/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iraq's youngest Shaheed.

Ummu Amatullah
09-11-2005, 01:51 AM
A pregnant, 40 years old Iraqi woman was shot by US military on August 10th, 2005 in the city of Mosul, northern Iraq, while in front of her house. The woman, who was in her 32nd week of pregnancy, was hit in her abdomen and collapsed immediately. As usual, US troops looked carelessly and walked away, not offering any help or medical care.

Bystanders then took the woman to the ER at the Republican Hospital in Mosul. The ER medical team performed a C-section in an attempt to save the fetus, but he was dead as the bullet had penetrated his chest and exited from his back.

Iraq Tunnel: The world is safer now, as another terrorist or maybe a potential aide to Zarqawi was terminated.

Great job guys in uniform. Your country is proud of you.(Sarcastic)

An Iraqi medical association on September 7, 2005 submitted the Article and pictures.

The original title of the article translates:

"The youngest Iraqi martyr: US occupation troops kills an 8 months old fetus in the womb"

It was published in its original Arabic text in Iraqi League (www.iraqirabita.org).

May Allah bless us all and admit us to Jannat ul-Firdaus. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-11-2005, 01:33 PM
:sl:

La Hawla wa laa Quwwata illah billah

i guess theyll say, if he had a chance to live hed become a terrorist :(

there are pictures, they are graphic so look at own risk :'(

http://www.iraqirabita.org/upload/2929.jpg
http://www.iraqirabita.org/upload/2927.jpg
http://www.iraqirabita.org/upload/2928.jpg

Ummu Amatullah
09-11-2005, 01:38 PM
sl:

i guess theyll say, if he had a chance to live hed become a terrorist :(
Asallama Alakium walahi sister that's so true.See this

Infants showing up on U.S. `no-fly' list

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON — Infants have been stopped from boarding planes at airports throughout the United States because their names are the same as, or similar to, those of possible terrorists on the government's "no-fly list."

It sounds like a joke, but it's not funny to parents who miss flights while scrambling to have babies' passports and other documents faxed.

Ingrid Sanden's one-year-old daughter was stopped in Phoenix before boarding a flight home to Washington at Thanksgiving.

"I completely understand the war on terrorism, and I completely understand people wanting to be safe when they fly," Sanden said. ``But focusing the target a little bit is probably a better use of resources."

The government's lists of people who are either barred from flying or require extra scrutiny before being allowed to board airplanes grew markedly since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Critics including the American Civil Liberties Union say the government doesn't provide enough information about the people on the lists, so innocent passengers can be caught up in the security sweep if they happen to have the same name as someone on the lists.

That can happen even if the person happens to be an infant like Sanden's daughter. (Children under two don't need tickets but Sanden purchased one for her daughter to ensure she had a seat.)
"It was bizarre," Sanden said. "I was hugely pregnant, and I was like, `We look really threatening'."

Sarah Zapolsky and her husband had a similar experience last month while departing from Dulles International Airport outside Washington. An airline ticket agent told them their 11-month-old son was on the government list.

They were able to board their flight after ticket agents took a half-hour to fax her son's passport and fill out paperwork.

"I understand that security is important," Zapolsky said. "But if they're just guessing, and we have to give up our passport to prove that our 11-month-old is not a terrorist, it's a waste of their time."

Well-known people like Senator Edward Kennedy, Democratic Representative John Lewis of Georgia, and David Nelson, who starred in the sitcom The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, have also been stopped at airports because their names match those on the lists.

The government has sought to improve its process for checking passengers since the Sept. 11 attacks. The first attempt was scuttled because of fears the government would have access to too much personal information. A new version, called Secure Flight, is being crafted.

But for now, airlines still have the duty to check passengers' names against those supplied by the government.

That job has become more difficult — since the 2001 attacks the lists have swollen from a dozen or so names to more than 100,000, according to people in the aviation industry who are familiar with the issue. They asked not to be identified by name because the exact number is restricted information.

