/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Human rights activists and Islam

Bittersteel
09-10-2005, 04:48 PM
why do Human rights organisations dislike Islam?so much?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Genius
09-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Which?

Bare in mind many human rights organisations are hippy tree huggers who oppose stuff like capital punishment despite it being an appropriate punishment for most murderers.

Bittersteel
09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
^I am talking about those.Those who thinks adultery is okay.

root
09-10-2005, 05:16 PM
hippy tree huggers who oppose stuff like capital punishment despite it being an appropriate punishment for most murderers.
I disagree with this statement by Genius. Living in the UK I am very happy that we don't have a capital punishment system thus we don't execute innocent people...................

A murderer probably does deserve a death sentence, the issue is only that thier is not a justice system in the world that could prevent a miscarriage of justice and condemn an innocent man to his death..........

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
09-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Considering we dont have a proper Islamic state, I agree with you mate...

:)

And Abdul Aziz, most people think adultery is ok mate...

Muezzin
09-10-2005, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
And Abdul Aziz, most people think adultery is ok mate...
Apart from Muslims including TEH, Minaz and myself, I'd just like to clarify before someone gets super-pissed. :p

On-topic, care to provide some specifics about which particular Human Rights Organisations don't like Islam, Abdul Aziz? :)

Bittersteel
09-11-2005, 02:17 AM
well I don't know.Whenecer I hear a HRO speaking they say stuff like rights are violated in Islamic countries ,Islam does not give freedom,etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/pe...dy_art07.shtml

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-11-2005, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I disagree with this statement by Genius. Living in the UK I am very happy that we don't have a capital punishment system thus we don't execute innocent people...................

A murderer probably does deserve a death sentence, the issue is only that thier is not a justice system in the world that could prevent a miscarriage of justice and condemn an innocent man to his death..........
Hi Root,
Based on the authentic hadeeth of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), The punishment is not to be carried out in the presence of any doubt, Muslims only perform executions when there is complete certainty of the perpetrator.

Regards

:sl: Br. Abdul Aziz,
I have responded to the claims/objections against Shariah [Penal] law in the following thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=4498
If something has not been addressed, you can ask it in that thread.

As for HROs, you can't make a blanket statement that they dislike Islam - many have great respect and admiration for Islam. Some speak about about cultural injustices that occur in parts of the Muslim world, and those who don't understand Islamic law may object to it due to their ignorance.

The main objections of the article you cited are either based on inaccurate implementations of Shariah in certain countries, or the common objections on the severity of Islamic punishments which I have already responded to in the above thread.

:w:

Afr!can angel
09-11-2005, 10:20 AM
agree wid u bro all da way1 :)

Bittersteel
09-11-2005, 10:39 AM
thanks Ansar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.