/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How did Abdul Baset die?

MetSudaisTwice
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Salam
i heard that Abdul Baset died and i was wondering if anyone knew the casue of his death.
wasalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Assalamu alaikum

He (May Allah have mercy on him) died in a car crash

MetSudaisTwice
09-12-2005, 10:46 AM
salam
bro there are some rumours that he died due to severe problems in his throat that was caused by his style of reading

Far7an
09-12-2005, 10:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
bro there are some rumours that he died due to severe problems in his throat that was caused by his style of reading
wa alaikum asalaam

lol, no believe me... those are all false, he died in a car crash.

Ill look for the article and send it to you InshaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
salam
ok bro, jazakallah

Danish
09-12-2005, 11:30 AM
:sl:
inna lilahe wa inna elaihe rajeeon

Uthman
09-12-2005, 07:32 PM

And here was me thinking he was still alive! May Allah have mercy on his soul.

:w:

Muezzin
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM

And here I was having paliptations because I thought you were talking about my friend from masjid!

:p

minaz
09-12-2005, 09:35 PM
lmao same here!

Pinkrose
09-13-2005, 12:53 AM

Awww!! :'(

May Allah have mercy on his soul and grant him jannah!! :'(

BlissfullyJaded
09-13-2005, 06:41 AM

I knew he died 17 years ago, but I never knew in a car crash! :'( Wow..

Ameen to the duas. :'(

Danish
09-13-2005, 10:17 AM
he died abt 17 yrs bak !
woah. i was under the impression he is still alive

ABDULLAH SAOOD
09-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Bro Farhan is right he (rahmatallahi-alahi) passed away in a car crash.

May allah forgive his sins!

Abdullah

------
11-21-2007, 02:34 PM
:salamext:

He's passed away?!?!?! :ooh:

jzcasejz
11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
^ Aaages ago Ukhti...

m102313
11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
I also heard some rumors that he passed away while reciting the quran, they said that he read a long ayah he pulled some much that one of his veins actually popped. I doubt that this one is true. I also heard about the car crash one.

Ummu Sufyaan
11-22-2007, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4
:salamext:

He's passed away?!?!?! :ooh:
lol. thats what i thought the first time i heard it. 17 yrs ago too its not that recent, either. :embarrass

shuraimfan4lyf
11-22-2007, 04:38 AM

Shiekh Abdul Basit Abdul Sammad was born in 1927 .He came to Cairo from the city of Armant in Upper Egypt in 1950, having established his reputation in the south. He is the first reciter in his family, but his grandfather was a religious scholar of al-Azhar training. Shiekh Abdul Basit is probably the best-known of Egyptian recitors outside of Egypt, as he was the first to make commercial recordings of his reciting, and he has traveled extensively outside of Egypt. Among his recordings are the complete text of the Qur'ân in both styles, murattal and mujawwad. Shiekh Abdul Basit is one of the four top-ranking recitors in Egypt. He was the first president of the newly formed Reciters' Union. Shiekh Abdul basit is admired for breath control and his high, clear voice.

Abdul Basit Passed away during a car crash near his town in 1988. Now he is almost known everywhere worldwide, his recordings are found at every corner of the world and some regard him as the greatest qari in modern times. He has left the world as a legend in terms of his service for the quraan -which no one will regret. His recitations have led to a new generation of qaries wherever you go .May Allah grant him paradise

Taken from www.abdulbasitonline.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.