S_87
09-11-2005, 01:41 PM

what.. that would be funny if it wasnt so sad

what is an 11 month old kid going to do? :huh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
09-11-2005, 01:46 PM
wa alaikum assalam

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. That's so sad :'(

Ummu Amatullah
09-11-2005, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

what.. that would be funny if it wasnt so sad

what is an 11 month old kid going to do? :huh:
Asallama Alaikum sis I think he/she was hiding a gun in their diapers. :D

sonofadam
09-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Nothing less is expected from the American Crusaders. May Allah hasten their destruction.

Ummu Amatullah
09-11-2005, 03:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonofadam
Nothing less is expected from the American Crusaders. May Allah hasten their destruction.
Ameen :) :thumbs_up

Ahmed_Yaseen
09-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Ameen

rhino91
02-22-2007, 09:47 PM
May Allah give him all he deserves as Allah is all merciful

KAding
02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, she was certainly not the first (and last) in the war. Many are likely to have died in the initial war in 2003 and there are reports of several more since then. And considering the frequent attacks on markets nowadays by the 'resistance', it is likely many more got killed, since I assume mostly women visit these markets?

This is from mere weeks after the occupation started in 2003:
Iraq says women killed troops
Two female suicide bombers carried out an attack which killed three coalition soldiers at a checkpoint north-west of Baghdad on Thursday, Iraq says.

A pregnant woman who ran from the car just before the explosion died in the blast as did the driver of the vehicle, who Iraq's official news agency said was also a woman.

The Arabic television station al-Jazeera broadcast separate videotapes of two Iraqi women, one saying she was seeking "martyrdom" and the other threatening a jihad or holy war against American, British and Israeli "infidels".

US Central Command in Qatar said the incident occurred on Thursday evening 18 kilometres from the Haditha Dam and about 130 km (80 miles) from the Iraq-Syria border.

"A pregnant female stepped out of the vehicle and began screaming in fear," a statement said.

"At this point the civilian vehicle exploded, killing three coalition force members who were approaching the vehicle and wounding two others."

The apparent suicide attack occurred in an area where special forces are present but where US-led forces are thin on the ground.

US Marine Captain Stewart Upton told the Reuters news agency: "We are treating it as another desperate act of a dying regime that knows they're in trouble."

The BBC's correspondent in Qatar, Paul Adams, says there are suspicions people are being made to carry suicide bombs.

Saddam's reward

It is the second apparent suicide car bombing in Iraq.

On 29 March, an Iraqi officer posing as a taxi driver detonated his car at an army checkpoint near the central city of Najaf, killing four US soldiers.

Iraqi President Saddam Hussein later honoured the officer and gave his family a large sum of money.

The Iraqi Government promised more suicide attacks.

Coalition troops were put on heightened alert after the first attack and there have since been incidents of soldiers firing on civilian vehicles that have approached checkpoints.

Eleven members of the same family were killed when troops fired on their vehicle near Najaf this week.

The family reportedly said they misunderstood coalition leaflets instructing them to flee to seek safety.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...st/2917107.stm

Published: 2003/04/05 09:03:03 GMT

Keltoi
02-22-2007, 11:39 PM
If one is really concerned about the women of Iraq, it isn't the American "crusaders" one should be worried about.

Skillganon
02-22-2007, 11:42 PM

Ninth_Scribe
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
If one is really concerned about the women of Iraq, it isn't the American "crusaders" one should be worried about.
It's pretty **** sad that you show up here, just to drill people. You've already said you don't care about the Shia or the Sunnis. You obviously don't care about the women and children. In fact, you're whole attitude here has been yet another damage control routine: Americans are great and we would NEVER do that. Like the U.S. military NEVER raped any women, either? You need to get a life.

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
02-23-2007, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
It's pretty **** sad that you show up here, just to drill people. You've already said you don't care about the Shia or the Sunnis. You obviously don't care about the women and children. In fact, you're whole attitude here has been yet another damage control routine: Americans are great and we would NEVER do that. Like the U.S. military NEVER raped any women, either? You need to get a life.

Ninth Scribe
Perhaps you need to get a life and stop responding to my posts if they disturb you so much.

I would also appreciate if you would stop putting words in my mouth and mischaracterizing my points of view. I said I didn't care about the Shia or the Sunni in the context of the War in Iraq, in other words, I don't care for one sect any more than the other.

