/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *!* The Qur'aan and Fasting will intercede for the slave on the Day of Judgment *!*

Khayal
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
:arabic6:
The Qur'aan and Fasting will intercede for the slave on the Day of Judgment
by Shawana A. Aziz
As-Sunnah Islamic Newsletter Issue 15
http://www.ahya.org/

:salamext:

The Qur'aan and the Fasting are very closely related to each other for many reasons; one of them being - the Qur'aan was revealed in the month of Fasting (i.e. Ramadaan). Allah praised and honored the month of Fasting out of all the other months by choosing it to send down the Glorious Qur'aan. “The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and criterion (between right and wrong).”
[Soorah al-Baqarah (2): 185]

Reciting the Qur'aan in the month of Fasting

The importance of reciting the Qur'aan in the month of Ramadaan is reflected by the practice of Jibreel (alaihi as-salaam). Allah, the Exalted, would send Jibreel (alaihi as-salaam) every Ramadan to the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) to recite the whole Qur'aan that was revealed. Narrated Ibn Abbas (alaihi as-salaam):
“The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was the most generous person and he used to become more so (generous) particularly in the month of Ramadaan because Jibreel used to meet him every night of the month of Ramadaan till it elapsed. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to recite the Qur'aan to him…”
[Saheeh al-Bukharee (vol. 6, no. 519)]

The Qur'aan and the Fasting will intercede for the slave on the day of Judgment

On the Day of Judgment, when, “…the sky will be like the boiling filth of oil (or molten copper or silver or lead, etc.) and the mountains will be like flakes of wool. And no friend will ask of a friend.”
[Soorah al-Maarij (70): 8-10]

“That day shall a man flee from his brother. And from his mother and his father, and from his wife and children. Every man, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others.”
[Soorah at-Takwir (81): 34-37]

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “The Fasting and the Qur'aan will intercede for the slave on the Day of Judgment.” Fast will say, 'O My Lord! I stopped this person from eating, drinking and other desires so accept my intercession for him.' The Qur'aan will say, 'O my Lord! I stopped this person from sleep (for Qiyaam) so accept my intercession for him.' Both the intercessions will be accepted.”
[Musnad Ahmad and at-Tabaranee]

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) has greatly encouraged recitation of the Qur'aan by mentioning its numerous blessings and rewards. He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “Whoever reads a single letter from Allah's Book will receive a blessing (for each letter) and each blessing is worth ten times its value.”
[Ibn Majah and at-Tirmidhee]

These blessings are further multiplied for those who struggle in their recitation, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “One who is skilled in it, the Qur'aan, is associate with the noble, upright, recording Angels and he who falters when he recites the Qur'aan and finds it difficult, he will have a double reward.”
[Saheeh Muslim (vol. 1/ no. 1754)]

It should be mentioned here that recitation of the Qur'aan is not the goal in itself; understanding the Commands of Allah and acting upon it are the main objective. Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “The Qur'aan is a proof on your behalf or against you.”
[Saheeh Muslim (no. 432)]

Meaning on the Day of Judgment, the Qur'aan will become a proof for those who recite the Qur'aan with understanding and act in accordance to it. Otherwise, the Qur'aan will become a proof against those who merely recite the Qur'aan but do not act according to it.
Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “The example of a believer, who recites the Qur'aan and acts on it, is like an orange which tastes nice and smells nice. And the example of the believer who does not recite the Qur'aan but acts on it is like a date that tastes sweet but has no smell. And the example of the hypocrite who recites the Qur'aan is like a sweet Basil which smells good but tastes bitter. And the example of a hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'aan is like a Coelacanth which tastes bitter and has a bad smell.”
[Saheeh al-Bukharee (vol. 6, no. 579)]

So, let us cease the opportunity in this blessed month of Ramadan and recite more of the Qur'aan but with understanding and acting in accordance to its commands. Allah says: “This is a Book, We have sent down to you full of blessing, so that they may ponder over its verses and so that the people of reflection take heed.”
[Soorah Sad (38): 29]

Source.

:wasalamex

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.