/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubts - please make du'a for me

Michael
09-26-2007, 05:41 AM
I read that one of the conditions for the Shahadah was certainty without doubt. I don't think that I have this. I have never seen Allah SWT, and I think that it is ridiculous to think that this universe just came into existence by chance, but I don't think I'm certain about it. I don't think I could read Richard Dawkins' book The God Delusion and not have my faith destroyed. I am trying my hardest to be a good Muslim by fasting, making du'a, praying 5 times a day, etc. But am I really a Muslim since I don't have the certainty in Allah SWT?

Also, I bought my computer on hire purchase which has interest. I know now that riba (interest) is against Islam, so what do I do about my computer?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
09-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum Brother Michael,

I know having doubts is not a nice feeling brother to cure this you have to study Islaam by seeking knolwedge and keeping away from all that that will increase you in doubt or to confuse you. Why would you want to read Richard Dawkins' books for? You will only cause yourself more doubt and Satan will play with your mind and whisper evil thoughts to you.

I advice you brother to leave off such books and study Islaam. The more you learn the stronger your fatih.. Do not read things that will baffle you. Go to your local Masjid and attend lessons, read books, listen to islamic luctures. You're a new Muslim now so you have try and learn us much as possible. At the same time take things slowly Insha Allah. Step by step. Don't rush all at once.

If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”

(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it.

About the interest thing Allah knows best. I don't know.

Anwarica
09-26-2007, 06:11 AM
:sl: Dear brother,

Don't worry, Insha'Allah you are on the right path for trying to be good :) .. feel free to express those doubts, which points you have doubts about?
Insha'Allah you will find answers and your faith will be stronger :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Michael
Also, I bought my computer on hire purchase which has interest. I know now that riba (interest) is against Islam, so what do I do about my computer?
Please have a look at this fatwa :)

By looking into it, you can decide which way it's going .. I really can't judge :)

Anwarica
09-26-2007, 06:15 AM
By the way, before reading that fatwa, I didn't know such installments about hiring, I thought installments are only about sales :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
saladin100
09-26-2007, 09:16 PM
salaam dear brother Michael,
Treading on the path of faith is a very difficult task indeed if you look back into history and about prophets of the old you can see that even tho prophets were walking with the people in flesh, people still were not convinced...you can see in case of prophet moses peace be upon him, even tho he told his people dont worry god is with you when the arrogant pharoah was pursuing the Bani Israel..the peolple were not convince they said pharoah
is just a small distance behind us and we are trapped near the sea who can save us now...but God did indeed save them...so gods ways are sometimes very mysterious and cannot be questioned i suppose. The next incident you can take is that of the great prophet Abraham peace be upon him..when angels came to him in his old age announcing a birth of a son he started to laff he said waht a son in this age..but so it was as God willed. So faith is very tough to keep, also remeber prohets Jesus peace be upon him words if u have faith u can move mountains...reagrding interest part i dont know brother u must ask someone
knowledgeable. Bro one more thing you dont need to see god to beleive in him,i ask u a question can u see air but it is there..can u see soul..no..but it
exists for sure and there is no death to it it lives forever and is answerable to God to whom it has to duly return. Evrrything is Gods and is created for a purpose..you can see that when u look around u in daily life..you see the plants how precisley they grow and bear flowers or fruits..nothin is haywire in nature morning goes night arrives perfectly without any mistake, since ages..
small birds start out early in the morning and return home with out missing the route...so many things u can see in nature..little ants know of coming rains even before humans..if you see them scurrying towars thier ant hills in hurry you know rain is coming..thats how jungle people used to know abt rains and other natural phenomenon...So who controls this perfect system of life...think bro u will get the answer urself...it is god almighty in the heavens who is the creator and sustainer of all things created by him..
:smile:

Md Mashud
09-26-2007, 09:47 PM
don't think I could read Richard Dawkins' book The God Delusion and not have my faith destroyed.
Wrong, read it. It will increase your faith, that man has no understanding of religion - and his arguements against God are quite absurd He even describes processes half the book, as if this makes the universe an independant man.

No atheist yet could give an alternate theory to that of God (If you call it a theory). If someone could give one absolute different hypothesis, I will admit that God cannot exist - in that if their is other credible explanations than I have no choice but to accept it COULD happen. however, after reading so much atheistic sources, I have yet to come accross this "alternative" - some even claim they have it but I wonder why they never provide it. Usually, it seems that atheistic ideas, when it comes to atheist vs theist, is more to do with not understanding religion and thus the attack on religious ideas being the key thing to make their way the correct way. This is far from truth obviously as the existance of God is not based on religion existing.

Strzelecki
09-27-2007, 04:52 AM
I will make du'a for you bro.

