/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Paradise in Our Homes .. by amr khaled

mariam.
09-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Episode 1

In the name of Allah[1], the All-Merciful, the Ever-Merciful. All praises be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad

To whom this program is addressed?

This program is addressed to all family members. It addresses young men and women showing them how to deal with their parents and how to choose their friends. It addresses fathers, showing them how to deal with their children. It also addresses mothers cherishing their invaluable roles in our lives and showing them too how to deal with their children. This program addresses brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, and every person who seeks the welfare of his/her family and wants to gather its members.

How will this subject be tackled in the program?

We know that each and every person has their own trouble in their daily family lives, and that every person must have suffered painful problems. However, this Ramadan, we will not talk about these problems in detail, although we might do this some time after Ramadan. In this program, we will suggest some simple yet essential rules and principles that are needed for any family to get back together and to solve any problem. No problem can be solved without considering these rules. They are the keys to bring back love and harmony to our families. Each episode will deal with one of these rules.

Why this program is called "Paradise in Our Homes"?

Many people are already tired of this life, thinking that it is full of problems, wars, and pain; all of which make it seems unbearable. We must know however that Allah (Glorified and Exalted Be He is) very merciful. He gave us something very valuable: our homes and families. Allah says what can be translated as, "And Allah has made for you of your homes a dwelling…" (16:80). Our homes should be the real source of peace, happiness, and serenity. Our homes should be our paradise in this world until it is the time to enter Allah's jannah (Paradise) in the hereafter. Our homes are a mercy from Allah. Allah says what can be translated as, "Gardens of Adn, (Eden) which they will enter, and the ones who were righteous of their fathers and their spouses and their off springs (will enter too); and the Angels will enter to them from every gate. 'Peace be upon you, for that you endured patiently.' So favorable is the (Ultimate) Outcome of the Residence!" (13:23-24). All family members will be together in the jannah having angels entering to them.

What does this program have to do with revival?

The subject of this program is very much connected with revival. In "Life Makers", we used to say that we must work for the revival of our Islamic nation; however, we found that we are facing many problems. The world has far surpassed us industrially, agriculturally, and educationally. On the other hand, we still have some hope; we still have something the rest of the world lacks. We have the warmth of our familial relationships and kinship ties. Allah (SWT) says what can be translated as, "… and We have made you races and tribes that you may get mutually acquainted . " (49:13).
We still have this merit among us and we should work hard to save it, because if we loose our social relationships, we will loose all hopes of revival and bright future. We have already lost so many things that were in our advantage. Let us not loose what we have left in hour hands, the family; our last resort. Therefore, let us worship Allah and save Islam by trying to save our kinship ties, our families, and our homes. Allah associates revival and reformation with the families as He says what can be translated as, "And who say, “Our Lord, bestow upon us from our spouses and offsprings comfort of the eyes, (Literally: the coolness (when) the eyes settle down) and make us an imam (Leader) of the pious.” (25:74). They ask Allah to reclaim their spouses and children so that they in turn will lead the world to reformation.

Thus, do you have the will and the intention to restore our families for the sake of Allah and Islam? Let us all promise Allah together that we will work this Ramadan to re-unite our families and save Islam by saving our families and relationships.

The first rule:

The first practical rule to start with on the first day of Ramadan is a spiritual one. It can be thought of as a magic spell for the restoration of love and harmony in homes. It is a very simple and easy rule, yet it has never failed. This rule is: to worship Allah together. The common defect is that every person in a particular house is worshipping Allah alone, maybe out of shyness or lack of time. The father, the mother, and their children, each one of them is worshipping Allah but apart from the others. Why don't you try to pray with your wife two Raka’as[one unit of Islamic prayer] a day. Try to gather your family before iftar (breakfast) to read Qur'an or to supplicate together. Try to say some dhikr (the remembrance of Allah) a few minutes while you are with your family in the car. Imagine what would happen if the whole family would gather and worship Allah together like this. A family who worships Allah together will never fight or argue for other irrelevant issues. Their faith in Allah will be strengthened and Allah will bestow His mercy and blessings upon the entire house. Allah says what can be translated as, "And that He, Ever He, makes to laugh, and He makes to weep" (53:43). Therefore, true happiness is in the hands of Allah, and whenever He finds a family gathered together for His sake, He will provide them with happiness and contentment. In the days of the Prophet peace be upon him, there was a family who was used to worship Allah together.

