/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did You??

- Qatada -
09-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Did You? A Daily Reminder for the Believer

Husayn al-Awaa'ishah

(this is in the cyber counselling section because if someone applies this in their life it will help them a great deal insh Allah.)

Have you read any part of the book of Allaah today?

After every prayer do you recite Dhikr?

Do you observe the regular Sunnah prayers before and after the Fard prayers?

Did you concentrate on your prayer today and really think about the words you were saying?

Did you remember the Last Day and its terrors?

Did you ask Allah (SWT) three times to admit you to Paradise? For whoever asks Allaah (SWT) to admit him to Paradise, Paradise says, "O Allaah, admit him to Paradise!" [1]

Have you asked Allaah (SWT) three times to protect you from the punishment of Hell? Whoever does that, Hell says: "O Allaah, protect him from Hell" [2]

Have you read anything from the Hadith of the Prophet (SAAS)?

Have you thought of distancing yourself from bad gatherings?

Have you tried to avoid laughing and joking excessively?

Have you wept today for fear of Allaah (SWT)?

Have you recited Dhikr for morning and evening?

Have you asked Allaah (SWT) for forgiveness for your sins today?

Have you asked Allaah(SWT) sincerely for martyrdom? For the Messenger of Allaah (SAAS) said: "Whoever asks Allaah sincerely for martyrdom, Allaah will give him the status of a martyr, even if he dies in his bed" [Muslim]

Have you asked Allaah (SWT) to make your heart strong in faith?

Have you made the most of the hours during which especially Allaah (SWT) will answer your prayers?

Have you bought a new Islamic book from which you will learn more about your religion?

Have you asked forgiveness for the believers, men and women, because for every believing man and believing woman, for whom you ask forgiveness, there will be a reward?

Have you praised Allaah (SWT) for the blessing of Islam?

Have you praised Allaah for the blessing of hearing, sight, reason and all his blessings?

Have you given charity today to the poor and needy?

Have you refrained from getting angry for your own sake, and only got angry for the sake of Allaah (SWT)?

Have you avoided being proud and arrogant?

Have you visited any of your brothers (sisters) in Islam?

Have you prayed to Allaah (SWT) for your brothers (sisters) and neighbours, and anyone else you are in touch with?

Have you treated your parents with love and kindness?

Have you responded to any calamity by saying: Inna Lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un / To Allaah we belong, and to Him is our return? [al-Baqaraah 2:156] [3]

Have you prayed this du'a today? "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika 'an ushrika bika wa ana a'lam, wa astaghfiruka lima la a'lam" [O Allah, I seek refuge with you from knowingly associating anything with You, and ask Your forgiveness if I have unwittingly done so]

For whoever says this, Allaah (SWT) will remove from him both major and minor forms of Shirk. [4]
Do you pray Fajr in the Mosque every day, in congregation?

Do you observe every prayer in the mosque in congregation?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Amatullah
09-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Mash'Allah Jazak'Allah.Subhan'Allah most of these I don't even do myself :omg: :omg: :omg:.May Allah guide us all ameen :D :D :D

F.Y.
09-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Lovely, I hope we can all implement these in our life, ameen. It also kind of reminds me of the nasheed by Dawud Wharnsby.

What Did I Do Today?

Oh the moon has come
The day is done
The night has covered up the sun.
I have stood so often before you to pray
But I wonder Allah, tell me, what did I do today?
Did I remember the words of Al-Fatiha?
Did I take time to thank you for all that I have?
Did I call on you to guide my way?
Tell me, what did I do today?

I has whispered to you
As I made ruku
Subhana Rabiy'yal adheem.
But was my faith
Bright or grey?
Oh Allah, tell me, what did I do today?
Did I smile at my brother?
Was I kind to my mother?
Did I teach another something that I know
Or did my love of this world lead me astray?
Tell me, what did I do today?

Sami Allah hu liman hamida
Rabanna lakal hamd.
Sami Allah hu liman hamida
Rabanna lakal hamd.
La illaha il Allah.
La illaha il Allah.

Though I've bowed to you
with my face in the dust,
subhana raby'yal a'la
Did I turn to you
And did I obey?
Did I use my mind?
Did I use my time?
If I search my heart what will I find?
The light of your guidance is a glimmering ray,
Tell me, what did I do toady?

- Qatada -
09-12-2005, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
not quite a reason :)

btw something similar was posted here :
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost.php?p=74509
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

lol to be honest i put it in here by mistake :p just never wanted anyone to make a big deal out of it. :)

:w: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
:o

When did Zak become a MOD???

CONGRATULATIONS YAAR...

:D

Maryam22
07-03-2006, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Did You? A Daily Reminder for the Believer

:sl:
brother, do you have some refernces for these. i dont mean to sound stuck up.

lolwatever
07-03-2006, 07:59 AM
salams jazakallah khayr bro could u pls change the font color tho! lol the lime green is just horrendous.

it's like writing in a high lighter...

thanks alot
salam

muslim_friend
07-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Lol. I highlighted all the text and it became easier to read.. :happy:

- Qatada -
07-03-2006, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryam22
brother, do you have some refernces for these. i dont mean to sound stuck up.
:wasalamex

I got it from another site, but i don't think that it has a reference to it - but its just a reminder for the believer.

But most of the actions did probably come from authentic ahadith insha'Allaah, because none of them actions contradict any ahadith insha'Allaah - but rather they encourage them acts, and Allaah Almighty knows best.

:salamext:

Maryam22
07-04-2006, 02:38 AM
as for this one:
Have you prayed this du'a today? "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika 'an ushrika bika wa ana a'lam, wa astaghfiruka lima la a'lam" [O Allah, I seek refuge with you from knowingly associating anything with You, and ask Your forgiveness if I have unwittingly done so]

For whoever says this, Allaah (SWT) will remove from him both major and minor forms of Shirk.

...And he said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock. Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you, both minor and major forms of it. Say: Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam wastaghfiruka lima laa a’lam (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from associating anything with You knowingly, and I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I am unaware).”

Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2876.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

muslim_friend
07-04-2006, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryam22
as for this one:

For whoever says this, Allaah (SWT) will remove from him both major and minor forms of Shirk.

...And he said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock. Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you, both minor and major forms of it. Say: Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam wastaghfiruka lima laa a’lam (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from associating anything with You knowingly, and I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I am unaware).”

Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2876.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

JazakAllah khair..

------
07-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Jazakallah a wiked post and an excellent reminder!

07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR!!! Excellent reminder mashallah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!