/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i cnt bare My mothers sadness anymore! what can I/WE do?

AnonymousPoster
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
:cry:

All her life she lived a life of stress, sadness & abuse (physical & mental). she describes her childhood life as being quite poor, & because she was the eldest of a family of 8, she always had to take on all the stress and sadness (even if that meant missing a meal & pretending she ate). But she had sabr-she always believed that if she took all the sadness and not speak back, one day she will get happiness in return.

After she married my father (who lived in London) she thought that would be the end of her sadness. a week could not go by, she realised my father was a dominant male. One who believes a woman should not speak up, complain or express any emoitions or make any contributions to decisions of any kind. Months could not go by, she got to experince dosmetic violence-BUT STILL my mother did not speak a word.:cry: My father lways had a faoul mouth and a beating my mother for anything that frustrates him was just a routine as my mother puts it. She still did not speak back to him. she wept alone, asking allah to help her, and she continued to live in that hope!:cry:

By the time my father got my mother over to London, my eldest two sisters were 4 and 1yrs old. My mother came to know that my father was ready to marry another woman. She didnt speak a word. not that he informed her, she says that though it hurt her, she never questioned him nor said no. So as my brothers and sisters were born (im the youngest, 7th in line), verbal abuse, physical abuse was just part of a wekkly life. My mother tells us, she only clinged on hoping Allah will answer her prayers one day, and maybe when her children grow up, thats when she'll have her prayers answered.

Most of our life, as far as i can remember (im 21 now) my father always has been back in his home country. he visits London now n then. But for the past 10 yrs he has been in Bangladesh. he has enough income in Bangladesh to live a happy life. land, buildings, shops...etc...makes his life luxurious in Bangladesh. Where did all this come from? my mother tells us, how she had to do home lining work from fazr to 1am everyday, earning money so he can buy all those possesions. what did she get out of it? nothing. she used to work for him, and any mistakes...she used to get beaten up. food at home was econmic and restricted as she puts it. because every penny was important for him. :enough!: my eldest sister even cries now, when she remebers the nights he used to beat her & rape her too! :cry: :cry: :cry:

majority of our lifetime, our mother brought us up alone while our father enjoyed his lifestyle in bangladesh! Because of that my eldest 2 brothers have been difficult for my mother to look after. from their age of 15, they were into crime and law breaking. hpw much can my mkther do to control them alone? and how much could my sisters help?:cry: My mtoher need my father support when her children were in their teens! but he wasnt there....the result? ? ?
.....BOTH my brother have been heroin drug addicts from the age of 20, they are in their late 20's now. My father knows of this, but still he explains its all my mothers fault! and he doesnt lend his hand in help. As im the younget im still at home with my mother and my 2 brothers. my sisters are married and have their own family.:cry:

everyday at home we live a life of hell. My mother is trapped in a house with two drug addicts who can get abusive-physically if she or anyone speaks a word. My mother gets £40 income support-but thats not enough after rent and bills, her sons do not earn and my partime job isnt enough to feed us 4. again she continues to live a life of stress, sadness and lack of food. majority of our valubles in our house have been stolen by our own brother for their drug need. my mother also has a lot of debt to pay, when she asks my father for a help in hand he refuses to help. she also has one land in bangladesh, which is enough to pay her debt and rehab her sons. but he doesnt let her sell it as he makes money from it. :cry:

Last night my mother got too emotional and was crying. My brothers have stolen my nephews IPOD and though they deny it, my sister is hitting the roof, and putting my mother through all the stress. EVERY1 seems to blame my mother for not doing something to my broters! but what can she do as a old woman? the law will not take them away as they are not abusing her. she doesnt have the physical strenght to fight them, or kick them out.And because their her sons, she feels she needs to help them. :cry:

last night she was complaining that she cannot take it anymore. she hardly has enough money to eat, let alone live with them. My father is loaded with money but he has many more dreams to fufil let alone help her. she is lubbard with my brothers. she is depressed because of how her life is and has been.

MY MOTHER NOWADAYS CRIES TO commit suicide! she says if only it wasnt forbidden in islam, she would have killed herself. she cannot take it anymore. none of us can help her. (my brothers have been rehabd several times)! I made my mother stay up last night and read taujud prayers b4 fajr. i told her its all up to allah. But seriously i dnt even uderstand! why has allah made my mothers life like this? when will he give her a bit of happiness? when!!!

pls make dua 4 my mother, i think shes been going through depression for long enough now. and i do not want to loose her because of this! when will this sadness end for her???????????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-25-2007, 03:02 AM
Sister.. I am truly sorry for all your troubles.. I will keep you in my prayers..
sis you need to enroll your family in some counseling program and get in touch with social services so someone can oversee your case daily.. suicidal ideation and depression are beyond two words that anyone can dispense on a public forum
There is no quick fix here... years of abuse will not take one post to undo...
hold steadfast to your faith and make du3a but also be VERY PROACTIVE if you expect a positive change.
waslaam 3lykoum wr wb

