/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Intercourse at night during ramadhan?

AnonymousPoster
09-28-2007, 06:04 AM
would it invalidate your fast (for the day before or the day after or the whole ramadhan?) if you had sex with your girlfriend during the night?

i know it is haram to have sex with a person you're not married too.. but i still want to know the answer to the question above.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2007, 12:20 PM
ask a scholar this question in real life

------
09-28-2007, 12:44 PM
:salamext:

would it invalidate your fast (for the day before or the day after or the whole ramadhan?) if you had sex with your girlfriend during the night?
:-\ seeing as ur not allowed to do it at all if ur not married, what the difference whether u do it in ramadan or a normal night?

ask a scholar this question in real life
Or use common sense?

Nawal89
09-28-2007, 01:00 PM
About doing zina during the nights of ramadhan i dont know if it invalidates your fasts.

But generally having sex on the nights of ramadhan To the best of my knowledge doesnt invalidate your fast.
the daleel is:
It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts) they are libas (cover) for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves....the ayah..it is in suratul baqarah. number 187.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM

with your wives
Not ur girlfriends :-\

rozeena
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Not ur girlfriends :-\
oh sis! i was jus guna post dt. bt u did it b4 me.lol,

Nawal89
09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
maybe this will help. It doesnt mention fasting but it falls under righteous deeds.

Question:
Will Allah accept the prayer and good deeds of a person who is continually committing sin such as fornification eventhough in his/her heart the person is aware that he/she is sinning and is full of guilt and tries his/her very best not to continue committing such sin. Except for this weakness this person tries to be a good muslim e.g. never misses daily prayers, giving out time and money towards the cause of Allah, never take alcohol or other un-halal foods etc.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Yes, Allaah will accept whatever righteous deeds he does, such as praying, fasting, giving charity etc., and He will also accept his repentance, as He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And He it is Who accepts repentance from His slaves, and forgives sins, and He knows what you do.” [al-Shooraa 42:25]. But there is the condition that his repentance must be sincere. Does this person truly regret what he has done? Is he indeed determined not to repeat the sin? Has he, I wonder, gotten rid of everything that may lead him to sin, such as relationships, addresses, telephone numbers, going to evil places, bad friends, movies, pictures and so on? What we believe is that if this person truly repents, he will give up this sin.

Zina is one of the worst kinds of immoral deeds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a faahishah [i.e., anything that transgresses its limits, a great sin], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allaah forgives him).” [al-Isra’ 17:32].

Married people who commit zina (adultery) are to be punished with the worst and most severe form of punishment, which is to be stoned to death, so that every part of their bodies may feel pain just as they felt pleasure in a haraam manner even though they were not without a halaal source of pleasure (i.e., within marriage). Unmarried people who commit zinaa, and had never been married before, are to be given the maximum number of lashes prescribed in sharee’ah, which is one hundred lashes. In addition, they are subjected to the humiliation of having their punishment witnessed by a group of believers, and are to be banished for one full year from their city, the place where they committed the crime.

The punishment for those who are guilty of zinaa in Barzakh (i.e., after death and before the Day of Resurrection) is that they will be in an oven, the top of which is narrow and the bottom of which is wide. A fire will be lit under it, and they will be naked in (that oven). When the fire is lit, they will scream and rise up until they almost come out of the oven, then when the fire subsides, they will go back down into it. This is what will keep happening to them until the Hour begins. So how will their punishment be in the Fire of Hell itself?

We ask Allaah not to despise us and to accept our repentance; we ask Him to help us to do good and to avoid evil, for He is the All-Hearing, Ever-Near.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

S£mmi
09-28-2007, 01:33 PM
lol

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Or use common sense?
lol no im genuinely interested in hearing (or perhaps seeing) the responce ;D

S£mmi
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
yes this will be an intresting one..

