/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I finally accepted Islam!!

Michael
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
This afternoon in the mosque, after talking to one of the senior Muslim brothers, I laid my hand on the Holy Qur'an and recited the Shahadah. Later, after talking to the same brother, my fiancee also accepted Islam.

Please make du'a for the two of us, and especially me that I may be able to practice my new faith without doubts (which I'm having).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Al Aqwa
09-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Masha'Allah, Alhamdulillah....Insha'Allah...

oh yeh, you need to change your profile form "christian" to "muslim" :)

The Ruler
09-21-2007, 04:43 PM
:sl:

Allow me to to be the second to have the honour to welcome you to Islam.

May Allah keep you and your fianceé in the folds of Islam till your last breath and that He makes your pactising easy for you.

:w:

Woodrow
09-21-2007, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
This afternoon in the mosque, after talking to one of the senior Muslim brothers, I laid my hand on the Holy Qur'an and recited the Shahadah. Later, after talking to the same brother, my fiancee also accepted Islam.

Please make du'a for the two of us, and especially me that I may be able to practice my new faith without doubts (which I'm having).

Welcome home brother. You have just begun on a life long journey. It will not always be easy in the concepts of worldly pleasures, but the inner joy and the feeling of truly knowing you have returned home will make the journey joyful

You know at this moment you are free from all past sins, you are now a new born child.

Please make Du'a for me, that I may have strong Imaan and live a deen worthy of Islam.

the prayers of a newborn Muslim are heard by Allah(swt) very clearly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
09-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Mashallah, that's awesome. D'ya plan on fasting with the rest of us? In any case, hope you have a great Eid - it's not far :).

Ummah
09-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Asalaamualaikum

Congratulations! MashAllah

Im really happy for you both :)

if u dont mind me asking, have you told ur family and friends, if so how did they react?

Kittygyal
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Amin to the dua'ah's

Welcome in to the crew.

Be happy and congrats :)

:thankyou:

Take care

UmmSqueakster
09-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wr wb,

Congratulations! Remeber to take things slow and easy. The Prophet (saws) and his sahabi (companions) had 23 years to learn Islam. You don't need to be a perfect muslim overnight.

Definately do read the most important advice you can get. Get your salat down, learn the basics of faith and God, and don't get obsessed over rules right off the bat.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-21-2007, 04:57 PM

MashaAllah! I had a feeling it was you when I read the title :D Allahu Akbar, welcome to the Ummah brother! And your fiance MashaAllah, thats wicked.
May Allah help you both in whatever struggles approach you and keep you and ur comin generation amongst the righteous! Ameen!

Ramadan Kareem brother! Have a good one InshaAllah :)

omar_2133
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Assalamu-Alaikum Brother,

It is probably impossible to convey in simple words, my sincerest and heartfelt congratulations to you and your fiancee! May Allah bless you for the true and righteous path you have chosen!

It won't be long before you are familiar with the Islamic tenets and prinicples, that was your natural birthright. As a result of your reversion, all of your previous sins have been wiped clean and you can start afresh, so I suppose this is your golden opportunity!

If you stumble on any difficulties or doubts (which is natural for every Muslim), whatever it may be, then feel free to share it with the community. After all that's what we're here for!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Yea I was wondering that as well. What changed her mind, Alhamdulillah.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
WELCOME TO THE MUSLIM FAMILY MADE UP OF MILLIONS!

May Allah (swt) guide u & ur fiancee on the path that is MOST PLEASING to HIM & protect both of you from the torments of this world & the hereafter, Aameen.

Makky
09-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Allahu akbar Masha Allah!

congratulations dear brother!

be strong in your new life...may Allah be with you...

'Abd al-Baari
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Subhanallah! Mashallah thats really really good :)
May Allah (swt) guide u & ur fiancee on the path that is MOST PLEASING to HIM & protect both of you from the torments of this world & the hereafter
Ameen thumma ameen

May i just ask..how did you manage to convince your fiance?

snakelegs
09-21-2007, 07:21 PM
thanks for getting back to us. i hope you and your wife-to-be have a long and happy life together. your journey will be easier because you have each other. :sunny:
as for doubts, i think they are quite normal and nothing to fear.

piXie
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
:salamext:

Masha'Allaah, thts wonderful news!