Yes, rapes have occurred in Iraq with U.S. soldiers to blame. I have never once denied this fact, as long as the cases are properly proven and not based on heresay. I hope they punish Cortez to the fullest extent of the law. My point was that pretending U.S. "crusaders" are the major threat to Iraqi women is grossly inaccurate. There have been hundreds of Iraqi women kidnapped by criminal elements and "insurgents", and the death squads, both Shia and Sunni, don't seem to discriminate between man or woman. Not to mention the suicide bombers.

KAding
02-23-2007, 12:28 AM

Ninth Scribe
With all due respect Ninth_Scribe, but you do not have the moral authority to condemn Keltoi on this. Your unwavering support for and idolization of Zarqawi, his group and his method have done little to show you yourself care about women and children, let alone Shiites.

Cognescenti
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
With all due respect Ninth_Scribe, but you do not have the moral authority to condemn Keltoi on this. Your unwavering support for and idolization of Zarqawi, his group and his method have done little to show you yourself care about women and children, let alone Shiites.
Its back...its waaay back. Its oughta here. :beard:

Ninth_Scribe
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
With all due respect KAding, this habit of yours, always running to Keltoi's rescue, is a bit tiring as well. Dogs do that. Your constant attacks against Zarqawi are predictable enough, but once again, are based on pure bull s--t. Thus far, the U.S. has more blood on it's hands than Hitler. It's people like you who have vindicated people like Zarqawi. There is only one difference I can see between Bush and Zarqawi. Zarqawi never lied.

The topic of discussion is the youngest Shahid to be killed by U.S. soldiers. Maybe if someone rapes your wife, and shoots her family and is stupid enough to take pictures of how funny it all is to them, you'll wake up. But I have my doubts. You don't even ask questions.

Ninth Scribe

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Alayhi Rajioun.
Thats just a speck of what goes on with the people there :cry:
Ya Allah :cry:
Its really sad to call it heresay when you have pictures sitting in front of your face :(

Cognescenti
02-23-2007, 01:01 AM
This is fantastic....show pictures of a 32 week fetus with a terrible bullet wound...then combine it with preposterous verbiage like...

A pregnant, 40 years old Iraqi woman was shot by US military on August 10th, 2005 in the city of Mosul, northern Iraq, while in front of her house. The woman, who was in her 32nd week of pregnancy, was hit in her abdomen and collapsed immediately. As usual, US troops looked carelessly and walked away, not offering any help or medical care. :thumbs_do :rolleyes:

Come on guys. Did someone get permission to use these pictures in an obvious propaganda ploy?

Why not just reprint the Elders of Zion while you are at it?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-23-2007, 01:04 AM
^^That's sad. If you cant have any condolences then please leave. Its not fake when you post but it is when we do.

Cognescenti
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
....<snip>... Thus far, the U.S. has more blood on it's hands than Hitler. It's people like you who have vindicated people like Zarqawi. There is only one difference I can see between Bush and Zarqawi. Zarqawi never lied.

Ninth Scribe

Ah yes...clearly a gem of an academic thesis you have there.

The internet is a miraculous place..in one day I have met an Uday supporter and a Zarqawi supporter.

Cognescenti
02-23-2007, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
^^That's sad. If you cant have any condolences then please leave. Its not fake when you post but it is when we do.
Didn't you accuse me of bothering you earlier?

It isn't fake. It is the picture of a dead, premature fetus, killed violently and tragically almost certainly along with the mother. It is truly saddening, especially to me, because I am a Pediatrician and I take care of premies. The use of the picture is opportunistic. It is cynical. It is calculated to make people angry, when, in reality we know virtually nothing about how it happened. This poor baby is being used even after death. What good can possbily come from this post? What is the point? Is it just so a couple of homies can say "Death to the Crusaders" and have all the other bobbleheads come along and say "Yup, Amen"?

BTW...the brutal exit wound suggests an AK-47 round to me.. Can't say for sure (AK rounds are designed to tumble in flight). American troops don't use AK's.

