/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary Work ?

fatima_01
09-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Salaams
Well I Have A Slight Problem And I Was Hopein U Guys Cud Give Me Sum Good Advice :p Anyways Ive Done Very Shamefull Things In The Past And Im Trying To Change That And I Thought That It Would Help If I Did Summit Good For A Change And I Thought Of Voluntary Work. I Have Done It Once But They Made Me Fold All The Clothes So I Didnt Got Back:p But Now Id Like To Go, So My Question Is Can I Become A Better And Changed Person By Doing Voluntary??? Will It Make Me Want To Be More Islamic?? Anyways Let Me Know What You Think:-\

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
09-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Volunteer work is good if it's accepted by Islam, by that I mean it does not involve anything haram.
That being said, I think becoming a better person doesn't depend that much on what you do, but more on why you do it.

north_malaysian
09-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Personally doing voluntary work is good for you.

You'll feel better...

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 03:00 AM
As brother Abdul Fattah said the why is the main thing. You need to have the why first and than do the work. Do not expect the why to come after the work.

From just reading your post It sounds like you already have the why. Do not let shaytan place unanswerable questions up as road blocks. Just do it because you want to be a better Muslim, not with the expectation that it will be a magic change with no effort.

Do not worry about the opinions of others, do it if you honestly believe it is the right thing to do and you are doing it to obey Allah(swt).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mayza
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
yeah, joining an islamic NGO would be good... but sometimes, voluntary work deals with christian work and spreading the christian faith...... just letting people know...

Mayza

Re.TiReD
10-03-2007, 02:37 PM
So My Question Is Can I Become A Better And Changed Person By Doing Voluntary???
:salamext:

to a certain extent- I would say yes, it will instill in you compassion for your fellow humans. As for the shamefull things you said you have done, the best thing for that I think, is repentance Insha'Allah.

Will It Make Me Want To Be More Islamic?
I dont know about that, only you can decide how the voluntary work affects you, but it may motivate you to do more for your deen and fellow Muslims Insha'Allah

All the best. :w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.