/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ten annoying things in Ramadhan part one

Showkat
09-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Ten annoying things in Ramadhan part one

1. People who don’t fast and openly smoke, drink and eat in front of you.

2. people waking up for sehri and going back to sleep without praying fajr,

3. People thinking that Ramadhan is only for the duration of your fast i.e as soon as it's time for iftaar, they can do all the stuff they've refrained from doing throughout the day

4. The amount of food that is wasted or goes down the bin

5. The huge number of text messages wishing you Ramadhan Mubarak and the Eid messages

6. During taraweeh prayers you get distracted by millions of phone calls or the racket outside

7. Imams reciting the Quran at Terrawih as if its a grand prix race

8. People arguing about the differences in iftar times in different time tables

9. Non-Muslims asking silly questions and feeling sorry for you

10. People burping next to you in salah because they had too much spicy food

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
09-21-2007, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Showkat

3. People thinking that Ramadhan is only for the duration of your fast i.e as soon as it's time for iftaar, they can do all the stuff they've refrained from doing throughout the day

5. The huge number of text messages wishing you Ramadhan Mubarak and the Eid messages

what's wrong with that?

6. During taraweeh prayers you get distracted by millions of phone calls or the racket outside

sometimes people learn by asking silly questions.

may be better to think about 10 great things about ramadan?
peace

Khayal
09-21-2007, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
peace
Exactly!!:peace:

Na7lah
09-21-2007, 10:49 PM
i havent seen this one yet our imam has a reeeeaaalyy nice voice :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
smile
09-22-2007, 02:11 PM
1 annoying thing is that some muslims start wearing proper clothes and become more humble in ramadaan
and when the month is over they go back to being their normal self

sevgi
09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
i wouldnt term these annoying....just the way it is....they characterise ramadan..it wouldnt be the same without em.

peace.

Muezzin
09-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Being annoyed in Ramadan is like being sad on a bouncy castle.

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-22-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smile
1 annoying thing is that some muslims start wearing proper clothes and become more humble in ramadaan
and when the month is over they go back to being their normal self
and i think some people read salat in Ramadhan, but then forgt about it for the rest of the year

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
lol, true...

NobleMuslimUK
09-23-2007, 01:18 AM

All true and some really funny, are we allowed to contribute to the list. Like the way you present the views in chart topping style ;D :D :happy:

SpeedInfusion
09-23-2007, 01:21 AM
is anyone else annoyed how the mosque packs up with people who think all their sins from 11 months ago will be forgiven as long as they stay good this month? or is it only me? :rollseyes

Al-Zaara
09-23-2007, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SpeedInfusion
is anyone else annoyed how the mosque packs up with people who think all their sins from 11 months ago will be forgiven as long as they stay good this month? or is it only me? :rollseyes
Selam aleykum,

Hmm... We can't judge anyone, like really. Who knows, maybe that particular person with lots of sins never fasted/attended a mosque/prayed before and does this all just one Ramadan, this Ramadan, then he dies and those last good deeds, could save him from something worse?

Allah knows best, seriously! But we know Allah is the most merciful, the most forgiving! And if a Muslim turned to him during his last days, really being sincere about forgiveness, Allah is the ever forgiving!

We do not know the intentions of anyone or his/her destiny...

It's their business what they do, but at least you can be happy they (those who suddenly become practicing) are trying to maintain a good picture while it's Ramadan, the least, and every non-Muslim who knows about this holy month, watches us and by that sees how believing Muslims are... Yeah, it's a minor good side of some people's sudden behaviour, but at least it exists, and by the will of Allah, it could lead that many more are getting practicing even after Ramadan.

Shouldn't we exactly on Ramadan, pray to Allah that He gives us the strength to improve ourselves, our characters and wish the same to other Muslims, give dawah... instead of judging them all ?

Yeah, there are those who are shocking cases, drink alcohol and do haram things etc before and after Ramadan but on Ramadan act like the best... Yeah, it is hypocrisy, but maybe their intentions were good, maybe they said 'I'll change after this Ramadan' (but later didn't fully manage?) ? That's what I wanted to point out... It depends a lot on the intentions.

