/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oudah Denounces Bin Laden’s Ideology

S_87
09-17-2007, 06:25 PM
:sl:

BURAIDAH, 17 September 2007 — In a major blow to the ideology of Osama Bin Laden and his followers in the Kingdom, Sheikh Salman ibn Fahad Al-Oudah, a popular Saudi religious scholar, has criticized the way in which Bin Laden has ruined Islam’s global image. “We as scholars of Islam reject what Osama does,” Al-Oudah wrote in an open letter posted on his website www.islamtoday.com. Al-Oudah also questioned the validity of Al-Qaeda using violence. “What have we gained from the destruction of a whole country such as Iraq and Afghanistan?” Al-Oudah said, adding that these wars have led to civil wars in the region. “Who benefits from turning countries like Saudi Arabia, Algeria, and Morocco into insecure places?” he asked.

Many experts considered the letter as a major setback to Al-Qaeda’s ideology, as it comes from an influential Saudi scholar, who is not part of the official religious establishment.

“Brother Osama. How many wars and how much bloodshed have occurred in the name of Al-Qaeda? How many innocents, old men, children are killed in the name of Al-Qaeda? Are you happy to meet God carrying this heavy burden on your shoulders?” Al-Oudah asked.

He also criticized the Al-Qaeda leader’s lust for power at the expense of thousands of Muslims, who have been killed in wars initiated by Al-Qaeda. “Who is responsible for promoting the culture of killing and violence that has led to the destruction of families and societies? Who is responsible for the youths sent to wars leaving their crying mothers and sons?” Al-Oudah said.

“The attacks of Sept. 11 resulted in the deaths of thousands of human beings. Unknown callers to Islam (missionaries) are by far better. They help tens of thousands become Muslims without shedding blood,” he said.

Al-Oudah further slammed Al-Qaeda’s violent philosophy and attributed a decrease in the work of Islamic charities to Al-Qaeda. “Who is responsible for pursuing every charitable project in the world?” he said, adding that Al-Qaeda is responsible for filling prisons with Muslim youth — a phenomenon that will lead only to more violent and extremist acts.

Al-Oudah expressed sorrow over the current negative image of Islam saying that it has been severely damaged because of Al-Qaeda’s violent acts. “The image of Islam is not the one it used to be. The world is talking of Muslims killing non-Muslims. Even the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not kill hypocrites who were mentioned in the Qur’an for fear of people describing the Prophet as a man who kills his companions,” Al-Oudah reminded Bin Laden in his letter.
http://arabnews.com/?page=1&section=...=17&m=9&y=2007

his letter
http://www.islamtoday.net/pen/show_a...95&artid=10136

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
09-17-2007, 06:39 PM
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
Always good to see this kind of stuff.
:thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

islamirama
09-17-2007, 07:03 PM
interesting...

I like to ask the sheikh something as well in his own words...

How many wars and how much bloodshed has been avoided by the arab leaders being mute to western invasions and atrocities of in the Muslim world? how many innocents, old men, children, women and families wiped out becuase arab leaders gave their land as bases for kuffars to bomb and attack other Muslim nations. How many scholars have condemned the western terrorism and arab leader's turning blind eye to the ummah? Are you happy to meet God carrying this heavy burden on your shoulders?

Allah will not ask the sheiks nor osama but the people, the victims of the bombings and invasions and oppression. are you ready for their answer?

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
how many innocents, old men, children, women and families wiped out becuase arab leaders gave their land as bases for kuffars to bomb and attack other Muslim nations.
I guess that would depend if you always assume that Muslims are always the victoms and all Kuffar's actions are wrong and unjustified because all Muslims are always good and never do anything wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
09-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Lol, Shaykh Salmaan used to favour Al-Qaa'ida before right? Anyways, JazaakAllaah Khayr for posting...good stuff...

islamirama
09-17-2007, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I guess that would depend if you always assume that Muslims are always the victoms and all Kuffar's actions are wrong and unjustified because all Muslims are always good and never do anything wrong.
There's good kuffars out there too, sorry your not one of them.

