/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Volunartary prayer vs. Tafsir of Quran.

Ghira
09-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I always wondered that when going for taraweeh or performing it myself...Here is what helped me decide.

Abu Dharr (ra) narrated, the Messenger of Allah (saw) said to me: “If you learn one ayah from the Book of Allah it is better for you than to voluntarily pray one hundred rakahs”

Anas relates that the Prophet (May Allah shower peace & blessings on him) said: ''a single person who understands the relegion has more virtue in Allah's court than a thousand worshippers.''

Abu Dharr & Abu Hurayrah said: ''Learning a chapter of knowledge is better than a thousand rakah's of nafl prayer, and pursuing a chapter of knowledge whether it be put into practice or not, is better than a hundred nafl rakahs.''

http://quran-tafsir.org/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.