... A discussion about how people changed to the better after Ramadan, would be much better and much more motivating for others to see.

Just my humble opinion.

Selam aleykum

Pk_#2
09-23-2007, 01:17 PM
i felt the same way as snakelegs person :D

SpeedInfusion
09-24-2007, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Selam aleykum,

Hmm... We can't judge anyone, like really. Who knows, maybe that particular person with lots of sins never fasted/attended a mosque/prayed before and does this all just one Ramadan, this Ramadan, then he dies and those last good deeds, could save him from something worse?

Allah knows best, seriously! But we know Allah is the most merciful, the most forgiving! And if a Muslim turned to him during his last days, really being sincere about forgiveness, Allah is the ever forgiving!

We do not know the intentions of anyone or his/her destiny...

It's their business what they do, but at least you can be happy they (those who suddenly become practicing) are trying to maintain a good picture while it's Ramadan, the least, and every non-Muslim who knows about this holy month, watches us and by that sees how believing Muslims are... Yeah, it's a minor good side of some people's sudden behaviour, but at least it exists, and by the will of Allah, it could lead that many more are getting practicing even after Ramadan.

Shouldn't we exactly on Ramadan, pray to Allah that He gives us the strength to improve ourselves, our characters and wish the same to other Muslims, give dawah... instead of judging them all ?

Yeah, there are those who are shocking cases, drink alcohol and do haram things etc before and after Ramadan but on Ramadan act like the best... Yeah, it is hypocrisy, but maybe their intentions were good, maybe they said 'I'll change after this Ramadan' (but later didn't fully manage?) ? That's what I wanted to point out... It depends a lot on the intentions.

... A discussion about how people changed to the better after Ramadan, would be much better and much more motivating for others to see.

Just my humble opinion.

Selam aleykum

i agree with u 100%, but i was referring to people that i know personally, who, astagfirullah, drink and smoke and have permiscuous sex all 11 months, but then they tidy up in ramadan, and return back to their habbits as soon as eid namaaz is done...

jb17
09-25-2007, 04:03 AM
the only thing that annoys me is 'muslims' who dont fast. people who pride themselves on being religious and dont even take a day to fast, thats the only thing that bugs me, because it is hypocritical.

though i wont be judgmental. i myself havent fasted in the past as much as i should have but im trying to make that up. ive been fasting and even though im ill, im trying to stick it out. i don't know if i'm going to fast tomorrow though, i was a bit too dizzy and felt too ill today, we will see how i feel in the morning. i wish i was healthier :(

north_malaysian
09-25-2007, 04:19 AM
the most annoying thing I've seen in Ramadan.. is that Muslims having iftar in hotels, cafes, restaurants and continue eating, drinking, chatting until it's Isha' prayer time.... which means they dont do Maghrib prayers...:zip:

sevgi
09-25-2007, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
the most annoying thing I've seen in Ramadan.. is that Muslims having iftar in hotels, cafes, restaurants and continue eating, drinking, chatting until it's Isha' prayer time.... which means they dont do Maghrib prayers...:zip:
maybe they pray and then come in to eat???

------
09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
:salamext:

Yup. :-\

lmaestro
09-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Well to me it has to be people going to bazaars or street markets at night.Ramadhan has been a "cultural" celebration here in my country in preparation for Eid.Although I'm not in a position to judge,people are thronging the markets and forgoing their terawih.I hope its only a minority though.

AvarAllahNoor
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM

lol - Not a Muslim, but I know what you mean about this, some Sikh priests do that whilst reciting the Sikh Scriptures. It's like they are on piecework rate.

asma2
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
yh i totaly agree

siFilam
09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
:salamext:

it is annoying when sisters with young children come to the Masjid during Taraweeh and do nothing to prevent their children from running wild and disturb other sisters during Salah. if you have young children stay at home and pray.

its annoying when mothers pray yet their teenage daughters sit in the back and chit chat with their friends.

I feel much better, jazakallah khair.

wasalam
-SI-

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2007, 11:47 AM
:sl:
yeah, lets not mention the mess they leave behind.