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Sister.. I am truly sorry for all your troubles.. I will keep you in my prayers..
sis you need to enroll your family in some counseling program and get in touch with social services so someone can oversee your case daily.. suicidal ideation and depression are beyond two words that anyone can dispense on a public forum
There is no quick fix here... years of abuse will not take one post to undo...
hold steadfast to your faith and make du3a but also be VERY PROACTIVE if you expect a positive change.
waslaam 3lykoum wr wb
:w:

this can not be over emphasized:

suicidal ideation and depression are beyond two words that anyone can dispense on a public forum

Outside intervention is needed. When the situation is that serious, the people in the family are too close to the problem to see the solution. You may be the only one who is aware of the seriousness. Do not be afraid to take action and seek help from people within your community. This will most likely mean seeking help from a trusted Imam and medical advice.

rozeena
09-25-2007, 09:37 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: reading that has brought tears to my eyes. I totaly feel for your mum, it must be soo hard 4 her. I will keep her n ur family in my prayers.i pray allah brings happiness to your mum n your family n may your brothers learn from their mistakes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
subhaNAllah! assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

all good n bad is surely from Allah.

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala said that if this world was worth even the wing of a mosquito in his sight to him then he wouldnt even give a drop of water of it to a disbeliever.

Your mothers being tested severely but surely it isnt more severe then the test of Asiya' wife of firawn... look to these examples dear sister inshaAllah...
Asiya never wanted firawn because she was a pious believer... yet when firawn found her to be a believer he stripped her from head to toe and hung her from her breast whilst torturing her... he continued this till she passed away in such a state. Before she passed away she asked Allah for a mansion in paradise... she just wanted paradise...

Ur mother is also severely being tested, and this could very well be because Allah loves her much so is building a case for her in favour of entering the highest jannah... because jannah isnt free...

sister your brothers... why dont you find a way to either change them or leave them? your mother doesnt have to put up with them like this...

sister i hope your mother gets jannah, wallahi this life is nothing, all its sadness is nothing

hav sabr, u'll be in our dua's...

sevgi
09-25-2007, 04:04 PM
subhanallah indeed...

:sl:

plz take heed of all posts here...they are very valuable...

deepest deepest feelings sis...i didn ot grow up in a far behind situation...probably a little more complex, but much less severe...

at the end of the day remind ur mother that "la yukalifullahu nefen illa vusaha" she will not be burdened with a load she cannot carry...ever...Allah promises this.

there are two types of silence...one is full of serenity, and the other is full of vesvese...

her silence is full of shytans voice...suicide etc...not healthy thoughts...make sure there is always quraan being read in the air to clear up the negative atmosphere and her mind...

but u must get external help...u must...

all my life i sat there rejecting all forms of external help from organisations, institutins, my frends etc...i thought that it was too deep to resolve, they wouldnt understand, etc...but seriously sis...if u love ur mum...and ur brothers..u must get help...

this may require money bt im sure u can find free govt public help somewhere...just start and Allah will bring on the rest inshallah...

u and ur family are in all our duas inshallah...

AnonymousPoster
09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
subhanallah indeed...

plz take heed of all posts here...they are very valuable...

deepest deepest feelings sis...i didn ot grow up in a far behind situation...probably a little more complex, but much less severe...

at the end of the day remind ur mother that "la yukalifullahu nefen illa vusaha" she will not be burdened with a load she cannot carry...ever...Allah promises this.

there are two types of silence...one is full of serenity, and the other is full of vesvese...

her silence is full of shytans voice...suicide etc...not healthy thoughts...make sure there is always quraan being read in the air to clear up the negative atmosphere and her mind...

but u must get external help...u must...

all my life i sat there rejecting all forms of external help from organisations, institutins, my frends etc...i thought that it was too deep to resolve, they wouldnt understand, etc...but seriously sis...if u love ur mum...and ur brothers..u must get help...

this may require money bt im sure u can find free govt public help somewhere...just start and Allah will bring on the rest inshallah...

u and ur family are in all our duas inshallah...
:sl: thank you all for your replies.

i just wanted to add my mother only recenlty, a few times said while crying (when dad or my brothers made her upset) that if suicide was not forbidden in islam, she would have comitted it. However deep inside im sure my mother will NOT do it. but it breaks my heart to hear my mother say it. i understand she feels that there isnt a road for her in this world which will take her away from her stress, sadness & problems.:cry:

