/* */

PDA

View Full Version : missed fasts

salam786
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
salaam, can I ask what is the ruling if one misses fasts unintentionally so would it be seen as a person has made the missed fast up if they keep the six fasts that are meant to be kept after eid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-29-2007, 11:28 AM
erm i think i get your question, those 6 are nafl? and erm depends which one you make intention for you can keep all 7 or just make up for the one after Eid..

Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari (raa) related the Messenger of Allah, (saas), said:

"Whoever observes the Ramadan fast and follows it with six days of fast in Shawwal, it is as if he has fasted Dahr (the whole year)." (Bukhari) It has been mentioned earlier that Dahr means the whole year. Possibly it may also mean forever, or for life.

Undoubtedly, it is advised to speed up in making up for the missed fast days. Allah says about hastening in doing good: (… so vie with one another in good works)Ma’idah 5: 48). (Al-

sources: http://www.islamonline.net

fatwaonline.com :D

~Taalibah~
09-29-2007, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by salam786
salaam, can I ask what is the ruling if one misses fasts unintentionally so would it be seen as a person has made the missed fast up if they keep the six fasts that are meant to be kept after eid?
The six fasts kept after Ramadaan are Shawwal fast as Umma W clarifies.
I learnt that if one misses fast unintentionally it should be kept as soon asp.
So i'm looking at keeping my Qaza fast during the Shawwal time.:confused:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.