Fishman
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM

What I find annoying is people who fast but don't pray, it's kinda stupid doing one without the other. And people who thrust food in your face to taunt you, when you don't feel very hungry anyway.
:w:

jb17
09-25-2007, 08:50 PM
^ thats a weird one lol. ive never seen that.

Fishman
09-25-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jb17
^ thats a weird one lol. ive never seen that.
Mainly rather ignorant non-Muslim teenagers who do that one, so it depends on how many such people you know...

deen_2007
09-25-2007, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
lol.....:D ...so true.

its not annoying things about ramadan.....erm....i think the title/heading needs changing. dnt know to what though:p

SpeedInfusion
09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman

What I find annoying is people who fast but don't pray, it's kinda stupid doing one without the other. And people who thrust food in your face to taunt you, when you don't feel very hungry anyway.

wow i know someone who does that...but then again he says he doesnt believe in islam anymore imsad

jb17
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Mainly rather ignorant non-Muslim teenagers who do that one, so it depends on how many such people you know...
wait, non-muslim teenagers do that? what the ...

NONE of my non-muslim friends would ever do that (& i'm a teen), in fact if they wouldn't eat in front of me, they'd feel bad and stop. but then i'd tell them it's ok and i wasn't hungry anyway.

the funny thing is, i do know people who would probably be like 'oh heres some food' or 'why do you DO that?'. i'm not friends with them but i know people who are that .. smart. i would never talk to those types of people though.

besides the fact that i'm pretty ill and stuff, i find myself in peace during this month. More so then usual. It's a funny thing, I'll feel more hope or different. I wish I felt this way all year... hopefully I'll get into that routine.

north_malaysian
09-26-2007, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
maybe they pray and then come in to eat???
No, Ms Sumeyye...

When I was studying in KL, for several times I've had my Iftar in the city centre which is about 1 hr from the university.

Usually, the iftar time is about 7:10 PM. But by 4:30 PM all tables in all eateries are occupied.

This is from my experience having Iftaar in Central Market. They started to serve the food about 5 mins before Iftaar, so you have to wait for your food as they have to serve everybody's meal. So, they gave the drinks and the complimentary dates first as you wouldn't have your meal yet during Iftaar.

Thus, as we dont want others to occupy our seats, half of us and some other people would go to the only musolla available there and perform maghrib prayers.. when we've done.. we'll sit back and let the other perform prayers.

So, I knew who observe Maghrib and who's not. May God give them guidance. Amin Ya Rabb!

truemuslim
12-14-2007, 04:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
peace
lol thats sa how a non-muslims gives you great advice... the 7th one...HOW DARE YOU! and the 9th one...true..

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 03:30 AM
DID THIS DUDE COME OUT WITH A PART TWO YET?

SORrry caps was on...

MaiCarInMtl
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM

I tried the fasting last Ramadan but not the praying part the way one is meant to do. Then again, I'm not a muslim. But I did pray and talk to God on my own a lot more (and I talk to him every day since and thank him for everything). I really enjoyed the fasting during Ramadan because it made me very thankful for everything I have (education, a job, a home, food, clean water, family and people that I love,good health, etc).

It does make me sad to hear that people are humble for one month (some only do this during the day) and then the other 11 months they do whatever they want. I've also heard that it's getting very commercialized in some places with "Ramadan tents": basically, you pay to get in, eat a buffet-style meal, stick around and talk, smoke shisha and entertainment is provided. People stay there until late at night. I heard about this and just about fell off my chair! :uuh:

saj1985
01-04-2008, 07:48 PM
May Peace Be Upon Muhammad.

The Shaytaan Iblis had such a status,
that even some angels used to ask him for advise.
but this all meant nothing because
the Shaytaan Iblis suffered from Pride,
which was the key to his downfall.

Pride is a Major Sin in Islam.
So the more good we do the more humble we should be,
otherwise we will also suffer from pride.

Yes no one including myself is perfect,
but what we have to remember is,
When Allah Guides someone they will never be led astray,
and when Allah doesnt guide someone they will always be left astray.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.