I think my mother doesnt understand why Allah would have made her life so miserable! she questions within her self, because from what she can see all her life from her childhood she never got a month of happiness or peace. Sometimes my mother 'gives up'. i dnt think she thinks she's anywhere near getting reward for all this. Though she's the one who taught us all, that if we have sabr, we will get something good at the end, whether here or in the afterworld. But i feel shes lost all hope. i also feel frustrated like all my sisters!:cry:

Just because my mother stays silent, and never speaks back to anyone, never ask for anything, accepts whatever is given to her......WHY is it that all her life has to be like this. My mothers reaching 60. and believe me people, the amount of stress and problems my mother has....just the stress in itself, i believe is whats going to make her fall ill. the only thing i ask from Allah is for him to give her a happy ending in her life. something she's been waiting for all her life.:cry:

ive just listed a few of her problems. A lot of the issues which upset her is when people blame her for others wrong doing. Its like 'your sons did this, so its your fault' and 'your daughter refused to marry her cousin so its all the mothers fault'....:cry:

Frequently my father gets my mother upset, when he insults her maternal family. He thinks hi all rich and because their poor they will try and tae all his valuebles. he also belives that because they are poor, they are a digrace to his 'name'. he shouts all sorts of names to my grans & the family. & obviously that makes my mother upset. After she married my father, he stopped her from visiting her family. and now, she is restricted.:cry:

anyway all...thank you 4 ur support. i guess i wrote this because i find LI very helpful & sometimes it eases stress for me. & by doing this, it gives me the ability to think, of how to help my mother. Last night i made her understand its all a test. I also made her open the quran and read. Also as she cannot sleep at night anyway i advised her to use that time to stay awake and read taujud before fajr. As a freind advised that allah doesn't refuse whatever you ask at that time (is that correct?)

Kittygyal
09-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Salamualikum.
Dua'ah is the best thing..
Ma'assalama

^..sTr!vEr..^
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Quran--> i guess thats the only solution left... believe me, it has got all the solutions to one's problems and i think at this stage ur mother only n only needs to hold fast to Allah, inshAllah all will be well and inshAllah our prayers are with you n ur family..may Allah make it easy for your mother.
masalam.

Thanaa
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:cry:

my eldest sister even cries now, when she remebers the nights he used to beat her & rape her too! :cry: :cry: :cry:

majority of our lifetime, our mother brought us up alone while our father enjoyed his lifestyle in bangladesh! Because of that my eldest 2 brothers have been difficult for my mother to look after. from their age of 15, they were into crime and law breaking. hpw much can my mkther do to control them alone? and how much could my sisters help?:cry: My mtoher need my father support when her children were in their teens! but he wasnt there....the result? ? ?
.....BOTH my brother have been heroin drug addicts from the age of 20, they are in their late 20's now. My father knows of this, but still he explains its all my mothers fault! and he doesnt lend his hand in help. As im the younget im still at home with my mother and my 2 brothers. my sisters are married and have their own family.:cry:

everyday at home we live a life of hell. My mother is trapped in a house with two drug addicts who can get abusive-physically if she or anyone speaks a word. My mother gets £40 income support-but thats not enough after rent and bills, her sons do not earn and my partime job isnt enough to feed us 4. again she continues to live a life of stress, sadness and lack of food. majority of our valubles in our house have been stolen by our own brother for their drug need. my mother also has a lot of debt to pay, when she asks my father for a help in hand he refuses to help. she also has one land in bangladesh, which is enough to pay her debt and rehab her sons. but he doesnt let her sell it as he makes money from it. :cry:

Last night my mother got too emotional and was crying. My brothers have stolen my nephews IPOD and though they deny it, my sister is hitting the roof, and putting my mother through all the stress. EVERY1 seems to blame my mother for not doing something to my broters! but what can she do as a old woman? the law will not take them away as they are not abusing her. she doesnt have the physical strenght to fight them, or kick them out.And because their her sons, she feels she needs to help them. :cry:

last night she was complaining that she cannot take it anymore. she hardly has enough money to eat, let alone live with them. My father is loaded with money but he has many more dreams to fufil let alone help her. she is lubbard with my brothers. she is depressed because of how her life is and has been.

