/* */

PDA

View Full Version : All I Can Say Is Wow

nadia85
09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Salam all,As some of u might knw I am a british/english muslim with white parents my mum converted to islam when i was 6 ,I spent mot of my childhood in muslim country and knw i am living back in Uk,what I have seen has shocked me I ave been told by a born muslim I have no right in being muslim as some one cant be muslim unless they where born muslim and I have no right in saying Allah name WOW what is this some one plzzzzz say

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
swanlake
09-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Salaam aleykum sister

They are just being ignorant. Do you think Abu Bakr Siddiq (ra) was born into Islam or Ali (ra) or Uthman (ra) or Umar (ra)? Do you think the companions of the prophet were born into Islam or have they reverted?

Woodrow
09-19-2007, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
Salam all,As some of u might knw I am a british/english muslim with white parents my mum converted to islam when i was 6 ,I spent mot of my childhood in muslim country and knw i am living back in Uk,what I have seen has shocked me I ave been told by a born muslim I have no right in being muslim as some one cant be muslim unless they where born muslim and I have no right in saying Allah name WOW what is this some one plzzzzz say
:w:

Speak directly and firmly to that person and say "You are correct, a person has to be born Muslim. We are all children of Adam(PBUH) the first Muslim and the first prophet. We are all born Muslim. I did not convert to Islam, I reverted back to what I was born as."

------
09-19-2007, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allah Woodrow bhai! Thats a wicked statement!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2007, 12:06 PM
someone like that needs to be educated, i would recommend having patience and telling him islam is for everyone, who ever believes is welcome to it.

BR woodrow has put it beautifully :)

rozeena
09-19-2007, 12:23 PM
sis, how old is the person hu sed u cant b muslim unles ur born a muslim??? sounds like a little kid to me, n if it is den ignore him! u knw wt kids r like lol. but seriously der jus bein silly!

nadia85
09-19-2007, 12:27 PM
No it was no kid It was a mother of a little 2 year old boy,It just sad

nadia85
09-19-2007, 12:28 PM
When she was talking to me about this she had soooo much hate in her her face totaly changed she really meant what she was saying

rozeena
09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
No it was no kid It was a mother of a little 2 year old boy,It just sad
oh! dats reali shockin,:omg:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
ignore it sis seriously, these people are lacking education greatly!

MHASALEK
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
It's sad how ignorance can lead people to say things...

rozeena
09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MHASALEK
It's sad how ignorance can lead people to say things...
true say sis,

------
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Its a bro sis rozeena! :p

This is pathetic honestly.....what nationality was that woman btw, just out of interest?

MHASALEK
09-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Don't take any heed of such people dear sister. If you can, gently show them the error of their ways... If you have any queries, or confusions, don't just depend on anyone - try and verify whatever information you get. Islam is the religion of truth, and verification is possible nearly always. May Allah give us the strength to endure against such arrogance and ignorance, and become better muslims.
Keep up the good work dear sister.
Jazakallah Khairun, Assalamu'alaykum.

Woodrow
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
When she was talking to me about this she had soooo much hate in her her face totaly changed she really meant what she was saying
That can be said to be prejudice. Keep in mind prejudice is simply ignorance spelled by a person who does not know how to spell ignorance.

Use Ramadan to make Du'as that she may receive guidance and knowledge. Become her teacher and guide through your actions and words. Do not argue with her, but if given the chance ask her to show you one ayyat or one hadith that a person can not revert to Islam.

Her opinion is hers alone and it is she who will have to account for why she chooses to remain ignorant.

YusufNoor
:sl:

you might have corrected her and said, "oh no, youve confused Islam with hypocracy! and you're right. it's best if you are born into it as it takes soo long to learn!!!!" :heated:

actually, as Khalid Yasin always talks about, most Muslims are practicing Jahilliya and NOT Islam. they practice what their fathers taught them, who are practicing what their fathers taught them. (sound familiar?)

Mufti Ismail Menk says that when your Islam is being attacked then Allah(swt) is giving you a little taste of what the RasoolAllah(saws) went through! so say Alhumdulillah and make du'a for the poor Muslims that have lost their way and ask Allah(swt) to insure that you NEVER join their ranks!!!!

:w:

rozeena
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Its a bro sis rozeena! :p

This is pathetic honestly.....what nationality was that woman btw, just out of interest?
i am sooo sorri, i fink its da picture on the brothers avatar dats confusin me wid unknown JJ.

im sorri brother,

nadia85
09-19-2007, 01:31 PM
she is pakistian born in uk

rozeena
09-19-2007, 01:35 PM

why did she say it 2 u sis? do u n knw her or she jus sed it out of da blue?