Just for a little perspective, here is standard operating procedure when American troops encounter wounded civilians. This Afghan girl lost both legs to an old Russian landmine (or perhaps some plaything of the Taliban)...the medical unit personally donated 4 units of their own blood. Altogether she recieved 15 units of blood products. She lived. Nobody shot her. She wasn't "casually ignored"

Ninth_Scribe
02-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Alayhi Rajioun.
Thats just a speck of what goes on with the people there :cry:
Ya Allah :cry:
Its really sad to call it heresay when you have pictures sitting in front of your face :(
I know the drill Cognescenti and Keltoi are making use of. I was raped by a school appointed child psychologist and he used exactly the same method - it's always heresay... unless you can prove otherwise. Of course, he walked and I'm pretty **** sure I wasn't his only victim. Witnesses and testimony don't mean a thing to people of an opposite agenda.

Ninth Scribe

Cognescenti
02-23-2007, 01:48 AM
I know the drill Cognescenti and Keltoi are making use of. I was raped by a school appointed child psychologist and he used exactly the same method - it's always heresay... unless you can prove otherwise. Of course, he walked and I'm pretty **** sure I wasn't his only victim. Witnesses and testimony don't mean a thing to people of an opposite agenda.

Ninth Scribe
Ninth;

I am sorry to hear about your experience. there are bad people in the world.

In regard to the topic at hand, there is no witness, there is no testimony. There is only an emotive picture.

A woman was shot. Who did it? Was it even US troops? Even if it was, was it intentional? Were they under fire? Do you really believe for a second they casually walked by? ....Never mind....belay that. I know the answer.

Nice technique to try to link your opponents with child molestation. Well played.

Ninth_Scribe
02-23-2007, 01:56 AM
There have been hundreds of Iraqi women kidnapped by criminal elements and "insurgents", and the death squads, both Shia and Sunni, don't seem to discriminate between man or woman. Not to mention the suicide bombers.
Um, now that's what I call heresay. Insurgents and criminals have been raping all the women (oh my). And spare me the diss on the suicide bombers. The U.S. just pulled an air strike over Anbar and they didn't give rat's @ss about the women and kids who were there. Of course, you could cry heresay when the hospital reports come out like they did when your boyz used white phosphorous on Fallujah. Films can be faked, yadda yadda. I know the drill real well. But it won't make a difference.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
02-23-2007, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Who did it? Was it even US troops? Even if it was, was it intentional? Were they under fire? Do you really believe for a second they casually walked by? ....Never mind....belay that. I know the answer.
Um, I know there are bad people in the world. I brought up my childhood because it serves the very lesson you were trying to teach Tayyaba - that without proof... testimony means absolutely nothing.

But you don't care enough to ask the questions, you just kick into defense-mode and it all rolls off you, like rain... or that ages old argument concerning those WMDs. I wouldn't be so upset, if the U.S. government kept to the same standards they dish out to Iraqis, but they would NEVER have been able to invade if they didn't lower their standards... a lot!

As for photos, everyone is using opportunistic photos. The U.S. government is split down the middle and the reps are all jumping ship. They spend most of their time rolling on each other for who was responsible for what. Maliki has even made statements demanding that the U.S. teach the soldiers a class on ethics. If you take all the spin and photos away, there is the Truth. We shouldn't have invaded Iraq. We did that on heresay. We should leave so the Sunnis and the Shia can do what they've always done. This isn't the first crisis those brothers have had. It won't be their last - but that's none of America's business!

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Um, now that's what I call heresay. Insurgents and criminals have been raping all the women (oh my). And spare me the diss on the suicide bombers. The U.S. just pulled an air strike over Anbar and they didn't give rat's @ss about the women and kids who were there. Of course, you could cry heresay when the hospital reports come out like they did when your boyz used white phosphorous on Fallujah. Films can be faked, yadda yadda. I know the drill real well. But it won't make a difference.

Ninth Scribe
Are you suggesting that women haven't been kidnapped by criminal elements and insurgents?

http://www.actionla.org/Iraq/IraqReport/women.html

http://electroniciraq.net/news/1823.shtml

http://www.globalexchange.org/countr.../iraq/996.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=10709

These stories aren't exactly written or researched with a pro-American agenda in mind. This is what I meant by stating that American soldiers are the least of the threats facing Iraqi women.

