/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye

Walter
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi Everyone:

I just received a message banning me from commenting. I wish to thank all of those with whom I had the pleasure of corresponding. I thoroughly enjoyed each communication.

Woodrow and Al Habeshi, thank you for your patience.

Islamirama, Fi_Sabilillah, MustafaMc, Abdul Fattah, Doorster, Ummzayd, Back to Faith and VPB, know that evidence can be interpreted.

Purset Ambrosia, you are beyond value to this forum.

Zman, Zoro and Trumble, we only corresponded briefly, but thank you for your perspectives.

Qatada, Rav, thank you for trying to understand.
Ansar, govern wisely.

Grace Seeker, Keltoi & Michael, the ministry of reconciliation.

Imam, God is One

Best regards,
Grenville

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ISLAMASWEENEY
09-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Bye Bye Brother Or Sister.

Md Mashud
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
You'll be back :skeleton:

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Come Back Soon Brother Or Sister.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
09-22-2007, 02:24 AM
How can you be still posting if you are banned? Are you sure you didn't misunderstand the pm?

جوري
09-22-2007, 03:23 AM
Grenvile.. you were/are a wise member of this forum.. I can't possibly understand how you are banned and able to write? there are sections that are closed in Ramadan, could possibly be a simple case of being amiss?..
....besides that you can't honestly expect a simple you can't comment here to break you ( you are much stronger than that) and actually bring your debates to a level.. have you any ideas how many of my topics get rejected, removed or edited? -- (a great deal)

peace!

glo
09-22-2007, 06:27 AM
God bless you, Grenville. May he lead you into new places.

You'll be missed around here.

guyabano
09-22-2007, 08:31 AM
PA is right, some sections are closed during Ramadan. I guess you missunderstood something.

IB-Staff
09-22-2007, 08:37 AM
I don't even see a warning in your profile, let alone a ban lol. Some sections ARE closed temporarily for Ramadan.

Malaikah
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
:sl:

Perhaps someone should PM him. :D In case he doesn't return to the thread.

Kittygyal
09-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi.
Oh Bye Man but you'll be back.
Greetings.

Aisha20
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Be back soon...!

Walter
09-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone:

I received an e-mail stating that I am not to participate in any discussion that has anything to do with the topic of Islam. Then I found that I could not reply or post in any of the LI forum areas that I used to post in. I tried again just now and got the same result. When do the Ramadan restrictions end?

Regards,
Grenville

The Ruler
09-24-2007, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grenville
When do the Ramadan restrictions end?
End of Ramadaan?

I haven't come across your posts, but I believe that a member who steps down in gracefully is to be respected indeed.

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Qatada and Fi_Sabilillah = same person :p

grenville are you sure you were banned from commenting? :)

anyway if you decide to stick around im sure eventually we will end up corresponding

sevgi
09-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi Everyone:

I received an e-mail stating that I am not to participate in any discussion that has anything to do with the topic of Islam. Then I found that I could not reply or post in any of the LI forum areas that I used to post in. I tried again just now and got the same result. When do the Ramadan restrictions end?

Regards,
Grenville
do u know which mod emailed u? perhaps one of them online can shed some light on it...maybe email u again...

u are definetly not banned....i wonder whats up..maybe it was just a mistake...

peace mate...

Walter
09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Dear LI Community:

Thanks to Woordow’s investigations, and after a more careful review of the e-mail that I received, I confirm that I was not banned at all by LI, but by a Christian web community to which I was posting.

The receipt of the e-mail simply happened to coincide with the Ramadan restrictions. After scanning through the e-mail on my Blackberry monitor, and reading the part banning me from participating in any discussions on Islam, and having just finished a debate with Imam where we had conflicting opinions, and realizing that I could no longer post in some LI forum sections, I incorrectly assumed that I had crossed the line (since I disagreed with an Imam).

I apologise for any alarm that my incorrect assumption has caused, and am grateful to rejoin the LI community.

Regards,
Grenville

p.s After causing such needless alarm, I realize that I am now in no position to make any requests. However, if I am permitted one, I ask that you not post negative comments about the Christian web based community as a result of this incident. Jesus noted that believers should bear with similar scruples.

Thanking you in advance.
Grenville

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
lol great news :)

chacha_jalebi
09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
next time follow the rules :p

na lol your not banned,

come back :D :D welcome again :p

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 07:12 PM
LOL...i thought its Aprils fools day! then i checked my calender...lol

welcome back!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Grenville you drama queen :D

Pk_#2
09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh welcome back :D

Kittygyal
09-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Welcome back then i guess

Woodrow
09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Welcome Back Grenville.

I must not have pushed the Ban button hard enough and we are still stuck with you.

I am certain we can live with your presence and still enjoy your company. That was quite an experience you had. Looking back at things I fully understand how you came to the conclusion you were banned. But, the end result is it all came out right. I am glad you did not give up and sought to find out what was going on.

جوري
09-24-2007, 08:20 PM
this is freaking hilarious, reminds me of a cartoon I once watched as a child... not that anyone wants a story but will share it anyway..
so there was this cute tiny bird who was drowning slowely in some sticky lake, and his family and the whole congregations were there weeping, as he said his goodbyes to his mama, she in turn weeping for her baby.. the pastor bird was already leading the congregation of the faithful and speaking the accolades of the dearly soon to depart bird.. everyone conceding to the fact that he is a goner.. next scene strolls in an out of towner
pulls the bird out of the sticky lake, and the whole congregation rejoices our brother has been returned to us, and they sing as if nothing had happened at all... to the astonishment of the outer towner, they pick up where they left off and start singing their little hearts out...
Congratulations Grenville... you have just been through the revolving door ...let's rejoice

tomtomsmom
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Dear LI Community:

Thanks to Woordow’s investigations, and after a more careful review of the e-mail that I received, I confirm that I was not banned at all by LI, but by a Christian web community to which I was posting.

The receipt of the e-mail simply happened to coincide with the Ramadan restrictions. After scanning through the e-mail on my Blackberry monitor, and reading the part banning me from participating in any discussions on Islam, and having just finished a debate with Imam where we had conflicting opinions, and realizing that I could no longer post in some LI forum sections, I incorrectly assumed that I had crossed the line (since I disagreed with an Imam).

I apologise for any alarm that my incorrect assumption has caused, and am grateful to rejoin the LI community.

Regards,
Grenville

p.s After causing such needless alarm, I realize that I am now in no position to make any requests. However, if I am permitted one, I ask that you not post negative comments about the Christian web based community as a result of this incident. Jesus noted that believers should bear with similar scruples.

Thanking you in advance.
Grenville

If this is "stirring the pot" then please don't respond and I will edit my post, but I can't help but ask. Why can't you post there anymore? I know, I am nosy!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-24-2007, 09:45 PM
HEY purest ambrosia i saw that cartoon!!! it was fuuuuunnnyyyyyyyy!

its about three animals that go to rescue a smaller member of a school after a toxic waste leakage right?

lool those were christian birds aswell, funny cartoon :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
If this is "stirring the pot" then please don't respond and I will edit my post, but I can't help but ask. Why can't you post there anymore? I know, I am nosy!
I think the whole situation has been resolved now.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
I think the whole situation has been resolved now.
yeah....:peace:

CLOSE THREAD PARHAPS....?

Woodrow
09-24-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
yeah....:peace:

CLOSE THREAD PARHAPS....?
Excellent Idea.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.