Try thinking back to what made you revert to Islam in the first place and begin practising. ^^

May Allah (swt) continue to guide you.

Woodrow
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
:sl: Michael,

Reverting takes only a matter of seconds. That is the first step. Now remember, when we revert, we are now like brand new babies. No matter how eager we are to dive in and be perfect Muslims immediatly. we have to learn how to walk. You would not tell a baby that since he was born his first step is to be a 100 mile marathon race. His parents are as plesed with his first short step as if he had won that marathon. so it is with us. Allah(swt) is just and will not give us more than we can handle. You are not being judged by any man, you only need to do your best to please Allah(swt) Only Allah(swt) knows if you are doing your best.

Relax and learn at the pace Allah(swt) sets for you. Do not be impatient and accept the fact that you practiced life outside of Islam for a long time before reverting, it takes time and patience to change old habits. Allah(swt) will give you all of the time you truly need and he will give you all of the tools and guidance you will need. Just put your trust in Allah(swt) and remember, all will come in exactly the correct order Allah(swt) has planned for you. Inshallah

Zarmina
09-27-2007, 11:44 PM
:sl:

Hang in there, I will keep you in my prayers. The thing that strengthens my belief in Islam is how scientifically accurate the Quran is. I would recommend exploring this aspect of our holy book - it will lead you to the path you want.

Samiira
09-28-2007, 06:08 AM

Maasha Allah, all the advice are so good use them brother and make duaa and pray salaat qiyaama leyl, insha Allah the waswas will leave you.

tarek29
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I read that one of the conditions for the Shahadah was certainty without doubt. I don't think that I have this. I have never seen Allah SWT, and I think that it is ridiculous to think that this universe just came into existence by chance, but I don't think I'm certain about it. I don't think I could read Richard Dawkins' book The God Delusion and not have my faith destroyed. I am trying my hardest to be a good Muslim by fasting, making du'a, praying 5 times a day, etc. But am I really a Muslim since I don't have the certainty in Allah SWT?

Brother Michael,

First of all everything come step by step, Faith in Islam are levels and more you try to be close to Allah (swt) you will always find HIM closer to you as verse in Quran says:

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. 2:186

With time and step by step you will feel yourself that Allah (swt) make your level of faith higher and higher 2ensha2 Allah (swt).

the lowest level of Faith as far as I know is to fear with respect our Creator, and this is not bad, but we should always try and seek to be closer to Allah (swt), but in ISLAM we learn things Gradually and with Allah's WILL you will reach the time when you read any book and you will say SUBHAN ALLAH (swt) of what they write!

It is as if you were seating in Dark room and suddenly light comes and you see everything, and in Islam you see things by your heart and Mind!

We all are different in nature, and in Islam in everything we do, it is Prayer to Allah (swt) even in your work, when you sleep before you eat when you eat etc... those things with time ensha2 Allah (swt) you will Know!

As our nature are different we should also should find the best way that fits our nature to become closer to Allah (swt) of course the Obligated Prayers are must, but what I want to say for example:

One Muslim cries while he pray and another don’t this doesn’t mean that anyone of them is better, maybe one of them effected when he Read Quran, or when he help other Muslims etc....

so we should find which kind of prayer fit our nature and we concentrate in it so that it will be our way to be closer to Allah (swt) and higher in Level, and again this is beside the Main Pillars of Islam and Iman (faith)!

May Allah (swt) guide us all and may everyone have the chance to go to Hajj!

Peace

Danah
09-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Dont worry brother and dont rush, everything will come step by step. you are feeling like that because you are now entering to a new life.

I will hardly make du'a for you and In Sha Allah everything will be alright. but remeber to ask questions any time and get knowledge as much as you can to not be targeted by satan and let him to try cofusing you about your thoughts.
and b sure that your knowledge resources are correct.

جوري
09-30-2007, 09:54 AM
I must admit that I only briefly browsed through the posts here, and all are excellent insha'Allah.. I have to however agree strongly with MD Mashud's post.. the best way for you to re-affirm your belief is to go to the deepest darkest corners which will sow doubt and fight it head on with reflection and deep thought...

to be succinct, I don't believe that anyone can sum up for you, why they chose Islam or why they remain Muslims.. and indeed prayer and du3a will help, but I think of them as functioning only in a supporting capacity but not an orderly logical arrangement as to why you chose this religion.. what will you say to your kids someday?

The best way is to truly learn all you can...You'll find many members here who are scientists and some who are even former atheists, who arrive to their conclusions based on the scientific approach.. you just need to filter through the crap and shadowy conclusions that others produce...

