/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is fallin in love harm?

sonia
09-17-2007, 11:09 AM
is fallin in love harm?:embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
09-17-2007, 11:11 AM
:salamext:

Love in itself is not haraam. But love before marriage....it depends...the way i see it, if u just love the person and keep it to yourself or u dont go up2 them n say anything, then its fine. But if u've been 'with' them and done things with them...you know...then that isn't right.

Expand on your question a bit sis?

sonia
09-17-2007, 11:17 AM
a gal is in love wid a boy from her country, dese 2 person meet up n they do everyfing 2gether, so f u love sum1 n f u touch dat person , is it harm f their skin touch each other?

AnonymousPoster
09-17-2007, 11:25 AM
:sl:

You should always lower your gaze. you should not even look at the member of the opposite sex with desire or anything else.

n they do everyfing 2gether,
:skeleton: :skeleton:

I'm not sure what u mean by that, but you should not touch that person AT ALL. The Prophet (SAW) said; "It is better for a man to have a steel/iron nail hammered into his head rather than to touch a woman he is not mehram to." [Sahih]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-17-2007, 11:43 AM

I just wanna share this really nice urdu poem

Mohabbat koi gunnah to nahin
Agar ki jaaye asool se
Khuda ko bhee Mohabbat thee
Apne Rasool (SAW) se

"Love is not a sin
If it's done properly [islamically]
Even God had love
For His Prophet (SAW)"

:D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2007, 11:44 AM
love can make or break it

you gotta keep it under control, if you love someone b4 marriage then DONT ACT ON IT and if you do act on it then tell the WALI !!!! or talk 2 ur parents, approachin the girl/boy is the hugest fitnah you can unleash upon urself!!

00:00
09-17-2007, 11:52 AM

rozeena
09-17-2007, 01:31 PM
gud question sis?

sonia
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
so wat do u fink?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
hey its not about wat peple think, lol its about what Allah thinks. Ask a scholar!!

------
09-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Read above Sonia, anonymous and IbnAbdulHakim have given good advice.

abbas_ali
09-17-2007, 01:42 PM
I always thought it was ok unless you acted upon it...you know what i mean. If you fall in love and don't do 'zina' i think is the correct arabic word and speak to your parents about arranging something or whatever then i think its ok.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2007, 01:45 PM
^ yeah fallin in love itself cannot be helped... its jus a feeling..

but if u act on it n do haram, then thats ur fault :p and dont expect to be wiv the one u love afta doin haram, thats jus fishy logic

islamirama
09-17-2007, 02:42 PM
I think what you guys are missing is the whole concept/process of love.

What is love? how does one fall in love?

Ponder over this for a moment....

To fall in love...one must look at the other person and continue to do so

Prophet(s) said to Ali Ibn Abi Talib, "O Ali! Do not let the second look follow the first. The first look is allowed to you but not the second." (Tirmithi, Ahmad and Abu Dawud)

The Prophet(s) said: “The eye may commit zina, and its zina is looking.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Nikaah, 1840; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, no. 1884).

Allah (SWT) is speaking to us directly: "Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty, that will make for greater purity for them...Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...O you believers! Turn you all together towards Allah that you may attain success"(24:30,31)

For help see - How to Lower our Gaze
To fall in love...one must spend time together to get to "know" each other

Umar related that Rasulullah said: "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Shaytan makes a third." (Tirmidhi).

Also, Ibn Abbas related that Rasulullah said: "Not one of you should meet a woman alone unless she is accompanied by a relative within the prohibited degrees." (Bukhari, Muslim).

To fall in love..one engages in physical closeness

Rasulullah S.A.W. said, "It is better for a man that a steel nail be driven through the center of his head rather than if he touches the palm of a strange women."

Prophet S.A.W. said, "The one who touches the hand of a woman without having a lawful relationship with her, will have an ember placed on his palm on the Day of Judgment." (Takmalah, Fath alQadir)

So in simple terms, to fall in love means to break all islamic rules and do everything haram and that is just the start, what about when you are "in love"?

The above is the kuffar way of love that many muslims fall into these days. To love someone because of their character and how much good you know of them rather then staring at them and getting "to know" them in person is different.

And if someone is looking to get married, then do it islamically, like...

7 Etiquettes of Seeking a Spouse: An Islamic Perspective

------
09-17-2007, 02:51 PM

VERY good advice, Jazaak Allaah Khayr! :)

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2007, 03:15 PM
hey islamirama, what if the person wasnt aware of the haram n den falls into it?

den the feelin will be engraved inside, but its just a matter of not acting upon it...

islamirama
09-17-2007, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
hey islamirama, what if the person wasnt aware of the haram n den falls into it?

den the feelin will be engraved inside, but its just a matter of not acting upon it...
Firstly, one has to see if it's something worth keeping or not. If you fall for a corrupt immoral person, then your kin has every right in trying to stop you from making that "stupid" mistake. anyways, read on...

Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “there is nothing better for two who love one another than marriage” (Saheeh al-Jaami’, no 5200), nevertheless, this love should not be overwhelming and cause a person to forget other characteristics which he should look for in the person he wants to marry.

more @ http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=5240&ln=eng

Rafeeq
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
i think ur answer is given above sis. It is not acceptable, concludially

bewildred
09-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I take it that no one of those who said falling in love is haraam never ever experienced love.

It's so wonderful to fall in love with a righteous person who becomes your legal partner in life. You love the pious person who educates your kids under the islamic rules. Whom inspires nothing but respect.

It's good to see things from a positive perspective. The corrupt one kinda darkens the human relationships.

Bewildred

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonia
Asalamu alykum.

its not haram to fall in love because thats a natural human emotion, but if the person who ur in love is not ur spouse then its how you act upon ur love that u will be called to account in the day of calamity.

bearing in mind that real love is when u stick with a someone through thick and thin, the rest is lustful desires that can (sometimes) blind the heart.

farhan2
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
so when in love.. and indeed ready the main solution would be to get married.. as long as your partner to be feels the same way right.. to put it boldly

Intisar
09-17-2007, 10:16 PM
:sl: Well, sis, if you're engaging in unlawful acts prohibited in Islaam and don't plan on marrying the person you're in love with then it is haraam. Think of it this way, is your love for Allah stronger than your love for his creation? Allah is the best of planners, and if you leave something fisabililah, Allah has something better in store for you. :peace: :w:

farhan2
09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Well said sis :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-17-2007, 10:23 PM
:sl:

The act of falling in love itself is NOT haram simply because it is something which we as humans have no control over. So we will not be held accountable for falling in love, but we will be held accountable for how we react to that love, wheter we do things the correct way (marriage, talk to Wali etc) or incorrect (Zina, pre-marital relationships etc).

Love is not unknown and the scholars of Islaam have written books on it and discussed this subject deeply, and the first love that is recognized in Islaam is the love between the Messenger (saws) and his wife Aisha r.a..

Mentioned in Bukhari, narrated Abu Uthman:
Allah’s Apostle sent ‘Amr bin Al As as the commander of the troops of Dhat-us-Salasil. ‘Amr bin Al-’As said, “(On my return) I came to the Prophet and said, ‘Which people do you love most?’ He replied, ‘Aisha.’ I said, ‘From amongst the men?’ He replied, ‘Her father (Abu Bakr)’.
Imam Muhammad Ibn Shaab az Zuhri said,
“The first love that was ever recognized and known is the love between Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) and A’isha (r.a.)”
The Messenger salalahu alaihiwassalam when speaking about his wife Khadija said: “Verily, I was filled with love for her.”

Ibn Qayyim says in Jawab Al Kafi:
“When we speak of rulings of love, we must describe two things. One is optional and one is not. The optional love is what leads to love (eyesight, association, etc.) and this is the love that you have to beware of (for it may lead to unlawful acts.) The non optional love, if it happens by the sudden look, or natural passions that develop, you cannot be blamed for it, but it’s how you react to it that Allah will hold you to accountable for.
So if you love someone, the most correct course is marriage. Talk to the person's Wali and get married Bi'Idhnillah because the Messenger said:
For those who love each other, nothing has proven as good as marriage.
(Sunan Ibn Majah)

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2007, 10:28 PM
"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah.

And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.

And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him.

And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

-Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyya

jb17
09-27-2007, 05:50 AM
just dont.. do it. its not your fault you love this person. do they love you back?

I_notGenerous
09-27-2007, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonia
Hii..I do not see any harm in falling in love. Unless if he is a married man or a married woman. Cheers!:D

InToTheRain
09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by I_notGenerous
Hii..I do not see any harm in falling in love. Unless if he is a married man or a married woman. Cheers!:D
Wrong! There is no harm in falling in love with falling in love with some one of the opposite sex who is Married...So long as you are married to them. :D

:w:

AnonymousPoster
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by I_notGenerous
I do not know what specific connotation you have in mind when you say this. I however would like you to know that Islam does not like that any intimate relationship should be created between a lady and a gentlemen before marriage. We—the servants of God are to live a pure and good life in order to attain inner purification. Islam repels the very idea of having an intimate relationship before marriage because it divests you of your purity of heart. We must know that this life is transitory in nature. It is a prelude to that life which is eternal and lasting. We must be well conscious of what we do in this life. Anything which is against morality will strictly be dealt with in the Hereafter. The only thing we need to keep in mind is that while marriage is a sacred bond, extramarital relationship is filth, which is abhorrent and intolerable.
:w:

Al-Zaara
09-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Selam aleykum,

Fall in love? I'd rather fall in chocolate. :p

I think the best answers have already been given, and if I remember correctly this question has been discussed before in this forum...

If further questions, make a new thread or ask me to re-open this thread sister.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.