MY MOTHER NOWADAYS CRIES TO commit suicide! she says if only it wasnt forbidden in islam, she would have killed herself. she cannot take it anymore. none of us can help her. (my brothers have been rehabd several times)! I made my mother stay up last night and read taujud prayers b4 fajr. i told her its all up to allah. But seriously i dnt even uderstand! why has allah made my mothers life like this? when will he give her a bit of happiness? when!!!

pls make dua 4 my mother, i think shes been going through depression for long enough now. and i do not want to loose her because of this! when will this sadness end for her???????????
Your Father beat and raped your sister!?
If thats true, then I suggest, if you havent done so alreasy, that you inform the police immediately. I can understand some people have funny ideas about shame, etc. but that is just not on. People like that need to be dealt with as they continue to ruin other peoples lives, and are a menace to other women.
As for your mother, suicidal tendencies need to be dealt with ASAP. Ive been there. By the grace of Allah, I improved by myself with no counselling, but It was hard. I cant fully describe that abyss people like your Mother and I can fall into, but its very lonely, very cold, and almost impossible to crawl out of. Give her your full support. Call an expert for more advice, and you yourself should do things to try and lift her spirits...even if it doesnt help much, Im sure the fact that youll be reminding her that you care, even if nobody else does will help her.
As for those people shes living with, cant you throw them out, or another relative? Oh, and the law will take them away. For theft. And for any mental or emotional abuse.
As for your father, I think that if it wouldnt stress her out more, that she should divorce him, or at least take him to court for the money that he owes.
Or, you could do it for her.
Allah does not help those who do not help themselves. That is why life is so bad at the moment. Even if its stressful, look at the most logical solutions to you situation...

AnonymousPoster
09-25-2007, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
Your Father beat and raped your sister!?
If thats true, then I suggest, if you havent done so alreasy, that you inform the police immediately. I can understand some people have funny ideas about shame, etc. but that is just not on. People like that need to be dealt with as they continue to ruin other peoples lives, and are a menace to other women.
As for your mother, suicidal tendencies need to be dealt with ASAP. Ive been there. By the grace of Allah, I improved by myself with no counselling, but It was hard. I cant fully describe that abyss people like your Mother and I can fall into, but its very lonely, very cold, and almost impossible to crawl out of. Give her your full support. Call an expert for more advice, and you yourself should do things to try and lift her spirits...even if it doesnt help much, Im sure the fact that youll be reminding her that you care, even if nobody else does will help her.
As for those people shes living with, cant you throw them out, or another relative? Oh, and the law will take them away. For theft. And for any mental or emotional abuse.
As for your father, I think that if it wouldnt stress her out more, that she should divorce him, or at least take him to court for the money that he owes.
Or, you could do it for her.
Allah does not help those who do not help themselves. That is why life is so bad at the moment. Even if its stressful, look at the most logical solutions to you situation...

NO ...not my sis. my mum. my eldest sister says that she used to hear it happen. long b4 i was born. mum never will say anything like that.

and divorce.....my mum wnt go 2 that! all her life she clinged on, and now she wnt, specially now my dads weak n old. (though he still has his mouth which is verbally abusive! his lost his strength to hit her)

regarding my brothers;

1)My brothers dnt hit any1, so the law cnt take them away 4 that.

2) just 4 petty things like ipod and small amount of money, who'd want to jail em?

3) my mother loves em, and dsnt have the ability to kick em out or even call the police.

4) we all are hoping for them to change, we are trying to help em,at every opportunity.

islamirama
09-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Dear sister in Islam,

Our prayers are with you and we are with you. Inshallah you must have sabr and also help your mother have sabr and give her strength. It makes a tremendous amount of difference being all alone in the world and having at least one hand to hold onto that gives you words of strength and comfort. BE that one hand for her, be that one shinning star for her dark world and keep assuring her that better days will come. Allah says after every hardship there is ease. Nothing we can say here can help take everything away but we can inshallah do whatever possible to help.

Inshallah remembering you and your family in our duas this blessed month....

--------------

Aasiyah, the wife of Fir'own. Her Eeman in Allah thrived under the shadow of someone that said, "I am your Lord, Most High!" When news reached Fir'own of his wife's Eeman he beat her and commanded his guards to beat her. They took her out in the scalding noon heat, tied her hands and feet and beat her perpetually. Who did she turn to? She turned to Allah! She prayed, "My lord, build for me a home with you in Paradise and save me from Fir'own and his deeds and save me from the transgressive people."

It was narrated that when she said this, the sky opened for her and she saw her home in Paradise. She smiled. The guards watched astonished, she's being tortured and she smiles? Frustrated, Fir'own commanded a boulder to be brought and dropped on Aasiyah, to crush her to death. But Allah took her soul before the boulder was brought and she became an example for all the believing men and women till the end of time:

[And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe: the wife of Fir'own (Pharaoh) - when she said, "My Lord, Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'own and his deeds, and save me from the transgressive-disbelieving people.] -Tahreem 66/11

The Messenger of Allah (SAL ALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM) said, "Strange is the affair of the Mu'min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu'mmin."

Ibn Al-Jowzee said, "If this Dunya was not a station of tests it would not be filled with sicknesses and filth. If life was not about hardship, then the Prophets and the pious would have lived the most comfortable of lives. Nay, Adam suffered test after test until he left the Dunya. Nuh cried for 300 years. Ibrahim was thrown into a pit of fire and later told to slaughter his son. Ya'qub cried until he became blind. Musa challenged Fir'own and was tested by his people. Eeasa had no provision except the morsels his disciples provided him with. And Muhammad (Sal Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam) met poverty with patience, his uncle - one of the most beloved relatives to him - was slain and mutilated and his people disbelieved in him ... And the list of Prophets and the pious goes on and on."