Two people can read the same book and reach completely different conclusions.. you may browse through the Muslim evolution thread, before it dernaged into unsubstantiated opinions, and find out exactly from a scientific stance where the flaws lie in the subject of evolution... How even natural selection contradicts some of the readily known and accepted conditions of today's world such as the 14 documented trinucleotide repeat disorders that affect human beings, where the worst traits are not only favored over time, but actually get worst with each generation.. There is always so many holes that no one cares to mention to you, and you'll only know of them through learning, reasoning and never ever accepting anything at face value... You need to understand that those who have made it, thought outside the box and didn't readily accept everything that was dished out to them...

I hope you know that even Einstein was kicked out of school for doing poorly in math.. I don't believe you've ever heard of the teacher that expelled him or why he managed to come up with his best work outside of academia..

Akhi, I am going to be off for Fajr now, but I hope the take home method here, isn't how staunchly someone defends his principles.. but in how well s/he has integrated them with the known world using all subjects at hand..

I wish you the very best insh'Allah, I shall keep you in my prayers...
knowledge is the only way to cast doubt insha'Allah
:w:

sevgi
09-30-2007, 02:42 PM

also, pray that Allah helps u to get rid of ur doubts,,,ask him for contentment in heart and mind.

:w:

UmmSqueakster
10-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum br. Michael,

Please do check in more often. I hope that you're surrounding yourself with good muslim brothers, as good company can help to increase faith.

I posted something on this thread before, but I guess it was part of the stuff that got wiped out a few days ago. So here it is again:

An atheist asked Imam Abu Hanifa for proof of the existence of God and he replied, "Forget it! At the moment, I am busy thinking about this ship. People tell me there is a big ship, it contains different goods on board. There is no one to steer it, no one maintaining it. Yet, this ship keeps going back and forth; it even traverses big waves on the oceans; it stops at the locations that it is supposed to stop at; it continues in the direction that it is supposed to head. This ship has no
captain and no one planning its trips."

The atheist who posed the question interrupted and exclaimed, "What kind of strange and silly thought is this? How can any intelligent person think that some thing like this can occur?"

Imam Abu Hanifa said, "I feel sorry about your state! You cannot imagine one ship running without some one looking after its affairs. Yet you think that for this whole world, which runs exactly and precisely, there is no one who looks after it, and no one owns it."

Hearing the reply, the atheist was left speechless but he found out more about Haqq (The Truth) and proclaimed Islam.

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=569

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2007, 02:13 PM
will make dua' for you

try to establish the salaah, this will help you a lot.
also when reading the ridiculousness of other possibilities i find myself even more attached to islam, dont allow doubts to linger... TACKLE THEM !

zena_a
12-13-2007, 04:22 AM
inshallah i will make a dua for you. you must seek knowledge, but make sure you are seeking it from the right people and places. try and figh your doubts. good luck

kay106
12-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Salam brother,

thats exactly the same way i feel! I mean i have been having this problem, for some time now. I think the best is to learn the arabic quran, not just read of translaions, also another way i am working on it is to see all different opinions, including those anti islamic sites, and let islam defeat them all, but do this after you have learnt much and have good sources, know scholars, like Zakir Naik , and find aswers to these nonsense claims. Also if you have a question, just ask it, i have been told that islam encurages you to question, seek knowledge., the quran talks a lot about Think, ponder, understand.
Also know that these doubts are from the satan, i will recommend you this book i found very useful, its not written by a muslim but its very very good,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asking-Right...7752755&sr=8-1

hope that helps.

Belief_is_Power
12-15-2007, 10:40 PM
doubts are very common in any religion, I have also read Richard Dawkins book, and my faith is stronger then ever. Athiests are smart people, but when they die they believe that nothing will happen to them. We know better of course. let the athiests say what they want, in the end Allah will prove them wrong. As for your doubts..............pray and hang around more muslims. AND STOP READING ATHIESTS BOOKS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are a waste of time (trust me, I know).

kay106
12-16-2007, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
doubts are very common in any religion, I have also read Richard Dawkins book, and my faith is stronger then ever. Athiests are smart people, but when they die they believe that nothing will happen to them. We know better of course. let the athiests say what they want, in the end Allah will prove them wrong. As for your doubts..............pray and hang around more muslims. AND STOP READING ATHIESTS BOOKS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are a waste of time (trust me, I know).
Hello Brov,

I have to disagree with you here, I find athiest people, one of the most illogical, irrational people on earth! Talking to them just increases my faith, becuse i realise how much nonsense people are full of. All they do is try and use some confusing words to make them self look smart, but if you ask them for clarification, trust me they dont make any sense at all, theres a thread in this forum somewhere where there is a debate with athiests, see the comments they make!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.