/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Job

Mpls_Muslim
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters, I have a question for you, is it haram for me to take a job for a say Lutheran Educational facility ?

I know this sounds trivial, but it is an hones question. Please advise me on this, I have an interview today and want to know if it is something that I should persue.

Thanks

WasSalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM
wa'salaam

1. need more info, plz elaborate

2. try islamqa.com

sevgi
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mpls_Muslim
:sl: brothers and sisters, I have a question for you, is it haram for me to take a job for a say Lutheran Educational facility ?

I know this sounds trivial, but it is an hones question. Please advise me on this, I have an interview today and want to know if it is something that I should persue.

Thanks

WasSalam
i have no idea...

but here are some questions for u to ponder on..

will the things u need to do there promote 'lutheranness'?
will the things u do there add to their productivity in lutheranness?
will u be given an honest pay, or do they enter into haraam dealings?
what do they educate on?
what will i bring forward for this company and how will it affect them?

etc...

peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2007, 04:09 PM
bro wats a lutheran educational facility?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salaam
09-18-2007, 04:10 PM
i think its some kind of church.

Mpls_Muslim
09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
:sl: yea it is some sort of church organization, I would be interviewing for a janitorial position, so no I will not be promoting the religon, and so forth. It would be an honest wage, and I do not know what they educate on.

Abdulah

sevgi
09-18-2007, 06:34 PM
salams...

i dnt think there is anything wrong with that....but thats my opinion.

you mite even be effective by promoting urself as a really good muslim...

lol...try not to get preechy...u mite scare them off...:D

Woodrow
09-18-2007, 06:46 PM
:sl:

Minnesota has a very large Lutheran population. I am quite certain it is the predominate religion there. Most likely you will be working either with or for Lutherans no amtter where you work in Minnesota.

so the questions that need to be asked:

will you be required to do anything haram?

will you be prevented from doing what you need to do as a Muslims (Prayers etc)?

If you can answer no to those 2 questions, it will be no more dangerous and maybe even less dangerous to your Imaan, than any other job in Minnesota.

Salaam
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
brother i think its best to ask your local imam.

Woodrow
09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
brother i think its best to ask your local imam.
:w:

Best advice on the thread. the local Imam should be aware of the organization and the issues of living in a Lutheran area. Your best source for information as it relates to your situation.

sevgi
09-18-2007, 11:36 PM
i fear he may well be far into his interview by now....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!