/* */

PDA

View Full Version : braces and fasting

Palamoon
09-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I have braces, me fasting still counts right? Also, the orthadontist told me to put rubberbands in my braces, can I do that while fasting?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Palamoon
09-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Sorry for early bump, but I really need the answer fast. Thx.

Na7lah
09-21-2007, 12:11 AM
i think so am not sure dou wait 4 som1 to answer

BlissfullyJaded
09-21-2007, 03:53 AM
:sl:

Yea, it does count, unless you swallow the rubber band. Seriously though, having braces and having to wear the rubber bands do not effect your fast. *Saying this from experience, as I have had braces, and so I do not have any fatwa to source.*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
omar_2133
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Your not alone:)

I've worn braces for exactly a year now, and it doesn't really affect anything. LOL, most of the time, you forget it's even there!

As for your question, well from what I know it doesn't affect your fast at all.

Kittygyal
09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Salamualikum.
People listen... Braces don't affect fast but don't swollow band nor drink water cause i know you want water ALOT when braces are put it in.. WAIT! for the retainers to be put in :X

I got ring binders just at two back of my teeth on both side but NOT train track.. mine aint bad at all people think i got soo many silver teeth LOL.. even though i do have one silver tooth thoe

Which have yo got?

Ma'assalama

Zarmina
09-27-2007, 03:16 AM
:sl:

I agree, braces do not invalidate a fast. I don't see why you would even think that? :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.