MTAFFI
02-23-2007, 08:31 PM
May he hasten the destruction of the middle eastern terrorists

MTAFFI
02-23-2007, 08:34 PM
oh great, here goes the scribe with his endless tyraid on the evil west! What a big suprise, still havent seen a reply to my original post on Iraqi freedom post, couldnt argue with that one huh? Anyways I agree with cognescenti and keltoi, you dont know who shot that woman, and personally I would think it was a death squad or one of the however many militias over there before i would believe US soldiers just walked past a dying pregnant woman. I am sure the media really just passed that story right up, right? Seriously doubt it

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
You would think it wasnt, but others would think it was...
Don't forget we are all human, and just because someone is a soldier doesnt mean he can't do it. If a leader can kill thousands of people and cause trouble for others, surely a soldier with a gun in his hand and exaggerated ideas in his head can do it as well. I'm just saying it can be both ways. Not everyone thinks like we would..feeling sorry for a person.

Ninth_Scribe
02-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Don't forget we are all human, and just because someone is a soldier doesnt mean he can't do it. If a leader can kill thousands of people and cause trouble for others, surely a soldier with a gun in his hand and exaggerated ideas in his head can do it as well. I'm just saying it can be both ways. Not everyone thinks like we would... feeling sorry for a person.
I'm not sure what their points were in disqualifying the report, but if this war has taught me anything, it taught me that American men actually do believe they were helping when they invaded Iraq and installed a new government. Of course, there were the usual exploits, scams and billions of dollars missing, but nothing much different than the state-side standards (like Boston's Big Dig). Well, maybe some hookers. No wonder Al Qaeda wants to help as well by mopping the floor with them.

I hate to see women and children pay the price for a man's war, but maybe this will force the hand of the feminine principle to intervene.

Ninth Scribe

Akil
02-27-2007, 02:10 PM
As usual, US troops looked carelessly and walked away, not offering any help or medical care.
As usual?! This is obviously a very negative point of view without facts. The fact is I am a US Army MEDIC and I know **** well that it is not USUAL for any soldier much less a medic to carelessly walk away from any civilian injured by US forces.

You can talk your hateful rhetoric somewhere else buddy.

Ninth_Scribe
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
As usual?! This is obviously a very negative point of view without facts. The fact is I am a US Army MEDIC and I know **** well that it is not USUAL for any soldier much less a medic to carelessly walk away from any civilian injured by US forces.

You can talk your hateful rhetoric somewhere else buddy.
Excuse me, but I was under the opinion that this was an eye-witness account of an incident in Iraq. Therefore, I do not disqualify it as simply as others. I get reports and corrections to reports from Iraq all the time, and have heard this complaint often... from Iraqis!

Just this morning CNN reported that 'terrorists' were not responsible for the explosion on a soccer field that supposedly killed 18 people, mostly children. That was an air-strike by our boyz that had gone wrong. Much like many of the Iraqis, my first reaction was sarcastic, something along the lines of: Oh, so I guess that makes everything alright then!?

The Iraqis mistrust the American government and consider the military an occupation - almost every news agency agrees with that assessment. You can't actually believe that by going in at gun-point and demanding they trust you, you're going to get an honest answer from them? Even Jill Carroll admitted that, while she was in custody, she said only what she believed the Mujahideen wanted to hear. I'm no expert on psychology, but I would call that a human survival trait. Kind of transcends whether or not you're Iraqi or American. The anger in the words concerning the death of a mother and her unborn child is normal.

Ninth Scribe

mahdisoldier19
03-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Perhaps you need to get a life and stop responding to my posts if they disturb you so much.

I would also appreciate if you would stop putting words in my mouth and mischaracterizing my points of view. I said I didn't care about the Shia or the Sunni in the context of the War in Iraq, in other words, I don't care for one sect any more than the other.

Yes, rapes have occurred in Iraq with U.S. soldiers to blame. I have never once denied this fact, as long as the cases are properly proven and not based on heresay. I hope they punish Cortez to the fullest extent of the law. My point was that pretending U.S. "crusaders" are the major threat to Iraqi women is grossly inaccurate. There have been hundreds of Iraqi women kidnapped by criminal elements and "insurgents", and the death squads, both Shia and Sunni, don't seem to discriminate between man or woman. Not to mention the suicide bombers.
No it disturbed every Single Muslim on this board who has a Heart and feeling towards their Muslim brothers and sisters.

