/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from an Atheist

Draco
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I am an atheist hoping to have interesting debates with Muslims and people of other faiths. I am particularly interested in Islam as a faith given it's position in our current climate. I have some close muslim friends and most of my opinions about Islam has come from speaking to them and from the media.

Regards.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome to LI, Draco. I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

m102313
09-17-2007, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Welcome to LI Draco!

Hope a have a wonderful stay here with us :D

BTW, What country you from ?

:w:

czgibson
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to LI. I'm sure you'll find it an interesting place to be - there are lots of people to learn from here.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rozeena
09-17-2007, 03:41 PM
welcome to da forum,

Draco
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm from the UK - I shall add this to my profile.

'Abd al-Baari
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Draco!

Welcome to the forums! :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay. Heres a site which explains Islam that you might want to look at www.beconvinced.com

P.S
Is Draco your real name..i always thought it only existed in the world of Harry Potter :D

Draco
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907
Hey Draco!

Welcome to the forums! :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay. Heres a site which explains Islam that you might want to look at www.beconvinced.com

P.S
Is Draco your real name..i always thought it only existed in the world of Harry Potter :D
No it's not - but Draco was also an Athenian who apperently lived over 2000 years ago - perhaps that's where the name came from in the Potter books (not that I've read them!)

Kittygyal
09-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Is this Simon by any chance:?

Draco
09-17-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Is this Simon by any chance:?
Er no? Who's Simon?

Anwarica
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Welcome Draco :)
We are waiting for your posts :)

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Welcome Draco. Did you know Draco is an Arabic word and that there is a constellation named after you?

It is always good to see Non-Muslims come to learn about us. You may find this hard to believe. but, we are people and each of us is an individual. You will find a wide variety of us here.

Bet, you never expected to find a Texas Cowboy as a Moderator on an Islamic Forum.

Quite a few Texans are Muslim. Islam has no race or nationality.

Kittygyal
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Draco
Er no? Who's Simon?
Greetings.
Well a good mate of mine who uses the same nick 'Draco' and is an Atheist and lives in UK :uuh: Never mind Blad...

Take it easy welcome in and have fun dude :shade:

Take care

Draco
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is always good to see Non-Muslims come to learn about us. You may find this hard to believe. but, we are people and each of us is an individual.
I don't find that hard to believe - should I?

Bet, you never expected to find a Texas Cowboy as a Moderator on an Islamic Forum.

Quite a few Texans are Muslim. Islam has no race or nationality.
That is an interesting combination - are you of Muslim parents or did you convert at some point in your life?

Rizzy
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
hi draco :) welcum 2 tha forums. Ru a convert? or goin 2 convert 2 islam? :D

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't find that hard to believe - should I?

That is an interesting combination - are you of Muslim parents or did you convert at some point in your life?
I reverted when I was 65 years old. Took me a while to realize I was Muslim. A Muslim does not convert to Islam, we just come to the realization that we were always Muslim and did not know it. Once we discover that we are Muslim we simply revert back to where we belong.

I never did make it to atheist in my life but I did spend nearly 40 years of my life as an Agnostic who called himself a Buddhist.

My original background was as a Christian of Lithuanian/European parents. More specifically predomenatly Lietuva Lipkas (Lithuanian Tatar) See:

http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/...ichi/title.htm

http://www.kresy.co.uk/lith_tatars.html

A couple hundred years ago my ancesters were Muslim, but my parents were roman Catholic and I was raised Catholic.

Draco
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RIZWANAdaBEST
hi draco :) welcum 2 tha forums. Ru a convert? or goin 2 convert 2 islam? :D
Hi, I'm an atheist with no plans to convert.

Draco
09-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I never did make it to atheist in my life but I did spend nearly 40 years of my life as an Agnostic who called himself a Buddhist.

A couple hundred years ago my ancesters were Muslim, but my parents were roman Catholic and I was raised Catholic.
Why did you revert back to Islam? It's interesting because you've experienced other faiths and belief systems.

Woodrow
09-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Why did you revert back to Islam? It's interesting because you've experienced other faiths and belief systems.
I love languages and have been a long time addict of linguistics. After reading the Qur'an many times as a Study of Arabic Liturature and re-reading it when I was 65. I was overwhelmed with the truth of it and said the Shahadah.

Abdul Fattah
09-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi Draco welcome to the forum.
The comparative religion section will probably be the section which interests you most it's the place on the forum where debate from both sides is allowed, whereas other sections are either not about Islam or only allow Islamic views. Unfortunatly for you, the section is just closed. See the section can get rather heated from time to time, and since Ramadan is supposed to be not only a time for fasting but also a time to work on other aspects of the faith it has been decided to close the section temporarily for the Muslim poster's sake. So debate will have to wait, there's no problem with informative questions though :)

Abdul-Raouf
09-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Hi DraCo

ranma1/2
09-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Hello,

I am an atheist hoping to have interesting debates with Muslims and people of other faiths. I am particularly interested in Islam as a faith given it's position in our current climate. I have some close muslim friends and most of my opinions about Islam has come from speaking to them and from the media.

Regards.
Howdy,
Good to some others are joining our ranks on the darkside..
he he..

enjoy.

Al_Imaan
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.