May Allah make it easy for u both and always keep u guided. send my salam to your fiance!

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Would you mind telling us what it was that changed her mind (Alhamdulilah)?
it was me. i made du'a for her :p

NYCmuslim
09-21-2007, 07:22 PM
SubhanAllah!

I remember your first post when you were considering reverting to Islam and mentioned how it would be very difficult for your girlfriend if you did.

I'm glad you and her finally found the truth and you guys are now on the right path and all you have to do is walk it. It will be hard changing your way of life but I pray that Allah (swt) will make it easy for you guys. Remember, knowledge breeds confidence. The more you learn about Islam the more comfortable and proud you will be in being Muslims. We at the message boards are here for guidance and support. May Allah (swt) guide you both.

Once again, congradulations!!

Peace be to you all.

Al_Imaan
09-21-2007, 07:54 PM

:DWelcome to Islam! Ameen to all the dua's and I wish you and your fiancee a happy life together filled with Allah's belssings. :)

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Allah Akbar Welcome To Islam Brother.

جوري
09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar Allah AkbarWelcome to Islam my brother... You've warmed my heart.. May Allah guide you with assured steps strengthen your iman and bless you BOTH here and the here after... as well as this umma
Ameen

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Here Here ,

nevesirth
09-21-2007, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Here Here ,
whats the meaning of islamasweeny akhi?

islamirama
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
As'salaamu alaikum bro,

welcome to the religion of brotherhood. I'm glad you reverted as well as your fiancee. Indeed it is a reversion because we all are born Muslims. Right now you are better than us (in deeds) because Prophet (saws) said whoever converts/reverts, all his previous sins are forgiven and they start anew with a fresh slate. Inshallah remember us and the ummah in your duas.

Advice for New Muslims or those considering Islam

Practical tips from fellow convert, Saraji Umm Zaid.

So, you are a new Muslim. Mabrouk, congratulations. Or perhaps you are thinking about taking your shahada (profession of Islamic faith). I would like to offer some advice, if I may. Having been through what you may be about to experience, I pass this on only in the hopes that you may avoid some of my mistakes, insha'Allah.

1. Don't jump feet first.
This is so important, not just when coming to Islam, but in any aspect of your life. A lot of times, new shahadas are overwhelmed with what is happening. A new religion, new life rules, new politics. Many are eager to join every Islamic group on the face of the earth. Others start playing scholar within a few months. Many people feel like they have to speak Arabic within a month. This is not so. Language doesn't make the Muslim. Take it slowly and pay attention.

2. LEARN YOUR PRAYERS!!!
Make it the first thing you do. Forget about learning Arabic, memorizing hadith, becoming involved in politics, or anything else! LEARN YOUR PRAYERS. I would recommend that you start learning them before your shahada, when you become seriously interested in Islam. I can't stress to you how important this is! I learned the hard way. I am still struggling with part of the prayer now, almost one year later! In the Qur'an we read:
Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offer their prayers with humility and attentiveness. (23: 1-2) Also:
Verily, Prayer prevents one from shameful and evil deeds. (29:45)

There is also a saying from Hadith:
The Prophet (saws) said:
"Between a man, and between shirk and kufr there is the abandonment of Prayer" (shirk is the worship of objects other than Allah, and kufr is disbelief in Allah and the Message He sent) (reported by Jaabir ra in at Tirmidhi)

3. Don't let set backs keep you down.
Many new shahadas report that they encounter racism from Muslims. Others say that there is a visible lack of support when they seek it, leaving them feeling alienated. This is a dangerous place to be. Your feelings of resentment and lonliness, your hurt pride could turn you away from Islam, even though your heart longs to submit. I emphasize here that this doesn't happen to every Muslim, and many Muslims open their hearts and homes to new shahadas! But I have seen it enough to know that there are people who slip through the cracks. If you can't find a Muslim community or people willing or able to help you, there are other resources. There are websites, mailing lists, and Islamic support groups that can help you learn your prayers.

All it takes is a little effort. And in the end, Islam isn't about other people, or how many friends you make. It is about you and your Creator. On the last day, you, and no one else, will be responsible for your actions (or lack thereof).

