak' in reply ;D

Neway i dnt think it's haram so minor innit :D

w'salam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
bro lol its just wishing a happy ramadan upon people, mubarak - celebration, ramadan celebration :D

Ghira
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I don't see it as a time for celebration.... We should "celebrate" after the completion as a way of showing gratitiude that Allah (swt) allowed us to complete the prayers/fasting, and inshaAllah accept it from us. As a way for us to meet and congregate with each other to celebrate and make dua that Allah (swt) accepts the fasting and prayers. I ask if other Muslim countries perform this new invented thing because I did not find our Prophet (saw) saying this to people and the elders I speak with do not say this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maidah
09-14-2007, 02:08 PM
^ lol bro it's just a way of saying congarutaltions you made it alive to this ramadan ( i guess) or it's just a way of showing how excited one is about ramadan, it's not like we suffer 4 a month and then only on eid are we allowed to say Eid mubarak.

SATalha
09-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Ramadhan Kareem BROTHER, May Allah bless your month wich good deeds.:D

Al-Zaara
09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Selam aleykum brother,

Well I say Ramazan Mubarek, in Turkish mubarek means blessed or sacred... I've never heard anything wrong with congratulating another Muslim for the coming of a sacred month and wishing them a well Ramazan and fasting...

Here is something I found, from a site most in this forum prefer to get fatwa from the internet:

Question:
Is saying "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Ramadan Kareem" considered to be bidah?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with congratulating one another at the beginning of the month. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to tell his Companions the good news of the onset of Ramadaan, and urge them to make the most of it. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed.’” (Reported by al-Nisaa'i, 4/129; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/490)

And Allaah knows best.

See: (Alsiyam - 70 Issues Related to Fasting).

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=Ramadan

ahsan28
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Saying Ramadhan Mubarak during Ramdhan is new to me. I I know in Afghanistan they don't say it. This is weird to me.
Yes in South Asia, this tradition is not so popular, people normally say Eid Mubarik, but why not learn good traditions from others :D

chaste
09-14-2007, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
Saying Ramadhan Mubarak during Ramdhan is new to me. I only heard it being said from a couple of people in previous years, now everyone is saying it and expect something in return. Like it is some kind of festival like Eid Mubarak. My question is in other countries such as Malaysia, Egypt and Saudi Arabia do they say Ramadhan Mubarak. I know in Afghanistan they don't say it. This is weird to me.
to me it seems like ramadhan isn't a blessing for you? i'm confused to what you have asked. why aren't you happy that another blessed month has come and that we should have the tawfik to pass it through in good Islamic faith? i don't think anyone is expecting anything in return. Ramadhan Mubarak 2 u. :w:

------
09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
:salamext:

In Pakistan, people say 'Eid Mubarak' and the other person says 'Khair Mubarak' in reply, meaning congratulations to you to about Ramadan.

ahsan28
09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Maidah;829009 or it's just a way of showing how excited one is about ramadan, [/QUOTE]

But for the women, Eid carries more significance, as they consider it the most important occassion of buying new clothes, shoes and other related items.

:D

ahsan28
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

In Pakistan, people say 'Eid Mubarak' and the other person says 'Khair Mubarak' in reply, meaning congratulations to you to about Ramadan.
And normally you would find those, more excited to say Eid Mubarik and embracing others, who didn't.........

Please fill the gap yourself :D

islamirama
09-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Spreading the Good News of Ramadaan
AUTHOR:
'Abdullaah bin Saalih Al-Fawzaan
SOURCE:
Ahaadeeth As-Siyaam: Ahkaam wa Adaab (pg. 13-15)
PRODUCED BY:
Al-Ibaanah.com

Abu Hurairah reported that the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "Ramadaan has come to you - a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast in it. During this month, the gates of heaven are open, the gates of the Hellfire are closed and the evil devils are chained. To Allaah belongs a night in it, which is better than a thousand months. Whosoever is prevented from its good, then he has been deprived." [1]

The hadeeth is a glad tiding to the righteous servants of Allaah, of the coming of the blessed month of Ramadaan. The Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) informed his Companions of its coming and it was not just a simple relaying of news. Rather, his intent was to give them the glad tidings of a magnificent time of the year, so that the righteous people who are quick to do deeds can give it its due estimate. This is because the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) explained in it (the hadeeth) what Allaah has prepared for His servants from the ways towards gaining forgiveness and His contentment - and they are many. So whoever has forgiveness escape him during the month of Ramadaan, then he has been deprived with the utmost deprivation.

From the great favors and bounties that Allaah has bestowed upon His servants is that He has prepared for them meritous occasions so that they may be of profit to those who obey Him and a race for those who rush to compete (for good deeds). These meritous occasions are times for fulfilling hopes by exerting in obedience and uplifting flaws and deficiencies through self-rectification and repentance. There is not a single occasion from these virtuous times, except that Allaah has assigned in it works of obedience, by which one may draw close to Him. And Allaah possesses the most beautiful things as gifts, which He bestows upon whomsoever He wills by His Grace and Mercy.

So the one who achieves true happiness is he who takes advantage of these virtuous months, days and hours and draws closer to His Guardian in them, by doing what is prescribed in them from acts of worship.

