/* */

PDA

View Full Version : did i just invalidate my fast?

tasha>farah
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
this is my 1st ramadan and so far so good with the fasting,but i jus looked at sum food my mom made and put a piece of quorn in my mouth an swallowed it whilst realising wot i had done,half an hour before fasting times over.have i invalidated it because it wasn't intentional?or does it not matter and this fast is now invalid? :cry: im so disapointed in myself

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
:sl:

I think because it's accidental it dosen't break the fast..Inshallah make dua for forgiveness

Allahu knows best

- Qatada -
09-16-2007, 06:48 PM
:salamext:

Allah says (translation of the meaning): "There is no blame on you for what you do by mistake, but only for what your hearts have deliberately resolved upon." [Qur'an 33 : 5]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Whoever forgets he (or she) is fasting and eats or drinks something should complete his fast, for it is merely that Allah has given him food and drink." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (1933)]

..if someone eats on a day of fasting believing that dawn has not yet arrived and then realizes that it has, his fast will be valid and he will not have to make up that fast on another day.

more info:
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...&main_cat_id=9

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Salam

Aww hun i remember that happen to me aswel. Don't worry... 'INTENTIONS'

smile :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tasha>farah
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
thanks evry1 :)

MustafaMc
09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree with the other replies. There have been times when I was fasting and walked by a candy jar and, unthinkingly, grabbed a piece and put it in my mouth. When I realized what I had done, I spit the candy out and threw it away. The value of our actions depend on our intentions. We should just ask Allah's forgiveness and keep on trying to do better.

kwolney01
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Your fast is still valid. I think that happens to a lot of people as long you stop as soon as you realize what your doing then your fine. I wish you the best on your first Ramadan. Ramadan Mubarak

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.