Nawal89
09-28-2007, 02:33 PM
you people are so mean. Do you guys know the answer if his fasting is accepted or not? Really you guys make me laugh. And Mujahida its not about using common sense. A person who does zina is still muslim. Why shouldnt his fasting be accepted?

IbnAbdulHakim
09-28-2007, 02:48 PM
^ your right our behaviour wasnt appropriate.

I just wanted the questioner to get a slice of reality thru the comments... i asked him to ask a scholar so that he can think about how red his face will be whilst he stands in front of him....

i hope u understand what point i was trying to make.

again ur right, i probably shudnt hav taken that approach

aadil77
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
bro you couldn't have made the title anymore bolder especially on an islamic forum:thumbs_do

anonymous
09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
m8.. R U 4 REAL?!

Challa Lol

3isha
09-29-2007, 08:49 PM
how about considering the fact that not having it in ramadhan as ure not allowed, in a month where it;s mostly disliked and most harmful

islamirama
09-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Ruling on taking boyfriends or girlfriends

Sheba
09-29-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

i know it is haram to have sex with a person you're not married too.. but i still want to know the answer to the question above.
Yes, sex with your spouse is allowed during the nights of fasting, unless you retreat to the mosque.

As a Muslim sex outside of marriage is a sin in the eyes of God.

As to wether it would invalidate your fast or not..well, that answer belongs with God Alone.

Protected_Diamond
09-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Is sex allowed during non daylight hours in the month of Ramadaan??

الجواب :

Praise be to Allaah.

Intercourse with one’s spouse is allowed between maghbrib and fajr during Ramadaan, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of the fasts. They are libaas [garments, body cover, screen] for you and you are the same for them. Allaah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allaah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of dawn), then complete your fast until the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) when you are in I’tikaaf (spiritual retreat) in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allaah, so approach them not. Thus does Allaah make clear His aayaat (signs) to mankind that they may become al-muttaqoon (the pious).” [al-Baqarah 2:187].
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Is this true??

Maidah
09-29-2007, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
you people are so mean. Do you guys know the answer if his fasting is accepted or not? Really you guys make me laugh. And Mujahida its not about using common sense. A person who does zina is still muslim. Why shouldnt his fasting be accepted?

sis ur just missing the point, he is asking if having sex with his girfriend will invalidate his fast? and he knows he is not meant to do this, especially with his girfriend.

Forgett the fact that your fast is being invalidated, having sex b4 marriage is a sin. why worry about the minor thing when you're commiting a major sin??

To me this question makes no sense!!!!

Md Mashud
09-29-2007, 10:49 PM
No it won't. Simple. Sinning outside of fasting - why would that invalidate the fast you have done or next? It is nonsensical.

SirZubair
09-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Was the 'Girlfriend' part an error, or is the starter of this thread a complete fool?

Maidah
09-29-2007, 10:54 PM
^^^ Spot On Bro, Exactly What I Wanted To Say!!!

InToTheRain
09-29-2007, 11:29 PM
You should realy reflect on the purpose of your fast Bro... As a wise man once said, when you fast the things that are normally permited are prohibited (eating, drinking, sexual activity with wife etc) making the things that are normally prohibited (having a girlfriend, fornication etc) seem MUCH WORSE then they usually are.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-30-2007, 01:13 AM
:sl: brother

Intimate relations with your girlfriend is haram whether or not it's Ramadhan. Whether or not its haram in Ramadhan isn't the question..it's not acceptable from the get-go.

:w:

Woodrow
09-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Very unusual question. I can not understand how a person can have no concern about a sin and be worried about if it will break the fast.

Zina is a grave sin. the fact the person is fasting is not going to change that. I would tend to question the persons intent for fasting, if they are capable of willful sin during this time.

To be honest I can find nothing that would prove it would break the fast. but, I kind of doubt the fasting is going to lessen the sin of zina.

The Writer may be sincere in asking this question. but, a question of this type is only going to open the door for people to overlook the seriousness of this. best, we end this with no further replies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.