But these brave and real heroes are, against the real terrorists

ahsan28
09-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Muslims are always the victoms
:cry: That we all say, but you don't believe :cry:

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
There's good kuffars out there too, sorry your not one of them.

But these brave and real heroes are, against the real terrorists
I concider called 'not a good Kuffar' by you a real complement. Thank you. :giggling:

More 'I hate Israel' stuff. How origional.

amille40
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Was very happy to read this post :) He says groups like Al-Qaeda smear the image of Islam in the world,so its nice to see letters like this that fight to restore that image.

ahsan28
09-17-2007, 08:18 PM

More 'I hate Israel' stuff. How origional.
Your eagerness to discuss zionists and their illegal state is more pronounced than us :D

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
Your eagerness to discuss zionists and their illegal state is more pronounced than us :D
Na, you can't discuss anything with someone that only looks at facts that support there view. :hiding:

islamirama
09-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Na, you can't discuss anything with someone that only looks at facts that support there view. :hiding:
Rachel Corrie bulldozed by zionists for protecting a Palestinian home on Palestinian land being confiscated for more illegal settlements. seems to me like the only one here who can't seem to look at anything but "facts" supporting his views is you.

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Rachel Corrie bulldozed by zionists for protecting a Palestinian home on Palestinian land being confiscated for more illegal settlements. seems to me like the only one here who can't seem to look at anything but "facts" supporting his views is you.
Na, you just assume I'm pro-Israel. Just goes to show how little you know. :?

There just arn't any good guys in that fight. :hmm:

Please tell me how your hatred of Israel relates to Osama Bin Laden?

You see, it has nothing to do with the topic.
But every thing must turn in to "Why I hate Israel" comments.

I'm beginning to think you have to hate Israel and refuse to see any problems created by the Palestinians to be a Muslim.

Amadeus85
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
It took that Sheik some years to condemn Osama.I wonder what he was thinking before.

ahsan28
09-17-2007, 08:42 PM

You do agree that facts are different from the fantasies, don't you :rollseyes

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
You do agree that facts are different from the fantasies, don't you :rollseyes
What fantasies? All Muslims are good, because if they arn't good they aren't Muslims. :-\
And are we talking about OBL or Israel. At this point, it is hare to tell. :giggling:

ahsan28
09-17-2007, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
It took that Sheik some years to condemn Osama.I wonder what he was thinking before.
BCZ he never knew that OBL worked for CIA during Afghan Jehad.

bewildred
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Sighs. Nowadays, nothing is really genuine. Difficult to discern between the official speech that generally follows the actual diktats and the speech preached in mosques and underground hideaways.

I personally think that too much importance is given to the opinions of some so-called religious leaders. As long as humble people like us have opinions and enough common sense,several fake condemnations will always be mere words.

Bewildred

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 08:49 PM
BCZ he never knew that OBL worked for CIA during Afghan Jehad.
And you asked about fantasies? Da.

I would assume that since you are looking for excuses, at least part of you is an OBL supporter. :?

ahsan28
09-17-2007, 08:56 PM
And you asked about fantasies? Da.

I would assume that since you are looking for excuses, at least part of you is an OBL supporter. :?
What makes you think that???

Im quite clear Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. The resistance movements need to be seen in the political perspective, not to be weighed on religious scale.

wilberhum
09-17-2007, 09:03 PM
What makes you think that???

Im quite clear Islam has nothing to do with terrorism. The resistance movements need to be seen in the political perspective, not to be weighed on religious scale.
Tell OBL that. I don't question for one second that he thinks he is pleasing Allah.

PS: Islam is also a political system. :?

S_87
09-17-2007, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
Hi

well if you look at his site (islamtoday.com) he has condemned terrorism before. this is a sheikh that has been in jail before and who reports have said usama bin laden looked upto.
now though he has changed his views and although he has spoken condemning terrorism this i think is the first time he has really 'spoken out' :)

seeker_of_ilm
09-17-2007, 09:17 PM
:sl:

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.