/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why A Christian Lady Should NOT Marry a Muslim

NoName55
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
:sl:
The Holy Qur’an has placed no restriction if a Muslim man wants to marry a Christian lady. It, however, has commanded the believers not to marry anyone who associates other partners with God (Mushriks) as He is one and alone nor should the believers marry any practitioner of adultery. Apart from these two restrictions, the Shari‘ah has placed no restriction on marriage contracts of the believers.

However, this does not mean that we should not use our commonsense and reason to choose the person we intend to marry. Indeed, there are many things involved that must be considered before a couple decides to get married. The foremost factor is that there should be harmony between both in terms of their financial status and religious set up. Religion is not a trivial matter to be ignored while choosing your prospective husband. Marriage means that two persons are going to live together for the rest of their lives. Do you think that there would be no conflict on religious issues? What about the children that God will bless you with? What religion would they be taught? You may think that such matters are of less importance to modern minds. But I assure you that these matters will be of concern to you both once the honeymoon is over.

Does the Qur'an say that the Christian women have to convert to Islam and gain knowledge about it to marry the Muslim men?

I would like to tell you that the Holy Qur’an does not hold religion as a petty matter. Why would Qur’an ask a lady to renounce her religion for some mortal man? Religion is something very personal in nature. It is a deep relationship — a connection more strong than the one which is established between a man and his wife. It is about God and His servants; it is about God and you. There is no man between you and Him. You accept Him on a very personal basis; you surrender before Him of your own accord. Did you know that Islam gives so much respect to Christians because of the fact that they believe in one God? The bitterest thing is however that they have devised ‘Three’ for the One that is alone and without any partner whatsoever. He is One and is the Creator and Master of all humans. Islam calls all the Christians to accept the fact that was also propagated by Jesus (sws) as the Lord is One. What I wish to say is that religion is something that should be chosen with a serious mind and after appreciating the value of the specific teachings that this religion promotes. Islam does not force people to convert. It is the truth that every willing person is welcome to embrace.

A marital arrangement is very simple. Islam requires that elders from both sides be involved in this matter. Marriages that are contracted without involving the families from both sides often end up in failure. Therefore, I very humbly advise to bring the matter to the attention of your family. Marriage is indeed a public announcement that this couple, from now on, would live as a wedded husband and wife—an arrangement which needs to be registered with the relevant government body as well.

Islam does not like that any intimate relationship should be created between a lady and a gentlemen before marriage. We—the servants of God are to live a pure and good life in order to attain inner purification. Islam repels the very idea of having an intimate relationship before marriage because it divests you of your purity of heart. We must know that this life is transitory in nature. It is a prelude to that life which is eternal and lasting. We must be well conscious of what we do in this life. Anything which is against morality will strictly be dealt with in the Hereafter. The only thing we need to keep in mind is that while marriage is a sacred bond, extramarital relationship is filth, which is abhorrent and intolerable.
(to be edited as it is work in prgress)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the link to this thread. I have to disagree though. An inter-faith relationship can work if you work at it. No, it isn't for everyone. But then again neither is a inter-racial relationship.

NoName55
10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
How Can I Become Acquainted to the Woman I am Proposing to?

PS. this is not a reply to post above but a continuation of first post of thread
PPS. how come posts are appearring without approval?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.