/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I had a beautiful evening.

Grace Seeker
09-27-2007, 02:50 AM
I hope that you will forgive that I do not write this from a Muslim perspective. I am a Christian and so I must express my faith in ways that are appropriate within that context. I also shall attempt to do so in ways that appropriate in the context of this forum, especially during this holy month of Ramadan.

I have had a wonderfully blessed eveing. My church is holding a revival next month, and so I was working on the music for it this evening. (Now I know that Muslims don't feel that music is appropriate, but Christians not only do, we find that the right music actually adds to our experience of worship.) As I worked on finding the right music to edify our services, I came across a few songs that I was not familiar with. I decided I wanted to check them out and found them, all of them, on YouTube. So, I've spent the evening in worship listening to and watching men and women, professionals and amateurs, sing, dance and create beautiful videos expressing their faith in God. It has truly been, for me at least, an incredible evening.

The last song I examined is "Blessed" by Rachel Lampa. It's exactly how I am feeling right now, after this wondeful, worshipful evening, so I wanted to share it with you. (I share just the lyrics out of respect for my friends here who have other beliefs with regard to music with instruments than I do; I think you will still like the thoughts expressed herein.)

Blessed

Ooh, ooh (ooh ooh)
I may never climb a mountain
So I can see the world from there
I may never ride the waves
And taste the salty ocean air
Or build a bridge
That will last a hundred years
But no matter where the road leads
One thing is always clear

I am blessed, I am blessed
From when I rise up in the morning,
’Til I lay my head to rest
I feel You near me
You soothe me when I’m weary
Oh Lord, for all the worst and all the best
I am blessed

All along the road less traveled
I have crawled and I have run
I have wandered through the wind and rain
Until I found the sun
The watching eyes ask me why
I walk this narrow way
I will gladly give the Reason
For the hope I have today

I am blessed, I am blessed
From when I rise up in the morning
Till I lay my head to rest
I feel You near me
I am blessed!

You’ve given me joy (joy)
You’ve given me love (love)
You give me strength
When I want to give up

You came from heaven
To rescue my soul...
This is the reaon I know
I know...

I know I’m blessed, (I am blessed)
From when I rise up in the morning Til I lay my head to rest,
I feel You near me
Oh Lord, for all the worst and all the best...oh
I am blessed! Oh, yeah

-Rachel Lampa

May each of you likewise be blessed this evening and throughout the remainder of this blessed month. Peace be with you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Md Mashud
09-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Peace to you too.

Tania
09-27-2007, 04:43 AM
You will sing the song in church :?

Pk_#2
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks bro for sharing,

"And if you were to count the blessings of Allâh, you will never be able to count them." {Sûrah Ibraîim (14): 34}

Peace be upon those who follow guidance. :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
This topic reminds me of something my pastor mentions continually. It seems that people have no problem with expending energy at football games, screaming and dancing and so forth, but when it comes to God, all to often, there is not the same level of "excitement". In the Christian tradition, singing and dancing in praise of Almighty God is very important, and God finds it good. For some reason Grace Seeker's experience reminded me of this.

Grace Seeker
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
You will sing the song in church :?

I don't know that we will sing that particular song; I'm leaning more toward some others. But it was the song that made me realize what a wonderful evening I was having just soaking in everyone else's expressions of faith. And I just wanted to share some of my joy with others. That's why I posted it.

glo
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I would love to hear that song, if I can.
Do you have a link, Grace Seeker? If so, could you PM it to me?

Thank you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.