/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do i repeat my prayer: need answer quick

Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2007, 06:14 AM
:sl:
well, the story goes that some of the yellow stuff that comes out of your eyes when your sleepy or have jut woken up, came out of my eyes and parts of it dried under my eye, but i forgot to remove it. anyways i done wodoo and prayed dhuhr. about 10 min before asr was to enter i remembered that i had forgotten to remove the dried stuff. but by the time i went to make wodoo, etc, asr time had already entered. so what do i do. pay bak dhuhur, or not??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
09-22-2007, 03:56 PM
:salamext:

Is it najas? If not, then why would you need to repeat your prayer?

Soulja Girl
09-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Nope it isn't Najas, so Sis Maryam, you don't have to repeat your Dhuhr Salah again. :)

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
09-23-2007, 02:04 AM
because it solid and water dosn't get under it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2007, 11:44 AM
bump....

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-24-2007, 01:09 PM
:salamext:

I don't know if this applies completely to your situation, but inshaAllah it will answer your question:

http://fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=562

Muhammad
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM

I found the following fataawa, but I don't know how much help they will be:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=69817&ln=eng

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ln=...rowse&QR=45812

I doubt whether we can give you any firm advice on this issue, so it's best to ask a knowledgeable person Insha'Allaah.

Pk_#2
09-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Question:
For a while I have been having some secretions in the inner corner of my eye, in the area between the eye and the nose. When they dry up they leave a crusty scab. This happens several times a day and it usually happens when I check my eyes before each wudoo’. I wash them and I pay special attention to my eyes when doing wudoo’. But sometimes I do not do that then I find these secretions and I do not know if they were there before I did wudoo’ and I did not see them, or if they happened after that, or if they were like grains of sand and the like. Please advise me, may Allaah reward you, because this matter is bothering me. Do I have to repeat my wudoo’ if I find something like this?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah. The inner corner of the eye is that which is next to the nose. Ahmad (22277), Abu Dawood (134) and Ibn Maajah (444) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to wipe the inner corners of his eyes, but this hadeeth was classed as da’eef by al-Albaani in Da’eef Sunan Abi Dawood.

Al-Teebi said: Wiping it is mustahabb as a means of ensuring that wudoo’ is done properly … because the eye is rarely free of kohl etc or white secretions which gather at the corner of the eye. End quote from ‘Awn al-Ma’bood.

The Shaafa’is stated that it is obligatory to wash the inner corners of the eyes when doing wudoo’, and to remove whatever secretions may be there that prevent water reaching the skin. Al-Ramli al-Shaafa’i said in Nihaayat al-Muhtaaj (1/168): The inner corners of the eyes must definitely be washed; if there is anything like white secretions on them which prevent water reaching the place which must be washed, then it must be removed and the area beneath it washed.

In Asna al-Mataalib by Shaykh Zakariya al-Ansaari, discussing the acts that are recommended in wudoo’, it says (1/43): Similarly the inner corners of the eyes that are next to the nose should be rubbed with the forefingers, the right forefinger for the right eye and the left forefinger for the left eye. The same applies for the outer corners of the eyes, and it is Sunnah to wash them if there is no white secretion that prevents water reaching the skin, otherwise washing them is obligatory as is mentioned in al-Majmoo’.

Some of the scholars think that if the secretion is slight, it may be overlooked and that does not affect wudoo’. This is the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Got this from a link bro muhammad gave.:D

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2007, 03:07 AM
jazakallahu khair all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.