What happens to us happens by the will of Allah. It is an article of our Eeman in Qada' and Qadr that we are pleased with Allah's choice, Good or seemingly bad it is all the test of this Dunya. How could we imagine that we shall not be tested when those who were better than us suffered what they suffered. They however came away with the pleasure of Allah, Subhaanahu wa Ta'Aala.

There is good news for those who intend to act on their Sabr. Allah promised them three things: His prayer for them, His Mercy, and their guidance. [Who, when afflicted with calamity say, "Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."/They are those on whom the Salawat (i.e. the blessing and forgiveness) of their Lord is upon them, and who shall receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones] -Baqarah 2/157

Allah says [And We made from among them leaders, giving guidance under Our Command, when they were patient.]-asSajdah 32/24.

Sufyan ibn Uyaynah commented, "i.e. When they took hold of the leading issue, we made them leaders!"

Taken from http://www.alinaam.org.za/library/sshukra.htm

Looking4Peace
09-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Um he deserves to be................................................

AnonymousPoster
09-25-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Looking4Peace
Um he deserves to be................................................

see guys...i do love my other more....but i seriously cnt say i hate my dad. im really upset with him 4 never being there 4 her and always thinking his superior then others.

i also do pray he changes, atleast long before he leaves this world. Because my father never misses his prayer, and never stops fasting. he is a muslim, and i would love it if he would even change now n apolegies to my mother.

My mother has a big heart, and she would forgive him anyday.

i wana see my mother happy. and have a husband who cares for her, as i belive thats somethin she wants to. having a husband who never showed he does, must have been hard for her.

thanks all for all the hadiths, and duas. it helps

جوري
09-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Sob7an Allah.. forgive me for not giving this my best reply as I am ill with the flu and can't concentrate, but I must emphasize that you mustn't/can't accept your father's behavior and take the passive approach, he has raped your sister!.. I am speechless.. you or your mother need to file charges, under no circumstance or in any religion is this at all acceptable or should be swept under the rug.. This sort of scars aren't going to go, and you can't even begin to heal with there is constant stimulus from him..
1- you need a restraining order
2-he needs to be tried for rape and battery
3-you need to move away with your mom and start fresh, if you can get a social worker or the state can assign you one
4- the social worker needs to see that you guys get family counseling, if your father is this, I have no reason to doubt why it is, your brothers ended up this way as well...
5- he needs to pay alimony as per Islamic law or your state law, one or the other has to be imposed on him!
this is going to take a long time to fix and longer to heal, but you need that first step.. you have already taken the first step by coming here and baring your soul, but now you need to go the next step sister...
I don't want to give religious advise here as I am no scholar, I have read however that on the day of judgement people will be asked why they chose to let themselves be humiliated, they will be asked, wasn't God's earth vast that you could have chosen better? 'la yaheen almar'a nafsih'... if you don't speak Arabic it means let no man humiliate himself!

it isn't ok what has happened, but it is even worst if you let your father get away with this, he is a criminal. an incestuous rapist, I am sorry of these words are harsh, but if I knew you personally, I'd have called the cops on him myself!

AnonymousPoster
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Sob7an Allah.. forgive me for not giving this my best reply as I am ill with the flu and can't concentrate, but I must emphasize that you mustn't/can't accept your father's behavior and take the passive approach, he has raped your sister!.. I am speechless.. you or your mother need to file charges, under no circumstance or in any religion is this at all acceptable or should be swept under the rug.. This sort of scars aren't going to go, and you can't even begin to heal with there is constant stimulus from him..
1- you need a restraining order
2-he needs to be tried for rape and battery
3-you need to move away with your mom and start fresh, if you can get a social worker or the state can assign you one
4- the social worker needs to see that you guys get family counseling, if your father is this, I have no reason to doubt why it is, your brothers ended up this way as well...
5- he needs to pay alimony as per Islamic law or your state law, one or the other has to be imposed on him!
this is going to take a long time to fix and longer to heal, but you need that first step.. you have already taken the first step by coming here and baring your soul, but now you need to go the next step sister...
I don't want to give religious advise here as I am no scholar, I have read however that on the day of judgement people will be asked why they chose to let themselves be humiliated, they will be asked, wasn't God's earth vast that you could have chosen better? 'la yaheen almar'a nafsih'... if you don't speak Arabic it means let no man humiliate himself!

it isn't ok what has happened, but it is even worst if you let your father get away with this, he is a criminal. an incestuous rapist, I am sorry of these words are harsh, but if I knew you personally, I'd have called the cops on him myself!