Keltoi
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
No it disturbed every Single Muslim on this board who has a Heart and feeling towards their Muslim brothers and sisters.
:rollseyes And what exactly did I say?

Ninth_Scribe
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
:rollseyes And what exactly did I say?
He misunderstood the post that was directed to me (re: our earlier dialogue).

Ninth Scribe

mahdisoldier19
03-02-2007, 05:51 AM

That is what you had said

Keltoi
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
That is what you had said
How is this insulting in the least? Iraqi women are being victimized far more frequently by criminal elements and the lawless nature of much of Iraq at this point. Is the fact that American "crusaders" aren't responsible for the vast majority of these cases insulting to Muslims? Or just you?

Ninth_Scribe
03-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Iraqi women are being victimized far more frequently by criminal elements and the lawless nature of much of Iraq at this point.
Citations or sources for your accusation?

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
03-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Citations or sources for your accusation?

Ninth Scribe
I cited these earlier in the thread.

http://www.actionla.org/Iraq/IraqReport/women.html

http://electroniciraq.net/news/1823.shtml

http://www.globalexchange.org/countr.../iraq/996.html

Some of these don't seem to work any longer, but here are more, they are numerous.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=18085

http://www.dawn.com/2006/10/09/int11.htm

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=10709

wilberhum
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Are the only requirements to be a Shaheed, is to be Muslim and be killed?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-03-2007, 01:22 AM
^^Yes, I believe so. I may be wrong..so wait for someone else to answer...:)

mahdisoldier19
03-04-2007, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Are the only requirements to be a Shaheed, is to be Muslim and be killed?
Obviously have to be a Muslim

And No Shaheeds do not Die, They have their provision with Allah swt, A person may percieve them as Dead, but they Are Alive.

wilberhum
03-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Obviously have to be a Muslim

And No Shaheeds do not Die, They have their provision with Allah swt, A person may percieve them as Dead, but they Are Alive.
So the woman isn't dead?

Snowflake
03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
A pregnant, 40 years old Iraqi woman was shot by US military on August 10th, 2005 in the city of Mosul, northern Iraq, while in front of her house. The woman, who was in her 32nd week of pregnancy, was hit in her abdomen and collapsed immediately. As usual, US troops looked carelessly and walked away, not offering any help or medical care.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally Posted by sonofadam
Ameen thuma ameen -inshaAllah they will pay back for every drop of muslim blood they've spilled.

Akil
03-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Ninth Scribe
The anger in the words concerning the death of a mother and her unborn child is normal.
Anger, I understand. I take issue with the words “as usual”. I defy any generalization of US service members as being totally without conscience or compassion. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen with a few notable exceptions are every day people.

Muslimah_Sis
they will pay back for every drop of muslim blood they've spilled.
This reply is for Ninth Scribe as well, because this misconception or propaganda (whatever the case may be) has been repeated a lot, especially in this thread.

The vast and overwhelming majority of violence, destruction, rape and blood shed in Iraq is being perpetrated on Muslims . . . . . by Muslims, and the US is standing somewhere in the middle trying and by most accounts failing, to bring about a semblance of order.

You can believe your stories, your propaganda and your lies about hundred of thousands of US soldiers killing, rapping and pillaging like a horde of Vikings, but its not the truth, its no where near the truth. Trust me, if it was it would be all over the news, just like most of the wrongs America has perpetrated there.

Have I become an American apologetic? Absolutely not! I still don’t believe in the actions being perpetrated in Gitmo, I don’t believe the legal limbo the “detainees” there are currently being stuck in, I don’t believe in the counter productive interrogation techniques that are being used there or in Iraq (Abu Graibe for instance). I still don’t agree with the way the war in Iraq is being handled by the brace and I still don’t think bullets can destroy ideology. I don’t believe that the US or any Democracy should mistreat its Muslim population or inhibit their ability to practice their chosen religion (within the frame work of common sense).

But to paint all or most US service members as brutal, savage, inhuman or without conscience is propaganda at best and hateful rhetoric at worst.

Let’s work on finding issues of commonality and a framework for community instead of further polarizing and alienating ourselves from each other.

mahdisoldier19
03-07-2007, 01:49 AM
Anger, I understand. I take issue with the words “as usual”. I defy any generalization of US service members as being totally without conscience or compassion. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen with a few notable exceptions are every day people.