Finally, I have this to say: Allahu Alim Allah knows best.
He knows better than you do what is good for you and what is bad for you. He has a plan for you, and His Love and Mercy is so great that your only choice is to trust in Him and submit to His Will. Sometimes you won't like it. Life gets "ugly" sometimes. It is hard, it is scary, and it is messy. Nothing comes gift wrapped with a bow on top. Islam reminds us that this short, messy, hard and beautiful life is short. The life after this one is what counts! The goal is Heaven, Paradise, Jannah.
Insha'Allah we will make it.

-----------

More advices from other converts @ http://www.convertstoislam.org/intro...newmuslims.htm

-------------

Some start up links :)

Ablution - Flash - http://www.islamway.com/islambase/Is...ultioneng.html

How to pray - Flash - http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer/index.html
Online Quran with audio recitation -http://quran.islamicnetwork.com/

New muslim discussion/mailing list - see my signature

'Abd-al Latif
09-21-2007, 09:18 PM

asalamu alykum warahmatullhi wabaraktuh, May the peace and blessings and the mercy of Allah (swt) be upon you, my dear brother in islam!

Welcome to the family, may Allah (swt) give you understanding of the religion and give u jannah. ameen.

S_87
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
:sl: wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh!

such a blessed month to revert in All praise is due to Allah

Brother, remember both you and your fiance have had sins cancelled out prior to islam.
may Allah bless and protect you both, please remember us all in your duas!!!!!

Allahu akbar, remember if you have any questions inshaAllah we can help you with or any other query let us know

syilla
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
MashaAllah mabrook akhee Michael :)

and now...to start the salah (prayer).

Step by step akhee and don't rush :)

Pk_#2
09-21-2007, 09:27 PM
AsalamuALaykum warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

welcome :D

to :D

Islam :D

Be good yea...:D

Strzelecki
09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
MashaAllah!! :D
Welcome to Islam.
May Allah (swt) continue to guide you and your fianceé. Ameen. :D

bewildred
09-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Behind every converting soul, there's a triumph for Islam.

Bewildred S.

Intisar
09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
:sl: May Allah Azaawajaal make it an easy transition for both you and your fiancee. :D Mabrook akhee! I'm so happy for you! :D :D

MustafaMc
09-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Assalamu alaikum, my dear brother (akhi), congratulations on your reversion to Islam. It is wonderful that your fiance' reached the same decision. This is a wonderful opportunity for you both to grow in Islam. May Allah continue to guide you and make your transition easy.

thirdwatch512
09-22-2007, 12:08 AM
as long as you do not force shariah on me, and as long as you are happy, then so am I. :)

Maryama007
09-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Alhumdulilallah WELCOME BROTHER...
I WILL MAKE DU'A FOR U INSHAALLAH

natasha
09-22-2007, 12:39 AM
salamu alykum..
mashallah tabarakallah .. welcome 2 islam brother:) may allah help you and your fiance wiv ur new religion.. and may Allah grant u and your fiance 2 the jannah inshallah ..
wasalamu alykum

Umu 'Isa
09-22-2007, 03:07 AM
:salamext: brother,
Welcome to Islaam. May Allaah keep you and your fiance steadfast in His religion ameen!

north_malaysian
09-22-2007, 04:02 AM

Welcome to Islam!!!

Now your avatar pic really suit you...:statisfie

aifelmohsin
09-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Congratulations and welcome home bro may ALLAH put u in this religion till the end of ur breathwith best deeds Ameen..:thankyou: :)

guyabano
09-22-2007, 08:32 AM

Congrats ! May you find what you're looking for.

Peace !

hidaayah
09-22-2007, 08:43 AM

MashaAllah! Allahu Akbar!

May Allah keep you steadfast ..Ameen!

Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2007, 09:27 AM

congratulations. but what kind of doubts are you having, if you dont mind my asking??

SirZubair
09-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Asalam alaikum.

Wow,.. another KIWI ! :)

Welcome to Islam.

Anwarica
09-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Welcome home :)

I'd like to ask you for your Du'a for us :)

Michael
09-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Thank you for all your support!

