/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Should We Follow Religion? Question posed !!!

mohammed farah
09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Why can't we take the best of all religion and live a life of our own? Why should we follow religion? Question posed from Audience to speaker Dr Zakir Naik.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xKGrZJXTxI

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
09-16-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
Why can't we take the best of all religion and live a life of our own? Why should we follow religion? Question posed from Audience to speaker Dr Zakir Naik.
If we believe in Allah, the Judgement Day, and life after death, then we should follow that which leads to eternal life and avoids eternal punishment. I believe that Islam is a perfect religion and that it needs no additions or changes.

Quran 5:3 ...Today I have perfected your religion for you, completed my favor upon you and approved Al-Islam as a Deen (way of life for you).... and Quran 3:85 If anyone is looking for a religion other than Islam, then let it be known that it will not be accepted from him; and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.

For me religion is not a buffet where we can pick and choose what we want to believe and practice from among the world's religions. To do so would be an innovation that leads to the Hellfire.

From http://www.muttaqun.com/bida.html
Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Ali ibn Abu Talib
The Prophet said, If anyone introduces an innovation in the religion, he will be responsible for it. (Good or bad). If anyone introduces an innovation or gives shelter to a man who introduces an innovation (in the religion) he is cursed by Allaah, by His angels and by all the people.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.