NO....he hasnt raped my sister!!! if he did...i wouldnt accept it...no would my mum! no way would my sis...i dnt think. my father wouldnt do that...im sure.

my mother never said she raped her....my elder sister told me he did rape my mother while hitting her for something...back in the days before many of us wer born.

Hawa
09-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Bismillahi Ar-Rahmani Raheem

Sister first thing you should do is pray two rakats and ask Allah to help your family, ease your mother's burdens and guide your brothers.
Here's a counselling number, for East London Mosque (assuming you live around there) 0207 650 3022, or you can email womenslink@eastlondonmosque.org.uk.

Do you not have family living in your area? Getting them involved might help.

I would advise your mother and you to send your brothers on their way. Quite frankly there are problems that we cannot escape and then there are problems we bring upon ourselves. They are, I believe in their late twenties, and in all honesty, despicable human beings. If they cannot feel compassion towards their mother, and help her in her time of need, then she should not feel or show any towards them. I understand a mother's love is unconditional however their presence isn't helping the situation one bit, she should make dua for them. But for her own sanity, and yours, it's best for them to get lost.

Your mother has destroyed herself by putting up with more than any person needs to. May Allah shower her with mercy and give her hasanah in this dunya and in the aakhira.

If you truly wish to better her situation, sister I would advise you to seek the aid of Bengali elders in your community, go to your local Imam, call the above number...whatever it takes. But most importantly, turn to Allah Most Merciful and He will answer your call.

jb17
09-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Used to rape your mother?

God, what a HORRIBLE man. I'm sorry but I think that's allowed to be said.

I think therapy should be sought out, your mother needs to see someone to help her deal with her issues because that man has left her too scarred.

That is horrible. May Allah deal with him.

snakelegs
09-26-2007, 01:28 AM
what a horrible situation.
purest has given some excellent advice.
please........get help.

جوري
09-26-2007, 04:02 AM
NO....he hasnt raped my sister!!! if he did...i wouldnt accept it...no would my mum! no way would my sis...i dnt think. my father wouldnt do that...im sure.

my mother never said she raped her....my elder sister told me he did rape my mother while hitting her for something...back in the days before many of us wer born.
=(.. I am sorry sis for the mix up.. but he isn't allowed to rape your mother while hitting her either.. don't you see this as bestial? la 7wla wla qiwita ila billah.. no human being deserves that..
Allah has created us dignified, I know you have feelings for him, of course you do, he is your father, no one wants to think or believe that someone so close to them is an awful person, and I can only imagine what confusion this must cause you, he is in a position of power, he undoubtedly loves you as you are his flesh and blood.. but he runs by different definitions than that which is acceptable, religiously, morally or socially, that which is rudiment to most conscionable people.. rapists, murderers, and thieves have mothers who bore them, and I am sure many wonderful people have had awful off spring.. it is unforuntate.. and that is why I tell you, you need professional help and counseling.. you can't sort through these emotions here.. I understand that not all things are defined as black or white.. you can't just iron some of these problems away on a forum....

I do hope you find the courage to do the right thing insha'Allah
I am thinking of you and keeping you in my du3a

Anwarica
09-26-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm speechless, but don't give up following the pieces of advice posted in this topic & Insha'Allah this nightmare will be over soon.

crescentman
09-26-2007, 07:30 AM
:sl: . actully this may be my first post on this forum as I am member less than a day old here, yet during my peruse of old thread I am grip with emotion and very touch on this thread under discussion. And i feel need to say something to ease your or perharp your mother viscititude of life fitna. Because no one who will read that thread with full of heart pouring, will not ask him or herself how will someone be subjected to oppression of that magnitude. Thanks to all good brothers and sisters here that had offered advice and prayer. In one word I will enjoy you to strive and put to practise all what you have read here, every suggestion so far revlolve around taking practical step to involve external councellor and seeking Allah in prayer to ease the situation.

Besides, if the old woman can read, you can print out some of this tread so that she will know that everyone care for her. i eaqually believe she will benefit from life lesson of those pass pious predecessor.

I pray to Allah to ease her fitna beacuse after every hardship, it is always ease as promise by Allah SWT.

Don't let her loose hope, for Allah help is so near. More, so by her age now (around 60) I think should be hopeful to meet Allah with good faith and more so, whatever she has suffer in the past can not be long in terms of lifespan that perharp remain for her. Let her hope for better future so to live a health and long life.

Indeed she has beared witness to prophetic word that this Life is a prison for a believer' Jannah is so near.