As for my fiancee, she had a long talk with one of the senior Muslim men at the mosque. He had functioned as the Imam before the present Imam arrived, I think, and he was very knowledgable about Islam. He talked to her and showed her how belief in the Trinity is rubbish, along with many other things. He told her that she would be lost in the hellfire if she didn't convert. After a long and lengthy discussion that lasted till around 2am, she placed her hand on the Qur'an and recited the Shahadah.

However, she found fasting very hard today. She is almost anorexic and she doesn't eat a lot. I thought fasting would be easy for her, since she ate so little, but it wasn't. Please keep her in your du'as.

Umm Yoosuf
09-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh Our brother in Islaam!

Masha Allah! I am so happy to hear this. May Allah keep you on the right path always. Ameen.

The cure to doubts is knowledge so please study Islaam as much as you can and from the right sources too. Remember to always ask questions.

Alhamdulilaah your fiancee took the shahadah too thats amazing please invite her to this site, I'd be more than happy to chat to her and so would many other sisters Insha Allah.

sevgi
09-22-2007, 02:40 PM

As for my fiancee, she had a long talk with one of the senior Muslim men at the mosque. He had functioned as the Imam before the present Imam arrived, I think, and he was very knowledgable about Islam. He talked to her and showed her how belief in the Trinity is rubbish, along with many other things. He told her that she would be lost in the hellfire if she didn't convert. After a long and lengthy discussion that lasted till around 2am, she placed her hand on the Qur'an and recited the Shahadah.

However, she found fasting very hard today. She is almost anorexic and she doesn't eat a lot. I thought fasting would be easy for her, since she ate so little, but it wasn't. Please keep her in your du'as.
salams my new zealander neighbours...

i am excited to hear the great news of your conversion...

just a suggestion...perhaps speak to someone abt ur fiancee and fasting..if it will affect her health, then sdhe may not be obliged to fast....

peace.

Woodrow
09-22-2007, 06:47 PM

I am not an MD and I would suggest you obtain verification from an MD. But, in my limited opinion, Fasting and attempts at fast are physically and psychologically very hazardous to the health of a person who suffers from anorexia. Typically a person with anorexia will limit their eating to the point where they eat only when it is absolutely necessary. the danger of trying to eat at only a specific time is that the eating time may not correspond with the time they can be encouraged to eat. Eating is not a pleasure for them. It is done only when they have no choice except to eat or die.

Intisar
09-22-2007, 11:53 PM

:sl: akhee, that's great to hear subhanallah! :D Like many others have said before me, you should seek the opinion of those learned in Islaam to find out whether she is obliged to fast.

Muhammad
09-23-2007, 04:23 PM
:sl: Michael,

Congratulations! All praise is due to Allaah (swt) for having guided both you and your fiancee. I'm very happy for you that one of the big things holding you back has been resolved well!

Some good advice has been given regarding taking things slowly and seeking knowledge to cure doubts. May Allaah (swt) keep you both firm upon the truth and bestow knowledge and understanding upon you, Aameen!

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

[Al-Baqarah: 256]

O you who believe [in Moses (i.e. Jews) and Jesus (i.e. Christians)]! Fear Allâh, and believe too in His Messenger [Muhammad (pbuh)], He will give you a double portion of His Mercy, and He will give you a light by which you shall walk (straight), and He will forgive you. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

So that the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) may know that they have no power whatsoever over the Grace of Allâh, and that (His) Grace is (entirely) in His Hand to bestow it on whomsoever He wills. And Allâh is the Owner of Great Bounty.

[Al-Hadeed: 28-29]

Pk_#2
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM

Hmph!

Ameen to du'as :)

------
09-24-2007, 10:57 AM
:salamext:

Congratulations Micheal!! Welcome back to your true way of life! :D

Just take it easy.... relax.....make yourself at home :p

cute123
09-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Mashallah Tallah , Welcome to Islam , You have indeed come to the right path. May ALLAH TALLAH bless you both. Really happy from the deep of heart for both of you.

rozeena
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
mashallah! im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happi 4 u bro, if u need 2 ask any questions den feel free 2 ask. as we'll all try n help.

believer
09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Alhamdulillah! Allahahu akbar! Truly allah guides whom he wills... and those whom He guides no one can misguide.