There are five kinds of worships that we must focus on this Ramadan to do them with our families:

to read the Qur'an together; even just a quarter a of a juzu' (part of the Qur’an)
to pray together; even just two Raka’as a day
to say dhikr; even just for five minutes a day
to supplicate Allah together, even though in colloquial language
to provide iftar together for a fasting family.

Try them with your family, and if some family members do not want to participate, let them listen to this episode. If they still refuse, try to find at least one member who would like to worship Allah with you, and pray for the rest. Maybe later during the month the others will appreciate what you are doing and would like to join you. Abu Huraira reported the Prophet peace be upon him as saying: Do not make your houses as graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Suraht al-Baqara is recited. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1707)., Imagine what would happen if you read the whole Qur'an together! Jabir reported the Prophet peace be upon him as saying: When any one of you observes prayer in the mosque he should reserve a part of his prayer for his house, for Allah would make the prayer as a means of betterment in his house. (Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1705).

Allah said what can be translated as, "And command your (extended) family to (observe) the prayer and constantly (endure) patiently in it. We do not ask of you (any) provision. We, Ever We, provide you, and the end is to (the ones having) piety." (20:132). Some men claim that they do not have the time to pray with their families because they are working for the family. This ayah indicates that all provision comes from Allah, and that there is no need to worry about money.

Let our motto this Ramadan be: I will worship Allah through my family, I will enter Allah's paradise through my family, or: I will help in reviving my nation through my family. This is because if our families re-unite, we will definitely be on our way to revival.

I ask Allah that this Ramadan will be the beginning of union, happiness, honor and revival.

to read the next Episodes .. click her (Paradise in Our Homes)
peace :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
:sl:

Very beneficial sharing, jazzak ALLAH khayr.

:w:

mariam.
09-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Episode 2

In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Ever-Merciful. Peace and blessings of Allah be upon Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

May Allah accept our fasting. Remember, Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was heard to have said that in Ramadan there are people who would be forgiven and saved every night from Hellfire. Take care that Allah is very generous and if He grants you forgiveness this night or this year, you will never be captured again among those who will be doomed to Hell. May we all be forgiven.

Today's episode is about the value of the family for Allah. I wish you can perceive precious it is. Allah shakes the sky and earth for its sake; Allah becomes double pleased with you because of it, as it is the base of the whole human world. Nowadays, we are underestimating the family's value; divorce rate is growing and for trivial reasons; sons share their secrets with their friends and are not likewise attached to their families, to the point that they may accept the same advice from a friend than from their own parents; brothers fight upon heir heritage forgetting their kinship.

Do you seek Allah's forgiveness? Do you want to benefit from Ramadan, with mercy at its beginning, forgiveness in its middle, and salvation from Hellfire at its end?? Do you want Paradise doors to open and Hell doors to close? Your family has to be precious to you as it is for Allah.

Let us review the history of mankind to know how precious family bonds are. Let us start with Adam and Eve; the universe started with this one family although Allah could have created many others at the same time. However, Allah meant to raise the value of this family and present it as the first establishment on earth. Kinship ties were created before human beings, and it asked Allah to make people keen to maintain its ties. Allah replied that He will be pleased with those who maintain its ties and shall inflict punishment upon those who don't. Even in Paradise, people in higher ranks act as intercessors for their relatives to reach the same rank. See how precious the family is for Allah !!