I shall keep your family in my prayer
One lesson I learnt in this: is that wether you are black, white, brown inasmuch you are a human being situation of life is alway akin to each other because your LORD is ALLAH. A similar situation occur here in lagos, Nigeria recently

InToTheRain
09-26-2007, 10:56 PM

It really is heart breaking to see the problems people in our Ummah face...you are not alone, many suffer as you do...and I know that doesn't help, but it is important not to suffer alone. A family friend recently had her house revoked because her drugs abusing sons. She is (probabaly) 55 years old and provides for the family, when if only one of her 3 sons worked full time could provides for her . It's sad that after a Mother has bought up a child after their weakened state still has to support them after they have grown instead of them supporting her when she is in her weakened state. The other day my Mom was saying how a wealthy man goes to visit his elderely mother, who is over 60 years of age and lives alone, every blue moon! When he is rebuked for not visiting her more often as she is alone he said "She is not alone, she has a cat"...
Not too long ago I have also heard an elderely Mothers inheritance being denied by her eldest son and being forced on the streets with her youngest daughter whilst her younger Brother lost his mentality due stress.
We also have Muslims all over the world, in Palestine for example, where the children grow up with deep rooted emotional scars from seeing their parents abused by armed Israel soldiers. Kicked, punched, manhandled for searches in humiliating ways and the child watches helplessly. They are forced out their homes and suffer from famine.
Fatim(RA) when ten years old was subjected to such emotional pains as well, she watched as the utbah abu muyaid? dropped camel instestines etc on Mohammad(SAW) in sujood and others tried to strangle him while he was in prayer other times...

The probelms your Mother is facing is not her fault. The husband has been ordered to support the wife financially and take care of her material, spiritual and physical needs, and to treat her in a proper manner.The husband has no right to be abusive or to oppress the wife (and also visa-versa). This is a tremendous sin, and a form of oppression, which the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) warned against, saying, “Oppression is darknesses on the Day of Judgment.” [Muslim]...Your father and brothers are answerable to Allah Most High for what they have done down to the atoms weight.

[PIE]
According to the Ulema/Scholars:

Common Rights Between the Two

There are some rights which each of the two spouses has over the other. These include:

1)The right to enjoy each other.
2)The right to inherit from each other.
3)The right of confirmation of the lineage of their children.

The rights of the wife over the husband:

1)The dowry
2)Support
3)Kind and proper treatment
4)Marital relations
5)Not to be ill-treated (such as physical or mental abuse)
6)Privacy
7)Justice between multiple wives
8)To be taught her religion
9)Defense of her honor

The rights of the husband over the wife are:

1)Being head of the household
2)To be obeyed in all that is not disobedience to Allah [with the limits mentioned: the wife must obey the husband in anything lawful, related to their marriage, as long as there is no harm or contravention of the Shariah in it, or the taking of others' rights (including her own, such as her right to dispose of her own property as she wishes)].
4)Marital relations
5)That she not allow anyone in the house of whom he disapproves
6)That she not leave the house without his permission
7)That she cook for him and keep his house (Note: Scholars are also of the opinion that this cannot be legally forced on them either, if they refuse to do so the husband must provide cooked food)
8)To be thanked for his efforts
9)That she not fast a voluntary fast without his permission

More advice here:
http://www.familylawweek.co.uk/library.asp?i=2726

[/PIE]

[PIE]"A person should help his brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed. If he is the oppressor he should prevent him from doing it, for that is his help; and if he is the oppressed he should be helped (against oppression)." [Sahih Muslim, Book 32, Number 6254]

In light of the above hadith you should take steps if possible to prevent further abuse to your mother, not just for your mothers sake but for the sake of your father and brothers. They are commiting Major sins as your Brothers are abusing their Mother in her old age, stealing etc . Your Father is not fullfilling the rights due to your Mother by not providing the obligated financial support, Acquiring wealth unjustly through her and causing oppression. He has no right over your Mothers land.

In my opinion:
If all forms of reasoning with them failed...You SHOULD get restraining orders etc in my opinion as it seems necessary to stop your brothers and on the possitive side they may change their lifestyle if they realise they can't steal from your Mother to feed their addiction. Your Mother can sell her land, there will be no sin on her part as your father has no rights over it anyway and it will stop him from getting sins, by acquiring money unjustly, on the already accumulated list of many sins he has commited till now. You taking steps to prevent your Brothers and Father from abusing your Mother should NOT be seen as breaking family ties OR giving up on them but rather as a necessary step to be taken to reduce the sins in which they are drowning Insha'Allah. [/PIE]

Resentment and bitterness can tear a person's heart. You don't want to be weighed down by these feelings, so strive to put things in perspective and move on with your life. As Sister PurestAmbrosia and Sister Hawa said, you may want to seek the help of a qualified counselor or therapist to learn some strategies for coping with the pain, learning from it, and moving beyond. Alhamdulillah, You seem to get on well with your sisters and your Mother, Insha'Allah. The man in your family are not helping...unfortunately.