Welcome home brother and sister... now is the time to read the Qur'an more.

The first year of being a Muslim is a journey in itself... trials and tests will be coming your way... this is expected and is also normal. Just always keep praying for Allah to increase your iman...and make you strong Muslims.

Let us pray for each other... and welcome! it's always great to have a new brother in Islam.

zaria
09-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Subhan'allah, Alhamduillah, Allahu Akbar

May Allah strengten you and your Fiance' in the deen. May he bless you with a wonderful marriage and enjoy the happines in it and in each other. It is always Alhamduillah to hear someone else excepted the truth. Islam is not hard at all. I ask Allah to continue to guide you and open your heart Ameen.

Haidar_Abbas
09-24-2007, 06:38 PM
الله أكبر الله أكبر الله أكبر
Welcome to Islam Akhee!!!

Danah
09-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Michael

Congratulation brother and sister and welcome in Islam family,

I am more than happy to hear that.
I am new here (just registered since 2 days), but this is the best news I have ever seen here:D .
I hope that Allah will guide you to stay at the right way you chose with your fiancee and gather us with in the Paradise In sha Allah....................Ameen
and about your fiancee, it will be great if you let her to join here to get more knowledge about Islam as you.

Ommuslim
10-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Asslam alaikom
Congrats :)
May Allah keep you and your fianceé in the folds of Islam till your last breath and that He makes your pactising easy for you.
Ameen

lana1989.
10-06-2007, 12:51 PM
congratulations for u and ur fiance , i advice u that you try doing good deeds with ur fiance , like praying together , helping poor people together and so on so that each one of u encourages the other, and be sure that if u did good deeds and stayed away from bad deeds in the name of god and to be closer to him , he will help u through this and guide u ( note : don't let any one makes u doubtful about our beloved religion , and try 2 get rid of ur doubts by reading more about islam and i really advice u 2 read amr khaled's books, they are translated in all languages and i am sure u will benifit from them , and may god enlighten ur way.

anonymous
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM

aww MASHAALLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

MAY ALLAH GUIDE U ALWAYS DATS FANTASTIC NEWS !

Umar001
10-07-2007, 02:09 PM
MashaAllah pretty happy for you bro!!

hamed
10-08-2007, 08:54 PM

mashala
good for you brother
mashala

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamed
mashala
good for you brother
mashala

Salamualikum.
Bro say 'Masha'Allaah' NOT 'mashala' :sunny:

hamed
10-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Masha'Allah brother
^^

World_peace0
10-09-2007, 05:20 PM

AlhamdAllah. Jazakam Allah Kheiran. Ameen.:D

cute123
10-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Welcome akhi to islam, you have chosen the right path, may ALLAH TALLAH make things easy for you all

Asma

B3L1
10-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Masshalah.. i want to say same as Asma says.. you have choosen the right path.

EsRaA_eg
10-17-2007, 05:21 AM
mashaa allah & alhamdu lilah
congratulations

MuslimahBarb
10-18-2007, 02:54 AM

Masha Allaah for both of you for your decision to become Muslims. I made this same exact choice and took Shahadah 4 yrs ago this past July. I will make dua for the both of you. How did the month of Ramadan go for you and your fiancee?

Salam
Sister Barb

amani1988
10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
congratulations for both of u
and hope to comtinue this great straight way

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Mash Allah. :D

Sunnih
10-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Mashallah. Allahuma barik alejkum.

May Allah strengthen you and keep you steadfast upon the strait path.

islamic
10-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Selam brother. Talk with some good Imam about this, talk with some good muslim doctor about this. Allah doesn't want to make it heard for us. If she can, she must fast, if she can't .. let her try fast some (not all days) days of Ramadhan. You should solve the problem with anorexia first, after that it will be good fasting. We will make dua for you and for her BUT beside dua you should take care for her.
This is my opinion, hope it does agree with the Islamic one.

Rare Rose
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
That is wonderful my brother
Allah bless u and ur fiancee..

Muslim_person
11-05-2007, 07:21 AM
اسلام عليكم

We are proud of you.

jouju
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Allahu akbar
Am really happy for the two of u
Don giv in to the temptations of ibliis
Am praying for you both

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.