View Full Version : plz plz plz helpppp

ayesha_786
09-22-2007, 08:56 PM
is there any dua to increase the height ?:blind:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
09-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Selam aleykum

Don't mean to sound harsh, but sister, be happy with the body Allah subhana wa ta'ala gave you
There's people who have far worse problems than being small.

unknown_JJ
09-23-2007, 10:59 PM
lol aww

Woodrow
09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayesha_786
:w:

There is a very strange thing about height. we all grow to the exact height Allah(swt) has planned to be best for us.

We need not make Dua for height, we need to make Du'a to thank Allah(swt) for what he has given us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Md Mashud
09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Your a sister in Islam, height isn't much of an issue. Its much harder to accept being short as a male :P (not that I am alhamdulillah).

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
^you lot jumped to conclusions....what if she really does have a serious problem with height (i think you know what i mean)

just make Du'aa from your heart sister....

AnonymousPoster
09-24-2007, 09:47 AM

Aww Ayesha :statisfie May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) bless you :p :D

rozeena
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Your a sister in Islam, height isn't much of an issue. Its much harder to accept being short as a male :P (not that I am alhamdulillah).
true say. yeh yeh ofcourse da bro isnt talkin bout himself evri1! lol. onli jokin

rozeena
09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
aww sis, girls hu r short r sooooooo cute trus me n plus u cn wear stilloutoes( dnt fink spelt it right lol) to increase ur height. bt seriousli beta 2 b short as gal, den reali tall cus den u stand out.bt seriousli its cute,

*~Sofia~*
09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Salams sis,

i no how u feel sister, im quite short too, and it really use to bug me before.. but know i dnt really care anymore, there are loads of asian gurls who are short,we're not the only ones. I dont see it as a major problem anymore, coz i it aint! we're perfectly healthy alhamdulillah and height just isn't worth stressin over :D

There is a very strange thing about height. we all grow to the exact height Allah(swt) has planned to be best for us.

We need not make Dua for height, we need to make Du'a to thank Allah(swt) for what he has given us.
brother Woodrow said it well, i dnt fink i cud have said it better maself :thumbs_up

and sister rozeena is right, us gurls are lucky, if height still gets u down, resort to high heels, bound to give u an extra few inches lol :D

So sister Ayesha, dnt be sad bout ur height, be glad that ur healthy and well and just smile :D :D :D :D (there are so many people out there who are far worser off).

take care sister,
W'salam
x

AnonymousPoster
09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
why increase it? seriously, being short is favoured by many. i prefer short to tall, tallness sucks ;o

bewildred
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
What a wishful thinking sis Ayeshe. In this case, there would be a dua for weight loss/gain, intelligence, beauty...... But life ain't that way. Unfortunately.

Bewildred S.

The Ruler
09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Not that I know of... But monkey bars do help. No, seriously.

Kittygyal
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM
:sl:
I always wanted to ask this question but fell embaressed.

The Ruler
09-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Edit

Sheba
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Very nice and wise reply.

deen_2007
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Goog things come in small packages!!! being small/short is good.....thats what i say to ppl...

snakelegs
09-25-2007, 12:00 AM
maybe you should pray for help in accepting yourself just the way you are....

*~Sofia~*
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Liúyú de Lian
Not that I know of... But monkey bars do help. No, seriously.

^ :lol: thats wot my dad use to tell me when i was little, always told me to go on the monkey bars at the park... i think they helped a bit... :-\

w'salam

Muslim_person
09-25-2007, 08:10 AM
aselamu alakum sister

Ramadan Karim,
Please thank Allah by what he gave you. Always say Alhamdulilah and ask for forgiveness rather than seeking for height.

Samira_01
09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Asalamu 3leykum

Be happy .. life is a test ..just have patience .. {wa sabarun Jameel}

remeba dose who are way worser den u . how do dey feel ..
say alhamdulilah .. and thank Allah wat he has given you .. i no how u feel sis .. every1 wished to look perfect .. but all we need is patience :)

wa3leykum salam
peace:peace:

jb17
09-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't know your situation, you could be 3 feet tall and everyone could be telling you to accept it and this and that, if it really is this serious maybe you can see the doctor and see if stretches or anything can help?

If you are around the 5 feet mark it's not really that bad, it's not that great being super tall just so you know... on days where you feel like just being invisible you just can't.