[PIE]The scholars tell us about Allah(SWT):

When He gives us blessings, our duty is to be grateful to Him.
When He sends us hardships, our duty is to be patient.
When He tries us with sin, our duty is to repent.
When He gifts us with acts of good, our duty is to thank Him.

Just some Ayats and hadiths on the importance of being stead fast:

Allah Almighty says, "O you who believe! Be steadfast; be supreme in steadfastness" (3:200),
and the Almighty says, "We will test you with a certain amount of fear and hunger and loss of wealth and life and fruits. But give good news to the steadfast," (W2:154; H2:155)
and the Almighty says, "The steadfast will be paid their wages in full without any reckoning." (W39:11; H39:10)
The Almighty said, "But if someone is steadfast and forgives, that is the most resolute course to follow." (W42:40; H42:43)
The Almighty says, "Seek help in steadfastness and the prayer. Allah is with the steadfast" (W2:152; H2:153)
and the Almighty says, "We will test you until We know the true fighters among you and those who are steadfast" (W47:30; H47:31)

Abu Yahya Suhayb ibn Sinan said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'What an extraordinary thing the business of the believer is! All of it is good for him. And that only
applies to the believer. If good fortune is his lot, he is grateful and it is good for him. If something harmful happens to him, he is steadfast and that is good for him too.'" [Muslim]

Dua for when faced with hardship:

Anas (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to say:
Allahumma inni a`udhu bika min al-`ajzi wa’l kasal
Wa’l jubni wa’l haram
Wa a`udhu bika min fitnat’il mahya wa’l mamaat
Wa a`udhu bika min `adhab al-qabr.

“O Lord, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness,
Cowardliness and feebleness;
I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death,
And seek refuge in You from punishment of the grave.”
[Bukhari and Muslim]
[/PIE]

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Your supplication will be answered if you are not impatient, and if you do not say, 'I supplicated but my supplication was not heard'." (Malik)

The narration of Muslim is: "The supplication of a slave continues to be granted as long as he does not supplicate for a sinful thing or for something that would cut off the ties of kinship and he does not grow impatient.'' It was said: "O Messenger of Allah! What does growing impatient mean?'' He (PBUH) said, "It is one's saying: `I supplicated again and again but I do not think that my prayer will be answered.' Then he becomes frustrated (in such circumstances) and gives up supplication altogether.''

Also of importance is that the one supplicating should not express dissatisfaction if his du'aa is apparently not being answered, for this action in itself is a reason for the du'aa not being answered - as the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: "A servants du'aa continues to be answered as long as he does not ask for anything sinful or breaking the ties of relations, and as long as he does not become impatient." It was said: How does one become impatient O Messenger of Allaah? He said: "He says: I have supplicated, I have supplicated, yet it has not been answered. He therefore becomes despondent and abandons supplicating."
So it is not befitting that the one supplicating should become impatient about being answered, then become disappointed and despondent, and thereby abandon making du'aa. Rather, one should call upon Allaah, since every du'aa you make to Allaah is an act of worship, which brings you closer to Him and increases your reward.

YOu can download 30 pages of Dua here, Insha'Allah it may be beneficial:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...tions-pdf.html

I hope your Mother keeps her Sabr, finds comfort in the remembrance of Allah(SWT) and not let the works shaytan overpower her by making her give up on Allah(SWT). As Allah(SWT) says in the Qur'an Surely after hardship there is ease. After hardship indeed there is ease, and Allah(SWT) does not break his promise or burden one more then they can bear. You will be in my Dua...it's the least one can do.

Walaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

zarhad
09-26-2007, 11:05 PM
you will be in my every dua and inshallah some how in this crazy world all will work out and you, your mother and your family will be happy

AnonymousPoster
09-26-2007, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid

I hope your Mother keeps her Sabr, finds comfort in the remembrance of Allah(SWT) and not let the works shaytan overpower her by making her give up on Allah(SWT). As Allah(SWT) says in the Qur'an Surely after hardship there is ease. After hardship indeed there is ease, and Allah(SWT) does not break his promise or burden one more then they can bear. You will be in my Dua...it's the least one can do.

Walaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

:sl: Thank you all for all the advice, prayers/dua's and support. You may not think a thread like this can help, but believe me it Will.

I just want to say, all of the advice given by sisters & brothers are beyond what i thought i'd get. and i want to thank you 4 your support because now i have confidence in trying to help my mother. Many of the advices given will be used, but when it is suitable.

May Allah reward you all, and help those around the world, who are in need ike my mother. :w:

InToTheRain
09-26-2007, 11:24 PM

May Allah reward you all, and help those around the world, who are in need like my mother. :w:
Ameen Summa Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.