------
09-19-2007, 01:35 PM

:lol: I aint saying anything else :X

rozeena
09-19-2007, 01:39 PM

lol! yeh lets jus keep it at dat LOL!

nadia85
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
No I knw her for aboyt 8 months we chat some times about gernal things and i been to her house few times ,and I can say she is a kind person but has a strange belive that only born muslims r muslim

------
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM

Then she is not educated properly in Islaam, in that part of Islaam anyways. Ignore her sis.

ABWAN
09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Well its apparent that she is either ignorant or was so mad to blurt out such an ignorant statement.

Hate breeds hate. You could either reply back to her OR choose to remain silent and smile back at her and just leave. If I were you, I would try the latter as thats perhaps one of the easy ways to earn more rewards. Its perhaps also time to change your circle of friends.

nadia85
09-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Yes I just smiled and said nothing may b I shoul have said something I am not sure ,she has also in the past made statment like white ppl r dirty there houses r not clean

ahsan28
09-19-2007, 02:24 PM

:ooh: :ooh: :ooh:

ahsan28
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM

“The servants of the Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, ‘Peace!’”

That is the best option :D

------
09-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Source? lol

ahsan28
09-19-2007, 02:53 PM

Source? lol
Amongst the initial verses of Surah Baqara :D

Rafeeq
09-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Dear Sis

Asalam U Alikum

You are muslim and there is no controvercy in it. I would like to go one more step forward, muslims who reverted back are more better in many aspects then we born muslims. For me, man should be muslim by understanding not by birth. I do not feel just being born muslim it will save him/her from the fire of hell.

Masalam

Haidar_Abbas
09-19-2007, 07:25 PM
:sl: alhamdulillah al islam is our birthrights and we cannot be denied being muslims! i say to that ...ALLAHU AKBAR!! :sl:

tomtomsmom
09-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Sis that is awful!!!! Have you thought of getting together some info for her that you can give her the next time you see her?

Sheba
09-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Would suggest buying her a copy of the Quran (or translation) and suggesting (kindly) that she read it.

So many people who profess to follow Islam really have no idea regarding it. Which I think is lack of understanding of the Quran and following blindly through ignorance.

Al-Zaara
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes I just smiled and said nothing may b I shoul have said something I am not sure ,she has also in the past made statment like white ppl r dirty there houses r not clean
Selam aleykum sister,

She's obviously racist against white people! :offended: She has a prejudice opinion about whites (or British?) in general and because you're a Muslimah and white, makes her confused, she wonders if you're for real or just a lying white girl...

Everything is said I guess.. Advices given are good. You know best about the situation so try the advices when you find them most appropriate. InshaAllah you'll be successful!

-Elle-
09-25-2007, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rafeeq
Dear Sis

For me, man should be muslim by understanding not by birth. I do not feel just being born muslim it will save him/her from the fire of hell.

Masalam
Exactly,you should understand why you're a muslim...it's not only a title.It's a shame some people don't get that.

Im sorry you had to go through that sis :( Honestly,I don't understand where this hostility is coming from...especially considering the fact that she's muslim.Don't people know that we're all brothers and sisters in islam,no matter how you were brought to islam or whatever origin you're from...sheesh...

Oh well,keep you're head up high,and like the others have said,don't mind her;)

Abdul Fattah
09-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Actually, it's the other way around: everybody is born a muslim! Some are just raised differently. That is why we refer to people who convert to Islam as re-verts because they are coming back to their natural way of life. The natural way of life, that is to submit to Allah subhana wa ta'ala. And Islam is a religion for the whole of mankind.

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). (Qur'an 49:13)

So Allah subhana wa ta'ala made black and white not for the purpose of us despising one another. immediately after that there's a line saying the most honored is the most righteous. So instead of seeing some people as superior/inferior based on race we should only see them as superior/inferior based on their deeds. Yet another verse from teh Qur'an that has "perfection" written all over it.

For me, man should be muslim by understanding not by birth. I do not feel just being born muslim it will save him/her from the fire of hell.
Muslim as in "submitting" is achieved by birth. That is because a baby submits completely to the will of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Only after a certain age can the child begin to stray away from the righteous path due to shaytan's meddling.

jb17
09-27-2007, 05:48 AM
sorry but that person was just being ridiculous. you have every right to be Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!