This reply is for Ninth Scribe as well, because this misconception or propaganda (whatever the case may be) has been repeated a lot, especially in this thread.

The vast and overwhelming majority of violence, destruction, rape and blood shed in Iraq is being perpetrated on Muslims . . . . . by Muslims, and the US is standing somewhere in the middle trying and by most accounts failing, to bring about a semblance of order.

You can believe your stories, your propaganda and your lies about hundred of thousands of US soldiers killing, rapping and pillaging like a horde of Vikings, but its not the truth, its no where near the truth. Trust me, if it was it would be all over the news, just like most of the wrongs America has perpetrated there.

Have I become an American apologetic? Absolutely not! I still don’t believe in the actions being perpetrated in Gitmo, I don’t believe the legal limbo the “detainees” there are currently being stuck in, I don’t believe in the counter productive interrogation techniques that are being used there or in Iraq (Abu Graibe for instance). I still don’t agree with the way the war in Iraq is being handled by the brace and I still don’t think bullets can destroy ideology. I don’t believe that the US or any Democracy should mistreat its Muslim population or inhibit their ability to practice their chosen religion (within the frame work of common sense).

But to paint all or most US service members as brutal, savage, inhuman or without conscience is propaganda at best and hateful rhetoric at worst.

Let’s work on finding issues of commonality and a framework for community instead of further polarizing and alienating ourselves from each other.
Eh What do you think of this

''655,000 Iraqis killed since invasion''

Source http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,3...103550,00.html

Al_Imaan
03-07-2007, 01:53 AM
that's so sad.....:cry: :cry:

Akil
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
''655,000 Iraqis killed since invasion''
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/

^
Another (possibly more credible) article on the study from the British medical journal “The Lancet” which put forth the 655,000 number.

gives a far higher number of deaths in Iraq than other organizations.
Nuff said

Researchers randomly selected 1,849 households across Iraq and asked questions about births and deaths and migration for the study led by Gilbert Burnham of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland. The Center for International Studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology cooperated.
It polled a small group of the population and multiplied. In other words this is a poll, NOT a scientific study.

They did not ask families whether their dead were civilians or fighters
It was a poll with very few controls

Deaths attributed to coalition forces accounted for 31 percent of the dead.
Meaning even if this silly study was true roughly 7 in every 10 Iraqi’s killed died at the hands of their fellow Muslims. I would estimate closer to 8 in 10 personally.

The private British-based Iraq Body Count research group puts the number of civilian deaths at between 43,850 and 48,693.
Most of the figures are holding around this number

The latest estimates were released less than a month ahead of U.S. midterm elections that could change the balance of power in the House and Senate, now controlled by Republicans.
IE these figures are apart of partisan political in-fighting before a major election. Welcome to Democracy.

Ninth_Scribe
03-08-2007, 01:49 AM

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't think you understand the difference in perspective. If the tables were completely turned, and the Arabs invaded the U.S. and 'demanded' trust at gun-point, the majority of Americans would say whatever was expected of them, but they would always harbor resentment under their breath... and every incident would mount the tension levels that much more. The truth is, the Iraqis don't want the U.S. order. They want their own order.

Maybe America wouldn't be so hated if they would stop calling every Iraqi complaint, propaganda? The "Letter from Fatima" is what sent Zarqawi right over the edge, but the U.S. government and western media wrote it off as a clever propaganda ploy. It was purely by "luck and angels" that cess-pool of desire was exposed for what it really is, but that didn't happen by way of honesty. Neither did the rapes. In truth, what has come out of the wash is only what the U.S. military has been actually caught in. On the flip side, Jill Carroll was being held by Zarqawi's men... and she wasn't raped. If you were a woman, who would you rather be held prisoner by? Don't know about you, but I for one would not want to be photographed buck naked, handcuffed together in some twisted mile-high club with twenty others.

It's bad enough when this stuff goes on Muslim against Muslim, but it's completely unacceptable and very condescending for the so-called 'perfect' people (like the U.S. occupying forces) to behave worse than the people they think they're so much better than. And that's why they pay more attention to the American exploits than they do their fellow Iraqi's ones.

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.