Marriage is a very strong bond and an important contract that must be taken more seriously by people. The aim of the program is to alert families to come closer and stop being isolated from each other. These words may seem theoretical to you; so let us take a practical example from hajj, during the sai'[Striving between the two hills of Safa and Marwa in Makkah] where we can remember the fear of a mother (Hajar) for her son (Isma'il All Peace of Allah be upon him). She was going to and forth looking for water to quinsh her little baby's thrist, jogging between the two hills 7 times (1/2 a km each round). At a certain point she heard her son screaming so she ran, and this is what we nowadays do during Umrah and hajj. Allah is hereby reminding you of your own mother, her feelings for you and her efforts in bringing you up.

Remember also that Zamzam water was the result of a father's prayer. Ibrahim (Abraham) All Peace of Allah be upon him was frightened for his wife and child whom he left alone in the desert. He said what can be translated as, " Our Lord, surely I have made (some) of my offspring to dwell in a valley that is not under cultivation (Literally: other than that “owning” plantation) at Your Inviolable Home, our Lord, that they may keep up the prayer. So make heart-sights of mankind yearn towards them and provide them with products, that possibly they would thank (You)" (14:37). Allah accepts Ibrahim's prayer and sends Jibril (Gabriel) All Peace of Allah be upon him to strike the earth under Isma'il's feet, and Zamzam water sprung where the whole world will keep drinking from this water till doom's day. Thus, the whole world would realize that fathers' prayers are esteemed by Allah.

Sacrifice is a symbol for a strong Father-Son relationship. Ibrahim All Peace of Allah be upon him saw himself in a dream slaughtering his son Isma'il and knew it was Allah's command. He faced his son with this news and Isma'il was very obedient and knew it was a fact and accepted Allah's will. Thus, Allah sent a ram to be slaughtered as a sacrifice instead of Isma'il, and He ordered people to sacrifice every year to always remind this kind of relationship. This is why we say during our prayers, "All Prayers and Blessings of Allah be upon our master, the most noble Prophet Muhammad and his family as well as Ibrahim (AS) and his family". They are indeed great families.

Moreover, if we review the prophets' stories, we will find that their families' dimension is often mentioned, either through their marriage (e.g.: Adam and Eve, Ibrahim (AS) and Sarah, then Ibrahim (AS) and Hajar, the story of Musa's (Moses) marriage), or father-son relationship (e.g.: Ibrahim (AS) and Isma’il (Ishmael), Dawud (David) and Solaiman (Solomon)), or brothers' relationship (e.g: Musa and Harun (Aaron), Isa (Jesus) and his cousin Yahya (John)). You can also realize many other relationships:

- A Mother caring for her child: Musa's (AS) mother and Maryam (AS) “Mary”.

- Father – Son conflict: Ibrahim (AS) and his father Azar, Noeh and his son.

- Marital infidelity: Al-Aziz's wife.

- Brothers' conspiracy against their own brother: story of Yusuf (Joseph) All Peace of Allah be upon him . In this story, Allah warns parents from discriminating between their children in treatment. This story also clarifies that all kinds of relationships are illustrated in the Holy Qura'n, not only the ideal ones. Thus the Holy Qura'n is a reference for any kind of relationships.

- A sister saving her brother: Musa's peace be upon him sister saving him from the Pharaoh's palace. Allah says what can be translated as, "And she said to his sister, “Trail him,” and so she beheld him from afar, and they were not aware. And We had prohibited to him earlier wet-nurses. So she said, “Shall I indicate to you the family of a house who will sponsor him for you and advisably look after him?” (28:11, 12).

- A woman longing to have a child to care for: Asya the Pharaoh's wife, Musa's substitute mother.

- A grandfather and a grandmother yearning to have a child: Maryam's peace be upon her parents.

