/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will my marriage be valid

NewJama
09-17-2007, 08:02 AM
will my marriage be valid if my husband ( borned and raised Jew) will say shahada and perform a Nikah with me BUT I suspect that deep inside he really doesnt care, just doing it for me, so I won't leave him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
09-17-2007, 10:31 AM
:sl:

We don't your husband sis, it would be impossible for us to give you an answer...

Looking4Peace
09-25-2007, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NewJama
will my marriage be valid if my husband ( borned and raised Jew) will say shahada and perform a Nikah with me BUT I suspect that deep inside he really doesnt care, just doing it for me, so I won't leave him?

I had this question once and never got an exact answer because everyones opinion was different including different answers from different Islamic scholars. i was going to marry a Christian but things did not work out between us anyway for other reasons. Only you know what is best and everything happens for a reason.

siFilam
09-25-2007, 01:18 AM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by NewJama
wrong place to ask sister, we are not scholars. best thing to do is take him to a local scholar and have him evaluate the situation.

anyways, why not look for a pious muslim brother to marry, he can benefit you in this world and in the hereafter. What I meant is that he can help you to be a better muslim. just a suggestion.

wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
09-25-2007, 01:45 AM
oh Br. fi Sabililla! where are you?

anyway in one of his posts he demonstrated (with proofs) that we have no business accusing those who say Shahadah. They are Muslims if they say shahadah and do what a Muslim is supposed to do.

God save us from the opinionated wannabes, I wont bother looking for his excellent post as it will be waste of effort in light of opinions of googlers unless, of course all posts except link to his post is deleted and thread made read only

wasalam

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
oh Br. fi Sabililla! where are you?

anyway in one of his posts he demonstrated (with proofs) that we have no business accusing those who say Shahadah. They are Muslims if they say shahadah and do what a Muslim is supposed to do.

God save us from the opinionated wannabes, I wont bother looking for his excellent post as it will be waste of effort in light of opinions of googlers unless, of course all posts except link to his post is deleted and thread made read only

wasalam
excellent answer.

Now to look at the forum FAQs:

12.This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources.
rather than risk the chance that some well intentioned person may give erroneous advice it is best to close the thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.