/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting questions

Palamoon
09-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I'ma list them in numbers.

1. Am I'm alloud to drink a tiny bit of water if I'm really thirsty or my throat is really dry. This moolah on tv said you could drink water with medicine, or if your really thirsty, but just a little bit.

2. Am I alloud to listen to music with bad words?

3. I know if you eat on accident during fasting, it doesn't break your fast... but does that mean anything?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
salam.

1) nope, yo can just rinse mouth out :S

2) HELL NO!! thats just way over limit .. firstly yo should listen to msuci bro.. listen to Qura'an... Bro 30days come on they come like just once in a year make most of them...satan is locked for 30days bro.. turn to yo lord and REPENT NOW!! before too late!!

3) Maka'ruh - if yo never knew then it's not broken

right sum1 else help with hadiths or sumthing :p

BTW RAMDAN GREETINGS AND WELCOME TO THE SITE MAN

Palamoon
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
What's Maka'ruh. Shoot, I can't listen to music with bad words.

Ghira
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Palamoon
I'ma list them in numbers.

1. Am I'm alloud to drink a tiny bit of water if I'm really thirsty or my throat is really dry. This moolah on tv said you could drink water with medicine, or if your really thirsty, but just a little bit.

2. Am I alloud to listen to music with bad words?

3. I know if you eat on accident during fasting, it doesn't break your fast... but does that mean anything?
Asalaamu alaykum
Welcome to the Forum!!!

1) Not allowed to eat or drink anything does not matter your throat is dry. Not even just a little bit. Anything that goes down your esophagus other than your own saliva that breaks the fast. Rinsing mouth is permissible.

2) Not a good time to listen to music with bad words? That is haram not just in Ramadhan but all the time. Listen to the beautiful Qur'an instead :) http://hidayahonline.org/?page=audio&reciter=7

3) If you eat by accident it is a GIFT from Allah (swt) so enjoy but Allah (swt) knows whether it was by accident or on purpose.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:35 PM
salam

bro listen im a revert to islam and trust me i was one kind of them 'G'S' who used to mess up big time trust me...if i can do it then everyone can slowly by slowly..im NOT saying im an 'angel' because at times i can be naughty but then again step by step bro...

If yo think 'oh no, no music etc etc' then tell me what an earth you going to do when you die and turn towards your lord?? BRO STOP AND THINK!!!

this life is too short it's a test.. BTW music is forbidden in ISLAM!!
Listen to Qura'an if not then nashids without music!

Maka'ruh - not broken *me think* dunno right defination sowiee...

BRO PLEASE PLEASE THINK ABOUT AL-AKHIRAH THINK ABOUT IT.. DO YOU WANT TO BURN AND GET BITTEN BY SCORPIONS ETC ETC OR GO TO PARADISE (JANAH)???

WHAT WILL YOU SAY WHEN YOU TURN TOWARDS YOUR LORD HA???!!!

THIS LIFE IS SHORT MAN!!

I FEEL LIKE CRYING!! :cry:

Ghira
09-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Makrooh means disliked...Different from Haram which means forbidden.

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:39 PM
salamualikum

Bro i just wana say forget about Ramdan for a minute and BEHONEST please... do you listen to music *bad lingo* even when it aint Ramdan??

Do yo seriously know what a blessed month this is??

Do you know theres lots and lots of people out there who want to fast but can't for several reasons *like myself*!

Bro satan is locked up for 30days bro!! 30 days YESH 30days so be good blad!

Palamoon
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Whats be lingo... Uhh, it's haram to listen to music period.... I'm not strict crazy. I'ma listen to music when Ramadan is over. I'll prolly still listen to music during the month of ramadan, but that's edited. Who are you to decide if I"m going to hell or not. Just because I listen to music means I'm going to hell. Man, you an extremist... for real. Listen up, my cousins told me this story, it goes like this. There was a guy, lets just say... not very good muslim. He was drinking beer and everything, I think he was homeless. There was other group of people talking, forgot what they were talking about but it fits in the story. Then the beer drinking guy says, Allah can make that camel go thru this needle. (The needle which u threat with) Just because he knew and had faith in Allah, that he could do anything, he went to heaven. So don't be judging me "you listen to music, your going to hell".

Alright, my mom wants to know. If you don't have halal meat, can you eat the other meat?

Palamoon
09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Agha Zakri in Rang o Rang tv said we could swallow water for medicine and if your very thirsty. He's a Irani moolah.

Kittygyal
09-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Whats be lingo... Uhh, it's haram to listen to music period.... I'm not strict crazy. I'ma listen to music when Ramadan is over. I'll prolly still listen to music during the month of ramadan, but that's edited. Who are you to decide if I"m going to hell or not. Just because I listen to music means I'm going to hell. Man, you an extremist... for real. Listen up, my cousins told me this story, it goes like this. There was a guy, lets just say... not very good muslim. He was drinking beer and everything, I think he was homeless. There was other group of people talking, forgot what they were talking about but it fits in the story. Then the beer drinking guy says, Allah can make that camel go thru this needle. (The needle which u threat with) Just because he knew and had faith in Allah, that he could do anything, he went to heaven. So don't be judging me "you listen to music, your going to hell".

Alright, my mom wants to know. If you don't have halal meat, can you eat the other meat?

Salamualikum

OM... YA ALLAAH!!

'bad lingo' = bad language

brother i never said you will be going to Hell or Janah i never said anything like that at all... Thats not my job it's Allaah Subhana'WatAllaah's job :)
Please forgive me.. *even thoe i never did anything bad :offended: *

Anywho brother all im saying is would you rather go to hell or Janah.. i never said 'thats it your going to hell' NO i never will say that because thats Allaah's job not mine brother...
Please stop saying im a 'extremist' :cry:

Okay i'll leave this to you and Allaah.. im not going to say anything.. All i was doing is helping you but you have the nerve to say im an extremist so you know what best of luck. Ya Allaah forgive you and me and lead you and myself to the right path. Amin

Ma'assalama

Palamoon
09-16-2007, 07:56 PM
W/e, you implied it in that way. But we both have different opinions. So we'll both drop it. :)

itsme
09-22-2007, 05:57 AM
W/e, you implied it in that way. But we both have different opinions. So we'll both drop it. :)
:sl:

One of the basic principles of Islam is that one should wish for his brother/sister in Islam what one wishes for him/her. And this is what sister Kittygyal did. She's not being extremist when asking you to stop listening to music because music is haraam. Insha Allah the following thread may enlighten you:
http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/202...an-sunnah.html (Music and Singing in the Light of the Quran and Sunnah)

May Allah guide you and me to the right path. Aameen

:w:

SirZubair
09-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Palamoon, get a reality check.

Kittygyal, get a grip.

Kittygyal
09-22-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Kittygyal, get a grip.

I needed that!

Kittygyal
09-22-2007, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by itsme

One of the basic principles of Islam is that one should wish for his brother/sister in Islam what one wishes for him/her. And this is what sister Kittygyal did. She's not being extremist when asking you to stop listening to music because music is haraam. Insha Allah the following thread may enlighten you:
http://www.islamicboard.com/fiqh/202...an-sunnah.html (Music and Singing in the Light of the Quran and Sunnah)

May Allah guide you and me to the right path. Aameen

Finally i have someone with me... Thanks sis :thumbs_up
Some people don't appreciate it
Ma'assalama

itsme
09-23-2007, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Finally i have someone with me... Thanks sis :thumbs_up
Some people don't appreciate it
Ma'assalama

:)

sometimes you can't blame them. they find it difficult to accept the sacrifices they have to make in order to increase their iman. may Allah help them and us too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.