/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your Guide for Surviving Ramadan

Dahir
09-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I know this is like 2 weeks late, but better late than never, right.

Last year I was able to do all 30 days of Ramadan, but the years prior I was not so lucky, just getting away with 27 and 28 days. I always felt just a bit ill in the last 2 days. With that in mind, I have compiled an unofficial Ramadan manual, at least according to my odd guidelines and lifestyle.

• Make sure that meat isn't the last thing in your mouth before the night ends. Always eat fruits or something that will smell and taste pleasant in your mouth, because in the morning, even strong toothpaste brands can't battle the odor of meat, especially red meat.
  • OBVIOUSLY; stay away from people and places that will make you break your fast, always as a precaution.
  • Me and you have made it this far into Ramadan 2007, there are only 2 full weeks left, so pat yourself on the back.
  • And lastly, amidst the slight hunger sensations and temporary blackouts, don't forget to give Zakat during Eid.

I think that's all folks, Ramadan Kariim and Eid Mubarak in advance. :peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
^..sTr!vEr..^
09-29-2007, 07:19 PM
haan nice tips...jazakAllah!

Pk_#2
09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Have your 'sahur' people, man i like that word now, gna use it :coolious:

Be good :D

Dahir
09-29-2007, 07:23 PM
I took out my principle against Sahuur because eating Sahuur is a Sunnah. Just eat Sahuur with CAUTION.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Salamualikum.
shukran for this *Pat on Snowy's back*
Hope Allaah forgives us for our wrong doings insha'Allaah.

Eid Greetings to you aswel
Ma'assalama

Intisar
09-29-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Make sure that meat isn't the last thing in your mouth before the night ends. Always eat fruits or something that will smell and taste pleasant in your mouth, because in the morning, even strong toothpaste brands can't battle the odor of meat, especially red meat.
:sl: Very hard since it's compulsory for me to eat ari (goat) in my house and that's the last thing that my mother adds everything I eat for iftaar. But I've unintentionally eaten more fruits as of late. Jazakallah kheyr. :)

Pk_#2
09-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I took out my principle against Sahuur because eating Sahuur is a Sunnah. Just eat Sahuur with CAUTION.

jazakAllah akhi, dw about your health, your in the month of ramadhan just make dua while your fasting dat nothing cums up :-\

Peace :D

ISLAMASWEENEY
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Just Have Desire.

~Taalibah~
09-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Last year I was able to do all 30 days of Ramadan, but the years prior I was not so lucky, just getting away with 27 and 28 days. I always felt just a bit ill in the last 2 days. With that in mind, I have compiled an unofficial Ramadan manual, at least according to my odd guidelines and lifestyle.

• Make sure that meat isn't the last thing in your mouth before the night ends. Always eat fruits or something that will smell and taste pleasant in your mouth, because in the morning, even strong toothpaste brands can't battle the odor of meat, especially red meat.

:peace:
Jazakallah for the tips.
The last thing that i have before going to bed is a cup of TEA!
Not among the healthiest of things but i cant do with out it, if i have fruit, its with porridge Sehri time!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.