/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photos from the Philippines

guyabano
09-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Salaam,

since some photo threads are launched here, sometimes, I like you to join me on a trip to Philippines. Why this country? Well, because my wife is native filipina and we often spend some time in our second residence close to Leyte

Here some pics

Philippines in pouring rain, but still 30 degree temperature

here is a view from the village, my mother in law lives. It's really muddy and literally 'in the jungle'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
09-22-2007, 02:12 PM
:sl:

Seems a lot like the villages in Bangladesh. Thank you for sharing the imges.

:w:

guyabano
09-22-2007, 02:14 PM
A really pityful place to live, specially, when it rained

*Pic Removed*

how to make a tasty drink. Take a coconut, peel the flesh inside...

fill it in a glass with lemon juice..et voila, tasty refreshing drink

guyabano
09-22-2007, 02:20 PM
typical Sari-Sari Shop

*Pic Removed*

a beach where I often take my kids to unwind an take a bath in the warm water

while you go to the beach and swim, you can ask a local to take care of your stuff, for a small fee, of course. They are mostly trustful persons of hotels

*Pic Removed*

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
guyabano
09-22-2007, 02:22 PM
some more pics of the beach

I have loads of more pictures and are willed to post them also.

I just depends on the feedback I get.

Pk_#2
09-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Nice i like your'e first post, amatul malik is right, it's a bit like BD, erm the other pics had sum half naked people in it, the beach water looks really nice lol *jumps in* sum of you're pics might get deleted, post sum more if you like, tc

IbnAbdulHakim
09-22-2007, 03:59 PM
is that u in the first picture? LOL

Pk_#2
09-22-2007, 04:01 PM
ahh man, you made me look at the ugly pic agen, the rain on a hot day must be good thou inay? unless it's hot rain arghhh!

IbnAbdulHakim
09-22-2007, 04:02 PM
i've neva realy felt hot rain, wonda wat its like :ooh:

جوري
09-22-2007, 05:13 PM
nice thread.. why did you call it pitiful? seems charming in its own unique way...
You always have to swap one thing for another in life.. sometimes the simple country life is its own reward..

peace!

guyabano
09-22-2007, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
nice thread.. why did you call it pitiful? seems charming in its own unique way...
You always have to swap one thing for another in life.. sometimes the simple country life is its own reward..

peace!
Humm, yeah, pityful is a wrong word. I would say, 'basic life', no electric, no water, no toilet, nothing. It's just a booth. For a purist life, it would be paradise, for sure.
But I love to be there, away from a rainy cold place I usually live. I will go back only next year in August. It's 13hours by airplane

glo
09-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Beautiful pictures, guyabano!
I'd love to see more! :)

snakelegs
09-22-2007, 10:51 PM
beautiful. thanks for sharing!

Na7lah
09-22-2007, 10:56 PM
nice pics
my teacher is from Philippene and the
pics she shows us are sooo nice

guyabano
09-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Thank you for your warm feedback.

I post some more pics of my trips to different sites in the Philippines. Notice that all pics are my owns.

Some of the pics have been deleted by mods as I'm not always aware of what is allowed and what not. But there is never a bad intention. It's just the point that it is a hot country, and people wear only few. But it is always hard to make landscape pics as the people are very friendly there and jump enthousiastically in front of every lens to be in the frame. :D

These small floating boats are for rent. You can have a lot of fun, specially when you have kids

smiling faces everywhere

Pk_#2
09-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Ha ha they're soo happy they're in the pic, they think they iz famous! :shade:

I was thinking where the lil boats are, they look like small houses with pointy roofs :D

guyabano
09-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Mt. Mayon. One of the seldom 'perfect cone' active volcanos. The city down is 'Legaspi'. We often pass by there.

when Filipinos have nothing to do, or have no people wanting to ride their 'tricycles', they play cards

now they have some customers :D

guyabano
09-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Since my wife and me often make donations to support schools for local kids, we have been invited by the teachers and were allowed to make some pics inside classrooms

guyabano
09-23-2007, 09:40 AM
When it rains, it really rains hard, but the rain is so warm that you could take a shower outside. That is the rainy season in the Philippines

Our decent small house in Subic Bay, not far away from the birth place of my wife, Olongapo. It is kept decent to avoid burglars. My wife's mom take care of the house and also live inside when we are not there.

every year I go back, I try to move on with the work. The surroundings still look a little bit ugly

guyabano
09-23-2007, 09:45 AM
and of course, some sunsets must not miss... :D

Ummu Sufyaan
09-23-2007, 10:33 AM
mashallah, some really nice pics. i love the ones of the beach. really nice.

Na7lah
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
the lil kids are soo cute :D

جوري
09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
wonderful pics Guyabano, thanks so much for sharing, these sunsets are breathtaking, I love how all the colors espouse and become so harmonious, the sky and the sea reflect each other as if old friends meeting at the end of the day.. so poetic yet not a word is uttered.. .. did you take these? you are very good with the camera-- we are seeing a totally different side of you.. Ramadan brings out the best in all people... I am so glad the charged sections are closed... so people can do human at its best...

peace!

guyabano
09-24-2007, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
wonderful pics Guyabano, thanks so much for sharing, these sunsets are breathtaking, I love how all the colors espouse and become so harmonious, the sky and the sea reflect each other as if old friends meeting at the end of the day.. so poetic yet not a word is uttered.. .. did you take these? you are very good with the camera-- we are seeing a totally different side of you.. Ramadan brings out the best in all people... I am so glad the charged sections are closed... so people can do human at its best...

peace!

Thank you. Yes I took all pictures myself. I own an NIKON F90 and an digital CAM SONY DSC F828 (and a few smaller ones) and I enjoy making pics. I have nearby 400 GB pics of around the world which I travelled in my former job. I could spam the whole forum with pic threads, but I think, the mods will not appreciate as none are related to Islam (as the purpose of this forum is)

north_malaysian
09-24-2007, 07:22 AM
"Salamad po" for the pics....:peace:

جوري
09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Thank you. Yes I took all pictures myself. I own an NIKON F90 and an digital CAM SONY DSC F828 (and a few smaller ones) and I enjoy making pics. I have nearby 400 GB pics of around the world which I travelled in my former job. I could spam the whole forum with pic threads, but I think, the mods will not appreciate as none are related to Islam (as the purpose of this forum is)
I took a photography course back in college as an elective.. didn't prove very good at it :-\ .. my pictures are not sharp where they are supposed to be or soft where they need to be I blame it all on the shutter speed ofcourse :lol: I humbly accept my limitations and areas where I am not gifted

we have many wonderful picture threads where you can participate... believe it or not looking at nature and marveling can be a form of worship if it leads to reflection.. thus your photo might actually be very purpose of the forum related.. It is advisable religiously and medicinally to take time to reflect, decompress, to appreciate the universe we live in, to take comfort in the provisions provided us therein and smile every once in a while as it is a form of charity toward your fellow man...

peace!

guyabano
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
"Salamad po" for the pics....:peace:
Salamat po...with a 't' :D

Nawal89
09-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Subhanallah those sunsets are aweeeesommmee!

suleman
09-24-2007, 04:43 PM
they are very truly nice

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics, everybody seems so happy in the pics....I like the beach

north_malaysian
09-25-2007, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Salamat po...with a 't' :D
ok... Salamat po!!!

You can speak tagalog? :p

Maybe you should open a Tagalog language thread...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.