- Musa All Peace of Allah be upon him asking Allah for the assistance of his brother: Allah says what can be translated as, "And my brother (is) Harû*n; (Aaron) he is more eloquent than I (am) in speech; (Literally: in tongue= regarding his tongue) so send him with me as an auxiliary to sincerely confirm me in (my speech). Surely I fear they will cry me lies.”(28:34).

- Musa All Peace of Allah be upon him quarrelling with his brother, when he returned and found his people abandoning their religion and worshipping a buffalo. He was so angry with his brother, but Harun All Peace of Allah be upon him reminded Musa of their mother and asked him not to grasp his beard before people, so Musa repented and asked for Allah's (SWT) forgiveness for himself and his brother.

The importance of the family is illustrated clearly in the seerah (the biography of Prophet Muhammad All Peace of Allah be upon him). We can see him as a grandson and how kind his grandfather was, compensating him for the loss of his father. We can also see him as a son excusing Allah to visit his mother's grave 50 years after death, and crying for her loss till everyone around was moved by his feelings and cried too. We can see him as a father, when his daughter Fatimah knew he was dying because he could not get up and kiss her on her forehead as he usually did whenever he saw her. He never left Al-Madinah before visiting his daughter and, her house was the first to welcome him on his return. We can see him as a father-in-law, who for the sake of his daughter's husband (Ali Ibn Abi-Talib) covered his daughter's mother-in-law (Fatimah Bint Asad) when she died with his own cloak.

It is narrated that when the Prophet All Peace of Allah be upon him entered jannah (Paradise) on al-israa and al-mi’raj day[The night journey of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him from Makkah to Jerusalem and his ascension to the seventh heaven.]
he heard sounds of servants in a palace and when asked whose Palace it was, the angels told him that it was for Haritha Ibn Al-Noaman. Haritha was dutiful to his mother during his life and so deserved to be rewared after his death. He also saw Omm Solaim who was in Paradise as a reward for pleasing her husband and and for being obedient to him.

The family is so precious that you are double rewarded when you share a good deed with your family than doing it alone. A man is considered and is known as someone who remembers Allah a lot when he merely wakes up at night and awakens his wife to pray two Raka’a (one unit of Islamic prayer).

One might ask me why is the family so precious?
This is a logical question. We are created to reform earth and mankind were assigned this mission. This job is very hard and needs passion and feelings to help us accomplish it. Passion comes from kinship ties and family bond supporting eachother through the hardships of life. In our life it is so hard to keep those bonds from bieng shattered, but the Prophet was heard to have said that whoever was able to fulfil Allah's commands in a time when people are no longer doing so will be rewarded as if one migrated to Madinnah specially to visit the Prophet.

When the west went through the industrial revolution, they discovered that science solved many of their problems and thought that they no longer needed family ties, and that the same theories can be applied socially. They did not compare the past state to the present, which led to their confusion and instability. We can overpower the west by our preservation of our family ties.

Let us see this reportage for a family that has lost its son. The aim of watching this is not to be sad but to realize how precious a family is and how hard it is to lose one of its members:

- The mother: I was very related and attached to my son Amr as he was my only child.

- The father: May be Allah wanted to purify me of my sins, so he took my son; thus I accepted Allah's will.

- The mother: I lost my mother, my father and many other relatives, but I grieved for the loss of my son more than my grieve for all of them.

- The father: I want to tell my son that no matter how long we live, we surely shall all die and meet at last, hopefully in Paradise.

- The mother: When he took the Bachelors degree and was supposed to travel to England to study for the Masters and PHD, I refused and could not imagine the idea of not having him around. Everyone around blamed me for standing against fulfilling his future dreams. Now that he is dead, I do not know how to live without him. Of course, I am pleased with him and always pray for him, I do not have even the slightest anger against anything he did. He usually asked me if I had been pleased with him, and to my surprise he always used to tell me that I would go to Paradise because of him. I miss you my son.

^..sTr!vEr..^
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
i really liked the first episode...may Allah give us the potential to do so..Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.