Muslim Woman
09-26-2007, 03:04 AM

u may do some exercises & pray like this :

O Allah , if it's good for my this life & hereafter to be more taller , then pl. grant it for me & make it easy for me.

I guess , this will be considered as halal :)

ayesha_786
09-26-2007, 04:27 AM
thanx alot well but i feel very bad i am just 5.2' and all of my bro n sister are like 6' :( thats why i feel bad

ayesha_786
09-26-2007, 04:31 AM
well but still i will dua for myself bcoz i m asking from Allah not anyone else :D
and plz bro n sis dua for me

Anwarica
09-26-2007, 04:54 AM
well but still i will dua for myself bcoz i m asking from Allah not anyone else :D
and plz bro n sis dua for me
Let's remember the rule, when people say Dua to recover from a disease, it doesn't work without proper medications or even food! .. so, when it comes to life issues, we're taught not to say Dua and just wait, there must be some work.
If your age is less than 18 years old, there's a chance to get taller since ossification didn't occur to all bones .. the less age you are, the more chances you have when you use the monkey bars.

P.S. your height isn't bad at all, in fact it's an advantage .. you're lucky!
Say Alhumdolilah :)

Looking4Peace
09-27-2007, 02:47 AM
whats so bad about being short? my friend is Guatemalan and they are some short people Just like many asians and latin americans but the cutest things in my opinion. Giant people scare me if anything lol. I saw this girl who had to be at least 7'2 maybe even taller once and believe the men were all moving away from her like ahhhhhhhhh what is that. Be greatful.

Isambard
09-27-2007, 04:42 AM
Just wear really big shoes

jb17
09-27-2007, 05:47 AM
lol 5'2?? thats not small!!! jeez, i can see you wish you were like your brothers and sisters and what not but ... seriously?

ill tell you something, im in your situation but the other way around. my sisters are both 5'5 or under, around that mark. im pretty much around 5'9.. and yes im a girl. its not easy being different but at the same time i get attention they dont and although i hate attention and am not a seeker of it, it just proves that being different can be a good thing, maybe you should accept who you are. 5'2 is not that small, i see people that height all the time, its quite average. plus there are big shoes! my sisters wear big shoes sometimes!

but you know what?
my sisters werent very athletic.. i was, i ran but not too much and i swam and did stretches and pilates, so MAYBE pilates can help you, stretches and yoga..etc. and milk! lots of it. calcium.. all the good stuff. my sister grew an inch when she was 20!

Grace Seeker
09-28-2007, 05:10 AM
thanx alot well but i feel very bad i am just 5.2' and all of my bro n sister are like 6' :( thats why i feel bad
You are the exact same height as my wife.

Ayesha, I can understand your desire to be taller. I have a female freiend who is 5'11" and she feels that she is too tall. My son has extremely curly hair and keeps it short because he doesn't like people to see his curls. My daughter has straight hair and is always trying to curl it. For myself, I would like to loose more than just a few pounds. Most of us have something about ourselves that we would like to make different. Some things we can, and some things we can't.

I don't know how old you are, height can seem very important when you are young as you watch your friends grow past you. I remember that feeling when I was in the 8th grade. I was the shortest person in my entire class. I eventually did grow, but not everyone does.

I have a friend who will never be even close to 5'0", let alone 5'2". She suffers from dwarfism. She is 3'8" and hopes to someday be as tall as her 4'2" mother. You would tower over them. So, as you could literally look down on them, what opinion would you have of them?

Would you think of them as being of less value than you? Would you make fun of them? What would you think of others who sometimes do make comments about their height? Can you see how those same thoughts might apply to your situation?

And while you are thinking about it, realize that in some cultures you would actually be tall. One of my daughters is from Hong Kong. She lived with me for one year as an exchange student. She is 5'3" and while living with me she felt like she was living in the land of the giants, for while the average height of a girl in the United States is only about 5'4", in the area where we live it is probably closer to 5'6' or even 5'7". So, she was the second shortest girl in her class. But back home in China, she is the second tallest, because the average height there is only 5'0".

So, while you may feel short amongst your siblings, it doesn't really mean that you are short. These things are all relative, and in this case it sounds like some relative passed along height genes that make you pretty normal compared with other women in the world, just not compared to your brothers.

