/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Posting copyright stuff

-S-
09-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Salams all

could i ask you all a favour before posting images or anything make sure they are not copyright or anything or get permission from them first esp if they are from flick or any of those image hosting places

or else ill have the copyright owners moaning and whinging demanding us to take it down..

would be pointless putting it on cos if they have rights over it we will have to remove it

:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :thumbs_do
jazakallah
ws
sajid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-14-2007, 10:43 PM
This was the result of an error I made. I linked to a picture I found on Google. Sadly I got in a hurry and "Hot linked" rather than uploading it to my host. To offset this problem in the future do 2 things.

Check any fine print and do not use if you see any Copyright warnings. They can be hard to spot as sometimes they will be hidden in the site.

Next upload to your own image host and do not hot link. Most of the time the complaint is really about the hot linking.

syilla
09-14-2007, 11:57 PM
:salamext:

i try my best. but if i accidently post it without realising there is a copyright. i need the mod to tell me :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.