Thus perhaps he will be showered with one of the many blessings of those occasions and be helped by it, with an assistance that is enough to save him from the Fire and what it contains, such as its blazing heat. [2]

Being able to reach Ramadaan is itself a magnificent bounty that is bestowed on the one who reaches it and rises to its occasion, by standing in prayer during its night and fasting during its day. In it, he returns to his Protector -- from disobeying Him to obeying Him, from neglecting Him to remembering Him, from remaining distant from Him to turning towards Him in submissive repentance.

A Muslim must be conscious of this bounty and acknowledge its magnitude. For indeed, many people are prevented from fasting, either because they die before they reach it, or because they are not capable of observing it or because they oppose and turn away from it. Thus, the one who fasts must give praise to his Lord for this bounty and should welcome this month with joy and delight that a magnificent time of the year out of all the occasions for performing obedience is welcomed. He should exert himself deeply in doing good deeds. And he should invoke Allaah to grant him the ability to fast and stand in night prayer, and that He provide him with seriousness, enthusiasm, strength, and energy in that month. And that He awaken him from heedless oversleeping so that he may take advantage of these virtuous times of good.

It is unfortunate to find that many people do not know the value of this virtuous occasion, nor do they consider it to be sacred. So the month of Ramadaan no longer becomes a significant time for obedience, worship, reciting the Qur'aan, giving in charity and making remembrance of Allaah. Rather, to some people, it becomes a significant time to diversify their foods and drinks and to prepare different types of meals before the month begins. Some other people do not know Ramadaan except as a month of sleeplessness and constant recurring gatherings, while sleeping by day. This is to the point that some among them sleep past the time of the obligatory prayers, thus not praying them in congregation or in their proper times. Other people do not know Ramadaan except as a significant time for conducting worldly affairs, not as a significant time for conducting affairs for the Hereafter. Thus, they work busily in it, buying and selling, and they stay in the market areas, consequently abandoning the masaajid. And when they do pray with the people, they do so in such a hurried manner. This is because they find their pleasure in the market places. This is the extent that the notions and views (of Ramadaan) have been changed.

Some of the Salaf used to say: "Indeed Allaah, the Most High, has made the month of Ramadaan as a competition for His creatures, in which they may race with one another to His pleasure, by obeying Him. Thus, one group comes first and so they prosper and another group comes last and so they fail." [3]

Also, the individual does not know if this is perhaps the last Ramadaan he will ever see in his life, if he completes it. How many men, women and children have fasted with us the past year, and yet now they lie buried in the depths of the earth, relying on their good deeds. And they expected to fast many more Ramadaans. Likewise, we too shall all follow their path. Therefore, it is upon the Muslim to rejoice at this magnificent occasion for worship. And he should not renounce it, but instead busy himself with what will benefit him and what will cause its effect to remain. For what else is it, except numbered days, which are fasted in succession and which finish rapidly.

May Allaah make us, as well as you, from among those who are foremost in attaining good deeds.
Footnotes:

[1] This hadeeth is reported by Ahmad and An-Nasaa'ee. See Ahmad Shaakir's checking of the Musnad (no. 7148) and Saheeh at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb of al-Albaanee (1490) as well as Tamaam-ul-Mannah (395)

[2] These are the words of Ibn Rajab in Lataa'if-ul-Ma'aarif: pg. 8

[3] Lataa'if-ul-Ma'aarif of Ibn Rajab: page 246

Ghira
09-14-2007, 04:28 PM
You guys are funny...Please answer my question Do they say Ramadhan Mubarak to family and friends in other Muslim countries. If you want to give your opinions and want to express how you feel or argue about whether people should say it or not please make a new thread. My question is simple do other people in Muslim countries say. I had two good responses.

In Pakistan, people say 'Eid Mubarak' and the other person says 'Khair Mubarak' in reply, meaning congratulations to you to about Ramadan

See thank you I did not know that. You have a reply for it so now I know. That is nice. I like the reply Khair Mubarak...That literaly means in Arabic may the Goodness Increase. Sort of like saying may whatever is good in this month be blessed.

Yes in South Asia, this tradition is not so popular, people normally say Eid Mubarik, but why not learn good traditions from others
Another answer to my question...Thank you. I never knew it as a good tradition. The Month is blessed and Holy but I notice people shake my hand say salaam and then say Ramadhan Mubarak as if to remind me that this month is blessed. It is not a celebration as some say. Mubarak comes from the Arabic word barakah which literaly means to increase or grow. When you put an 'MU' before it then it gives possession. I am not arguing if we should say it or not. But to answer how wide spread this thing is...or is it just old tradition that people had since time of Prophet (saw) that Muslims in many COUNTRIES say.

Al-Zaara
09-14-2007, 09:19 PM
In Turkey they say Ramazan Mübarek... In Kosovo the same.

syilla
09-14-2007, 11:58 PM
In Malaysia they "selamat berpuasa" and "selamat berbuka puasa". :D

Ghira
09-16-2007, 07:42 PM
^^^ I really like your signature Sister Syilla of the heart and Allah written on it. Reminds me of something....

Now what does that mean "selamat berpuasa" and "selamat berbuka puasa".

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Salamualikum

RAMDAN GREETINGS TO YOU AND FAMILY

bewildred
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
In Maghreb countries also, "Ramadhan Moubarak" is very common.

Bewildred

Nisrin
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Salaam alaikoem,

In moroco they say ramadan mubarak...

Nisrin

Alaikoem salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.