Ultimately, I think Brother Woodrow gave you something worth remembering, that Allah has made you just the way Allah wanted you. If you believe that is true, then you simply need to learn to accept the body that Allah has given you as his gift to you. Even my friend with Dwarfism has learned that she can either spend all her time worrying about her height or she can learn to deal with it. She's chosen the latter, because she realized that no amount of worry or complaining was going to change anything. Though that doesn't keep her from praying to eventually make it to at least 4'0".

zarhad
09-28-2007, 05:28 AM
be happy with your height, be happy you have health which is even more important then hight

Samiira
09-28-2007, 06:55 AM

Dear sister, say Alhamdulilah that Allah gave you legs to walk and good health. Think about the people who dont have legs at all. Say Alhamdulilah, say istaqfurullah, say Allahu Akbar.

piXie
09-28-2007, 03:12 PM
:salamext:

lol i don't think there are any specific du'as to increase height, but u can always do du'a in your own words.

If we want something we should always ask Allah bearing in mind that He accepts our du'a. Sometimes straight away, sometimes later on, whenever the All-wise thinks best. Allah says that he loves it if u ask Him. Infact He gets Angry, if we dont :skeleton:

n ask Him u can do for anything, height, weight gain, weight loss, wealth, health, spouse, Anything u want

now that doesn't mean we can start pleading with Him to make us fly or something :rollseyes

khair...

having said that, the thing i wanted to make us aware of, and like the other brothers n sisters have been saying, tht there ARE more important things to ask for than height and beauty. that doesn't mean we can't ask for them. No, ask for as many things as u want. BUT we should also ask for the more important things along with it. thing's that would help us in OUR MISSION in life, which all of us should be trying to fulfill, n which Allah will ask us about on the Last Day.

just saying that because many times we are too busy n concerned abt asking for worldly things, that we forget our Akhirah and everything else :-\

so along with making du'a to increase ur height, lets also remember to pray for the Liberation of the Ummah, and for Allah to help them in these times of crisis. We have to ask Allah to save us from the punishments of the hereafter, give us ILM, good character, and keep us on Siratal Mustakeem etc. :)

because if we are not on the straight path, then whatever we have in this world is not going to benefit us because we will be using it up for a cause other than Allah's.

n then after making du'a, we try ourselves too. In the case of increasing our height its going to bed on time, getting enough calcium and protein, making sure we are not doing anything that displeases Allah etc, so that He accepts our du'a insha'Allaah.

the rest we leave to Allah and trust Him in whatever he does

If Allah doesn't accept our du'a, then a believer should know n understand, that it wasn't good for him/her. we know that any du'a we ask does not get wasted, if its not answered in this world, it will be substituted with something so much better on the day of Judgement. the time when we will need it most.
n th thing it will be substituted for is a surprise, so wonderful that we will wish non of our du'as were accepted in this short temporary world. Subhan'Allaah, i like tht Hadith :smile:

those of us who are happy with a few of Allah's blessings, Allah will be happy with a few of their good deeds. plus, if u dont get taller, dont feel bad coz..

1. 5'2 is a nice height for a girl

2. u'll get a nice variety in the family, some tall, some short :D

But if Allah does accept ur du'a n increases your height, then know that it's a trust from Him, n u must use it in His way. because on the Day of Judgement, we will be asked about everything He gives us and what we did with it. n we need to remember tht Allah can also take our blessings away when we are not thankful. n the real meaning of being thankful is OBEYING Allah.

insha'Allaah, i hope tht helped. If not, then i hope this helps. :p

S_87
09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
:Sl:

sis look at it this way, you can wear heels :)

anonymous
09-29-2007, 08:28 PM
^o)^o)^o)^o)^o)

AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gurl I went thru d same phase but u kno wha.... 5 2 aint short at alll man, Id rather be average then TALL trrrrust me heels make one hell of a difference.

Besides jus remember that ya height goes wid ya build, probs average 4 u dat nways

PLUS ull find ders always ppl shorter then u!!

INIT N DAT

SAFE N DAT!!

Al-Zaara
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:Sl:

sis look at it this way, you can wear heels :)
Now, that's a good point!!!

Hey, I'm 5'3... I see it as almost the perfect height. :D lol Elhamdulillah I am happy with it at least... Nothing else matters.

Selam aleykum

Al-Zaara
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Selam aleykum

I think the best answers have been given and it's time to close this thread... InshaAllah you're feeling better sis!!!

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!